Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Chris Knight

Jill & Derick Dullard: Counting On (Donations)

26 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Just look at Jessa’s recent ‘pizza’ recipie.

same recipe Jill posted long ago - Duggar girl's don"t have many "recipes"

• Laugh 4

9 hours ago, Madtown said:

Now Jill actually has cut her hair and dresses more "revealing" , while Jessa still has that hideous hair and dresses like a frump. I'd like to say the tables have turned..

Especially the ugly mustard cardigan Jessa loves. 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

same recipe Jill posted long ago - Duggar girl's don"t have many "recipes"

The Duggar’s just steal the recipes from sweet friends 🙄

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

I don't see how putting sauce and shredded mozzarella on a tortilla constitutes a "recipe." 😁

• Like 8
  • Laugh 8

20 hours ago, floridamom said:

Didn't we speculate that the Dillards bought their home from a Christian builder who 'sells' the property on a pay as you go basis? Why would Cathy's name and address appear on their property record at all? It this home is paid for already, I believe Derick and Dan's grandparents' inheritance passed directly to them, half each since their father pre-deceased their grandparents. This would explain it being paid for in cash, if this is so.

When did Derick's paternal grandmother die? 

I try looking up information about the family. I found obits for Derick's father and his grandfather, but not the grandmother. Derick's father had a brother, so any inheritance would have been split at least three ways between Dan, Derick and their uncle (who has a family of his own*)". This would all be assuming that money was left to only immediate family members.  His grandfather was a principal, which pays relatively well, but probably not enough for an inheritance Derick to buy a house on. 

*I'm not putting the names of Derick's uncle and his children in here, because it seems a little invasive. These people are private people, who happen to be related to Derick. 

• Like 5

I'm real curious to how the Dillards came up with their down payment. It could be from an inheritance, although I'm unsure how likely that is. I think other than a home and maybe a life insurance policy, the average person doesn't die with oodles of money in the bank.  

• Useful 4

I could look up the public property record in Arkansas if I knew what they call the property appraiser's office in Arkansas. The history of property ownership should be right there on the record, deed to deed. I believe Cathy owned this lot if her name appeared anywhere on the records and paid the taxes on it. Really, Derick should say how they qualified and purchased this house...he doesn't have to give any specific numbers of invasive information..just the general facts of how to buy a house with no job the way he did. It could benefit many readers here....but they won't. I think Derick's paternal grandmother passed away about a year ago. There were posts about it. If his grandfather worked for the school system, he had a good pension coming in for the rest of his life.. Most school systems worked like that. Yes, Dan and Derick would receive half each of the assets after their uncle received his full 50%.

• Like 1

Benton County Property Records

Filed/Sold/Price/Grantor/Grantee/BookPage/Deed Type

4/17/2019 4/17/2019  $188,000  RAUSCH COLEMAN LAKEWOOD LLC   DILLARD, DERICK & JILL L 2019  18042 WD(WARRANTY DEED)

8/15/2018 8/15/2018 $1,925,000 LAKEWOOD HOLDINGS LLC  RAUSCH COLEMAN LAKEWOOD LLC (50PC)L201842781WD(WARRANTY DEED)

the other information was from the benton county tax records for the same address - I didn't realize firefox pop up blocker was blocking some of the info there. I think they were just using Cathy's address as the address for the county to send the tax bill.  derick and Jill are listed as the property owners every time and cathy is listed under property address. jill and derick have paid taxes on that lot since 2015

• Useful 5

16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't see how putting sauce and shredded mozzarella on a tortilla constitutes a "recipe." 😁

Next recipe will be how to make nachos 🤣. My recipe they can borrow:

1. Dump chips into a bowl 

2. Sprinkle some cheese 

3. microwave for 1 minute 

4. dump salsa and sour cream on top

5. Enjoy 😉 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 8

21 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

2. Sprinkle some cheese 

5. Enjoy 😉 

2. Sprinkle  Dump some cheese. FIFY 😉

• Like 2
  • Laugh 14

7 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

My guess they grifted the $ for the house. Or a settlement of some kind.

I actually asked him on IG once and he responded that it wasn’t a gift, that they worked hard, saved up, and made wise financial decisions in order to pay for it. 😂

• Laugh 18

4 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

2. Sprinkle some cheese 

5. Enjoy 😉 

6. Big green salad.

28 minutes ago, awaken said:

I actually asked him on IG once and he responded that it wasn’t a gift, that they worked hard, saved up, and made wise financial decisions in order to pay for it. 😂

Yet he complains about having to pay medical bills. He claimed to pay those off in a year, too. Just HOW MUCH money does Derick make?

Edited by JoanArc
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

18 minutes ago, JoanArc said:Yet he complains about having to pay medical bills. He claimed to pay those off in a year, too. Just HOW MUCGH money does Derick make?

