Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Chris Knight

Jill & Derick Dullard: Counting On (Donations)

33 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

Yeah, it’s oddly normal. (Which is what I think this thread should be called.)

I agree. 

Jill & Derick Dillard - Oddly Normal

• Like 15

Well nice to see Jill with her sisters. I'm glad they still keep in touch with her despite her being exiled from TTH. 

Also Jill is now IMO the most prettiest sister. Not in terms of face but her hair, clothes, makeup etc are all more flattering than Jessa/Joy/Jinger/Jana. 

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Already posted and discussed. 😊

I didn't see it. Having computer problems today. Sorry.  😞

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

But still dangerous. 

People who pretend normalcy for to gain followers are the most dangerous.

• Like 6

On 10/15/2020 at 5:34 AM, floridamom said:

So, if humans and dinosaurs existed together, as they believe, how is it that dinosaurs became extinct and humans continued on? Do they believe that either a giant meteor hit the earth and exploded or sudden climate change (ice age) hit? Still, how is it that humans survived? These people really need to answer those valid questions. 

How do they explain that? 

• Like 1

I've heard that they say the dinos weren't on the ark and drowned. Why the dinos weren't on the ark, I don't know. I doubt they do either. 😁

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Why the dinos weren't on the ark, I don't know.

There wasn’t enough room for the 1000 cubic cubit litterbox.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 18

21 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Is his dinosaur wearing stripper boots ?

Is it wrong that I really really hope so?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nysha said:

I agree. 

Jill & Derick Dillard - Oddly Normal

5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

But still dangerous. 

Suspiciously Normal, maybe? 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I've heard that they say the dinos weren't on the ark and drowned. Why the dinos weren't on the ark, I don't know. I doubt they do either. 😁

Noah thought they could swim..... oops!  😬

• Laugh 5

6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Noah thought they could swim..... oops!  😬

Well maybe we should just say they aren't capable of coherent ideas or are bereft of critical thinking skills and leave it there, because we will just give ourselves a headache.

• Like 13

9 hours ago, Genevrier said:

Suspiciously Normal, maybe? 

Yes! Jill & Derick Dillard: Still Fundy, but Suspiciously Normal

I was taught that dinosaurs were too heavy for the ark, so they all died in the flood. This works if you don't believe in evolution.

I was punished continuing to ask questions, like how did Noah gather penguins, how did he keep the predators from eating all the other animals, if the ark only took 2 of each animal what did they feed the carnivores, and the one that made all the adults the maddest, why would god drown babies? 

Edited by Nysha
  • Like 21
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 4

This is Jill who used to eat in the bathroom to hang onto her food.  Obviously once again growing up Duggar causes one to do things a little bit differently.

10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Okay, this is one of my biggest hang-ups. Food does not belong in the bathroom, EVER. Sorry, I just feel very strongly about this.

• Like 6
  • Sad 9

27 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

gsv0bio2bit51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

v1rr7yrsait51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Off topic for a quick question... Does turkey bacon taste like the real thing?

15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Okay, this is one of my biggest hang-ups. Food does not belong in the bathroom, EVER. Sorry, I just feel very strongly about this.

When Jill lived at the TTH she used to hide in the bathroom to eat, so I guess it’s never bothered her.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

When Jill lived at the TTH she used to hide in the bathroom to eat, so I guess it’s never bothered her.

Jinx.

• Like 1

Picturing a 10 year old standing in the bathroom to eat the last piece of toast is sad. Seeing a picture of breakfast, on a sink, next to a make-up bag and in room where I imagine copious amounts of hair, is gross.

Either way, it has never, and will never, happen in my house.

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Off topic for a quick question... Does turkey bacon taste like the real thing?

No! Turkey bacon is a crime against humanity. It taste like store-brand, fat-free bologna, they use food coloring to make it look like bacon, and you have to almost burn it to make it crisp.

