Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Totally said:

So they had lunch and went shopping, then popped into Jill’s so Jesse could put something on her instagram as an ‘up yours’ Jill isn’t shut out of the family?

I’d thought that maybe Jill has chosen to distance herself from Josh’s branch and decided not to go...but your scenario feels more likely. 

• Love 2
(edited)

we should watch the staff list on fort rock's charity tax filing next year. maybe Giddy will be listed along with Austin, Austin's parents and Bobby Balinger

Edited by crazy8s
meant next yr no last yr grr
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

d2hpvzzkhr651.jpg

Aaaaannnnddd, they're doing playdates in the midst of a COVID surge in their area.  Great, just great.  At least they were outdoors, I hope they stayed outside since that seems to be safer/

• Love 4

Her feet just look dirty ( nothing new there for a Duggar) and that miserable expression on her face? Yikes! How could she think that face shot would encourage people to buy any product?

• Love 15

That’s a lot of leg showing for someone who wore ankle length skirts. Good for her! I hope JB and M stroke out when they see it. Pearls will be clutched.

• LOL 6
  • Love 15
19 minutes ago, SMama said:

That’s a lot of leg showing for someone who wore ankle length skirts. Good for her! I hope JB and M stroke out when they see it. Pearls will be clutched.

Right, I’m pretty sure she’s just wearing a long tshirt and maybe short shorts as pajamas/house clothes? Good for her! A big step up from someone who had to sleep in her clothes for reasons. 

• Love 16

Jill has been shown doing,  let's see how many things outdoors recently. picnics, the beach or river with the boys several times, has a container garden etc. so shouldn't she just be getting tan in summer, in arkansas without a product?

if she said "since i use sun screen to be safe, but still want the tan look" in her stories or whatever I missed that part

• Love 2
(edited)

I honestly doubt Jill's parent give a happy crap these days about seeing her legs, or anything else she or the Dillweeds do.  I'd be amazed if they spent any time looking at the social media of any of their kidult children.  Why would they care?

Those progeny & their baggage (families) make them ZERO money. They were already bought & sold for engagement & wedding photo & video rights. 

JB & Michelle have a stable of work horses still at home to ride herd on and I'm betting those are the ones they monitor.  Those still have current and potential income for them.

They see the needy married ones at their own house.  They probably feel that's enough.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I honestly doubt Jill's parent give a happy crap these days about seeing her legs, or anything else she or the Dillweeds do.  I'd be amazed if they spent any time looking at the social media of any of their kidult children.  Why would they care?

I totally agree.  People seem to think that every post Jill makes is this major dis to her parents, but they probably never even see it and you're right, they probably don't really care.

• Love 7

well the parents recently came out saying the watch all the adult children's and even the married's social media with some app. the get a report each day i believe was the claim.

I doubt that included Jill and Derick since surely the are not on a JB phone plan. Not sure on Jer and Jing, but probably not them either. Josh and all the boys surely understand burner phones to avoid tracking

• Love 1

Mechelle did NOT mention the married ones when she talked about Covenant Eyes. She just said the kidults asked her to do it. It was strongly suggested that it was the male kidults who are subjected to it. 

I would assume Anna monitors Smuggar.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

I hadn't paid attention to her quote about Covenant Eyes, but I just looked up the company and they have a suitably creepy eye logo that looks like it was designed by a Orwell's Big Brother. *shudders* I know the Duggars have never heard of the panopticon (and wouldn't be interested in anything a gay Frenchman like Foucault had to say), but that concept is all I can think of right now. 

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Mechelle did NOT mention the married ones when she talked about Covenant Eyes. She just said the kidults asked her to do it. It was strongly suggested that it was the male kidults who are subjected to it. 

I would assume Anna monitors Smuggar.

my mistake there  sorry.

I know the Duggars have never heard of the panopticon (and wouldn't be interested in anything a gay Frenchman like Foucault had to say)

Bentham, I believe.  I doubt any of them would care to discuss legal positivism either. 

She just said the kidults asked her to do it. 

That way she’s completely distracted from looking for burner phones. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Bentham, I believe.  I doubt any of them would care to discuss legal positivism either. 

Oh you're right--I first read about it in Foucault, but it was Bentham. But yeah I doubt these jokers have heard of either one. 

• Love 2

I believe JimBoob and MEEEchelle monitor the marrieds' social media only to monitor whether they might say/do/post anything that threatens their image as the best parents ever. I think given current threat levels, they have alerts set up any time Dreck or Jill post. Since Books and ofBooks have fully leaned into the Christian Fundie Lite influencer role thanks to their latest publicist/media manager, the alerts have been turned into a weekly recap to scan for troubling signs. And Blessa and the other wholly dependent marrieds are no threat at all.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Jill has been shown doing,  let's see how many things outdoors recently. picnics, the beach or river with the boys several times, has a container garden etc. so shouldn't she just be getting tan in summer, in arkansas without a product?

if she said "since i use sun screen to be safe, but still want the tan look" in her stories or whatever I missed that part

I don't get it. Why should she have to explain why she's not baking her skin with dangerous UV rays? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I think her tanning photos are funny. I'm not sure how the company felt about it, but I enjoyed them. All that tanning stuff is hard to use on fair skin, and I should know. That's pretty much what happens. 

