Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Totally said:

Meh.. my kids have done dumb things like this, I’m not going to come down on anyone for this. I remembering getting distracted when one of my kids was 4/12 and found every shampoo, moisturizer, hand soap etc emptied out all over the bathroom , and I do mean all over the bathroom! And our house wasn’t big so it’s not like I was very far from my kid when it was happening 😑

Kids do things they know they shouldn’t all the time, so I’m not coming down on Sam either

Yikes! How many hours (days?, weeks?, months? ) did it take to the last stickiness and slipperiness out of there?!?!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Madtown said:

Not sure how this happens. Assuming both Jill and Derick are home, no one sees Sam carrying all the books into the bathroom? At Sam's age, I would think he would know not pour water on books.

When my kids were Iz and Sam’s ages, they got up earlier than us one Saturday morning and proceeded to lock themselves out of the house. My five year old finally went around to the front door and rang the doorbell to wake us up. I’m just glad our angry, judgmental neighbor didn’t see it. He would have called our landlord. (My angry, judgmental neighbor called my landlord for stupid things like my kids leaving a bike on the curb in front of our house.  Very glad to move away from him.)

• Love 6

I don't blame Jill for the books/water issue.  For all she knew, he was down for a nap or going potty but had other ideas.

I used to live in an apartment complex and accross the hall lived a single mom of a toddler girl.  One day, I heard some noise out in the hall and a few minutes later I looked out the window and the toddler was out in the parking lot buck naked.  Turns out, the mom needed a shower and the girl within minutes, went out the door.  Kids can be FAST.

• Love 15

One summer morning, my mother got a phone call from her friend across the street.  It seemed that my sister, who was about 4 1/2 at the time was outside walking around the block with the younger brother who was about 2 1/2.  They just decided to go out before mom got up.  They were in their pjs, and my brother was wearing cloth diapers, which were a little droopy.  Since it was the summer, mom did not have to get up as early to get the  older children to school .  When my father got home that evening, he put some “hook and eye” closures at the top of the front and back door to prevent future escapes...

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

It may be difficult for Jill to be living more separately from her family, but she is clearly happier -- and so are Derick and her sons. I think JB was fine having her around when she and Derick were having problems because they were a "cautionary tale" for the others. While Jill may have smiled a lot when she lived at the TTH, she never seemed particularly happy. She always seemed to be wound too tight. Now, she seems happy and relaxed and that's a problem for JB: she can't be outside his umbrella of protection AND be happy. That's not going to work for him. Any rapprochement between the two households is going to require JB to give a little, and I can't imagine him doing that.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I'm glad Jill has Amy as some part of her family still. And even though they are out and about, they are wearing masks, which no other Duggar seems to do. I'll bet Israel knows more about masks, hand washing, and social distancing than all of his Duggar aunts and uncles combined. And he probably knows more math, science, spelling, history, etc. than them at this point, as well. 

Wishing my kids were younger. I really want to look at the map book with Izzy. lol

• Love 12
22 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

This is how my grandmother learned to speak English--watching her (many) children do homework.

This is how I’ve had to make up for my fundie church basement education. By doing school right along with my kids.  Especially now that it’s all from home!  Actual history and science!  🥳

• Love 24
8 minutes ago, awaken said:

Totally agree!  It sounds so...confining!

They seem to have a lot of Freudian slips like that. I still can't get over them calling the TTH the Big House.

Just doin' life at the big house! No parole. 

• LOL 21
  • Love 3
On 12/22/2020 at 1:09 AM, DangerousMinds said:

Omg, they all need to stop with the “do life” thing.

I've noticed people from a couple different denominations use this phrase...they usually say "in love" instead of "in law" as well.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I hope Jill preserves that ornament.  I have fond memories of the ones I made at that age (even with me rocking a mullet in first grade).  Boo on them going out to dinner during a pandemic.

It really is so sweet. The dinner not so much. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Turquoise said:

I've noticed people from a couple different denominations use this phrase...they usually say "in love" instead of "in law" as well.

I just noticed that phrasing in a local obituary. I know the family, and I am pretty sure they are not religious. It's not really been on my radar before that, though. 

• Love 3

New blog post:

Merry Christmas from the Dillards! 

Even though this year has been a tough one, we pray you will feel God’s peace surround you and his hope fill you as we focus on the blessings he has given us, including the birth of Jesus Christ our Savior many years ago! 

Here’s a little recap and update on our family!

After returning home to Arkansas from the mission field in Central America for the birth of Samuel (about 3 years ago), Derick worked with our home church for a year in the Cross Church School of Ministry program while we continued to pursue our longterm goal of full-time international mission work. While in the program, we were excited to primarily work with international students and their families in outreach opportunitiesat the University of Arkansas Fayetteville (UofA). Our immediate plans for longterm missions outside the US were halted when we were made aware of some things outside of our control that ultimately prevented us from serving with the organization we had prepared to work with. Although we were disappointed, we accepted God’s new direction for our family and made plans accordingly. 

Upon completion of the one-year ministry program with our church, Derick began law school at the UofA. He currently has one more semester left before graduation with his Juris Doctor degree in May 2021! He has thoroughly enjoyed his experiences so far with clerkship jobs, a fellowship, and externships in several federal, state and county offices. As an attorney, he plans to work in some form of public service law and is also interested in judicial clerkship opportunities. He was excited to attain Rule XV certification earlier this year which has allowed him to represent clients under supervision in the UofA’s criminal law clinic.

Jill stays busy these days with blogging, content creation and management of our social media accounts while pre-schooling Samuel at home and keeping things running on the home front. In May 2019, we moved into our first home and have enjoyed settling down a little + all the fun that comes with being homeowners for the first time, including decorating and hosting guests, although this year that’s slowed down a bit due to the coronavirus.

Israel (5) is enjoying kindergarten this year and has loved making new friends at school. We’ve been grateful that his school has taken measures to keep everyone healthy and he’s been able to continue in-person classes so far. His favorites are P.E. & math (like his daddy;-) ). He is becoming a great little reader and loves reading books to us in the evening! Israel’s favorite foods are pepperoni pizza and cinnamon toast.

Samuel (3) is enjoying preschool at home with mommy. He loves to tell everyone his sight words when he sees them in books big brother is reading. He also loves playing alphabet go fish and UNO. Sam’s favorite foods are tacos, cheese pizza and macaroni & cheese. 

Although this year has been somewhat unpredictable and brought with it some extra stress, we pray you find hope and peace this season through Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace!

Love and Best Wishes, 

Derick,  Jill, Israel & Samuel Dillard

4D9945C5-7E1E-42E9-A826-B5290540F188.jpeg

• Love 10

The summary of their life before the year seems a little weird and out of place in a Christmas update post. I mean, compared to one of my cousin's batshit Christmas letters, it's pretty normal, but it seems more geared toward pushing back at people then being an actual yearly update. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 19