• Like 19
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 1

Turkey bacon is ok but to me, not as wonderfully delicious as real bacon. But good for the Dillards for making better health choices.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Turkey bacon is ok but to me, not as wonderfully delicious as real bacon. But good for the Dillards for making better health choices.

I cheat and cook the turkey bacon and regular bacon on a pan together in the oven so the turkey bacon gets real bacon grease soaked in as it cooks. It is a cost saver more than a health thing. Turkey bacon is much cheaper where I shop.

Edited by sleepysuzy
  • Useful 6

Turkey bacon is ok but now I'm eating tempeh bacon. I've even made carrot bacon which was a thing recently. Jill should keep trying to branch out but it's going to be baby steps. Tatertot tastes do not evolve quickly (oh I said that word).

Edited by Chicklet
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

3 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Turkey bacon is ok but now I'm eating tempeh bacon. I've even made carrot bacon which was a thing recently. Jill should keep trying to branch out but it's going to be baby steps. Tatertot tastes do not evolve quickly (oh I said that word).

But I've now seen broccoli tots, broccoli and cheese tots, and cauliflower tots, so she can evolve there, too.

• Like 5

I don't mind turkey bacon, but I also don't understand people's obsession with bacon in general. I'd rather eat sausage any day. Was surprised to see them eating turkey bacon. Wonder if they're doing it for health or budget reasons or if Jill still follows her family's no pork thing.  

Edited by Zella
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

How long does Jilly Muffin take getting ready that she needs her breakfast served in the bathroom by Best Hubby Ever?  It seems toally staged.

• Like 2

If it doesn't take her longer just to shower than it does to fry that bacon and put a bagel in the toaster, she's doing something wrong.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ouinason said:

If it doesn't take her longer just to shower than it does to fry that bacon and put a bagel in the toaster, she's doing something wrong.

She's said in the past that she showers at night. So, basically getting ready would consist of doing her hair and makeup.

• Useful 1

11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Completely co-signed. My husband will make himself a cappuccino and then take it with him into the bathroom. Just no.

Agreed that she grew up like this, though.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, fair’s fair, that’s the best Derrick has looked since pre-Duggar. That haircut suits him.

I think he's gained a little weight, too--he looks less alarmingly skeletal than he did. 

• Like 12

I am also in the “no food in the bathroom ever camp.” But, when I worked for someone else, before I started my own business, I did drink my morning tea in the half bath while I did my makeup. But I only drank my tea. Any food was eaten in the dining room/kitchen area.

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Like 4

Izzy looks to have shot up a little. I think he's leaning toward long and lean like Derick. Did Jessa do Dan's son's hair?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

On 10/17/2020 at 9:16 AM, GeeGolly said:

I have eaten in the bathroom a few times when running late. Now that I have a master bath, I don't need to. 

On 10/17/2020 at 9:56 AM, Nysha said:

No! Turkey bacon is a crime against humanity. It taste like store-brand, fat-free bologna, they use food coloring to make it look like bacon, and you have to almost burn it to make it crisp.

We like it. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Some different pics from Jill. Izzy's mask is hilarious.

my grandson, who is also in Kindergarten, has the same mask. he loves it

• Like 8

On 10/17/2020 at 9:37 PM, anna0852 said:

1st, food the bathroom is gross. But at the same time Jill grew up in such a dysfunctional situation. She literally hid in the bathroom as a child to eat because it was the only way she got enough to eat. I'm not gonna judge her for not magically overcoming her childhood trauma because she is now an adult. There's no trauma off switch. She is working with a therapist, which is wonderful and a huge step forward for her. But it's not a magic pill, it's work and it may be work she does for the rest of her life. I think Turkey bacon and toast in the bathroom is not a great idea. But I'm really glad there's another adult out there who's genuinely trying to do nice things for her. Who presumably cares about her and her happiness and her comfort and her over all quality of life. Jill has never had that before. She didn't grow up in a secure family, she's just now experiencing that in the last few years. I'm really really glad for her or that she finally gets to have this.