Clearly, being in law school and driving for grub hub are very lucrative!  👍🏼

• Like 1
  • Laugh 23

2 hours ago, awaken said:

Liar liar pants on fire. None of the Duggar’s or anyone associated with them ever tells the truth

• Like 11

1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Maybe Jim Bob gave them a payout when he wrote Jill off the family tree.

He might’ve given Jill her “share” and let her go about her merry little way. She spent years as the mouthpiece for them on that show. I hope she got something for it. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2

12 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

My guess they grifted the $ for the house. Or a settlement of some kind.

The only settlement that I can think of is if Derick sued the doc who botched his oral surgery.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

The only settlement that I can think of is if Derick sued the doc who botched his oral surgery.

I'm pretty sure that Derelict said he didn't sue.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I'm glad Jill is making progress in her social life, but her recipes are still 100% Duggar Disasters. However, inspired by @galaxychaser's generosity in sharing her dear family recipes, here is mine for enchiladas.

1 bag of beef and cheese frozen burritos, thawed
1-8oz bag of shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 large can of Walmart-brand enchilada sauce

1. Dump enough enchilada sauce in a glass flat-bottom casserole dish to cover the bottom.

2. Lay the burritos on the sauce.

3. Dump the the rest of the sauce on the burritos.

4. Dump the cheese on top.

5. Microwave for 5-10 minutes or until the burritos are cooked through. Test by sticking your finger into the middle burrito. Serve that one to the child who has annoyed you the most that day.

6. Serve with bagged salad, salsa, sliced olives, and sour cream.

Reading through this, it might be too complicated for Jill right now. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 19

On 6/5/2020 at 2:46 PM, crazy8s said:

not sure if the have a mortgage, but they have paid taxes on that lot from 2015

DILLARD DERICK & JILL
************ AVE
LOWELL, AR 72745

Parcel/PPAN:5229027

Tax Year:2015

Property Type: Personal

Owner Name: DILLARD DERICK & JILL

Property Addess :% CATHY BYRUM

This makes it look like Cathy is a percentage owner of the property. I wonder if that’s true...

3 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

This makes it look like Cathy is a percentage owner of the property. I wonder if that’s true...

How much credit could Jill and Derick have had in 2015?  Maybe they needed a co-signer on the loan and Cathy stepped up.  Not unusual for someone getting their first mortgage.

6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm pretty sure that Derelict said he didn't sue.

Derick is known to stretch the truth.  If there was true malpractice at his oral surgery, something egregious, all he'd need to do was get a lawyer to threaten a suit, and, if things were that obvious, the dentist's insurance company might've offered a settlement right then and there.  Technically, he didn't file a suit, just threatened one.  I've seen it happen in cases where something really terrible happened and there was no way to avoid a payout.

Although Derick clearly got a bad result from his oral surgery, it doesn't mean there was malpractice.  There is always a possibility that any surgery could have a bad result, even if everything is done by the book.  

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

Why does anyone think the public is owed any information on the Dillards, or any of the other Duggars/adjacents? Derick can stretch the truth as much as he wants.  These adults get to choose what and how much they share. Isn't it enough that the Duggar brood's privacy was sold by their father? Derick and Jill are former tv personalities. Just because people want to know does not mean they're under any obligation to disclose anything about their finances, their children's births or their fertility. They can tease all they want, withhold what they want, spin what they want. Their audience is not entitled to anything. Don't like it, don't follow. 

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion here, where we can collate all the info in various media, their show/books, speculate wildly and deep-dive into public records. It's fun and interesting for me because their world is so foreign and I find religion fascinating (and weird, no offense intended), but they owe us nothing. 

Edited by mimionthebeach · Reason: Because it's not time to eat grandma, it's time to eat, grandma.
  • Like 18

6 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I think we all scrutinize the finances of the Dillards because Derick is the only one who uses his social media to extol the virtues of the Dave Ramsay system and being debt-free.  He wants us to believe he and Jill are living debt-free while dropping close to half a million at this point on medical bills, his education, and their new home with barely any visible income coming in.  The math doesn't add up, and we are questioning that.  If Derick had kept his trap shut on Twitter, then we would not be discussing this.

Don’t forget the three or four different incompatible rationales he’s given over the years where the money is coming from.  I’d still really like to see an accounting of how much money his charity raked in. You would think honest people would release that kind of info.

23 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

They can tease all they want, withhold what they want, spin what they want. Their audience is not entitled to anything. Don't like it, don't follow. 

