Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, SMama said:

Do you think such individuality and disdain for proper clothing etiquette would have been permitted at the Duggars? 

I think the Duggars wouldn't have noticed had a Howler done this in his youth. But yeah, if they had noticed, the corresponding sister-mom would have gotten yelled at...

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

His IG profile says he's a former cast member, then he writes #enlightened. Definitely an axe to grind.

He just keeps bitching about the show. He seems really annoyed that it's still on. Move on dude!

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, SMama said:

It was shitty of Boob and Mullet not to include Jill in the Zoom game night.

I didn't and won't watch the episode, but was it not TLC's idea for the zoom game?  Naturally, they would not include the Dillards and heavily mask the Sex-Pest family.  I'm sure Boob and Lollipophead were on board with all of this, but I really wonder if it was all their doing.  I can't see them coming up with the idea on their own.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, andromeda331 said:

That's what I want to know.

Likely that she doesn’t make more than him, she still has time to do all the things he wants her to do, and the job doesn’t conflict with HIS personal standards/beliefs. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, SMama said:

When/where did Derick say this?

The TLC Instagram page for counting on promos.  Also some of them are on the picture Amy recently took with Jill. 

• Useful 1
18 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I didn't and won't watch the episode, but was it not TLC's idea for the zoom game?  Naturally, they would not include the Dillards and heavily mask the Sex-Pest family.  I'm sure Boob and Lollipophead were on board with all of this, but I really wonder if it was all their doing.  I can't see them coming up with the idea on their own.

Anna was shown with baby Mar-yella in a Zoom square but was not part of the main game board. 

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

There's 2 people that think JB has power - JB & Derick. And Michelle knows they're both wrong.

22 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Sorry, wasn't given the option to clear the box.

Derelict claims that Boob tried to get him to sign an NDA last year. I gather Derelict refused. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

The TLC Instagram page for counting on promos.  Also some of them are on the picture Amy recently took with Jill. 

TY, I’m always behind on everything. 

1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Sorry, wasn't given the option to clear the box.

Derelict claims that Boob tried to get him to sign an NDA last year. I gather Derelict refused. 

Good for him. Why is Boob allegedly wanting one now? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Not a Derrick fan but if he can embarrass Boob, then let it rip. If true, why would JB push for an NDA just last year?

My bet is whatever NDA they signed originally ran out last year and JB tried to strong arm Derick into signing another one. Probably by threatening to cut off Jill's access to the rest of the family. That didn't work because Derick doesn't give a damn if he ever sees another Duggar besides Jill, plus we all noticed and commented on the lack of Jill during holidays and family gatherings. 

3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

The only problem with that is that Deertick is not a comedian.  It might be interesting, but probably really boring after a while.

So let's pair Derick with a real comedian. I'm sure he can play the straight man.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 7/9/2020 at 2:07 PM, ginger90 said:

74683678-176C-4127-AE12-BEE4FBC15AB8.jpeg

My "favorite" part of this photo (not jumping in the "eating in the car" debate) is that she takes a photo that includes her husband and child, but captions it "lunch with my favorite person." I'm not saying you have to say the kid you spend all day long with is your favorite person, but it does seem like an odd juxtaposition that Sam's in the middle of the frame, but not discussed in the caption at all. Of course, the other kid didn't even make the photo, so I guess Sam's gotta count himself lucky there 😂  Or maybe not 🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, leighdear said:

Derick always has been, and always will be a whining little twat. 

And Jill needs spellcheck, because even the fake word "Athleisure" has an "i" in it.  She looks like she's wearing a pre-schooler's jammies.  Idiots. 

I’m sorry, maybe it’s because I lived through tie-dye the first time and I admit that I have an aversion to clothing that shouts, but that is one wretched pair of jammies. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

My "favorite" part of this photo (not jumping in the "eating in the car" debate) is that she takes a photo that includes her husband and child, but captions it "lunch with my favorite person." I'm not saying you have to say the kid you spend all day long with is your favorite person, but it does seem like an odd juxtaposition that Sam's in the middle of the frame, but not discussed in the caption at all. Of course, the other kid didn't even make the photo, so I guess Sam's gotta count himself lucky there 😂  Or maybe not 🤣

And Sam is so over it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Wait, what? (I always miss the next page)

Derick says she can do any work she wants, within reason? What does he mean by that?

