Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I wonder which TLC producer wrote that

David Waller wrote it. The book's initial pages mention "additional writing" by Charlie Richards and David Waller.

Charlie Richards is a very experienced ghostwriter, who's written for many big Christian names as well as for other people. That being the case, he did all the actual writing. The putting it into words that a big-name publisher would be willing to sell. 

When it comes to the actual material in the book, though, most of it is regurgitated straight from Gothard materials, often including the little "stories" about things that supposedly happened to the girls and the Duggar kids. Sometimes you can see actual stories about the family woven around Gothard "principles' and "concepts." Other times, though, even the stories are things that are either written in Gothard literature or are often repeated by other alums of Gothard programs. 

David W contributed all of that stuff. He was obviously brought in to make sure that the book is a pro-Gothard tract, completely designed to attract more people, especially young people, to Gothard's organizations.....not really a story of the Duggar girls at all. The girls clearly had very little to do with creating the book,  except probably telling the two guys about some things that have happened to them so David could decide which of the girls' stories were good Gothard material and manipulate them to sell exactly the right thing.

The girls and "their" book, like the show, were originally intended by their parents and the rest of the Gothard crew to be bait to bring more people into Gothard's organizations. (and along with those people, more money for all of them.) It didn't work very well. However, people at Gothard headquarters have been quoted as saying that  most of the new members they've attracted in the time 19 Kids was on did report being attracted because of the Duggars. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

When it comes to the actual material in the book, though, most of it is regurgitated straight from Gothard materials, often including the little "stories" about things that supposedly happened to the girls and the Duggar kids. Sometimes you can see actual stories about the family woven around Gothard "principles' and "concepts." Other times, though, even the stories are things that are either written in Gothard literature or are often repeated by other alums of Gothard programs. 

Wow, so the anecdotes are just repackaged Gothars BS, too? Do you remember which anecdotes/precepts? I’m not familiar enough with either the book or Gothard to know, but that’s very interesting 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

40 hours is nearly two entire days. Do hospitals usually have a woman laboring that long before intervening?

Depends on the circumstances.  I seem to recall the Duggars seem to start timing 'labor' from the time the water breaks but that isn't how it is defined.

There is usual a period of time before active labor starts where a woman is having stronger contractions, they can even be less than 5 minutes apart.  Her water might've broken, she could have bloody show, increased mucus discharge.  This can last anywhere from 0-24 hours and still be considered normal.  During this time, the cervix thins out and maybe the baby's head drops further into the pelvis; but there is no change or only small changes in dilation of the cervix.  This is prodromal or latent labor and it technically doesn't count towards the total.  You will remember that Jill's 70 hours of labor with Israel started with her water breaking and I believe she was out and about getting a pedicure and dining in a restaurant while in 'labor'.

Active labor has been redefined over the past decade or so.  It is now defined as 6 cm of dilation with strong, hard, regular contractions.  We used to define active labor at 4 cm, research shows that is too soon.  Active labor in a woman who has never delivered vaginally is usually 12-16 hours.  We have also redefined the amount of time with no cervical change before we recommend a cesarean for failure to progress in active labor.  Once again, the woman must be dilated 6 cm or more and then, there has to be 6 hours of NO progress with documented adequate contractions.  Obviously, this depends on both mom and baby being in good shape the whole time and also that it is possible to get adequate contractions.  Sometimes, especially in older moms, you can use a ton of pitocin and still not get a good labor pattern.

In short, Jill could've been in labor for 40 hours based on Duggar labor logic.  I doubt she spent more than a fraction of that time in the hospital.  Most likely, she stayed home as long as possible to see what would happen and it was only once she realized things were going awry and she saw the writing on the wall that she went to labor and delivery.  I've run into more than a few couples who wanted 'natural' births and had even considered a home birth but then claimed they wanted the hospital; stay home as long as possible in hopes of an 'oops, we accidentally had the baby at home' moment.   I could see Jill hoping for that.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 8
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

BIG steps considering this is what the sisters wrote in Growing Up Duggar: 

“Our family does not support the idea of Christians adopting this type of music or putting “Christian Words” to it and bringing it to the Church, because the underlying message of the music is still the same, and we believe that the combination of the two sends a mixed message. Our God is not the author of confusion but of order, and our lives and even our music should be a reflection of that. We have found that classical music and traditional hymns usually follow a pattern and maintain a very distinct and definite order, and over the years Mom and Dad have encouraged us to pursue those types of music.”

