Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, sATL said:

Speaking of which there is some app that younger women sing praises about that does an "better" job in being aware of cycle and ovulation. The last time I was in the OBs office 2 of them were looking at their phone. I looked it up at the time but I forgot the name, of it but it had high reviews.

Again - I am out of the running of to event think of having my phone track my cycle, setting of some kind of ringtone, send an email, etc. 

Period Tracker seems to be the one most popular with my patients.  I would say at least half my patients under 40 use an app to track at least sometimes.  There are multiple apps available.

https://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/fertility-apps#bellabeat

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Well, they know now!!

True... though I would find a little hard to imagine some of them (including the SILs) telling their husbands "no glove, no love..."

• LOL 10
1 minute ago, sATL said:

True... though I would find a little hard to imagine some of them (including the SILs) telling their husbands "no glove, no love..."

Yes.  But they know and maybe wish a little for some relief for themselves while scorning her publicly.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Just a point of information: IUD's do NOT seem to prevent implantation of fertilized eggs.  Instead, the presence of the IUD in the uterus sets up an immune response which decapacitates sperm, so they cannot fertilize an egg.  So, women using IUD's are not conceiving and there is no 'abortion' happening.

Oh I know that! I don’t think Jill believes that. I will amend to make it more clear. 

• Love 5

Good for Jill. I haven't followed at all in recent years but it seems like Jill and Derick are going fundie lite, no? Pants, he's going to law school, an alcoholic drink once in a while, and birth control so they'll likely end up with 3-4 kids not 15 kids. It had to happen -- she married a guy who was conservative but not fundie like her family. She wasn't going to change him and make him a Duggar man living on a tow truck driver's income with 15 kids. I predict Jinger and Jeremy are on the same road as they are doing their own thing in California, Jeremy spent time in the secular world, went to college etc. and likely doesn't see it as normal to breed like rabbits. I imagine they are already drinking and using condoms but just aren't being open about it because they are still on the show, need the show's income and while I don't think TLC would mind showcasing some honesty and having storylines about how the siblings went their separate ways post-marriage, you know JB would kick them off the show.

On the Bates side, I totally see Kelton and Josie being this way and possibly Bobby and Tori simply bc Bobby wants to live exactly how bff Kelton lives. And Zach and Whit while maybe not as "progressive" are def going fundie lite as well with 3 kids in 5 years and I wouldn't be surprised if they're done now or after blessing number 4.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, coconspirator said:

The most interesting part for me was hearing they hired a lawyer to claw back money Jill was owed from Jim Bob/TLC for Counting On. Was this new info for everyone else?

This was most interesting to me, also. 

• Love 16

I liked the LGBTQ+ answer because, yes, technically homosexual behavior (the actual two men having sex part to be technical) is it's own sin, but it's no different than any other sin that millions of Christians commit every day like lying and taking the lord's name in vain etc.  We don't have rallies about the destructive influence that people exclaiming "Jesus fucking Christ" when they hit their thumb with a hammer have on our poor innocent children.  Some psychos need to calm the hell down.  

And I thought that the most actual news worthy (a stretch anyway) part of the video was that they got a lawyer and forced TLC/Jim Bob to pay them at least part of what they thought was owed.  But, People thought the Birth Control part was way more important.  Lord.

Also, Derick was very careful to distinctly say that they went after what "Jill" was owed for being on the show.

So, they aren't in debt but hiding it, Cathy isn't paying their bills, they just got some money from TLC and are both working to get themselves through this period.  Good for them.

Edited by ouinason
Fucking Grammar
  • Love 16

I may be dense, but I wonder if the portion of the money owed was just for Counting On. Jill was one of the most featured kids in 19K. It’s truly shameful they had to get a lawyer involved. Jill deserves every penny owed to her, the kids were the show, not Ma and Pa Kettle. How nice of JB to be a thief while claiming constantly moral superiority and being a judgmental asshole. 

Wish I was a fly on the wall when JB and Michelle found out about birth control. That had to be funny AF, since their philosophy is not BC at all. I hope Jill comes to understand that the less children they have the more they can afford a higher standard of living. That and more money to travel.  

My BEC moment, why wear an undershirt with that dress? I wonder if her married siblings have or will watch the video. Good for Jill for exposing her abusive parents. 

• Love 18
21 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I don't see homosexuality as sin. I think love is love and if two people love each other, and want to spend their lives together that's their business.  Jesus never said anything about homosexuality despite the fact it happened during his lifetime. 

