Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I don't hate any of those clothes. I don't think they go well all together, but I would wear them.

I think Jill values comfort and function over style and that is perfectly okay. So what if an outfit isn't flattering if she feels confortable and good in it. I think one should dress for themselves and how they feel.

For some, that may be very fashion forward, figure accenting outfits. For others it may be baggy and out of fashion trends. Some people pick material over fit.

You can feel comfortable and sexy and attractive when you like what you're wearing,  regardless of whether or not it's in fashion. 

I love that she's making her own style. 

• Love 19

Have the boys ever watched a real TV anywhere? I can imagine their first movie theater movie would be quite overwhelming. I even find the first few minutes a bit offensive due to the sound volume alone, and I know what to expect. 

Imagine going from watching a tiny laptop screen with one little speaker to a dark room with an entire wall of picture, and sound that fills the room. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

a bit offensive due to the sound volume alone,

Do what I used to do. Take ear plugs. I can still hear every word, but I don’t walk out with my ears ringing or a headache. Mind you I can’t even remember the last time I went to the cinema. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Do what I used to do. Take ear plugs. I can still hear every word, but I don’t walk out with my ears ringing or a headache. Mind you I can’t even remember the last time I went to the cinema. 

Ear plugs! Good idea. A little more high class than me. lol

I actually grab a napkin on the way in and put a couple pieces in my ears for about the first 5 minutes. I'm fine once I acclimate.

• Love 2

All those "mixed-media" clothes on Jill are throwbacks to the 60s/70s....I wouldn't mind them individually, but they are ALL TOO BIG on her.

Sam is so cute...I hope he doesn't morph into John David.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Have the boys ever watched a real TV anywhere? I can imagine their first movie theater movie would be quite overwhelming. I even find the first few minutes a bit offensive due to the sound volume alone, and I know what to expect. 

Imagine going from watching a tiny laptop screen with one little speaker to a dark room with an entire wall of picture, and sound that fills the room. 

My young niece was scared to death the first time my mom took her to the movies. They finally ended up leaving during the movie because the loud sound scared her.

I don't think Jill's clothes are that bad either especially if she's going for comfort.  

• Love 2

I'm not sure Jill picked those clothes. I'm guessing the autumn clothes were poor sellers (a couple were summer dresses) and Amy gave them to her, figuring at least some of her followers would give her store more traffic looking for something they could buy with the discount. Not the smartest advertising move, but its Amy we're talking about.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I owe Jill an apology. Every hideous thing I’ve ever criticized her for wearing has been integrated into my pandemic wardrobe. I have like three versions of that prairie dress she modeled. Size XL to accommodate the 20 lbs I’ve gained. I even have a red version of those ugly pants above. Those are my “fancy” pants I save only for special occasions like a trip to Walgreens. I wear them with my formal Crocs. Sorry Jill.

This really made me laugh. I've been working from home since March and wear pajamas all day. On the few occasions I've been forced to leave the house, I have a pair of "formal sweatpants" that I wear to look "fancy," and that feels like the equivalent of what wearing business casual used to. I don't know how I'll go back to pants with a real waist after this. 😂 I could easily end up in Jill's pants as well!

• LOL 4
  • Love 18

Maybe they don't have a TV because they would have to pay for cable? Are they able to get those cartoons on the computer for free? I know basically nothing about alternatives to cable but I'm sure many posters here do. 

Edited by Dehumidifier
posTers, not posers!
10 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Maybe they don't have a TV because they would have to pay for cable? Are they able to get those cartoons on the computer for free? I know basically nothing about alternatives to cable but I'm sure many posers here do. 