Apparently they’re unaware that the vast majority of popular music follows boring established patterns (AABA, for example) and uses about 3 chords. Not terribly disorderly.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, rue721 said:

Wow, so the anecdotes are just repackaged Gothars BS, too? Do you remember which anecdotes/precepts? I’m not familiar enough with either the book or Gothard to know, but that’s very interesting 

I used to have a list in my head but it's kind of dropped out of reach! Now that I've thought of it again, some details may surface. If they do, I'll report back!

30 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Apparently they’re unaware that the vast majority of popular music follows boring established patterns (AABA, for example) and uses about 3 chords. Not terribly disorderly.

Incredibly stodgy old fart Bill Gothard made all this up. And he probably knows and approves about five pieces of music -- all 19th-century hymn tunes -- tops. So.....Anything that's not those hymns -- disorderly!!!!

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I used to have a list in my head but it's kind of dropped out of reach! Now that I've thought of it again, some details may surface. If they do, I'll report back!

Incredibly stodgy old fart Bill Gothard made all this up. And he probably knows and approves about five pieces of music -- all 19th-century hymn tunes -- tops. So.....Anything that's not those hymns -- disorderly!!!!

I think Bill also made a vow to God never to see a movie in his life, and kept it.  Because holiness. Jill certainly broke that one, too.

(edited)
47 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I remember a story about feeling out of place at a birthday party. From Jill or Jessa's POV. There was a stupid lesson about finding your confidence in Jesus. 

Yeah, I remember that one, too, come to think of it.

It was a birthday party at which all the other girls had supposedly seen some new movie that was very questionable in morals and way beyond the pale.....And whichever Duggar or Duggars was/were there, learned that feeling left out was a small price to pay for shielding yourself from how horrible and tempting-to-the-devil it is as a teenager if you watch a movie in which a couple of teenagers hold hands and like it, or something....

Now, as we know, the Duggar girls would never ever ever have been at a birthday party where all the other girls had seen some romantic movie.

The Duggar girls seldom socialized with other people at all, and when they did, they saw only other extreme fundies or, more often, just other Gothardites. The story simply did not happen.

This is a story aimed directly at Gothard prospects -- families and, especially, parents who are very conservative but currently live in the real world and are scared to death their kids will get some kind of ideas.....and who would love to find a group of super-sheltered people like the Gothard crowd to hide their kids away in.....

It's totally in the mold of the propaganda Gothard and company have used to attract neurotically fearful parents into their group. But it has no relationship to anything the Duggar girls ever did in real life. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, LilJen said:

Ha, I just learned that while doing music lessons with my middle schooler!  I guess gothard and the Duggars never got that far!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, rue721 said:

Look up Growing up Duggar on Amazon, there are excerpts of some stories in the description 

Here’s a run through summary of Chapter 1 that I found on FJ: 

Chapter one starts with Jill. When the kids were younger, Jim Bob and Michelle asked how many rooms they wanted. They said they all wanted to be together, and two rooms were made. Jana and Jill have double beds that they share with Jordyn and Josie. The other girls sleep on twin beds or youth beds. One night, when Johannah was five or six, Jill was taking out her retainer and Johannah asked what it was. Jill told her, and Johannah asked if she could wear it. Jill says "We Duggars love to share a lot, but thankfully dental appliances aren't among them." She told Johannah it wouldn't fit her mouth and they went to bed.

Jill starts to talk about how she used to not feel pretty. She was getting ready for church, and tried to measure up to all the other girls. She had the perfect outfit picked out until she saw Jessa. Jessa looked so pretty and cute! So Jill tried to change her outfit, and wound up making everyone late for church.

Next, Jessa talks. She says she used to not care about what she wore or how she looked, until she was 12 or 13. She went to a birthday party, tried to look cute. The birthday girl liked her friends outfit, Jessa felt bad. Then she felt out of place because she didn't know the movies the other girls had seen, or any of the TV they watched. Jim Bob and Michelle found out, and helped her reevaluate the friendship. (Code for made me stop being their friend?) She wasn't glorifying God enough.She gave her friend too much power by letting the way she looked dictate Jessa's thoughts and feelings about herself.