I actually agree with you about homosexuality not really being sinful.  Love is not a sin.  I do think that sex before marriage is a sin (one I totally committed) and that gay people didn't really have a choice about that one until quite recently.

My point stands though.  Sin is sin and we are all sinners so we shouldn't be judgmental assholes to other people, period.

• Love 12

I guess I'll have to watch it. I'm very curious about the court case, LGBTQ and Jazz. From what is posted doesn't sound very good. Being gay is a sin? That's like saying blue eyes are a sin. Calling someone the wrong pronoun on SM and tagging them was a mistake, but its okay because if Derick is not hiding behind a keyboard, he'd use the correct ones?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I guess I'll have to watch it. I'm very curious about the court case, LGBTQ and Jazz. From what is posted doesn't sound very good. Being gay is a sin? That's like saying blue eyes are a sin. Calling someone the wrong pronoun on SM and tagging them was a mistake, but its okay because if Derick is not hiding behind a keyboard, he'd use the correct ones?

I am hoping that, since he said he wouldn't use incorrect pronouns face to face that he also wouldn't use them when discussing a transgender person online, either.  It has been a couple of years since the Jazz fiasco; perhaps Derick could have experienced some personal growth.  What he did was not OK, but, at that time, I have the feeling he would've done the same even if face to face with her.  Now, he seemingly wouldn't.  A smidge of growth, as I said.

I don't think there was an actual court case.  I think Derick hired an attorney who threatened to sue TLC and JB and Michelle over Jill's lack of compensation for the show.  I can see the legal eagles at TLC having a conniption upon receiving a strongly worded letter from their lawyer, threatening legal action and JB and his attorney then being informed by TLC that they needed to solve the problem or the show would go bye-bye forever.   That would spur JB and his attorney to negotiate with the Dillard's attorney and achieve a settlement without filing suit.  Once a suit is filed in a civil case like this, it would take years and years to get to court and, along the way, all sorts of private information would be made public including details of TLC's contract with the Duggars via the production company that does the show. Also, we'd find out that all payments were made to JimBob, Inc. and none of the kids, even the adults, receives anything except through him. That sort of stuff is not something they'd want the general public to know.  At all.  The only way to prevent it was to pay Derick and Jill off and have them agree to keep the terms quiet.  'Settled out of court' as they say.  Even threatening this sort of suit is going to make Derick and probably Jill become radioactive to TLC though and it may have been part of the reason they didn't continue filming.  TLC would have to assume that they were going to want payment going forward, that JB had little control over them and that there was ongoing potential for legal action if Derick and Jill remained major players in filming.  So, TLC dropped Derick and Jill (at least as a lead character) from the show entirely rather than risk ongoing legal issues.

I think the information that they had to threaten legal action for Jill to be compensated for many years of appearances on the show is the reason JB wanted them to sign an NDA.  And also the reason they refused.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 3
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, ouinason said:

I liked the LGBTQ+ answer because, yes, technically homosexual behavior (the actual two men having sex part to be technical) is it's own sin, but it's no different than any other sin that millions of Christians commit every day like lying and taking the lord's name in vain etc.  We don't have rallies about the destructive influence that people exclaiming "Jesus fucking Christ" when they hit their thumb with a hammer have on our poor innocent children.  Some psychos need to calm the hell down.  

And I thought that the most actual news worthy (a stretch anyway) part of the video was that they got a lawyer and forced TLC/Jim Bob to pay them at least part of what they thought was owed.  But, People thought the Birth Control part was way more important.  Lord.

Also, Derick was very careful to distinctly say that they went after what "Jill" was owed for being on the show.

So, they aren't in debt but hiding it, Cathy isn't paying their bills, they just got some money from TLC and are both working to get themselves through this period.  Good for them.

I don’t recall Jesus ever mentioning homosexuality (or even abortion for that matter).

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I don’t even believe in the concept of “sin” so I am not a “sinner.” I find it offensive to be deemed such. I live my my own rules and moral compass.

I agree. There's right and wrong, like stealing and murder, but having sex before marriage and/or with same sex partners is not wrong in my book. 

One thing I've never understood about "sinning" is how feeling jealous (which is a human feeling) over another's possession, is the same as murder. 

• Love 12

I’m more of a “red letter” Christian focusing on Christ’s teachings (or the parts in red that indicate Jesus’ words) so homosexuality is not a sin to me. I was brought up to believe it was though as many mainline Christians are, but once I got to be 17-18 I started to learn to think for myself and had a lot of “wait, wut?” moments that made me question the validity of a lot of things I accepted as truth. Jill is quite a bit younger than I am and got a later start so I’m pretty pleased to see her personal growth. 

