Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I think we all scrutinize the finances of the Dillards because Derick is the only one who uses his social media to extol the virtues of the Dave Ramsay system and being debt-free.  He wants us to believe he and Jill are living debt-free while dropping close to half a million at this point on medical bills, his education, and their new home with barely any visible income coming in.  The math doesn't add up, and we are questioning that.  If Derick had kept his trap shut on Twitter, then we would not be discussing this.

Don’t forget the three or four different incompatible rationales he’s given over the years where the money is coming from.  I’d still really like to see an accounting of how much money his charity raked in. You would think honest people would release that kind of info.

23 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

They can tease all they want, withhold what they want, spin what they want. Their audience is not entitled to anything. Don't like it, don't follow. 

I agree with this. It is just amazing how much they lie, twist, spin, and distort while proclaiming to be perfect people that everyone should be emulating. If they don’t like the attention, then they can also drop out of Instagram, or at least just stop randomly volunteering how many nights per week they make love.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, Nysha said:

I'm glad Jill is making progress in her social life, but her recipes are still 100% Duggar Disasters. However, inspired by @galaxychaser's generosity in sharing her dear family recipes, here is mine for enchiladas.

1 bag of beef and cheese frozen burritos, thawed
1-8oz bag of shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 large can of Walmart-brand enchilada sauce

1. Dump enough enchilada sauce in a glass flat-bottom casserole dish to cover the bottom.

2. Lay the burritos on the sauce.

3. Dump the the rest of the sauce on the burritos.

4. Dump the cheese on top.

5. Microwave for 5-10 minutes or until the burritos are cooked through. Test by sticking your finger into the middle burrito. Serve that one to the child who has annoyed you the most that day.

6. Serve with bagged salad, salsa, sliced olives, and sour cream.

Reading through this, it might be too complicated for Jill right now. 

Extra credit for opening a bagged salad and dumping into a bowl! Do Duggar’s do anything extra? 

• LOL 2
(edited)
27 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

Why does anyone think the public is owed any information on the Dillards, or any of the other Duggars/adjacents? Derick can stretch the truth as much as he wants.  These adults get to choose what and how much they share. Isn't it enough that the Duggar brood's privacy was sold by their father? Derick and Jill are former tv personalities. Just because people want to know does not mean they're under any obligation to disclose anything about their finances, their children's births or their fertility. They can tease all they want, withhold what they want, spin what they want. Their audience is not entitled to anything. Don't like it, don't follow. 

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion here, where we can collate all the info in various media, their show/books, speculate wildly and deep-dive into public records. It's fun and interesting for me because their world is so foreign and I find religion fascinating (and weird, no offense intended), but they owe us nothing. 

I agree with your point, though I don't think people speculating means they think they're owed information. If you put limited information out there about your life, including that you were financially screwed over by your FIL and a television network, and yet claim to be debt free while owning a home and going to law school (ETA: ON TOP OF HAVING STARTED A SKETCHY CHARITY)...people are going to do the math. And they're going to wonder and assume you're lying about something. Frankly, in light of how terrible Derick is as a human being, his lying to internet strangers about his finances doesn't bother me; and I always thinks it's weird as hell when people directly ask him or any social media personality questions like this; but those questions are the logical end-result of offering limited information to strangers on the internet in the first place.

Edited by lascuba
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20

I'd also like to add that yes people are entitled to put whatever they want to out on social media, but it's a two-way street, and other people are absolutely entitled to judge whatever is put out there for public consumption. And judging Derick for telling obvious lies when he claims to be a Christian is very valid. 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Zella said:

Ordinarily, I'm all for respecting people's privacy about their finances, but Derick is the dumbass who made it fair game by ranting and raving about his contract that he suddenly didn't have, making conflicting claims about how he was paid, being less-than-transparent about money that was donated to them, and making accusations about other people's finances. And to be fair to him, I'm sure a lot of what he says about Jim Bob has merit, but I don't think he's just the innocent wronged party that he makes himself out to be. He shit in his own hat and now has to wear it. I seriously doubt anyone would be scrutinizing his finances this heavily if he'd just kept everything private. But he didn't. That's on him. 

ITA.  If Derick had ever had treated their finances as private it would be different, but he has continually made comments about their finances.  His claims are inconsistent and contradictory.  That they worked hard and saved to afford a new house and Derick's education is just ridiculous.  What highly paid job has he had in the last five years that would provide all that in addition to their regular living expenses?  Statements like that absolutely beg for speculation and commenting on.  Derick has made their finances public so is not entitled to make it private at the same time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Suzn said:

ITA.  If Derick had ever had treated their finances as private it would be different, but he has continually made comments about their finances.  His claims are inconsistent and contradictory.  That they worked hard and saved to afford a new house and Derick's education is just ridiculous.  What highly paid job has he had in the last five years that would provide all that in addition to their regular living expenses?  Statements like that absolutely beg for speculation and commenting on.  Derick has made their finances public so is not entitled to make it private at the same time.