It means she can work as long as any work she does doesn't result in him having to do any housework or childrearing.

4 hours ago, drafan said:

Eating in the car:

If Derrick has a time-limited lunch break, then it would make sense to order and pick up the food and have it ready as soon as he starts his break. And he gets to see the kids.

I can't stand any of the Duggars and no longer watch the show. The reason? That horrible thing they did to Jill. That stupid interview with Meghan Kelly where Jessa worked like a dog to downplay the molestations, while Jill sat there barely able to hold it together. Then that equally asinine thing where Mullet took them to some kind of seminar where they discussed predator safeguards in the home....and Mullet and Jessa acted like it didn't pertain to any of them.

I have a soft spot for Jill. I don't care what Derrick says about anything. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I think a lot of people wish for them to be able to express opinions, so here's the chance. Go for it, Jill. I would read Derrick's book. I hope he does that critique while the show is on thing he mentioned.

The Dillards are on a budget...they don't need lawn furniture until D is finished with law school.

Aaaaaand....Sam is just the cutest thing ever. As in every last Duggar kid and grandkid. By a mile.

But Jill was downplaying everything just as much and she was openly hostile during that sex abuse special and said that her takeaway was the her parents handled Josh correctly.

12 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Right, it's weird that he's upset over something he saw the family do on the show, since he knows first hand that they only do those things to give TLC something to do.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, drafan said:

Aaaaaand....Sam is just the cutest thing ever. As in every last Duggar kid and grandkid. By a mile.

100% agree! I have always thought this. His face is just absolutely darling. Although I don't generally wish to rank small children's appearances and it's all subjective anyway, I never did understand the past fuss over Felicity and Spurgeon when Sam is just so dang cute.

And man, I agree with everyone who has commented on Jill looking so nice in her recent photos. Something about her face/makeup and her hair has a softer, natural look. It's hard to put my finger on, but her self portraits don't make me uncomfortable or filled with secondhand embarrassment as much as they used to. That may be damning with faint praise...but I hope the theory that she has turned some sort of a corner in her personal growth and happiness that is radiating outward is true. I can't help but like Jill a little bit for her seeming efforts to do things differently from how she was raised, and want her to succeed in building a life away from her toxic cult family.

• Love 23

Donations aren’t paycheck! 

Says the guy that bought a $200,000 house, pay for law school, paid off a lot of medical debt, has two cars, and vacationed around central America for years on end. I’m not buying that a percentage police officer’s life insurance, Even with good investment, could possibly cover that kind of lifestyle.

590CD761-C399-496F-8055-F3CB8C530C96.jpeg

• Love 10

Boob could try and sue Derelict for defamation, but what are his chances if Derelict tells the truth? 

Don't think a tell-all will happen, though. It would divide Jill from her family unless others were to break free of Boob's oppression.

• Love 2

Derick needs to just stop. Followers have brains and the ability to engage in critical thinking.

Jessa and Ben certainly aren't struggling for money. Jessa has Amazon knocking on her door daily, they paid for a trip for the in-laws and they travel when they want. YouTube videos and Ben's few a hours a week teaching gig aren't supporting that.

Derick made it clear when they were flying back and forth from CA, they were using their own money and not money from donations. Their only job then besides missionary work, was the show. Derick made a Farrah Faucett/Suzanne Somers move and lost the show like they did.

Leaving this little breadcrumb trail of gossip on SM isn't becoming.

• Love 19
(edited)
On 7/9/2020 at 9:25 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, he was pictured in a suit in Sam's birthday video yesterday. They said earlier this summer that he had a job as well as a class.

Wow a job and is going to school? Meanwhile Jeremy is 15 minutes away from a 'watch me destash pocket squares' video on YouTube. 

Edited by galaxygirl76
i can't spell
  • LOL 18
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

That's a cute outfit for hanging out at home. And pretty form fitting. Good for her! I'm sure Boob would have a fit. 

That outfit is on trend right now.  It really flatters her, and she looks thinner than in a lot of her other outfits (which surprised me, based on the pattern).

• Love 8
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Derick needs to just stop. Followers have brains and the ability to engage in critical thinking.

Jessa and Ben certainly aren't struggling for money. Jessa has Amazon knocking on her door daily, they paid for a trip for the in-laws and they travel when they want. YouTube videos and Ben's few a hours a week teaching gig aren't supporting that.