• Love 14
59 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree. There's right and wrong, like stealing and murder, but having sex before marriage and/or with same sex partners is not wrong in my book. 

One thing I've never understood about "sinning" is how feeling jealous (which is a human feeling) over another's possession, is the same as murder. 

It's not equivalent in the Catholic faith.  It seems like its mainly fundies who think everything is equal and, as long as you ask Jesus to forgive you, you can do anything at all.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

It's not equivalent in the Catholic faith.  It seems like its mainly fundies who think everything is equal and, as long as you ask Jesus to forgive you, you can do anything at all.

That is why so many of are so smug--- they have the get out of jail free card. With Catholicism, you have to do penance for everything sin! 

• Love 1

Looks like we have an answer as to why JB wanted a NDA so late in the game. What a reprehensible creature. The remaining faithful better pay attention. Their so called Godly father has fleeced them and will continue to do so. Lawyer up kidults!

Edited by SMama
  • Love 16
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The latest Q&A:

Video:

Ok, that really long explanation of how they didn’t have debt going into the marriage (Good job, Jill. It must have been so hard for you to stay out of debt.🙄and he didn’t have undergrad debt (so much unnecessary detail), and how they do have earnings now—to me that sounded a lot like one of Derrick’s, ‘TECHNICALLY I AM NOT LYING,’ lies. He did not say he doesn’t have law school loans, so I can only assume he does have law school loans. When the existence of his loan debt inevitably becomes known, he’ll be able to say that he never said he didn’t have law school loans! And also, probably, something like this: ‘It’s Not Wrong If I Do It, Because I Have Important, God-And-Family-Related Reasons That No One Else Has And I Am Not Just Buying A Bunch Of Brand New IPhones Like The Heathen Sinners Do And Anyway I Am Inherently Superior To All Of You, You Don’t Get To Tell Me What’s Right Or Wrong.’ (Then he’ll delete that part and refuse to reply to any questions about it.)

I’m delighted that Jill and Derrick forced some money out of Jim Bob’s icy, slimy fist. They are showing no fear of him. I hope it gets them a lot of views. They seem happy together and it looks like they’ve figured out how to make their marriage work for both of them. That’s more than a lot of couples manage.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree. There's right and wrong, like stealing and murder, but having sex before marriage and/or with same sex partners is not wrong in my book

The Bible is a very old book and has to be looked at in conjunction with the mores and norms of the day. Many of the items in it were to keep people healthy, as opposed to being actual sins.   Women were property back  then.  They weren’t allowed to make a living and virgins carried a higher dowry price than non virgins.  Now women can support themselves.  

I’m glad Jill got paid for her tv work.  I’m glad she is developing her own opinions. I believe that Dericks law school is opening his mind.  Good for them, and you never know in a few years, some siblings may  follow their lead.   Anyone want to bet Jinger got some back pay too? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

They’ve been revealing quite a lot in these Q&A videos. I’m sure Jim Bob isn’t happy with the birth control answer, or the reveal that they got a lawyer so that Jill could receive some compensation for her time on the show. I did notice that Derrick said that compensation amounted to a minimum wage job though. 

Her and a Derrick seem happy together, and even though I’d happily debate them over their beliefs about homosexuality, I don’t really care what they believe as long as they aren’t using those religious beliefs to take away other people’s rights. 

It’s also really none of my business whether or not they use birth control, but I get why people want to know, and why people applaud Jill for using it. 

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

How much is law school at U of A? Derick mentioned it being cheaper than his undergrad at OSU.

He was out of state at OSU, and UofA Law is relatively cheap as far as law schools go, so I can see it being cheaper. I think @Zella said she looked into law school there. She might have actual numbers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

The Bible is a very old book and has to be looked at in conjunction with the mores and norms of the day. Many of the items in it were to keep people healthy, as opposed to being actual sins.   Women were property back  then.  They weren’t allowed to make a living and virgins carried a higher dowry price than non virgins.  Now women can support themselves.  

Like you said, we're in modern times. But anyway, not everyone lives their lives according to the Bible.  The Duggars seem to use the Bible to condemn those who do not believe as they do, even in 2020.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder how the leghumpers will defend this? JB is a known skinflint, but now the dirt comes out about lawyers getting involved so Jill could get paid money rightfully owed to her.

And it basically amounted to a minimum wage job? Yikes. It makes me wonder about the other kids. Maybe he pays things off etc.... as long as they are under his control, but if they leave, they get minimum wage and he gets the rest. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder how far they asked for back pay. Since the first special? If so, even minimum wage pay would have paid for their house and Derelict's pet school projects.

