Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

People in the horse world who had live streaming barn cameras used to- probably still do- use tactics like giving the mare a due date that was actually 2 weeks early so lots of people would be watching, and the drama would ratchet up the longer the mare went over her supposedly correct due date. Sometimes a mare would go over by a month- making it impossible and obvious the date was incorrect.  

I think Derrick and Jill are using the same type of game, to keep them in the headlines and have lots of people worried over her so called over-due date. Seems to be working too.

• Love 5

They might be out to lunch and still in early labor.

If so then its a good thing she's eating, my mother still complains decades later she wanted food when she was in labor with me and no one would give her any. Anyone who came into her hospital room and asked how was she doing 'I'm hungry I want some food'. She tried to convince my dad to sneak out and get her a burger but her mommy and the doctor wouldn't let him. To be fair her previously labor with my brother had gone so horribly wrong everyone was watching her the slightest sign it was going to happen again. She only let it go when her mommy promised to bring her a burger after the baby was born. Which she did and insists it was the best burger she ever ate. And yes the doctors were right too, while not has horrible as my brother's mine birth didn't go to well either. 

• Love 2

Hospitals don't allow laboring mothers to eat. Totally stupid. It's one of the most strenuous things your body can do and yet they refuse to provide fuel. I know the reasons - you might have surgery - but they don't turn away accident victims etc who have eaten recently and need surgery. Maybe if they didn't exhaust and starve laboring moms they wouldn't need surgery as often. 

At home you eat during labor if you want. In fact you are encouraged to eat during early labor. I'm not sure I'd choose Mexican food if I knew I was in labor but oh well. Then again - maybe I would. I love Mexican food :-)

• Love 11

I was saying the ultrasound would be definitive since it would give Jill the longest possible date. (I doubt the know the actual conception date!)

My water broke with my second, and I knew I was in for the induction, so I showered, ate, and put everything at home in order before I called my doctor. He about killed me (he was a very patient man) but he knew as well as I did that the rules were there to provide cover for the hospital - not that the baby or I were in any danger for waiting an extra two hours and admitted as much.

Hospitals don't allow laboring mothers to eat. Totally stupid. It's one of the most strenuous things your body can do and yet they refuse to provide fuel. I know the reasons - you might have surgery - but they don't turn away accident victims etc who have eaten recently and need surgery. Maybe if they didn't exhaust and starve laboring moms they wouldn't need surgery as often.

It's really two different things. Accidents requiring surgery are emergent situations, so of course they will do surgery even if the patient hasn't fasted. But whenever you can help it, you'd want to avoid having anything in your stomach that could be aspirated during induction of anesthesia, because that, you know, could lead to death.

• Love 2

Sure, but an exhausted mother makes it more likely you'll need the anesthesia. So the hospital makes the call to the benefit of the hospital. Not saying I don't understand it, but I ate something before I went in, all the same, knowing what the risks were.

• Love 4

Oh for the love of God.  Here is a young woman whose only claim to fame is that her mother had a freakishly large number of children.  She gets married, promptly gets knocked up, and her impending labour and delivery is "breaking news"?? 

The Duggars have a well-oiled publicity machine, no question.

And while I freely admit I have been checking for updates, I think I am done.  I am going to look at  wedding dresses with my daughter.  

I wish Jill a safe delivery, but geez, it isn't the second freaking coming. There are over 4 million births every year in the US. That's close to 11,000 each day.  Hardly a unique event.

Whether it is born today- Good Friday or  Easter Sunday- or even the day in between-it will most likely be hailed as the second coming.  

I told my husband to check me into a 12 step and I mean it!  I just cut the cord with DirectTV on Wednesday- notice I waited until Wednesday to do it.  lol I'm sure I'll be searching for the new ones when they come out.  It is definitely the train wreck that you just can't turn away from.  

My question is, among their viewers, how many watch it and snark about it and how many think they are wonderful?  Percentage wise, it has to be close. 

(edited)

I don't think it's close at all. I think most viewers are very positive towards them.

I agree. Most people I know who love this show and this family don't follow news about the family outside of watching the show and maybe following social media websites.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 2
(edited)

I agree. Most people I know who love this show and this family don't follow news about the family outside of watching the show and maybe following social media websites.

I've known of their existence for a long while but only recently started watching/following when most of the regular shows I watch finished their seasons.. I would not call it hate watching but I am pretty strongly opposed to most of what they advocate. Some things even make me angry but still and all I wish the Dillards a healthy baby. I guess it would make me a bad person if I wished that Jill has a tough enough  delivery that she thinks twice about getting pregnant again too soon.

