Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

As I've said before, Jill is not one of my favorites, yet I've been checking in too. I just got home from an Easter brunch & couldn't wait to check in. Repeat process before & after going to my mom's for Easter dinner. (Could check on my phone while I'm there but feel the need to draw the line somewhere. I would much rather celebrate Easter with my family than worry about the Duggars. Lol)

• Love 5
(edited)

I can't believe this is my life. My in-laws just left and the first thing I do is come on here to see if the gherkin has arrived. Gherkin, btw, is my name selection.

Edited by JenCarroll
  • Love 7

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this pregnancy. I do t care what Jilly Muffin says; if you're two weeks over due, then you shouldn't give birth at home. I've been in a NICU with Maisie for almost three months. In that time, I've seen multiple post due babies come through the NICU with problems. In some, they had delivery trauma or mom couldn't push them out so there was an emergency c-section. Jill having the two negative tests and then a light positive followed by ultrasound dating makes me think her March due date was pretty accurate. The Journal of Perinatology states that there us an exponential growth rate of complications and mortality after 41 weeks of gestation. Right now, she is considered "late term". As of 42 weeks, she will be "post term". At 42 weeks, with a natural labor (non induced) and vaginal delivery, the baby needs ventilation 9 times as frequently as a term infant. Asphyxiation due to cord degradation or other causes occurs 4 times more than a term infant. Sepsis in the newborn and NICU admissions also are between 6 and 9 times more likely in a 42 weeker than in a while 39-40 week neonatal. Sepsis or maternal complications also increase after 40 weeks. This is why most doctors and registered midwives advise induction at 41 weeks. I stand behind those who want to have a home birth or a natural birth. But after 40 weeks, the odds of a complication increase at a rapid clip. I hope Jill's midwife is monitoring her very closely.

• Love 15

I can't believe this is my life. My in-laws just left and the first thing I do is come on here to see if the gherkin has arrived. Gherkin, btw, is my name selection.

The good news (mental health wise) is that you didn't feel the need to check while they were visiting! 

• Love 3

Jellybean Dillard! That sounds about right as Cadbury sounds all uppity and all that since it was a British brand when it started. 

Announcements could read: Jellybean Dillard, son of Jillymuffin Duggar Dillard was born....

now I want a Cadbury egg.

They can't have my name.

• Love 9

There's a reason even midwives don't go beyond two weeks.

My sister was four weeks late, and it was criminally negligent of the OB not to have intervened before.

Wow! Never heard of any baby coming THAT late. 'Criminally-negligent' sounds about right to me...

Looking back on it, my mother's OB was dreadful. Every one of our births has some harrowing tale. Which is one of the reasons I'm not always "the doctors are always right" knee jerk.

• Love 7

Looking back on it, my mother's OB was dreadful. Every one of our births has some harrowing tale. Which is one of the reasons I'm not always "the doctors are always right" knee jerk.

Sounds as if your mom's doctor might have been the one that George Carlin based that joke on - "Every medical school class has someone who graduated last. And one of us has an appointment with the guy at 9 am tomorrow..."

• Love 14

I was 2 weeks 1 day late with my oldest son.  He was in no rush to come out. Even with the eventual induction he still took his own sweet time, my labor was 15 hours.  He was healthy, but they had to keep a close eye on his sugar levels and for this we stayed an extra day in the hospital. I hope they are in discussions about home birth vs. hospital,.

• Love 3

While I'm sure a big part of it is that she has trained as a mid-wife and believes in home birth, I think that there is also the fact that the cameras are set up at her house, and there are already plans for the money from the "Baby Dilly's birth" episode.

• Love 1

Goodness RickJamesBitch where are you? At this point I don't care if you are an Easter baby! I want to know you and your mom are safe and healthy. I'm leaving for an Easter Dinner soon and I don't want to be sneaking to the ladies room to get updates.

• Love 10

Goodness RickJamesBitch where are you? At this point I don't care if you are an Easter baby! I want to know you and your mom are safe and healthy. I'm leaving for an Easter Dinner soon and I don't want to be sneaking to the ladies room to get updates.

Eh, just tell them you are checking on the status of the American royal baby.

• Love 10

I totally agree that a baby past 42 weeks shouldn't be born at home - so do most home birth midwives that I know. If she hits 42 weeks she should go to a hospital to be induced - if her midwife doesn't have privileges there she should be able to serve as a doula at least.

