Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Chris Knight

Jill & Derick Dullard: Counting On (Donations)

Recommended Posts

I don't believe Jeremy is a business genius, but I do think his and Jinger's situation was much different than the others who married.  The game plan with all the rest was that they would marry and live close to Ma and Pa, with housing and jobs(?) provided by Ma and Pa.  At the time they married, Jeremy was living in Laredo, with no intentions of moving anywhere near the rest of the cult, I mean family.  They may not have been the break-out stars they seem to think they are, but their storyline was a very important part of the show, and JB knew it.

I seriously doubt TLC or the production company had any interest in negotiating directly with Jeremy, but I do think JB knew he had to make some serious concessions to keep them on the show.  Unless Jinger or Jeremy go public at some point, we'll never know what kind of concessions he made, but it was clearly something that kept both parties working together.  

 

  • Like 9
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think the 90k for the Laredo house came from Boob. 

I could see Jim Bob buying the house in Laredo, putting it in his own name, letting Jinger and Jeremy live there rent-free and then making a profit from it after the Vuolos moved on. But giving money freely and generously to his children with no strings attached is not in his wheelhouse.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I could see Jim Bob buying the house in Laredo, putting it in his own name, letting Jinger and Jeremy live there rent-free and then making a profit from it after the Vuolos moved on. But giving money freely and generously to his children with no strings attached is not in his wheelhouse.

The house was in Jinger and Jeremy's names. Boob was not on the deed.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

The way I see the husbands entering the family is Derick and Ben being brought in almost like sons, Jeremy being brought in as a SIL, and Austin as already being part of the gang.

I don't think JB's relationship with his SsIL play any part in the money they receive (except now with Derick) whether they have a TLC contract or a "JB contract". If they are paid out of JB's TLC funds, I'm thinking he pays each couple a set amount for each season.

 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I caved and watched the video. Jill’s boys seem so sweet. I think this is the most I’ve ever heard Sam talk, he seems like such a happy little thing! He’s adorable. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Movie night. I was expecting at least a sheet hung on the back of the garage as a screen. The boys are watching a movie on a laptop propped on a chair. 🙄

  • Laugh 9
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, MonicaM said:

I don't believe Jeremy is a business genius, but I do think his and Jinger's situation was much different than the others who married.  The game plan with all the rest was that they would marry and live close to Ma and Pa, with housing and jobs(?) provided by Ma and Pa.  At the time they married, Jeremy was living in Laredo, with no intentions of moving anywhere near the rest of the cult, I mean family.  They may not have been the break-out stars they seem to think they are, but their storyline was a very important part of the show, and JB knew it.

I seriously doubt TLC or the production company had any interest in negotiating directly with Jeremy, but I do think JB knew he had to make some serious concessions to keep them on the show.  Unless Jinger or Jeremy go public at some point, we'll never know what kind of concessions he made, but it was clearly something that kept both parties working together.  

 

The trick would be keeping Jeremy off the show.

 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post

Jeremy was also the first in-law to come in after both of the Josh scandals- unlike Derrick he knew exactly what the scandals would cost the family as far as TLC revenue. Because this is the Jill & Derrick thread- Jeremy was not sold the Bill of goods Derrick was, the situations were very different, as such I think their initial interactions with TLC were different. 

  • Like 16
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Jeremy was also the first in-law to come in after both of the Josh scandals- unlike Derrick he knew exactly what the scandals would cost the family as far as TLC revenue. Because this is the Jill & Derrick thread- Jeremy was not sold the Bill of goods Derrick was, the situations were very different, as such I think their initial interactions with TLC were different. 

Even without the scandals, Jeremy certainly knew enough of the world to know that a regular tv gig is supposed to come with monetary compensation. He was neither naive nor enough of a believer to fall in with the ministry tale like Derick did.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

I caved and watched the video. Jill’s boys seem so sweet. I think this is the most I’ve ever heard Sam talk, he seems like such a happy little thing! He’s adorable. 

I don't think I ever saw the Duggar kids that happy and free.  Sam is adorable!  And I was happy to see  Jill and Derrick praise Israel for something.  They seem so...normal.  For Duggars.

 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Movie night. I was expecting at least a sheet hung on the back of the garage as a screen. The boys are watching a movie on a laptop propped on a chair. 🙄

The compulsion to use laptops for all video appears to be genetically determined.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, lascuba said:

Even without the scandals, Jeremy certainly knew enough of the world to know that a regular tv gig is supposed to come with monetary compensation. He was neither naive nor enough of a believer to fall in with the ministry tale like Derick did.

