Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

It’s possibly a bad angle, and could’ve been picked over a bit before the picture was taken. But do a little googling for Pinterest deli/wine spreads.  They should be turning out a dozen of these a day (Once business is back to normal)  so there’s plenty of time to get it right. Half a clove of garlic for an appetizer is way too much garlic.

Half a head of garlic is what it looks like. Which may or may not be too much depending on how much one likes garlic, and whether there is extra bread or whatnot to spread it on. For four people, it's generous, but not overboard. Half a clove of garlic would barely make a vampire bat an eye.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 7/19/2020 at 9:06 PM, CalicoKitty said:

A quart per serving?

It does sound like a giant amount of liquid and relatively little of the other ingredients. Four cups / one quart sounds more like it. That's how much I use when I make soup for six people. We do like our soup to be more of a stew-like consistency, though, so I could see six cups, maybe even two quarts if you like a more brothy soup. I also like to add items like a can of tomatoes or salsa verde to my soup, so that accounts for some liquid as well.  But four quarts? Nope.

• Love 1
On 7/20/2020 at 11:58 AM, farmgal4 said:

Isn’t Sam 3-years-old?  If so, shouldn’t he be fully potty-trained by now?

My son was over 5 before he was fully trained ..closer to 6 

I did my best 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Totally said:

My son was over 5 before he was fully trained ..closer to 6 

I did my best 

I’m there with you. My son was 4.5. I hate hate hate it when people suggest it’s somehow easier on the parent for the child to train “late” or that the parent is somehow lazy, or that the child is willfully choosing not to potty train. For my son to go to preschool, I had to sit in the car the entire time to be available to change his pull-up if needed. It was awful. For an entire school year that’s what I did. Believe you me, I tried everything.

Also, changing a pull-up in a public bathroom, especially putting on a new pull-up, is really hard because they have to take off shoes and shorts/pants.

For both of my kids, once they were potty trained that was it. No pull ups at night, no accidents, no needing help wiping. Parents were very rude and judgmental to me. But what I found more often than not was that their “potty trained” child peed in toilet during the day, but that was it.

• Love 10
(edited)
14 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I checked the Wellington's menu - https://wellingtonnwa.com/menu/

And I'm assuming it's this:

Charcuterie for 2

$14.00

Prosciutto, bacon & onion jam, olives, salami, speck, cheeses

Not a bad price.

that isn't. We have paid as much or more for less food. Their menu looks good and reasonably priced. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

that isn't. We have paid as much or more for less food. Their menu looks good and reasonably priced. 

I live in Northern NJ and and work in NYC and I'm a bit shocked and envious at such cheap prices.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I live in Northern NJ and and work in NYC and I'm a bit shocked and envious at such cheap prices.

My area isn't expensive or really cheap, but we just went out to eat this weekend and out small serving of cheese curds was nearly $9! I would take that charcuterie in  a heartbeat over that. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Zella said:

There was a part of me envisioning Derick and Amy drunkenly comparing notes on NDAs while Dillon and Jill equally drunkenly tried to find another topic to discuss, and I will admit, it made me laugh my ass off.

TLC take note-I am sure there are a ton of people who would pay EXTRA to watch this dinner in real-time. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Suzn said:

Trying to fix something and created something else...wish we could delete stuff.

i learned quite by accident that if you backspace a few times from where you would start typing the unwanted quote boxes and spoiler boxes are removed.

• Useful 8
  • Love 1

It's interesting to me the geographic disparity in prices. I've always thought that Wellington's menu was overpriced for the NWA area, relative to other restaurants. But I can see how compared to NYC or other areas, it doesn't seem that expensive. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I imagine Amy and Derick going full drunken delusion and rhapsodizing about how high their ratings would be if they had their own shows.

Edited by lascuba
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, lascuba said:

I'm also in Northern NJ and wish we had prices that inexpensive.

• Love 6

Chicago suburbanite here, and I agree I'd eat the shit out of that charcuterie and it is also VERY well priced. 

I'm happy Jill and Derrick went out, hopefully had a drink or two and enjoyed themselves. 

• Love 11

Jill has a good figure, but she needs to work on her posture. She has that same hunched stance I see with Michelle. The bathing suits are cute though, and I can't get over how much better she looks with shorter hair.

• Love 17
24 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jill has a good figure, but she needs to work on her posture. She has that same hunched stance I see with Michelle. The bathing suits are cute though, and I can't get over how much better she looks with shorter hair.

I like the suits. I'm not a bikini person and always liked suits with skirts. I would wear the first with a tank. 

• Love 16

I don’t think people wear bras with swimsuits (unless it’s a built in bra and those really don’t work for anyone over a C cup unless they’re underwire).

If Jill want’s  to model while facing the sun she should model SUNGLASSES! 😎 

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
49 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Why oh why oh why does she pose squinting into the sun?  Also she is in desperate need of a supportive bra.

Probably to avoid shadows on her face, shadows of the person taking the pic and avoid shooting towards the sun. But yeah the squinting is annoying. 