That said, she's not 42 weeks until Tuesday, so she has a day or two. I wouldn't be surprised if she's panicking a little in private about the Tuesday deadline, but I think they're saavy enough not to show that on social media.

• Love 4
(edited)

Oh, please no! You know that they read these posts.....Don't inflate their heads any more than they are already!

I've often wondered how much they read about themselves. I can imagine Boob adoring leghumper sites, but I don't know if they would want to read anything from people that disagree with them. Jana has the internet passwords, right? I would love it if she read here and could see how much people are pulling for her. Same thing with Joy, Jinger and Josiah!

Edited by truelovekiss
  • Love 5

Eh, just tell them you are checking on the status of the American royal baby.

Can you imagine how royally pissed off Smuggs must be that RickJamesBitch is getting so much attention and no one seems to know/care that Anna is busy gestating away with M4. I don't think anyone made this much of a fuss over Mack, if I recall. Poor Smuggar.

• Love 4
(edited)

Yeah, so let's not think that a c-section is going to make a whit of difference to Jill in terms of her decision making with future pregnancies.

And Anna had several specials and episodes, long before the Duggars were as well known as they are now. She can claim to have built the brand. She'll likely be featured in a future episode, but everyone knows there is less attention on each child. She's the fifth of eight? She knows.

Edited by GEML
  • Love 4

No PEOPLE spreads. But I think Josh and Anna take real satisfaction in having made a life for themselves away from the family, but in such a way that Jim Bob has to accept it. He's done for his father what Jim Bob couldn't do himself - the upcoming event in Iowa with the Duggars and Mike Huckabee has Josh's fingerprints all over it. Jim Bob has been bested by his own son, and he can't say or do anything about that, but Josh and Anna know it, and that probably feels pretty good. Maybe even better than a PEOPLE cover.

• Love 10

What if little Jesus Rick James Bitch Israel Duggar Dillard senses that he doesn't want to be born do the Duggar circus and is stalling for as long as he can?

Or maybe he's just as desperate for attention as the rest of them, so he's doing his best to cause a commotion in utero.

• Love 1

I really wonder if Baby Dilly has already been born and the family is just doing a really good job of hiding the fact.  Isn't this Tuesday supposed to be a gender reveal episode for Jill? They will make the announcement after this episode airs. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I just hope Derick's mother and brother play some part in poor Dilly's life. I hope Uncle Dan sneaks him a superhero comic book or two and introduces him to sports, and Grandma Cathy takes him to the movies or lets him watch a show on Disney Channel once in a while. Derick was an Eagle Scout, but I cannot imagine Jill allowing her child to fraternize with non-fundies, so forget Boy Scouts. Likewise, team sports. Likewise, a normal school curriculum. As for there being another Pistol Pete in the family - nope. Hell will freeze over first.

I thought that Derick would want his children to have an upbringing similar to his , but he's already too far gone to the dark side. Jill is a Duggar through and through, and that kid will be raised Gothard-style. Poor little Dilly doesn't stand a chance.

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 4

I just hope Derick's mother and brother play some part in poor Dilly's life. I hope Uncle Dan sneaks him a superhero comic book or two and introduces him to sports, and Grandma Cathy takes him to the movies or lets him watch a show on Disney Channel once in a while. Derick was an Eagle Scout, but I cannot imagine Jill allowing her child to fraternize with non-fundies, so forget Boy Scouts. Likewise, team sports. Likewise, a normal school curriculum. As for there being another Pistol Pete in the family - nope. Hell will freeze over first.

I thought that Derick would want his children to have an upbringing similar to his , but he's already too far gone to the dark side. Jill is a Duggar through and through, and that kid will be raised Gothard-style. Poor little Dilly doesn't stand a chance.

I mostly agree, but in some ways it may be too soon to tell. Yeah -- this kid will be more of a Duggar than a Dillard. He certainly isn't going to public high school where he can carry a full load of AP classes, be quarterback of the HS football team, and go to prom with the prom queen. BUT 18 yrs is a long time, and it's possible that Derick grows a spine somewhere in that time. I mean this is baby #1 so Jill will dote on him full time for a yr or two, but I predict she -- like Anna -- will have 4 kids under the age of 5 soon enough. With that many kids, I can see her needing a "break" and if Derick actually gets to know his wife in the next 5 yrs and realizes that she has no clue when it comes to proper grammar, accurate history, and accurate science, he may try to get "his way"  -- he may be able to convince her that while public school is for Godless heathens, Christian school may not be the worst thing in the world. So there may be an option for a formal education at least for a few years. The problem with that however is that it gets costly, and I do think they will have 10+ kids -- so it may not be a financial option beyond a few yrs for each kid. I mean Derick does well, but I'm not sure that an entry level (or even a mid level) accountant can afford 10 private school tuitions for 12 yrs.