Derick made it clear when they were flying back and forth from CA, they were using their own money and not money from donations. Their only job then besides missionary work, was the show. Derick made a Farrah Faucett/Suzanne Somers move and lost the show like they did.

Leaving this little breadcrumb trail of gossip on SM isn't becoming.

All of this. Plus, Derick early on in this ongoing tantrum explicitly stated that he was angry that JB did whatever TLC wanted instead of being honest about their beliefs on camera, and Derick resented not being to be as openly hateful as he wanted. Sure, I guess it's nice to have confirmation of JB's hypocrisy (though anyone with a modicum of common sense already knew that), and I'm trashy enough to enjoy the Duggar infighting, but Derick's major beef with JB and TLC is that he wasn't allowed to be blatantly bigoted on camera. I'd be willing to bet that being allowed to preach on camera would have mollified Derick over the lack of a paycheck.

Jill wearing pants and looking better and happier(???) in pictures while Derick talks shit about JB doesn't actually make them any better than they were. Maybe they are, anything's possible, but until those two actually acknowledge how horrible they were (their missionary dreams being an excellent place to start), I'm going to continue to believe that they're still awful people with hateful beliefs until they prove otherwise. I'm not willing to read between the lines in this. Forgiveness without repentance is not my thing.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Some people around the net are talking like J&D are becoming liberals. They’re not. They’re still conservative Christians with hateful views. What has changed is that Jill is moving away from Gothard/IBLP and her parents. Derick has not changed his beliefs. He may have flirted with some of the Duggar’s beliefs, but I think he’s still into the faith he was raised with. 
I think Derick probably respected and looked up to JB at first, but something broke that spell and he is now pissed. It’s entertaining to watch all of this go down, but he’s starting to sound like a brat. 

💯%.

At this point he needs to stand up and say what he feels or sit down and shut up.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

...Jill wearing pants and looking better and happier(???) in pictures while Derick talks shit about JB doesn't actually make them any better than they were. Maybe they are, anything's possible, but until those two actually acknowledge how horrible they were (their missionary dreams being an excellent place to start), I'm going to continue to believe that they're still awful people with hateful beliefs until they prove otherwise. I'm not willing to read between the lines in this. Forgiveness without repentance is not my thing.

48 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Some people around the net are talking like J&D are becoming liberals. They’re not. They’re still conservative Christians with hateful views. What has changed is that Jill is moving away from Gothard/IBLP and her parents. Derick has not changed his beliefs. He may have flirted with some of the Duggar’s beliefs, but I think he’s still into the faith he was raised with. 
I think Derick probably respected and looked up to JB at first, but something broke that spell and he is now pissed. It’s entertaining to watch all of this go down, but he’s starting to sound like a brat. 

ITA!  There are so many comments on very superficial things like how Jill dresses, as if those things indicate a sea change of her beliefs.  Unless or until they denounce those despicable beliefs and clearly state that they realize they were wrong, I will go on thinking they are same awful people they were.

Incidentally,  I don't like Derick any more than I ever did, but I quite enjoy him going after JB.

• Love 20
18 minutes ago, Suzn said:

ITA!  There are so many comments on very superficial things like how Jill dresses, as if those things indicate a sea change of her beliefs.  Unless or until they denounce those despicable beliefs and clearly state that they realize they were wrong, I will go on thinking they are same awful people they were.

Incidentally,  I don't like Derick any more than I ever did, but I quite enjoy him going after JB.

Yes, I agree! I think Jill seems happier than she was, and she does look better than she did--and that's good for her. But it doesn't really mean that they as people have set aside some of their more objectionable beliefs. 

• Love 15
17 hours ago, thehorseofpower said:

100% agree! I have always thought this. His face is just absolutely darling. Although I don't generally wish to rank small children's appearances and it's all subjective anyway, I never did understand the past fuss over Felicity and Spurgeon when Sam is just so dang cute.

And man, I agree with everyone who has commented on Jill looking so nice in her recent photos. Something about her face/makeup and her hair has a softer, natural look. It's hard to put my finger on, but her self portraits don't make me uncomfortable or filled with secondhand embarrassment as much as they used to. That may be damning with faint praise...but I hope the theory that she has turned some sort of a corner in her personal growth and happiness that is radiating outward is true. I can't help but like Jill a little bit for her seeming efforts to do things differently from how she was raised, and want her to succeed in building a life away from her toxic cult family.