Bingo! His job at WM HQ could have set him up for a rather nice, secure future, but he didn't work there long. None of his other endeavors would explain it, though I strongly suspect he may have siphoned off money from their donations. He has a degree in accounting, so if he did that, it's not out of ignorance. 

His nonsense about the contract rivets me. Like, he claims there was both a contract and there was not a contract. Those 2 statements literally cannot both be true! But he just soldiers on with the lies. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 11

Derick plays games with what he discloses. He's a tease and an instigator. While he may "owe" no one anything, it's his own doings that encourage readers/viewers to try and figure things out.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Suzn said:

One could conclude that he must have received some form of compensation from JB over the years. Maybe not a regular salary--and I'm not defending JB's sketchiness AT ALL--but something like covering all housing and general living expenses, etc. Plus, SOS paid for all their housing in DA in addition to paying them, and they'd set up that "charity" that covered their travel and who knows what else. They could have saved quite a bit during the years.

40 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Derick plays games with what he discloses. He's a tease and an instigator. While he may "owe" no one anything, it's his own doings that encourage readers/viewers to try and figure things out.

I mean, it’s not like he has the looks, personality, political views, a tv show, ministry, or anything else keeping him interesting. Shit stitring is all he’s got.  People are pretty much just following at this point to see when his wife becomes a full on lesbian social justice warrior anarchist abortionist harpy from hell.  Oh yeah, and we want to see the kids break free, too.

7 minutes ago, lascuba said:

They could have saved quite a bit during the years.

I don’t think it counts as ‘saving’ money when everyone else is paying for everything. Although I suppose you could credibly argue that Jill did earn money.  And, over the course of her life, probably more than Derreck ever has. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I don’t think it counts as ‘saving’ money when everyone else is paying for everything. Although I suppose you could credibly argue that Jill did earn money.  And, over the course of her life, probably more than Derreck ever has. 

Agreed. And even if some of this is from money he got from Cathy, that doesn't match his narrative about working hard. It's still not money he's earned from work! 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Once anyone publicly asks for donations, which they have, their finances become fair game for scrutiny.

They absolutely relinquished privacy about their finances. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I think it's highly possible Jill received some money from her father when she got married. I also think it's possible Derick got some inheritance/insurance money from his dad or through his Mom. That would explain how they paid for the house.

However, how does he put food on the table without a regular paying job is a mystery to me. 

Could their social media revenue be enough to pay for all this?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I think it's highly possible Jill received some money from her father when she got married. I also think it's possible Derick got some inheritance/insurance money from his dad or through his Mom. That would explain how they paid for the house.

However, how does he put food on the table without a regular paying job is a mystery to me. 

Could their social media revenue be enough to pay for all this?

I've wondered this as well.  From what I've read, someone with Jill's number of followers could get a nice payday for posts that shill products.  When Derick or Jill posts about Grub Hub, I can't help but wonder if he really drives much for them, or if he's mostly doing some not so subtle paid advertising?  Think about how many times Grub Hub is mentioned in this forum alone.  

Any time either of them are pictured with a product, whether it's a podcast Jill supposedly listens to, or a bottle of chocolate milk best-hubby-ever brings her, it could easily be a paid advertisement that brings in money.  I tend to think of them as wanna be influencers, but on several other forums people have speculated that they already are at least fairly well paid by several advertisers.

• Useful 6

I pretty much don't really care how they paid for their house.

I just found it interesting they owned the lot since 2015.

I find it equally interesting Joy and Austin are on or own property they got from the JB and michelle trust on a quit claim. a piece of property adjacent to a bunch of JB and Michelle trust property.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I mean, it’s not like he has the looks, personality, political views, a tv show, ministry, or anything else keeping him interesting. Shit stitring is all he’s got.  People are pretty much just following at this point to see when his wife becomes a full on lesbian social justice warrior anarchist abortionist harpy from hell.  Oh yeah, and we want to see the kids break free, too.

Absolutely. That's what's so annoying about his talk about money...the reason he could save so much is because his expenses were artificially low due to JB subsidizing him up until fairly recently.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Here’s the video of the Duggars in Japan eating a traditional Japanese breakfast. Nobody seemed to care for it except Jordyn! She was 3 years old and eating those oysters like it was nothing! 🙂

But in Jill’s defense she does seem to be pretty open to a lot of different foods. She’s made some Nepali dishes and taken the kids to Nepali restaurants. 

Edited by VioletWitch
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Moroccan? From the girl who's family acted all snooty in an Ethiopian restaurant?