Even if they homeschool though, there's a chance their kid(s) is not as isolated as the Duggars were. If for no other reason than Derick is a sports fan and will probably start bringing the kid(s) to games pretty young. Growing up around that, I can see a kid or two insisting on playing a sport. Let's be honest Ben and Jessa will have kids at the same/similar times so with lots of cousins in the same age group, I can see Dillard Jr. saying -- but why can't I play football, Ben Jr gets to play  (and I think Ben will allow those things bc he did them). So that kind of involvement will at least allow the kid to have some interaction with non-family and maybe make some friends -- something the Duggars sorely lack. Best case for the kid would be if Uncle Dan and Grandma Cathy get to stay involved -- they're the ones who can infuse some "normalcy," even if it just means letting the kid sleep over once every 2 months and in that time letting him watch a Disney movie or play pretend superhero games and when he gets older -- tell him about college, talk to him about what he wants to be and help him figure out how to achieve goals (beyond just praying about them).

• Love 1

Makes their "story" more precious, special and sweet! *insert creepy MEchelle voice*

I don't watch the actual show, but see enough ads, trailers, etc. to keep up with them.  However, I was up late working last night and heard that awful, not-quite-tearful, oh-so-gentle, and TRULY kinda creepy voice of Michelle with the "Jessa Blessa" getting married.  Her voice is fingernails on the proverbial chalkboard. 

• Love 2

I think that JB and J'chelle are less rigid than they were, too. Once the J'slaves are gone and JB and J'chelle have to parent their own children, I think things will be a lot looser. I don't see good things in store for the howlers or the lost girls, and I think their fate may have some affect on Jill and Derick and how they see the cost of 20 kids (to the kids).

I totally agree that a baby past 42 weeks shouldn't be born at home - so do most home birth midwives that I know. If she hits 42 weeks she should go to a hospital to be induced - if her midwife doesn't have privileges there she should be able to serve as a doula at least.

That said, she's not 42 weeks until Tuesday, so she has a day or two. I wouldn't be surprised if she's panicking a little in private about the Tuesday deadline, but I think they're saavy enough not to show that on social media.

Exactly... somehow savvy isn't ever a word I thought I'd use for them, but I think that not seeing stuff online doesn't necessarily mean it's not happening. IMO and all I think it's entirely possible she's done all of the things people think she should be doing and we're just not hearing about it much. I also think it's possible the kid was born hours ago and they won't release it yet for various reasons. Waiting on health info, People spread, filming schedule - who knows. I hope they're all okay.

(edited)

What I hope for baby Dilly is lots of cousins. Sporty boy cousins and sassy girl cousins. Artistically inclined cousins and studious cousins. Such a wide range of cousins that Jill's Duggar influence is way way overshadowed.

Cousins who say "Look at this book I'm reading" or "Let me tell you about this cartoon I watched". Maybe even a cousin who says "Look at this undie catalog my mom got".

While Derrick is head deep in Duggar bull, I don't think Cathy and his brothers would ever let him isolate and go full side-hug. Hopefully the kid will have a chance just by absorbing from the normal kids on Derrick's side of the family.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 7

"go full side-hug"

classic !

Full side hug will send you to hell if you aren't married. Imagine a arm around you? Touching your shoulder? If a man is giving you a full side hug, you know he might touch your hair or neck, and we all know what happens when a man touches a neck.

• Love 2

What I hope for baby Dilly is lots of cousins. Sporty boy cousins and sassy girl cousins. Artistically inclined cousins and studious cousins. Such a wide range of cousins that Jill's Duggar influence is way way overshadowed.

Cousins who say "Look at this book I'm reading" or "Let me tell you about this cartoon I watched". Maybe even a cousin who says "Look at this undie catalog my mom got".

While Derrick is head deep in Duggar bull, I don't think Cathy and his brothers would ever let him isolate and go full side-hug. Hopefully the kid will have a chance just by absorbing from the normal kids on Derrick's side of the family.