Jessa tells us about the 10 Unchangables taught to them by a "Bible teacher" Jessa thinks God was sad when He saw how Jessa didn't appreciate her features. If we are upset with the girl in the mirror, we are upset with God for how he created us. And that is bad.

Then the talk about an Italian friend who's mother gave her a check to get her nose deducted, which was the family tradition once you were an adult. She surprised her mom by saying no.

There are some things you can change. The oldest girls have a tendency to put on weigHt. Over the years Michelle has always tried to feed the kids healthy nutritious food.  She keeps fresh fruits and veggies on hand from their garden or from the farmers. They only eat grass fed beef and lean poultry, no pork.  They don't drink lots of soda nor do they eat processed foods like pop tarts.  All of the kids play sports (at their house. They have enough people for two teams.)

The reason Josh gained so much weight was because he stopped watching his intake of soda and sweet tea because he was soooo busy. He cut the drinks, drank water and lost allthe weight.

Michelle gained 40 pounds being pregnant all the time. She tried lots of programs, before finding weight watchers. She walks three miles a day on her elliptical too.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

An interesting recap of Chapter 2, also on FJ...

When Jinger was 5, a big storm came in and hit. Michelle and Mary huddled the kids in the bath tub, prayed and sang songs. The tornado hit the next neighborhood over. From then on, Jinger was scared. She woke her parents scared a tornado was going to hit and kill them all. Or her parents, leaving the kids to fend for themselves. They cuddled her, pulled out scripture, And pray with her.

When she grew out of her fear of storms, she was 13, and had a new bump in the road. She was worried about being ugly and never getting a boyfriend. She would tell her mom. Her dad told her if she kept talking, she would be okay. Michelle reminded her that Jesus quoted scripture when he was being tempted, and told her to make someone a prayer target when the devil started lying or making a boy consume her thoughts. Finally, Michelle had Jana talk to Jinger. Jana shared her heart, and Jinger realized she wasn't alone.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

So in the first two chapters of their book the lessons are if you're feeling insecure with yourself, the solutions are, God, God, God, Jana, God and Weight Watchers. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 5

Didn't we speculate that the Dillards bought their home from a Christian builder who 'sells' the property on a pay as you go basis? Why would Cathy's name and address appear on their property record at all? It this home is paid for already, I believe Derick and Dan's grandparents' inheritance passed directly to them, half each since their father pre-deceased their grandparents. This would explain it being paid for in cash, if this is so.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Didn't we speculate that the Dillards bought their home from a Christian builder who 'sells' the property on a pay as you go basis? Why would Cathy's name and address appear on their property record at all? It this home is paid for already, I believe Derick and Dan's grandparents' inheritance passed directly to them, half each since their father pre-deceased their grandparents. This would explain it being paid for in cash, if this is so.

Cathy's name appears on the lot taxes for years 2015, 2016 and 2017. Also in 2015 they paid their taxes late and paid a penalty.

my sister teaches the Dave Ramsey courses at her church - I asked her the how do young people get a home without a mortgage. she told me and now I can't remember her wording - they get a loan somehow in many cases, but it is called something else. Is anyone else here familiar with the Dave Ramsey program as far as mortgages?

I will ask her again next time I talk to her, but our conversations are infrequent.

• Useful 3
24 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Cathy's name appears on the lot taxes for years 2015, 2016 and 2017. Also in 2015 they paid their taxes late and paid a penalty.

my sister teaches the Dave Ramsey courses at her church - I asked her the how do young people get a home without a mortgage. she told me and now I can't remember her wording - they get a loan somehow in many cases, but it is called something else. Is anyone else here familiar with the Dave Ramsey program as far as mortgages?

I will ask her again next time I talk to her, but our conversations are infrequent.

The Dave Ramsey program is fine with mortgages on your primary residence as long as you put 10% down, the payment is less than 25% of your take home pay and you don’t use your regular emergency fund for the down payment. 
If you don’t have a credit score, manual underwriting would be required.

Perhaps Cathy Co-signed for them and then took her name off the property after a few years. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

She had the perfect outfit picked out until she saw Jessa. Jessa looked so pretty and cute! So Jill tried to change her outfit, and wound up making everyone late for church.