Jer and Jingle’s Podcast talk about Africa like it is a single country.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

There's no way they are earning enough money from YouTube to support the family.  It might afford them groceries or gas for the month, but that's about it.  They have managed to amass 34.3K subscribers on their channel in a little over two years, but channel creators are paid for views (and AdSense) not sub count.  While it needs to be taken with a grain of salt, their Social Blade profile does give quite a bit of info on their channel.

Edited by sixlets
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Moroccan? From the girl who's family acted all snooty in an Ethiopian restaurant?

Maybe she's expanding her culinary horizons. Except it's still beige. 🤦‍♀️

• LOL 3

Looks like product placement to me.  Why else would she display shiny new bottles with the name brand prominently on display?  I could be wrong, but it certainly looks like she's shilling for an organic spice company under the guise of sharing a recipe.

• Love 18
(edited)

I think to shill on IG, a poster must identify the post is an ad. I'm guessing some IG posters place products in their posts in hopes of being picked up by a company though.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

At least she gave credit for the recipe.

But not the photo. 

Based on all the other photos of food she's posted, I doubt she took that one. It's too artfully composed.

• Love 2
Just now, scriggle said:

But not the photo. 

Based on all the other photos of food she's posted, I doubt she took that one. It's too artfully composed.

That's what I was thinking too. 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

2 videos:

WTF?  Why do we care?  Haven't we all seen this on TV a million times?  Is she sick or did she do this just for the clickbait?  She already tested negative the week before but decided she needed another test anyway?  Why?

Why does she think that having a random rash on her arms is a symptom?  Why did she bring her kids in the backseat?  She said she had been tested before, surely she knew that getting the test would make send her into a coughing fit.  Way to protect your kids, Jill!  

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

WTF?  Why do we care?  Haven't we all seen this on TV a million times?  Is she sick or did she do this just for the clickbait?  She already tested negative the week before but decided she needed another test anyway?  Why?

Why does she think that having a random rash on her arms is a symptom?  Why did she bring her kids in the backseat?  She said she had been tested before, surely she knew that getting the test would make send her into a coughing fit.  Way to protect your kids, Jill!  

Why waste a test and the tester's time if you just had a test the week before and the only symptom you have is a rash.  Do they think Covid-19 tests are like pregnancy tests, to be taken every day?

• LOL 9
  • Love 11
21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I haven't listened to Jill's post.

This is her second test? And who is ordering the tests for her?

I know in my state the test doesn't have to be ordered by anyone and our governor is asking people to be tested for antibodies/symptoms so we have better idea of who is infected/immune, etc. A friend of mine is sure she had it even though she tested negative. The ER doctor who treated my friend for her symptoms said that she had it, even without a positive test. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I know in my state the test doesn't have to be ordered by anyone and our governor is asking people to be tested for antibodies/symptoms so we have better idea of who is infected/immune, etc. A friend of mine is sure she had it even though she tested negative. The ER doctor who treated my friend for her symptoms said that she had it, even without a positive test. 

For a diagnostic test in my state, you need to have symptoms and a doctor's orders. Not that it matters because anyone could just make it up.

No one is really pushing the antibody test in my state. I'm guessing it's because the tests are very unreliable. 

I wonder if in AR anyone can test? I'm guessing they don't encourage multiple tests every few weeks though. There still is shortages with tests and testing equipment throughout the US.

• Love 4

We've moved into free testing for all.  The only gating requirement is one has to make an appointment. 

Are they in Washington County?  It looks similar:

Free Drive-Thru Testing Monday, May 30, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Washington County Health Unit
3270 N Wimberly, Fayetteville

•Free
•Everyone that would like a test, will be tested
•No screening or symptoms criteria required
•No appointment needed

For more information, visit www.healthyarkansas.gov.

• Useful 9
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

We've moved into free testing for all.  The only gating requirement is one has to make an appointment. 

Are they in Washington County?  It looks similar:

same here in my area of michigan - anyone can be tested anytime. you just have to drive up.

but really if you watch this video of Jill being tested turn up the sound and look away from the screen - Izzy is saying a lot and other than "same like the rash on his arm" i missed most of it

• Love 3

From reading the news, I thought that you can have several negative test results before a positive 

I’ve read of several positive cases that were in isolation that tested negative before testing positive 

Maybe she was recommended to get retested?

Anyone can go to a testing site where I am and get tested, but I’m not in the US so I don’t know if it’s different 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Can confirm you don't need a doctor's note or referral to get tested in Arkansas. At first, we had very stringent testing requirements, but now, most counties have drive-through testing. You don't need to have symptoms to go or a proven contact with someone infected. I have several coworkers who went to get tested just to be tested. They said it was pretty quick and easy. Cases are absolutely skyrocketing in the Benton/Washington Counties area. Like, they're about 20% of the total numbers for Arkansas, and they are increasing rapidly. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4