And Jill grew up in the TTH.   Every time I see the place in a photo or onscreen all I can think of is the pervasive stench it likely has.   I give any of them immense props for having any notion about personal or household hygiene and cleanliness because they have had to learn it on their own IMO. 

My daughter roomed with and became good friends in college with someone who was actively blocked from learning about basic household lifeskills by a mentally ill parent actively plotting for ways to stifle her daughter and retain control.   My very particularly tidy daughter at first struggled to understand her friend genuinely didn't have a clue about things my daughter felt an eight year old's common sense could have riddled out.   Once she understood the situation it was a lot easier to put up with the chaotic messes and she was actually able to help her friend learn -- something that continued when they graduated and the friend moved out of state for a job and to make a permanent break with the mother.   My daughter essentially helped steer her friend into what necessities she needed to set up independent housekeeping, what was immediate, what could wait, what pricepoints and quality considerations were important to watch, etc. -- including purchasing clothing she could wear to work because she had dressed in college generally in black jeans, tees and sweats for the most part because she struggled with the concept of color sorting, etc. in doing laundry.   

I think of how crippling things like lack of basic life skills, social skills and education can be to people raised like the Duggars.  Suddenly the idea of Duggar time isn't just weird and ridiculous, but something that can easily derail a person's choices and opportunities in life.    

• Like 20
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 6

2 hours ago, Tikichick said:

And Jill grew up in the TTH.   Every time I see the place in a photo or onscreen all I can think of is the pervasive stench it likely has.   I give any of them immense props for having any notion about personal or household hygiene and cleanliness because they have had to learn it on their own IMO. 

My daughter roomed with and became good friends in college with someone who was actively blocked from learning about basic household lifeskills by a mentally ill parent actively plotting for ways to stifle her daughter and retain control.   My very particularly tidy daughter at first struggled to understand her friend genuinely didn't have a clue about things my daughter felt an eight year old's common sense could have riddled out.   Once she understood the situation it was a lot easier to put up with the chaotic messes and she was actually able to help her friend learn -- something that continued when they graduated and the friend moved out of state for a job and to make a permanent break with the mother.   My daughter essentially helped steer her friend into what necessities she needed to set up independent housekeeping, what was immediate, what could wait, what pricepoints and quality considerations were important to watch, etc. -- including purchasing clothing she could wear to work because she had dressed in college generally in black jeans, tees and sweats for the most part because she struggled with the concept of color sorting, etc. in doing laundry.   

I think of how crippling things like lack of basic life skills, social skills and education can be to people raised like the Duggars.  Suddenly the idea of Duggar time isn't just weird and ridiculous, but something that can easily derail a person's choices and opportunities in life.    

that is why I think everyone should learn money management/ banking and even investing in school....:)...I am amazed at some people who cannot grasp money/ banking / bills etc...

• Like 15

1 hour ago, hathorlive said:

My BFF grew up in extreme poverty and when she moved to a very snowy climate, I had to convince her to buy snow boots.  She literally thought that vented Nikes would get the job down and hated wasted money on non-necessities.  Jill grew up in the same way and you never truly get over not having enough food or having to hide in a bathroom to make sure you get something to eat.  Eating in the bathroom is probably even comforting to her, as it was a time of having food and being fulfilled.  My friend is extremely successful and I still have to convince her buy nice kitchen pans or perfume.  I don't think the older Duggar kids will ever get over that.  Josh moved out and immediately started stuffing his face.  Jessa's indifference to cleaning probably stems from having to be a handmaid and sister mom from a young age. I wonder if JD's obsession with flying fulfills his need to escape his family.  And with that, this moment of pop psychology is over.  (Though to be a fair I do have a masters in psychology, so...).

Don’t forget joes plate licking!  That’s got to have deep meaning. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, awaken said:

Don’t forget joes plate licking!  That’s got to have deep meaning. 

Not even going to hazard a guess on that one.  They are one strange family for sure.

• Like 4

Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.