Now Jill actually has cut her hair and dresses more "revealing" , while Jessa still has that hideous hair and dresses like a frump. I'd like to say the tables have turned..

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
8 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

The Dave Ramsey program is fine with mortgages on your primary residence as long as you put 10% down, the payment is less than 25% of your take home pay and you don’t use your regular emergency fund for the down payment. 
If you don’t have a credit score, manual underwriting would be required.

Perhaps Cathy Co-signed for them and then took her name off the property after a few years. 

They were in Danger America in 2015. It appears that Cathy owns/ed the lot before the house went up on it.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

Over the years Michelle has always tried to feed the kids healthy nutritious food.  She keeps fresh fruits and veggies on hand from their garden or from the farmers. They only eat grass fed beef and lean poultry, no pork.  They don't drink lots of soda nor do they eat processed foods like pop tarts. 

They didn’t have a garden for quite some time. I supposed to clean all their food comes from farmers. Bullshit on the grass fed beef and poultry. I’m surprised lightning didn’t come down and strike the book about processed foods. Just look at Jessa’s recent ‘pizza’ recipie.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, Madtown said:

Now Jill actually has cut her hair and dresses more "revealing" , while Jessa still has that hideous hair and dresses like a frump. I'd like to say the tables have turned..

Especially the ugly mustard cardigan Jessa loves. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, floridamom said:

When did Derick's paternal grandmother die? 

I try looking up information about the family. I found obits for Derick's father and his grandfather, but not the grandmother. Derick's father had a brother, so any inheritance would have been split at least three ways between Dan, Derick and their uncle (who has a family of his own*)". This would all be assuming that money was left to only immediate family members.  His grandfather was a principal, which pays relatively well, but probably not enough for an inheritance Derick to buy a house on. 

*I'm not putting the names of Derick's uncle and his children in here, because it seems a little invasive. These people are private people, who happen to be related to Derick. 

• Love 5

I'm real curious to how the Dillards came up with their down payment. It could be from an inheritance, although I'm unsure how likely that is. I think other than a home and maybe a life insurance policy, the average person doesn't die with oodles of money in the bank.  

• Useful 4

I could look up the public property record in Arkansas if I knew what they call the property appraiser's office in Arkansas. The history of property ownership should be right there on the record, deed to deed. I believe Cathy owned this lot if her name appeared anywhere on the records and paid the taxes on it. Really, Derick should say how they qualified and purchased this house...he doesn't have to give any specific numbers of invasive information..just the general facts of how to buy a house with no job the way he did. It could benefit many readers here....but they won't. I think Derick's paternal grandmother passed away about a year ago. There were posts about it. If his grandfather worked for the school system, he had a good pension coming in for the rest of his life.. Most school systems worked like that. Yes, Dan and Derick would receive half each of the assets after their uncle received his full 50%.

• Love 1

Benton County Property Records

Filed/Sold/Price/Grantor/Grantee/BookPage/Deed Type

4/17/2019 4/17/2019  $188,000  RAUSCH COLEMAN LAKEWOOD LLC   DILLARD, DERICK & JILL L 2019  18042 WD(WARRANTY DEED)

8/15/2018 8/15/2018 $1,925,000 LAKEWOOD HOLDINGS LLC  RAUSCH COLEMAN LAKEWOOD LLC (50PC)L201842781WD(WARRANTY DEED)

the other information was from the benton county tax records for the same address - I didn't realize firefox pop up blocker was blocking some of the info there. I think they were just using Cathy's address as the address for the county to send the tax bill.  derick and Jill are listed as the property owners every time and cathy is listed under property address. jill and derick have paid taxes on that lot since 2015

• Useful 5
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't see how putting sauce and shredded mozzarella on a tortilla constitutes a "recipe." 😁

Next recipe will be how to make nachos 🤣. My recipe they can borrow:

1. Dump chips into a bowl 

2. Sprinkle some cheese 

3. microwave for 1 minute 

4. dump salsa and sour cream on top

5. Enjoy 😉 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

2. Sprinkle some cheese 

5. Enjoy 😉 

2. Sprinkle  Dump some cheese. FIFY 😉

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

My guess they grifted the $ for the house. Or a settlement of some kind.