I really respect the concept of zero population growth, that is a couple having two kids just to replace themselves.   

Edited by SoSueMe
  • Love 4
(edited)

Hope it's not been discussed yet but, I just read this at FJ.  From J&D's Family Blog.  Good to know that they do have a backup hospital plan.

http://www.dillardfamily.com/blog?ID=e993b7f0-1647-4f19-9d9e-36999922343f

As I mentioned, we are planning to have the baby here at home. We have both our homebirth and backup hospital plan hospital plans ready to go! Although I’m not sure where in our house I’ll end up delivering (not set on one way), I am grateful to have all my options available for labor; birth stool, bed, tub, pool, shower, etc. We were so blessed at our recent baby shower to have been gifted with the rest of our birth supplies and the birth pool rental! Our midwives and a few family members are now on call to help in whatever ways we will need them, from labor support to errand runners. As for now, it’s the waiting game! We look forward to meeting our little man soon, seeing his features, cuddling with and kissing him, and we are as ready as we can be for now until God decides to bring him out!

Edited by abseedee
  • Love 3

I have to say the more I hear about Jill birth plan the more I feel like her midwife studies were not only real (I really doubt their claims that Jana is actively studying midwifery) but something she really wanted and enjoyed. She is definitely preparing as someone with education in birth rather than someone who believes only in home birth for outside reasons. It makes me sad that her race to have babies will prevent her from being what I think would have been a good midwife. 

• Love 9

Josh is messing with his followers on Twitter. His latest is about today being a great day to be born and tagging Jill and Derek.

You're right, ChicksDigScars.  They're all playing games now.  The media has gone crazy over this pregnancy, but the Dillards have been feeding the frenzy.  They ALL know where their bread is buttered, and I'll bet JimBob is creaming in his jeans thinking about ALL of the $$ this birth will bring.

• Love 4

I have a question, if you have a home birth how do you get a birth certificate? 

I was a home birth and my father went to the Village hall and had my birth recorded. Which was fine and dandy but he posted the wrong birthdate and that has been my "birthday" ever since.

Just tell people his error entitles you to TWO birthday parties - a legal one and a real one - each year!  :>)

• Love 2

Sure, but an exhausted mother makes it more likely you'll need the anesthesia. So the hospital makes the call to the benefit of the hospital. Not saying I don't understand it, but I ate something before I went in, all the same, knowing what the risks were.

It does sure seem like a catch-22!  My ex-sister-in-law held out for 24 hours of labor before she finally decided to get an epidural and induced. I know they were worried about surgery but I'm not too sure exhausted, starving, and borderline dehydrated helped anything.

I hope Jill's having an easier time of it. I was wondering if that Mexican food might be spicy stuff to help get things going, if they aren't already.

Oh for the love of God.  Here is a young woman whose only claim to fame is that her mother had a freakishly large number of children.  She gets married, promptly gets knocked up, and her impending labour and delivery is "breaking news"?? 

The Duggars have a well-oiled publicity machine, no question.

And while I freely admit I have been checking for updates, I think I am done.  I am going to look at  wedding dresses with my daughter.  

I wish Jill a safe delivery, but geez, it isn't the second freaking coming. There are over 4 million births every year in the US. That's close to 11,000 each day.  Hardly a unique event.

Agree. To me, the Duggars blew it when they did the "gender reveal" - they should have kept it a secret. I'm always more interested when I don't know whether Pink or Blue is on the way. I hope everyone's happy and very healthy but I personally don't care if Jill has this baby in August. In fact, the longer Duggar pregnancies go on, the better because that means the fewer of them there will be. I'm not too interested in the names either. As a teacher I would just tell parents - give your child a break. Life is tough enough without being saddled with some goofy name the moment you arrive on the planet.

• Love 5

Jill is in labor.  If she can hold out until Sunday, Jesus is a J name.  

Someone in an earlier post listed "Jesus-Bob" which has been the best name I've seen since we learned this baby was on his way!

• Love 10
(edited)

You're right, ChicksDigScars. They're all playing games now. The media has gone crazy over this pregnancy, but the Dillards have been feeding the frenzy. They ALL know where their bread is buttered, and I'll bet JimBob is creaming in his jeans thinking about ALL of the $$ this birth will bring.