You don't have to have cable to get channels, though. I don't have cable and live in the middle of nowhere. My stations are a bit patchy, but I still get several of them. (Not all at the same time, depending on the weather. 🙃 ) But they'd have much better luck in a subdivision. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Maybe they don't have a TV because they would have to pay for cable? Are they able to get those cartoons on the computer for free? I know basically nothing about alternatives to cable but I'm sure many posers here do. 

they could hook up the laptop to a TV/bigger screen or monitor. they have chosen not to do that. yet they have a DVD player in their car. the boys have been shown staring up at it several times in Jill's selfies and eating in the car date night pics

Edited by crazy8s
can't spell half the time.....
  • Love 9
On 12/11/2020 at 4:57 PM, Zella said:

I keep trying to think of something snarky to post about those outfits, but they are so awful, I'm just rendered speechless every time I think about them. And I say this as someone who has absolutely no fashion sense whatsoever. 

You can't pigeonhole it because there is sooo much going on with each of those pieces!

A nightmare in Arkansas!  Lol

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Zella said:

You don't have to have cable to get channels, though. I don't have cable and live in the middle of nowhere. My stations are a bit patchy, but I still get several of them. (Not all at the same time, depending on the weather. 🙃 ) But they'd have much better luck in a subdivision. 

Exactly.  Even if they're watching DVD's; they could hook the DVD ROM on the laptop into the TV and have a better viewing experience than trying to watch on a tiny screen.  Makes for a much more comfortable family viewing experience.

2 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Absolutely. I have two categories of sweatpants: Dog walk sweatpants and my more formal Dog park sweatpants so I don’t embarrass my dog in front of his friends. Jill needs to seriously consider rebranding her frump-wear to appeal to the newly frumpy masses.

I don't have a problem with Jill wearing loose fitting comfortable clothing, but the stuff she is modeling here is not loose fitting, it is too big.  If she went down a size or two, she would still be comfortable, but would look much neater and put together.

• Love 11
19 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She confirmed that they don't have a TV.

I'm relieved!  No sin happening in the Dillard household!  As long as the show is on a laptop, we're safe!

6 hours ago, thehorseofpower said:

This really made me laugh. I've been working from home since March and wear pajamas all day. On the few occasions I've been forced to leave the house, I have a pair of "formal sweatpants" that I wear to look "fancy," and that feels like the equivalent of what wearing business casual used to. I don't know how I'll go back to pants with a real waist after this. 😂 I could easily end up in Jill's pants as well!

LOL.  I've worn black leggings and a tank top every day since March.  If needed, I throw a hoodie over it.  It's too bad, because I was having a great time building a professional wardrobe from StitchFix right before this all started- I was excited to look more put together and dressy at work!  Now that I'm in head to toe PPE for work there's no need for nice clothes and I haven't worn even one of my new garments!  

• Love 16

I can't fault Jill for her fashion choices either.  I managed to get a new job during covid and my first day was a mandatory PPE meeting for getting equipment, etc.  I was so out of touch on how to dress, what I worn should have been business casual and wound up being borderline pyjamas.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I can't fault Jill for her fashion choices either.  I managed to get a new job during covid and my first day was a mandatory PPE meeting for getting equipment, etc.  I was so out of touch on how to dress, what I worn should have been business casual and wound up being borderline pyjamas.

I agree that Jill should have had those clothes in at least one size smaller, if not more. But I'm also quite conscious that I've fallen off the fashion wagon so when it comes to style critiques I can just STFU.  

My excuse is that I retired from my professional career years ago, and I work temp assignments now that just don't call for very dressed-up appearance. And of course the working at home since March has meant I wear nothing but casual tops and jeans. I did buy some nice new sweatshirts last month for this winter, since I lost weight and could buy a size smaller. These replaced similar sweatshirts from last winter/spring. Those had bleach splatters from my carrying my spray bottle of Clorox cleanup and cleaning cloth with me all over this condo building. They were donated to a charity thrift shop. I feel almost spiffy in my new non-bleach splattered sweatshirts. How standards have fallen. *snort*. I saw a nicely dressed woman at the tire shop the other day (I was having the winter tires put on the car) and mentally tipped my hat to her for being stylish. Nice long wool coat, lovely black leather boots (riding boot style), posh handbag, red hair nicely styled and topped with a well-fitted wool beret. You don't dress like that for pennies, but she was nice to look at. I was the country mouse in jeans, sweatshirt, knee length winter coat from Kohl's, Merrell suede winter loafers, and no handbag (necessities stuffed in pockets). Maybe 15 years ago I would be trying to look stylish, but whether it's old age, or insanity, or Letting Myself Go, I now admire style on others and aspire mainly to be decently covered and clean. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 15