I agree, but that's a lot of pressure on Dan to have the "normal" cousins. Since Jill has 18 siblings vs. just Dan for Derick, no way is the Duggar influence going to be overshadowed by the Dillards. Oh we can wish though !!

I am also ashamed to admit I have been checking all weekend for a birth update. Ive been following the Duggars for years, I need help. LOL

Can I just say how much I love this forum. Ive been on FJ for a few years but I like it better here. I lurk mostly in FJ

Anyway, I have a question. At what point does a doctor say ' no more pregnancies' if you have repeated c-sections? Like, whats the cut off? I know Jchelle had a few but she was able to have most births in between vaginally...but if JillypIcklymuffin has a c-section with JesusJr , then a second one, then a third...at what point does it become really unsafe? Would repeated c-sections decrease fertility?

I am also ashamed to admit I have been checking all weekend for a birth update. Ive been following the Duggars for years, I need help. LOL

Can I just say how much I love this forum. Ive been on FJ for a few years but I like it better here. I lurk mostly in FJ

Anyway, I have a question. At what point does a doctor say ' no more pregnancies' if you have repeated c-sections? Like, whats the cut off? I know Jchelle had a few but she was able to have most births in between vaginally...but if JillypIcklymuffin has a c-section with JesusJr , then a second one, then a third...at what point does it become really unsafe? Would repeated c-sections decrease fertility?

good question. I had a C section at 30 and my insurance would only approve another C at my next pregnancy because of my age, I was 40. VBAC was too risky for my age according to my OB, I had a higher risk of rupture.
  • Love 1

good question. I had a C section at 30 and my insurance would only approve another C at my next pregnancy because of my age, I was 40. VBAC was too risky for my age according to my OB, I had a higher risk of rupture.

These are actually two different issues... the first is pregnancies after a c-section. Assuming the c-sections were done in the typical fashion (horizontal cut along the bikini line) it shouldn't affect your actual fertility. Some doctors will start encouraging a woman to stop having babies after a lot of c-sections but it isn't like there is a exponentially greater problem with carrying a baby after multiple c-sections. Usually people don't have 14 or 15 of them though. 

Delivery after c-section is different. OBs don't tend to want to do VBACs in the first place. If you are a traditional hospital birth and you've had a c-section you are probably going to continue to have them. If you really want a VBAC you'll have to find a doctor who does them. A friend of mine recently had to interview 6 OBs before she could find one that didn't automatically schedule a c-section for women with previous c-sections. And then there are some who are medically unsuited for VBAC as well. 

For home births, it depends on the midwife. My midwives would not do VBACs. If you had a c-section before you were not eligible for a home birth. When I had my first daughter with them their policy was if you had a c-section and then a successful in hospital VBAC you could then have a home birth for the next baby but by the time I had my next child their policy had changed to no VBACs at all. I saw CNMs and they will have more stringent rules than a lay midwife so it's likely that if Jill were to have a c-section she would be able to have home birth later. That is assuming that a c-section at this point would be a fairly straight-forward one due to failed induction rather than a result of medical complications. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I can tell you my experience with c-sections.

I had my first via c-section at 29 because my BP was too high for a safe delivery.

With my second, at a few days away from 33, my BP was fine and my doctor said it would be OK to attempt a VBAC so long as I don't go over my due date (worried about baby being too big and tearing the old c-section scar)  She ended up being a c-section, too, because she stayed foot down. :)

My new OB (we've moved) said MAYBE one more baby.  Three consecutive c-scections seems to be the limit for my doctor.  She was very firm about that.  

It's fine, though,because at almost 39, this baby factory is closed.  Me-chelle would be so disappointed in me. ;)

Both my girls were delivered at 39-ish weeks.  I can't believe Jill is still pregnant (if she is...)

OK- back to our regularly scheduled baby stalking.

Edited by kstar821
  • Love 4

With this child being of American Royalty descent, I was thinking, maybe they're having difficulty finding a red carpet to cram into the Royal birth canal? Berber? Shag? Plush? So many choices.... It was an original hardwood entry/exit way at first........  

• Love 4

Does anyone know how common false positive pregnancy test results are?  Given the fact that Jill was on a mission to conceive from the moment she said "I do", the fact that they tend to start testing days before a missed period, and that the tests used  may have  been from Michelle's stash (i.e., old), maybe Jill wasn't actually pregnant when she got her first positive result, and is just approaching her due date now.

• Love 1