Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They're still anti woman, choice, LBGTQ rights, so they're pretty bigoted in my book.

I just meant in the not-a-cult sense. I'm sure they put out a nice daily 2-minutes-hate podcast for Durwood.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Didn't FotF used to bankroll that cult of masculinity that was Promisekeepers? Maybe they've mellowed since then, but they certainly had a cult going on back in the day. 

I didn't know that. Yikes. A blogger I used to read called them Focus On The Anus because of their obsession with gay sex.

All of this is to say, yeah, Jill is a bit more liberal, but still has light years to go, and may never get 'there'. Derick may become a millstone around her neck.

• Love 7

If you want a trip down Focus on the Family's particular lane of crazy, I recommend their pop culture review website. (Yeah, you read that right.) 

https://www.pluggedin.com/

Sometimes, when I'm feeling mean and bored (not a particularly unusual combo for me), I like to look up the most graphic and explicit TV shows and movies I can think of to see FOF's thoughts on them. 🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 6/19/2020 at 7:23 PM, Zella said:

If you want a trip down Focus on the Family's particular lane of crazy, I recommend their pop culture review website. (Yeah, you read that right.) 

https://www.pluggedin.com/

Sometimes, when I'm feeling mean and bored (not a particularly unusual combo for me), I like to look up the most graphic and explicit TV shows and movies I can think of to see FOF's thoughts on them. 🤣

Plugged In used to be a magazine. I was subscribed to it once as well as their teen girl magazine called Brio. Then they made one for post-high school readers. It was the typical stuff you'd expect: focus on praying for your future spouse, keeping yourself modest, saving your "purity" for your husband, not allowing the ways of the world to pollute your mind, finding ways to prepare yourself to be a good wife in the future, trusting in God's timing in all things, and did I mention waiting patiently and purely for your future wedding when you can fulfill what God created you to do (be a wife and mother)? 

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Plugged In used to be a magazine. I was subscribed to it once as well as their teen girl magazine called Brio. Then they made one for post-high school readers. It was the typical stuff you'd expect: focus on praying for your future spouse, keeping yourself modest, saving your "purity" for your husband, not allowing the ways of the world to pollute your mind, finding ways to prepare yourself to be a good wife in the future, trusting in God's timing in all things, and did I mention waiting patiently and purely for your future wedding when you can fulfill what God created you to do (be a wife and mother)? 

Interesting--I didn't know that it used to be a magazine!

• Love 2

Yeah something tells me Jill isn't reposting because of the "can't see your dad due to the pandemic" reason. Will be interesting to see if there is a retaliation.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah something tells me Jill isn't reposting because of the "can't see your dad due to the pandemic" reason. Will be interesting to see if there is a retaliation.

Derrick's dad passed away, so I could see her relating to this post on a few different levels. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Derrick's dad passed away, so I could see her relating to this post on a few different levels. 

True but I don't think that was her intended meaning either. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

That’s a really lovely picture of everyone - except Michelle.

I still can’t believe that she looked at that dress and thought it would be a good choice for her MOB dress, or for any reason really.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The Duggars are in total denial. Nothing to see here...

Rumor on reddit is that since in changed his bio to writer he, Jessa, and the Fame-olos are launching a happy marriage relationship book to preempt D-wrecks book. It won't work, of course. Everyone wants to hear about what an asshole JB is. They can't deny forever. (Well, they will, people just won't buy it)

Edit HE= Ben

Edited by JoanArc
  • Useful 8
29 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I still can’t believe that she looked at that dress and thought it would be a good choice for her MOB dress, or for any reason really.

Not only did Michelle look at it, buy it, alter it and wear it, but Kelly Bates did as well.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Rumor on reddit is that since in changed his bio to writer he, Jessa, and the Fame-olos are launching a happy marriage relationship book to preempt D-wrecks book. It won't work, of course. Everyone wants to hear about what an asshole JB is. They can't deny forever. (Well, they will, people just won't buy it)

Who the hell wants relationship advice from Benessa or the Famewhores? They've been married a hot minute and have had no struggles aside from pretending to socially distance during the pandemic.

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Who the hell wants relationship advice from Benessa or the Famewhores? They've been married a hot minute and have had no struggles aside from pretending to socially distance during the pandemic.

It's been awhile since the last book, the show need the publicity, they need the cash, they can fake a story about how it was written in quarrantine. But mainly, they have to draw attention away from Derick's tome.

(Maybe they'll write about where Jill and Josh vanished to?)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Edit HE= Ben

well a book on great relationships was certainly coming from Jer and Jing from the minute they met Jer and Aud roloff last spring. if Bin and Jessa are doing a book  that would be interesting. what actually could they or Josiah, JD, Austin have to offer there?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

Oh goodness, I did not know that.

It looked better on Kelly.

Not surprised there's a rumor about trying to distract people from Derick's tell-all. They must really be afraid.

• Love 3

I think in some ways they might be more scared of Jill spilling the beans than Derick. I think he's easier to theoretically discredit than she would be simply because she hasn't been venting and telling conflicting hints for years on social media and because she actually lived under the roof with them. 

• Love 17
34 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Not surprised there's a rumor about trying to distract people from Derick's tell-all. They must really be afraid.

is he really writing a book?   I don't keep up with them unless they are showing new shows and sometimes not even then.   I just pop in here every few months to see what's up, and if he is actually writing a tell-all, I will anxiously await it.  I hope it isn't all hat and no cattle.

4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

On a lighter note, Meechell's famous tin man dress lives on. The whole thing is such an epic fail, it's the "ugly dress worn in public" by which all ugly dresses worn in public must be judged. It's not cheap or accidental ugly either. It's intentionally BAD ugly. Considering the weather was warm that day, Meechell must have sweated like a pig in it. The hair doesn't help either. 

2 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Maybe in Michelle's heart-of-hearts she really wants to play the Tin Woman on a wild remake of OZ?

• LOL 4
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Twopper said:

is he really writing a book?   I don't keep up with them unless they are showing new shows and sometimes not even then.   I just pop in here every few months to see what's up, and if he is actually writing a tell-all, I will anxiously await it.  I hope it isn't all hat and no cattle.

He keeps claiming that on Twitter, every few months (usually coinciding with breaks from law school). I don't know that it's ever been confirmed independent of Derrick. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

Wow, that was a pretty poignant re-post from Jill. Whether it was in reference to Mr. Dillard's passing or Boob being a total piece of garbage, it's a huge departure from the "life is all rainbows and unicorns" drivel we usually get from these people. 

• Love 21