I'm sure he's already waiting in the driver's seat of the stinkbus ready to take the gang to visit, hand in place over the horn.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 1

A part of me is disappointed that the baby will probably be born this weekend.  I was hoping that her due date was off by a week and she wouldn't give birth until mid-April. I would have loved for her to give birth within a day or two of the royal baby just to see them bumped down a bit in favor of the new prince or princess.

As for the 2-hour special, I can see them having fun with her being overdue.  I'm sure they will document every day of her being overdue for the first half hour or so of the special.  

• Love 5

I hope baby Dilly arrives after midnight (born on Saturday) so he is not born on Good Friday or Easter. I could see the Duggars playing that up.

I like the name Isaiah, if that's what he was hinting. But PLEASE for the love of God, I beg them to not name the next one with the same first initial!

I'm sure he's already waiting in the driver's seat of the stinkbus ready to take the gang to visit, hand in place over the horn.

It should only be 19 more hours and counting to finish packing, right? Hopefully they'll arrive in time. Happy for her if it's true. She's gotta be so uncomfortably pregnant at this point - or uncomfortably in labor, but I hope she's in labor.

I don't want to speak for anyone else, but here's the latest thing I ran across about her being in labor: http://www.dillardfamily.com/blog?ID=9eb81ff6-e957-4a7d-af44-3bcb143a514f. I couldn't even read the thing because it made my brain hurt, but for those who don't want to click through there was this:

From what I’ve learned in birth class (as well as from Jill, who is a student midwife) and from what I am witnessing right now with Jill, labor pains start sporadically and then become more consistent, longer lasting, and stronger the closer we get to the birth of our son.

(bolding by me) I'm thinking this might partially explain their trip out for Mexican food. Get the party started, so to speak. And I have officially concluded I know way too much about what's going on in their lives.

I hope baby Dilly arrives after midnight (born on Saturday) so he is not born on Good Friday or Easter. I could see the Duggars playing that up.

I like the name Isaiah, if that's what he was hinting. But PLEASE for the love of God, I beg them to not name the next one with the same first initial!

Like Ikabob?

I don't want to speak for anyone else, but here's the latest thing I ran across about her being in labor: http://www.dillardfamily.com/blog?ID=9eb81ff6-e957-4a7d-af44-3bcb143a514f. I couldn't even read the thing because it made my brain hurt, but for those who don't want to click through there was this:

(bolding by me) I'm thinking this might partially explain their trip out for Mexican food. Get the party started, so to speak. And I have officially concluded I know way too much about what's going on in their lives.

Geez, I hope they supply masks that are extra thick.  Thar she blows...............

(edited)

So it appears Jill is finally in labor.

According to whom?

ETA: That blog post was likely written last week sometime. She's had BH contractions for a while now. Secondly, the post went up BEFORE they went to lunch today. It was up fairly early (my time, west coast) this morning. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

I've never been so concerned with a baby that wasn't coming from my family since the actual Jesus Christ. I need to get a life.

I know, same here. It's kind of embarrassing. I didn't really care that much til I got concerned from her looking SO pregnant and missing her due date (well one of 'em anyway). I seriously hope it's not all manipulation from the producers because if it is I've totally fallen for it and feel ridiculous. I'm not even a big Duggar fan but I hope they're all okay, whatever's going on. I also hope they're not totally messing with us lol. 

I bet that we'll find out afterward that somewhere along the way, Jill's due date was indeed changed from March 24 to April 5 but they "forgot" to tell the public . Maybe due to an ultrasound or other test, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if that were the case. Out of curiousity, does anyone remember if Michelle or Anna had any of their babies late?

My apologizes it appears to be a false alarm. Sorry to get everyone excited I found the information off two different Yahoo articles stating that Derick posted on his website that she was in labor as of this evening. The both appear to be false, my apologizes.

• Love 2

My apologizes it appears to be a false alarm. Sorry to get everyone excited I found the information off two different Yahoo articles stating that Derick posted on his website that she was in labor as of this evening. The both appear to be false, my apologizes.

Eh I don't think you were terribly off base. Many seemed to think she was in labor. Heck maybe she even though so.

OK, I checked as soon as I got up, too.  I really don't want her to have this baby on Easter, even though the day is different every year.  I can just hear Mechelle squeaking about how the latest precious miracle was born on Eaaaaaster!!!  People magazine says there is supposed to be a VSE on May 5th, before Mother's Day.  Remember Priscilla and TFDW doing their Mother's Day video?  LOL, I still can see Priscilla talking about how MD is a "season for Mothers."