I agree with this. It is just amazing how much they lie, twist, spin, and distort while proclaiming to be perfect people that everyone should be emulating. If they don’t like the attention, then they can also drop out of Instagram, or at least just stop randomly volunteering how many nights per week they make love.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Like 15

7 hours ago, Nysha said:

I'm glad Jill is making progress in her social life, but her recipes are still 100% Duggar Disasters. However, inspired by @galaxychaser's generosity in sharing her dear family recipes, here is mine for enchiladas.

1 bag of beef and cheese frozen burritos, thawed
1-8oz bag of shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 large can of Walmart-brand enchilada sauce

1. Dump enough enchilada sauce in a glass flat-bottom casserole dish to cover the bottom.

2. Lay the burritos on the sauce.

3. Dump the the rest of the sauce on the burritos.

4. Dump the cheese on top.

5. Microwave for 5-10 minutes or until the burritos are cooked through. Test by sticking your finger into the middle burrito. Serve that one to the child who has annoyed you the most that day.

6. Serve with bagged salad, salsa, sliced olives, and sour cream.

Reading through this, it might be too complicated for Jill right now. 

Extra credit for opening a bagged salad and dumping into a bowl! Do Duggar’s do anything extra? 

• Laugh 2

27 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

Why does anyone think the public is owed any information on the Dillards, or any of the other Duggars/adjacents? Derick can stretch the truth as much as he wants.  These adults get to choose what and how much they share. Isn't it enough that the Duggar brood's privacy was sold by their father? Derick and Jill are former tv personalities. Just because people want to know does not mean they're under any obligation to disclose anything about their finances, their children's births or their fertility. They can tease all they want, withhold what they want, spin what they want. Their audience is not entitled to anything. Don't like it, don't follow. 

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion here, where we can collate all the info in various media, their show/books, speculate wildly and deep-dive into public records. It's fun and interesting for me because their world is so foreign and I find religion fascinating (and weird, no offense intended), but they owe us nothing. 

I agree with your point, though I don't think people speculating means they think they're owed information. If you put limited information out there about your life, including that you were financially screwed over by your FIL and a television network, and yet claim to be debt free while owning a home and going to law school (ETA: ON TOP OF HAVING STARTED A SKETCHY CHARITY)...people are going to do the math. And they're going to wonder and assume you're lying about something. Frankly, in light of how terrible Derick is as a human being, his lying to internet strangers about his finances doesn't bother me; and I always thinks it's weird as hell when people directly ask him or any social media personality questions like this; but those questions are the logical end-result of offering limited information to strangers on the internet in the first place.

Edited by lascuba
  • Like 20
  • Useful 1

On 5/18/2020 at 7:18 PM, JoanArc said:

Aquafina Baptism Dillard 

I could see Jill picking Aquafina.  Jingle would pick Fiji.

• Like 1

I'd also like to add that yes people are entitled to put whatever they want to out on social media, but it's a two-way street, and other people are absolutely entitled to judge whatever is put out there for public consumption. And judging Derick for telling obvious lies when he claims to be a Christian is very valid. 

• Like 17

1 minute ago, Zella said:

Ordinarily, I'm all for respecting people's privacy about their finances, but Derick is the dumbass who made it fair game by ranting and raving about his contract that he suddenly didn't have, making conflicting claims about how he was paid, being less-than-transparent about money that was donated to them, and making accusations about other people's finances. And to be fair to him, I'm sure a lot of what he says about Jim Bob has merit, but I don't think he's just the innocent wronged party that he makes himself out to be. He shit in his own hat and now has to wear it. I seriously doubt anyone would be scrutinizing his finances this heavily if he'd just kept everything private. But he didn't. That's on him. 

ITA.  If Derick had ever had treated their finances as private it would be different, but he has continually made comments about their finances.  His claims are inconsistent and contradictory.  That they worked hard and saved to afford a new house and Derick's education is just ridiculous.  What highly paid job has he had in the last five years that would provide all that in addition to their regular living expenses?  Statements like that absolutely beg for speculation and commenting on.  Derick has made their finances public so is not entitled to make it private at the same time.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1

27 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I could see Jill picking Aquafina.  Jingle would pick Fiji.

Perrier Champagne Vuolo

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

4 minutes ago, Suzn said:

ITA.  If Derick had ever had treated their finances as private it would be different, but he has continually made comments about their finances.  His claims are inconsistent and contradictory.  That they worked hard and saved to afford a new house and Derick's education is just ridiculous.  What highly paid job has he had in the last five years that would provide all that in addition to their regular living expenses?  Statements like that absolutely beg for speculation and commenting on.  Derick has made their finances public so is not entitled to make it private at the same time.

Bingo! His job at WM HQ could have set him up for a rather nice, secure future, but he didn't work there long. None of his other endeavors would explain it, though I strongly suspect he may have siphoned off money from their donations. He has a degree in accounting, so if he did that, it's not out of ignorance. 