I actually asked him on IG once and he responded that it wasn’t a gift, that they worked hard, saved up, and made wise financial decisions in order to pay for it. 😂

• LOL 18
(edited)
4 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

2. Sprinkle some cheese 

5. Enjoy 😉 

6. Big green salad.

28 minutes ago, awaken said:

I actually asked him on IG once and he responded that it wasn’t a gift, that they worked hard, saved up, and made wise financial decisions in order to pay for it. 😂

Yet he complains about having to pay medical bills. He claimed to pay those off in a year, too. Just HOW MUCH money does Derick make?

Edited by JoanArc
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, JoanArc said:Yet he complains about having to pay medical bills. He claimed to pay those off in a year, too. Just HOW MUCGH money does Derick make?

Clearly, being in law school and driving for grub hub are very lucrative!  👍🏼

• LOL 23
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, awaken said:

Liar liar pants on fire. None of the Duggar’s or anyone associated with them ever tells the truth

• Love 11
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Maybe Jim Bob gave them a payout when he wrote Jill off the family tree.

He might’ve given Jill her “share” and let her go about her merry little way. She spent years as the mouthpiece for them on that show. I hope she got something for it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

My guess they grifted the $ for the house. Or a settlement of some kind.

The only settlement that I can think of is if Derick sued the doc who botched his oral surgery.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

The only settlement that I can think of is if Derick sued the doc who botched his oral surgery.

I'm pretty sure that Derelict said he didn't sue.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I'm glad Jill is making progress in her social life, but her recipes are still 100% Duggar Disasters. However, inspired by @galaxychaser's generosity in sharing her dear family recipes, here is mine for enchiladas.

1 bag of beef and cheese frozen burritos, thawed
1-8oz bag of shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 large can of Walmart-brand enchilada sauce

1. Dump enough enchilada sauce in a glass flat-bottom casserole dish to cover the bottom.

2. Lay the burritos on the sauce.

3. Dump the the rest of the sauce on the burritos.

4. Dump the cheese on top.

5. Microwave for 5-10 minutes or until the burritos are cooked through. Test by sticking your finger into the middle burrito. Serve that one to the child who has annoyed you the most that day.

6. Serve with bagged salad, salsa, sliced olives, and sour cream.

Reading through this, it might be too complicated for Jill right now. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 3
On 6/5/2020 at 2:46 PM, crazy8s said:

not sure if the have a mortgage, but they have paid taxes on that lot from 2015

DILLARD DERICK & JILL
************ AVE
LOWELL, AR 72745

Parcel/PPAN:5229027

Tax Year:2015

Property Type: Personal

Owner Name: DILLARD DERICK & JILL

Property Addess :% CATHY BYRUM

This makes it look like Cathy is a percentage owner of the property. I wonder if that’s true...

3 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

This makes it look like Cathy is a percentage owner of the property. I wonder if that’s true...

How much credit could Jill and Derick have had in 2015?  Maybe they needed a co-signer on the loan and Cathy stepped up.  Not unusual for someone getting their first mortgage.

6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm pretty sure that Derelict said he didn't sue.

Derick is known to stretch the truth.  If there was true malpractice at his oral surgery, something egregious, all he'd need to do was get a lawyer to threaten a suit, and, if things were that obvious, the dentist's insurance company might've offered a settlement right then and there.  Technically, he didn't file a suit, just threatened one.  I've seen it happen in cases where something really terrible happened and there was no way to avoid a payout.

Although Derick clearly got a bad result from his oral surgery, it doesn't mean there was malpractice.  There is always a possibility that any surgery could have a bad result, even if everything is done by the book.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Why does anyone think the public is owed any information on the Dillards, or any of the other Duggars/adjacents? Derick can stretch the truth as much as he wants.  These adults get to choose what and how much they share. Isn't it enough that the Duggar brood's privacy was sold by their father? Derick and Jill are former tv personalities. Just because people want to know does not mean they're under any obligation to disclose anything about their finances, their children's births or their fertility. They can tease all they want, withhold what they want, spin what they want. Their audience is not entitled to anything. Don't like it, don't follow. 

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion here, where we can collate all the info in various media, their show/books, speculate wildly and deep-dive into public records. It's fun and interesting for me because their world is so foreign and I find religion fascinating (and weird, no offense intended), but they owe us nothing. 

Edited by mimionthebeach
Because it's not time to eat grandma, it's time to eat, grandma.
  • Love 18