Most swimsuits don't have a bra. But the girls look droopy. 

I like the first one. The last one looks like an outfit to go biking in.  But good for her for wearing something skin tight. And her hair looks so much better short. 

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Probably to avoid shadows on her face, shadows of the person taking the pic and avoid shooting towards the sun. But yeah the squinting is annoying. 

Most swimsuits don't have a bra. But the girls look droopy. 

I like the first one. The last one looks like an outfit to go biking in.  But good for her for wearing something skin tight. And her hair looks so much better short. 

I realize most swimsuits don't have built in bras, but she looks so saggy.  

Most of the photos Jill's bust line looks normal to me.  She doesn't need to hoist them up to her ears.  The couple where she's slouchy, she's of course a bit droopy looking.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Hmm I like these swimsuits. I wouldn't wear them but if you want modest swimwear it's cute and it's certainly better than what the Duggars wore.

It's also actually content that is targeted towards Jill's followers so she's being an effective "influencer". 

michelleduggar.jpg

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Hmm I like these swimsuits. I wouldn't wear them but if you want modest swimwear it's cute and it's certainly better than what the Duggars wore.

It's also actually content that is targeted towards Jill's followers so she's being an effective "influencer". 

michelleduggar.jpg

I agree, I have seen different styles of modest swimwear and I always find I like these better than some of the monstrosities we have seen on the Duggars. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Suzn said:

I realize most swimsuits don't have built in bras, but she looks so saggy.  

She does. I think if she would stand straight and pull her shoulders back, it would help. 

1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

michelleduggar.jpg

Mechelle looks ridiculous. 

• Love 22

Jill said in her stories that most of the tips had built in bras. For those that don't, she was sent a separate sports bra. She also noted that the pieces could be used for swimming as well as biking. 

I'd wear some of it.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The first bathing suit was cute. I guess my idea of modest is different than Jill's. I wouldn't consider the last few modest. 

No they aren't quite for clothing but compare them to a bikini and they are. 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

michelleduggar.jpg

What is Michelle wearing to the beach ? 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by galaxychaser
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

If you are looking for a modest swimsuit, Lands’ End has a lovely selection in lots of sizes and colors.  I bought a long sleeved spf tee and capris with a skirt a number of years ago. I just bought 2 new suits. One of them had a matching tshirt.  They are having lots of sales.

Some of them looked like the ones Jill was modeling.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, marypat57 said:

If you are looking for a modest swimsuit, Lands’ End has a lovely selection in lots of sizes and colors.  I bought a long sleeved spf tee and capris with a skirt a number of years ago. I just bought 2 new suits. One of them had a matching tshirt.  They are having lots of sales.

Some of them looked like the ones Jill was modeling.

Land's End has a huge selection of every kind of swimsuit under the sun from tiny bikinis to long sleeved rash guards and leggings.  They're pretty well made and I've got a couple that I've had at least 5 years.  They also have matching cover ups which are nice to have.  They put them on sale all the time, I don't think I've paid more than half price for them.

And, yes, they have every size, color and pattern under the sun and mixing and matching is easy.  

I think most Land's End suits are nicer than the ones Jill was wearing though I'm glad to see her stepping away from her parents' stupid rules.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Land's End has a huge selection of every kind of swimsuit under the sun from tiny bikinis to long sleeved rash guards and leggings.  They're pretty well made and I've got a couple that I've had at least 5 years.  They also have matching cover ups which are nice to have.  They put them on sale all the time, I don't think I've paid more than half price for them.

And, yes, they have every size, color and pattern under the sun and mixing and matching is easy.  

I think most Land's End suits are nicer than the ones Jill was wearing though I'm glad to see her stepping away from her parents' stupid rules.

How do the sizes run with Land's End? 

I agree, she might not be in a bikini or anything but these are pretty big steps for her. 

Last night I tuned into CO briefly. There was Abbie. Every time I see her now she is wearing a skirt, yet Jill shows up to Joy's baby shower in shorts! good for her. She might not be wearing mini skirts but she is wearing what she wants to wear and you can see the happiness in her face. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Bathing suits don't have built in bras? What have I been buying for the last 20 years? Yep (looking at my 4 bathing suits- don't judge only 3 are black) yep built in bras.

I'm watermelon size in the chest and I always have to cut out the bra pads b/c they push things up and then they escape. I have one suit with enough coverage and one I wear a matching tank top under.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Michelle is wearing a skirt, leggings/capris,bloomers?, tights/socks? and orthopedic shoes? On the beach! What is she trying to hide? Her lawn-mowing, man-trapping, bikini days are over, but what is all this nonsense? 

She's got to hide all her hotness. Lest she tempt another man. If she wore a regular suit, who knows the chaos that would ensue? 

3 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Bathing suits don't have built in bras? What have I been buying for the last 20 years? Yep (looking at my 4 bathing suits- don't judge only 3 are black) yep built in bras. 

I've got 3 suits. None have built in bras. 🤔 I may have to go look at suits and see if I can find one with a bra. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2