Yup I believe that too. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

The compulsion to use laptops for all video appears to be genetically determined.

You don't get to say Joy is the smart one much...but she is with TV ownership!

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

It looks like Izzy has inherited Jill's gummy smile. I guess that's better than inheriting Derick's wonky teeth.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Bayarea4 said:

It looks like Izzy has inherited Jill's gummy smile. I guess that's better than inheriting Derick's wonky teeth.

It rather looks as though he managed to inherit both...

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, I'm impressed. Jill who didn't even wake up to feed her kids breakfast, has time this morning to bike ride to Izzy's school.

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Okay, I'm impressed. Jill who didn't even wake up to feed her kids breakfast, has time this morning to bike ride to Izzy's school.

Me too! I truly believe that the therapy is doing her worlds of good. I'm sure before this change, she had no energy to get out of bed. I keep flashing back to an insta-story she did(a year or so ago)after she put the boys down for nap and she was absolutely drained and I felt she could cry at any second. She talked about how exhausted she was and it was only early afternoon. She mentioned how she couldn't wait for Derick to get home and take over for a bit. She really has come a long way, maybe not on their religious beliefs, but I don't expect that to ever change much.

 

41 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Wow!

 Everyone is wearing a helmet. And those are clearly real smiles, not poses for the camera.

Not to mention Jill got everyone out of the house in time to bike to school rather than driving. And I love that they're biking! Good exercise!

I believe it was on Friday, she had an insta-story and she and Sam were walking to pick up Izzy from school. They must live close enough to walk or ride their bikes. I think it's great that she and the boys are getting out and getting exercise. It's nice to see Jill with some energy.

Edited by Madtown
  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

Based on Google maps, they live about a mile from the school. I hadn't realized it was that close, but yeah they can easily walk or bike to and from the school. 

  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Zella said:

Based on Google maps, they live about a mile from the school. I hadn't realized it was that close, but yeah they can easily walk or bike to and from the school. 

I figured they must be somewhat close or else Iz would have been taking the bus. Two miles is the cut off around here.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Based on Google maps, they live about a mile from the school. I hadn't realized it was that close, but yeah they can easily walk or bike to and from the school. 

That's about as far as we live from the kid's school and it's a very nice walk or bike ride for us back when she was still in actual school. I'm glad to see that Jill is taking advantage of their closeness to get fresh air and some exercise in.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Jill who didn't even wake up to feed her kids breakfast, has time this morning to bike ride to Izzy's school.

I'm glad the idea of following a schedule finally got into her brain.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Wow!

 Everyone is wearing a helmet. And those are clearly real smiles, not poses for the camera.

Not to mention Jill got everyone out of the house in time to bike to school rather than driving. And I love that they're biking! Good exercise!

And it appears that Israel is wearing a mask (pulled down for photo purposes), even while riding his bike outdoors! He's modeling good pandemic behavior for his family. I've been worried about all the kids in in-person school right now, but this looks good!

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Sam's birth may have been in a window when they were not filming, between seasons as it were.  Obviously TLC would want to air the birth, make a special episode out of it because it would draw viewers.  Derrick may have assumed that an episode spotlighting his family may have resulted in a larger slice of the pie for his household, possibly a way to pay off medical bills.  Not even a question that JB would have had other thoughts.   Jill would have been pregnant and no doubt wondering if her thoughts should be Derrick's or JB's, honestly still easily swayed to listen to JB. 

Just speculation, but it certainly would explain a lot of what has taken place since then and been grumbled about -- down to the obvious tension between Jill and Derrick that was going on and makes today's relationship seem night and day.  

Another aspect of stress and tension between Jill and Derrick may also have boiled down to the very basic exhaustion and draining demands of caring for infants and very young toddlers.   It seems Derrick really struggles with very young children until they have reached an age where he can share touchstones from his childhood that he enjoyed and finds meaningful -- heading off to kindergarten, sharing a book he enjoyed, etc.   If Derrick was floundering with the boys early on it left a lot on Jill, which may have triggered something like PTSD for her, thinking back to growing up with an endless stream of babies and young children to care for constantly.  Parenting young children puts a strain on a lot of marriages.  Doing so within the backdrop of other turbulence such as they had happening around them at that time wouldn't have been easy.  