She’s trying.  And I give her props for that.   Unfortunately she sometimes posts her mishaps instead of a retake    But she is trying 

• Love 13
16 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

That's a cute outfit for hanging out at home. And pretty form fitting. Good for her! I'm sure Boob would have a fit. 

It is! And it fits by golly!!!

37 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I agree with this. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, dariafan said:

She’s trying.  And I give her props for that.   Unfortunately she sometimes posts her mishaps instead of a retake    But she is trying 

I appreciate the “mishaps.” Better that than staged BS.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I think Jimblob is suffering from self- hatred in that he introduced Derrick to his favorite child. This isn’t at all what he had in mind...

How dare you imply that God let him in the wrong direction!😅

• LOL 6
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

God works in mysterious ways...

So you’re saying that Jim Bob was attracted to Derreck, welcomed him into his own family, was betrayed by Derreck, and all of this was due to God’s will? I hope Jesus’ first words to Jim Bob are “congratulations, you played yourself, bitch”.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I think Jimblob is suffering from self- hatred in that he introduced Derrick to his favorite child. This isn’t at all what he had in mind...

Just like my favorite Forrest Gump said.  "Life is like a box of chocolates.  You just don't know what you're going to get"!

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

So you’re saying that Jim Bob was attracted to Derreck, welcomed him into his own family, was betrayed by Derreck, and all of this was due to God’s will? I hope Jesus’ first words to Jim Bob are “congratulations, you played yourself, bitch”.

Closer to the second part.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

I like the tie-dye. Also this kind of quarantine-casual chic is really on-trend right now so go Jill! Yay!

I like it too. I checked it out. It comes as a set, about $50.00.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Boob could try and sue Derelict for defamation, but what are his chances if Derelict tells the truth? 

Don't think a tell-all will happen, though. It would divide Jill from her family unless others were to break free of Boob's oppression.

Seems like Jill is already divided from her family.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
7 minutes ago, SMama said:

Seems like Jill is already divided from her family.

Jill was with several unmarried siblings just last week. Of course, Jana was there to snitch. I don't see her having much of a relationship with Jill any longer. 

Jill also spent time at her home with Joy and Jessa recently, but they're married, although Jessa is firmly attached to the Bank of Boob. Joy? Not as much. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
Clarity
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

My belief is that Jana had to go along on the birthday lunch which included Jill because she was told to monitor Jill's conversation with her brothers. Jana was eyes and ears for Boob. How disgusting of this 'oh so Godly man'. What is there to tell that Jill has to be monitored? These guys are mostly grown up and don't need to be herded away from the world and their relatives' life experiences. Shame on Jim Bob & Michelle....'unconditional love', yeah, right.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill also spent time at her home with Joy and Jessa recently, but they're married, although Jessa is firmly attached to the Bank of Boob. Joy? Not as much. 

I'm convinced that visit happened, and was duly documented for SM, at Jessa's instigation. With publicity in mind as the next season of the show dropped. See, our dad doesn't keep us apart, we're one big happy, ignore those nasty heathen haters, our parents are the Greatest of All Time, and be sure to tune in to Counting On on TLC . . .  

I think Jessa's got better natural fame-chasing instincts than JB so she probably thought it up, vs. him telling her to go do it. OTOH I bet she had the idea but was careful to get his blessing before they went over to Jill's.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

My belief is that Jana had to go along on the birthday lunch which included Jill because she was told to monitor Jill's conversation with her brothers. Jana was eyes and ears for Boob. How disgusting of this 'oh so Godly man'. What is there to tell that Jill has to be monitored? These guys are mostly grown up and don't need to be herded away from the world and their relatives' life experiences. Shame on Jim Bob & Michelle....'unconditional love', yeah, right.

JimBlob wouldn't want Jill to corrupt her brothers with her wild ways and form fitting clothes and jeans and such.  Rebellious Jezebel that she is. Or some shit. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, Suzn said:

I spent the majority of my life in conservative, evangelical churches where women worked and wore whatever they wanted and those despicable beliefs were preached from the pulpit. I'm always surprised when people point them out as if it were some oddity, but in my experience the majority of christians feel the same way. 

I don't expect Derick and Jill to start supporting the LGBT+ community as long as they're attending churches that preach against it.

• Love 22