True, but I believe they should get more. You just know JB is sitting on a lot of money. 

• Love 7

I didn't watch the video because I can't stand hearing them speak, but good for them on getting some money out of JB. And of course they got money from JB and it wasn't all just "budgeting" on their part like Derick claimed.

I had assumed they were using birth control, because the hysterectomy theory never held any water for me. And Derick would use correct pronouns if speaking to a trans person? Sure, Jan. Actually, you know what? I think he would. He's one of those cowardly types who talks big online but is super polite and nice in person. So he'd leave all the misgendering when talking about trans people rather than when talking to them.

The more they say the more I'm convinced this is all a rebranding attempt.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

True, but I believe they should get more. You just know JB is sitting on a lot of money. 

Oh, I agree. This is probably all Boob would offer without further litigation. In this case, it was on Jill to accept or reject the amount he offered. She probably only accepted the amount to keep some semblance of family peace. 

No wonder Boob tried to get them to sign an NDA. This is going to make the mainstream publications.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, coconspirator said:

The most interesting part for me was hearing they hired a lawyer to claw back money Jill was owed from Jim Bob/TLC for Counting On. Was this new info for everyone else?

I know some will dislike their LGBTQ answer because they still refer to sin when discussing it but unlike more extreme fundies they don’t elevate or demonize being gay as a “special and awful sin” and almost seem to lump it in with pre marital sex and adultery. That lack of obsession (and Derrick’s acknowledgement that if he’s in the company of a transgender person he would respect their pronouns) is different for Duggars. Baby steps. Equal rights for the gay community became more accepted over time in large part because most people knew and cared about a gay person. They aren’t raging liberals and their life will always be biblically centered (and there’s nothing wrong with that) but they have truly stepped away from fundamentalist rage and obsession over “sin.” 

my husband refers to sin as the nasty nine and dirty dozen....meaning people categorize it...I have my own belief about Gay's...my faith plays a part and also the fact that I worked with gay men most of my life in the beauty industry...I adore them..love them to bits...and have had many heart felt conversations about what "they" believe....oh and one other dirty dozen /nasty nine ..is divorce and remarriage...do NOT get me started...but ultimately... none of these are  what we would consider the "unpardonable" sin...all of what the Rods and Duggs deal with is  LEGALISM....and legalism is making a little box of rules for yourself and saying as long as I follow this box of rules I am ok and going to heaven..and because you are not following the box of rules you are lost and need help and hey...I am WAY up there above you because I follow this box of rules...one of the things a pastor friend always told me...when we get to heaven we are going to be surprised about who is there...and who is not....only God knows someones heart and what brought them to where they are in the journey of life...

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Oh, I agree. This is probably all Boob would offer without further litigation. In this case, it was on Jill to accept or reject the amount he offered. She probably only accepted the amount to keep some semblance of family peace. 

No wonder Boob tried to get them to sign an NDA. This is going to make the mainstream publications.

So far only the birth control part has been picked up. Nothing about TLC/JB monies.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

I’m glad Jill got paid for her tv work.  I’m glad she is developing her own opinions. I believe that Dericks law school is opening his mind.  Good for them, and you never know in a few years, some siblings may  follow their lead.   Anyone want to bet Jinger got some back pay too? 

If Jinger did i hope she thanked Jill.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He was out of state at OSU, and UofA Law is relatively cheap as far as law schools go, so I can see it being cheaper. I think @Zella said she looked into law school there. She might have actual numbers.

U of A law school tuition is about $8,000 a semester. The other school I personally looked at was University of Tulsa. They cost $26,000 a year. So, 3 years of law school at Arkansas is about $48,000. Same time period in school at Tulsa would be $78,000. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So far only the birth control part has been picked up. Nothing about TLC/JB monies.

That is so weird to me. I'd like to think that it's in the works and they want to ask TLC/JB for statements, since it's a much meatier story. But it's more likely that TLC's strategy of depicting the freak show elements of the family and completely ignoring everything important has spread to all other media. It sucks, because the real, juicy story is in the Duggars' finances.

• Love 7

It will start with the online rags that troll here & reddit first. If it picks up steam, then People or US may cover it. They might be worried about pissing off JB, but I can't imagine their 'exclusives' garner them that many views. It's all the same...courtship, engagement, marriage, and babies. Jill is the only one doing anything different so they might as well go with the more interesting story.

• Love 1