I wonder if they couldn’t figure out where to put a TV in their living room, so they just decided to go without. If I remember from her pictures, there’s not a great way to arrange the living room for a TV. ( I could be wrong. That was a whole pandemic ago.). It would be nice if they at least got a smaller one to watch movies. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, irisheyes said:

I wonder if they couldn’t figure out where to put a TV in their living room, so they just decided to go without. If I remember from her pictures, there’s not a great way to arrange the living room for a TV. ( I could be wrong. That was a whole pandemic ago.). It would be nice if they at least got a smaller one to watch movies. 

If I'm remembering correctly they put the piano against the wall across from the couch. A TV could go on that wall.

23 hours ago, graybrown bird said:

I've always thought Sam looked like Jim Bob's mini-me.  Don't hate me.

I've actually always thought that he looks a little bit like the Grinch, plotting for his Christmas heist in Who-ville. There's a particular facial expression he sometimes wears where I can't see anything else.

OIP.jpg

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I've actually always thought that he looks a little bit like the Grinch, plotting for his Christmas heist in Who-ville. There's a particular facial expression he sometimes wears where I can't see anything else.

OIP.jpg

image.png.fa16d11d781a44ea5f74162c6efa6cdd.png

latest?cb=20200114204116

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I am uncomfortable with a child's facial expressions being deemed sinister or grinch like.

he is a small child, captured in bad pics and screenshots.

I love the Grinch! The Grinch has a big heart.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

yes agree to the grinch eventually having a big heart, but I don't think that is what is being referred to/implied with the pics of sam here.

I hear you. For me it reminds me of the stories that a poster (so sorry can't remember the name) used to write about Sammy plotting his escape.

So sorry, if I offended you!

• Love 5

not offended as much as I can't remember the policy on snarking on minors.

this seemed maybe crossing the line from the sam escape fan fiction to posting sam's pic along with the grinch and then the next post saying something sinister.

I snark away all the time here, but I try not to comment on the minors as far as appearance.

• Love 3
Just now, crazy8s said:

this seemed maybe crossing the line from the sam escape fan fiction to posting sam's pic along with the grinch and then the next post saying something sinister.

I snark away all the time here, but I try not to comment on the minors as far as appearance.

Me too. I rarely comment on anyone's looks. This particular time didn't feel mean spirited to me at all.

As far as I know, the only thing off limits with minors is sexual orientation. I also try and refrain from those comments with adults too, because in their world the repercussions of those rumors can be harsh.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I hear you. For me it reminds me of the stories that a poster (so sorry can't remember the name) used to write about Sammy plotting his escape.

That was @mynextmistakeand those stories were hilarious! I think Sam and Izzy are both adorable.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I remember those stories, too.  I miss them!  They were fun to read.

2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I didn't mean to offend.  I love Sam's expressions, and like I said, he's very cute.  My comment was not to imply that he's bad in any way.

• Love 5

JD has a prominent brow ridge  and deep set eyes, giving him a "caveman" vibe. I think Sam shares those features but in a cute toddler version. I've only really seen it dramatically in that recent photo where he's in profile. 

• Love 2

Sam.has the best facial expressions out of the grandDuggars. I remember watching the whole Izzy's first day of school video and Sam's expression as he was throwing the underwear at Jill was hilarious. He reminds me of a real life Stewie Griffin. "WOMAN! I am tired of these diapers! It is big boy underwear from now on!"

He's probably quite the little imp in real life.

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
44 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

h5hqbgvevk561.jpg

Jill has really big eyes. Nice pic except for the partially open mouth. And this is a thing that I do: identify what animal a human would be. In Jill's case, my first thought based on this photos was rabbit but possibly beaver, instead.

• LOL 1