His nonsense about the contract rivets me. Like, he claims there was both a contract and there was not a contract. Those 2 statements literally cannot both be true! But he just soldiers on with the lies. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 11

52 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Once anyone publicly asks for donations, which they have, their finances become fair game for scrutiny.

And they have done so on numerous occasions.

• Like 8

Derick plays games with what he discloses. He's a tease and an instigator. While he may "owe" no one anything, it's his own doings that encourage readers/viewers to try and figure things out.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Suzn said:

One could conclude that he must have received some form of compensation from JB over the years. Maybe not a regular salary--and I'm not defending JB's sketchiness AT ALL--but something like covering all housing and general living expenses, etc. Plus, SOS paid for all their housing in DA in addition to paying them, and they'd set up that "charity" that covered their travel and who knows what else. They could have saved quite a bit during the years.

40 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Derick plays games with what he discloses. He's a tease and an instigator. While he may "owe" no one anything, it's his own doings that encourage readers/viewers to try and figure things out.

I mean, it’s not like he has the looks, personality, political views, a tv show, ministry, or anything else keeping him interesting. Shit stitring is all he’s got.  People are pretty much just following at this point to see when his wife becomes a full on lesbian social justice warrior anarchist abortionist harpy from hell.  Oh yeah, and we want to see the kids break free, too.

7 minutes ago, lascuba said:

They could have saved quite a bit during the years.

I don’t think it counts as ‘saving’ money when everyone else is paying for everything. Although I suppose you could credibly argue that Jill did earn money.  And, over the course of her life, probably more than Derreck ever has. 

• Like 9
  • Laugh 4

18 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I don’t think it counts as ‘saving’ money when everyone else is paying for everything. Although I suppose you could credibly argue that Jill did earn money.  And, over the course of her life, probably more than Derreck ever has. 

Agreed. And even if some of this is from money he got from Cathy, that doesn't match his narrative about working hard. It's still not money he's earned from work! 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Once anyone publicly asks for donations, which they have, their finances become fair game for scrutiny.

They absolutely relinquished privacy about their finances. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

I think it's highly possible Jill received some money from her father when she got married. I also think it's possible Derick got some inheritance/insurance money from his dad or through his Mom. That would explain how they paid for the house.

However, how does he put food on the table without a regular paying job is a mystery to me. 

Could their social media revenue be enough to pay for all this?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

My sister's fiance drives for grub hub and is their sole income and they manage, but they don't have a mortgage either.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

46 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I think it's highly possible Jill received some money from her father when she got married. I also think it's possible Derick got some inheritance/insurance money from his dad or through his Mom. That would explain how they paid for the house.

However, how does he put food on the table without a regular paying job is a mystery to me. 

Could their social media revenue be enough to pay for all this?

I've wondered this as well.  From what I've read, someone with Jill's number of followers could get a nice payday for posts that shill products.  When Derick or Jill posts about Grub Hub, I can't help but wonder if he really drives much for them, or if he's mostly doing some not so subtle paid advertising?  Think about how many times Grub Hub is mentioned in this forum alone.  

Any time either of them are pictured with a product, whether it's a podcast Jill supposedly listens to, or a bottle of chocolate milk best-hubby-ever brings her, it could easily be a paid advertisement that brings in money.  I tend to think of them as wanna be influencers, but on several other forums people have speculated that they already are at least fairly well paid by several advertisers.

• Useful 6

I pretty much don't really care how they paid for their house.

I just found it interesting they owned the lot since 2015.

I find it equally interesting Joy and Austin are on or own property they got from the JB and michelle trust on a quit claim. a piece of property adjacent to a bunch of JB and Michelle trust property.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I mean, it’s not like he has the looks, personality, political views, a tv show, ministry, or anything else keeping him interesting. Shit stitring is all he’s got.  People are pretty much just following at this point to see when his wife becomes a full on lesbian social justice warrior anarchist abortionist harpy from hell.  Oh yeah, and we want to see the kids break free, too.

Absolutely. That's what's so annoying about his talk about money...the reason he could save so much is because his expenses were artificially low due to JB subsidizing him up until fairly recently.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Moroccan? From the girl who's family acted all snooty in an Ethiopian restaurant?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6

Here’s the video of the Duggars in Japan eating a traditional Japanese breakfast. Nobody seemed to care for it except Jordyn! She was 3 years old and eating those oysters like it was nothing! 🙂

But in Jill’s defense she does seem to be pretty open to a lot of different foods. She’s made some Nepali dishes and taken the kids to Nepali restaurants. 

Edited by VioletWitch
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Moroccan? From the girl who's family acted all snooty in an Ethiopian restaurant?

Jer and Jingle’s Podcast talk about Africa like it is a single country.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 4

Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.