I chuckled a bit too. That may be the most relatable she's ever appeared on social media. And I appreciated that she didn't suck up to the company just because she got free product. 

• Love 14
(edited)

I kind of like the non air-brushed quality of Jill's tanning story. I see so many overly curated photos from so-called influencers (you know, the type where the girl lies on perfectly white pillowcases while plugging some non-streak makeup) that Jill's stories have that feel of authenticity (ugh, can't believe I just used that word). But she sounds like a normal person trying a product rather than someone paid to make a product look Insta-perfect.

(I'm also shocked by some of my friends who are NOT influencers who now say they "curate" their SM to "build their brand." Uh-huh with your 250 followers?)

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7
On 6/25/2020 at 6:14 PM, BigBingerBro said:

I totally agree.  People seem to think that every post Jill makes is this major dis to her parents, but they probably never even see it and you're right, they probably don't really care.

hard disagree from me. they know jill and the other adult duggars can take them down at any moment. I honestly think Jill and Derrick keep boob and meechelle up at night ( and rightly so)

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
On 6/26/2020 at 7:03 AM, Albanyguy said:

Her feet just look dirty ( nothing new there for a Duggar) and that miserable expression on her face? Yikes! How could she think that face shot would encourage people to buy any product?

That’s a screenshot taken from a video 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

How To Cut Down on Tattling

Jun 27, 2020 | Family Blog | 0 

When I was a kid, I remember my mom constantly encouraging us kids to work out disagreements between ourselves. Of course there were plenty of times when we just couldn’t see eye-to-eye with a sibling, or we were so emotional that a friend couldn’t reason with us and we needed an adult to help, but many other times, the little petty disagreements or someone picking on us could be resolved without involving an adult. 

How?

My mom had 2 rules.

Rule number 1: “Talk sweet.” 

Rule number 2: “Go and tell”…an adult (and to be used only if rule number one didn’t work). 

If we came running to her with our little problem without having applied these two rules in the correct order, then we would be reminded of them and might be asked if we would like to “try again.” 

She made it clear that if we had taken the right steps and tried to work it out first, she would be all ears to help and only the guilty party would be in trouble. But if we came running to her before trying to work it out, or bullied another person (or as she called it “taking matters into your own hands”), then both of us might be in trouble. This dramatically cut down on tattling and highly encouraged us to work things out on our own, or at least attempt to first. 

There were of course exceptions to this rule, like if there was an emergency and someone was going to get hurt, or if a mess was being made, then we didn’t have to follow these steps and could step in and help or run for an adult immediately. 

As a parent myself now, we’ve used these two rules with our kids. I believe that not only do our kids benefit from them right now as they learn to work through problems with others while still young, but I believe these rules will likely help them later in life too when problems arise. And this doesn’t mean we expect our kids to always agree with each other or never express when they’re upset. Anger and disagreements can be healthy and need to be expressed, but we do want them to be thoughtful, responsible, self-aware and self-controlled when problems arise. 

We had a laugh the other day when our boys had a little squabble. They weren’t handling the situation well by themselves, so I stepped in and asked Israel what rule number one was and if he’d used it. Sam piped up before Israel could answer, “talk sweet!” 

• Love 5
(edited)

How not to be a tattletale, by the family tattletale. For the progress Jill is making,  she’s still got a ways to go if she’s regurgitating Michelle‘s parenting style. And I use the word parenting very loosely. 

They weren’t supposed to bully each other? Might want to talk to your wonderful sister Jessa about that.  And I won’t even go into the Josh issue, Except to say my version of solving it would’ve ended with either with physical violence on my part, or a call to the police. I’d kept about as sweet as the keto diet.

For god sakes Jill, keeping and talking sweet put you in the hole you’re trying to climb out of nowhere therapy. Getting those little boys away from you and out in the real world will be the best thing ever for your family.

I also can’t help but wonder what was said/promised/implied in the meeting between Joy and Jessa this week for Jill to suddenly post praise of their parents.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
51 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I remember Jana telling Michelle that Jessa was kicking her bed to keep her awake, and Jana was "encouraged" by Michelle to sweet talk to Jessa and give Jessa her one prized possession, a jewelry box. The punishment created a painful memory for Jana, but there's no indication it changed Jessa's behavior.  

The moral is no one should take parenting advice from JimBlob and Meechelle. 

OMG is that the origin of the box story? I knew it involved Jessa being awarded for bad behavior but that is somehow even worse than I'd imagined.