This is very true. Also Jill may have not had a lot of patience for Derrick not having patience with babies and toddlers- she grew up being a caregiver and adjusting her life to tiny dependent beings, she just isnt going to understand someone not understanding that. Adding in that they had been married two seconds before they were parents, they didnt know each other all that well, how to communicate etc.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

for me the difference with Jill how she posted crazy weird stuff. filming derick off to grubhub and she would have a long day and such. Her boys are a similar age of my grandsons, what she shows them doing now are similar things they are doing. normal, healthy usual kid things, she seems comfortable with both them and herself. whether her political or religious views change or not, those boys are in a better place than we saw before.

 

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, isn't that just adorable...

And they havent drawn a human riding the dinosaur - progress!

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post

great for Izzy - our 5 yr old grand wants to be a paleontologist, stunt cyclist or study insects. every day we get a "true fact" stat from the boy.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, GeeGolly said:

But Creationists believe there were dinosaurs though, right?

That roamed the earth with humans. 🙄

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Love Izzy's hat. It makes me think of Indiana Jones, who I know was an archeologist, not a paleontologist.  But still the same vibe. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Izzy and Sam's bookshelf thing has the Ken Hamm ark museum book - it has been shown  in many pics

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 10/12/2020 at 1:35 AM, Bayarea4 said:

It looks like Izzy has inherited Jill's gummy smile. I guess that's better than inheriting Derick's wonky teeth.

He did inherit Derick’s wonky teeth/mouth.  I really hope the Dillards are saving money for Israel’s dentist/orthodontist bills.  Bless his heart. 😢

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

BE51F912-F720-4654-A570-14080511E813.jpeg

5D077150-12EE-4D2E-8F5B-3A5A02467081.jpeg

That is precious.  I’m so happy for Israel!  He must be having a ball at school!

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

My assumption is they are approaching dinosaurs from the Ken Ham creationist school of thought. 

That being said, I do agree the boys seem happier than they were, and I'm glad about that. Izzy used to break my heart on the regular. 

  • Like 13
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Zella said:

My assumption is they are approaching dinosaurs from the Ken Ham creationist school of thought. 

That being said, I do agree the boys seem happier than they were, and I'm glad about that. Izzy used to break my heart on the regular. 

in arkansas public schools  they would have the Ken Ham approach? this  seemed like an every kindergarten dino thing to me

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

in arkansas public schools  they would have the Ken Ham approach? this  seemed like an every kindergarten dino thing to me

No, they would not. Sorry for my unclear "they." I meant Jill and Derick, regardless of what Izzy learned in school. 

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

No, they would not. Sorry for my unclear "they." I meant Jill and Derick, regardless of what Izzy learned in school. 

no worries-just trying to clarify the dillards certainly have the Ark Encounter book on the boy's bookshelf, but i thought the pic of Izzy was just a fun school thong

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Do they have a book from Ham's Creation Museum?  That's the one I would really be concerned about. Ham is a Young Earth Creationist who has exhibits in his "museum" of humans riding dinosaurs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

no worries-just trying to clarify the dillards certainly have the Ark Encounter book on the boy's bookshelf, but i thought the pic of Izzy was just a fun school thong

Yeah it actually didn't even occur to me that Izzy might have done that for school. I'm so used to Duggars not doing school it didn't even cross my mind. I think the Ark Encounter book suggests what the Dillards actually think about the topic. I doubt in kindergarten they're delving into dinosaurs more than "isn't this cool?!" but as he gets older and approaches more evolution-based material, I could see his parents having objections or giving their own alternative Ken Ham-influenced counter lesson. 

That being said, I am glad she seems to be encouraging his interest. My brother also loved dinosaurs. He wasn't an avid reader because he had dyslexia but dinosaurs was one of the things he did like having books on. If it's Izzy's thing, I could totally see him absorbing all dinosaur stuff he can get his hands on. His mask was cute and made me laugh! His mask game is more on point than mine. (I just wear the boring medical ones.)

1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Do they have a book from Ham's Creation Museum?  That's the one I would really be concerned about. Ham is a Young Earth Creationist who has exhibits in his "museum" of humans riding dinosaurs. 

I don't know, but people are talking about them having an Ark Encounter book, and that is Ken Ham too. Ken Ham is an idiot, and I might add from my own limited experience with his company, an asshole. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size