Good Lord, why do I care? 

I sure hope there is no spin-off with the Dullards.  Watching him paint her toenails one time was enough for me.

• Love 9

I've never been so concerned with a baby that wasn't coming from my family since the actual Jesus Christ. I need to get a life.

You and me both. The first thing I did this morning was check this forum to see if Jill had delivered, and I don't even watch the damn show any longer. But I'm a sucker for babies, and I sure want this one to be born safely.

• Love 5

I would think the baby is probably closer to being on time then we think.

Either Jill assumed she knew her conception date down to the day they had sex and calculated from that date instead of LMP. Or she purposefully gave the wrong date to the media to purpuate the myth of a honeymoon conception and she thought he'd be here earlier.

• Love 1

I would think the baby is probably closer to being on time then we think.

Either Jill assumed she knew her conception date down to the day they had sex and calculated from that date instead of LMP. Or she purposefully gave the wrong date to the media to purpuate the myth of a honeymoon conception and she thought he'd be here earlier.

You have a point about her miscalculating. With her training, you would think she knows you go by LMP. But as we figure, the Duggar ladies probably take a pregnancy test right after doing the deed instead of waiting to see if they miss a period. I can also see them wanting to brag that I-Dilly was a honeymoon baby as in telling the world, "We figured out how to do things quickly." *giggle* *giggle*

• Love 4

But as we figure, the Duggar ladies probably take a pregnancy test right after doing the deed instead of waiting to see if they miss a period. I can also see them wanting to brag that I-Dilly was a honeymoon baby as in telling the world, "We figured out how to do things quickly." *giggle* *giggle*

Oh, gross! I can totally see them awkwardly bragging about how successful their first time was, wink wink. Not very modest, but since when do these people actually follow their own rules?

• Love 8

Considering Jill was so incredibly obsessed with taking pg tests IMMEDIATELY after the honeymoon, I'm not surprised that the due date is later than they originally thought.

She was pretty tied to the idea of conceiving on the Honeymoon as a testament to their lovestory.

Who the hell wants to get pregnant the first time you have sex?!!!

• Love 9

If Jill if still pregnant, I'm guessing she's starting to panic a little. If she did have an early 1st trimester ultrasound and the due date was 3/24, she's getting really close to an induction. I hope for the baby's sake that the birth goes well but Jill may be starting to realize that even though she got pregnant quickly, she may not have easy births.

• Love 1

She's probably right in her dates.  Quite a number of babies are born this much past the EDD.  Remember that old Bell curve from school?  Jill is just on the right hand side.  I think this is why we'll probably never know Duchess Kate's exact "due date."  She seems to have gone over last time with George.  

• Love 2

You have a point about her miscalculating. With her training, you would think she knows you go by LMP. But as we figure, the Duggar ladies probably take a pregnancy test right after doing the deed instead of waiting to see if they miss a period. I can also see them wanting to brag that I-Dilly was a honeymoon baby as in telling the world, "We figured out how to do things quickly." *giggle* *giggle*

LMP is actually the least accurate way of predicting due date. It's used first when someone gets pregnant because it's the easiest way to get a general idea. I saw an ad for Tuesday's show and that's when they have their u/s. I have suspected since she said she has two due dates that it was the u/s that told her she was closer to April 5. They aren't 100% either, nothing is, but they are more accurate than LMP. I also suspect she conceived later than LMP would suggest because in the show where she announces she's pregnant she said they took several tests before she finally got a positive. With as accurate as tests are, she should have gotten positive after 1 or 2 since they are accurate even before you miss your period. And she might be really obsessed but she didn't test right after they has sex. 

I suspect she's much closer to 40 weeks than almost 2 weeks over. 

In agreement with those who say March 24 was only her LMP date. My guess is she'd be a little more concerned if she were truly 11 days over.

Who else thinks they'll be boning like rabbits today to try to get the party started and have him on Easter Sunday?

• Love 3
(edited)

I hope to God that Jessa hasn't been like Jill, Anna and MEE-chelle, pissing on sticks obsessively. I also hope that her family hasn't been giving her pressure to be pregnant, because I think at this point it's for the show more than anything. I actually hope that she's NOT and that she told them all that she wants to enjoy life with her husband, as a couple, before being tied down with a baby....you know, just like MEE-chelle and JB got to do before Smuggar came along. But it seems that procreation is just like dating as far as JB and Mullett are concerned: "Do as I say, not as I did." 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 2