Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Nothing about Jesus, nothing about all lives matter. I'm impressed for now. 

I am also impressed that she appropriately tagged the "artist."  Artist is in quotes because while I think the white chick in question painted that herself she was definitely inspired by someone else.  

• Love 9

That’s a secular podcast that Jill is listening to. Baby steps.

Maybe she could find the meaning of happiness by experiencing some other emotions. Happiness doesn’t mean much when it’s your only default. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Reddit informed me that that podcast is science based so she continues to impress me with what she's doing. 

She’s desperate enough to try science, anyway.

1 hour ago, VioletWitch said:

9 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Jill is living her best life right now.  She took the boys out by herself, without a man or a chaperone in sight.  She didn’t sit at home and wait for Derrick to get back.  Sleeveless shirt, windows down, sunroof open, radio blaring (a Christian music station but STILL).  When is the last time any of her sisters went out unattended, without  a husband, brother, or another sister attached at the hip?  Maybe this past week is wreaking havoc on my brain but go Jill, go! 

Yes. It seems like a normal fun summer activity to do with your kids. The are just hanging out, spending time together, having fun. I can believe Jill is REALLY truly happy the afternoon those were taken. 

Israel is starting to look like Derek. 

• Love 22
(edited)

BIG steps considering this is what the sisters wrote in Growing Up Duggar: 

“Our family does not support the idea of Christians adopting this type of music or putting “Christian Words” to it and bringing it to the Church, because the underlying message of the music is still the same, and we believe that the combination of the two sends a mixed message. Our God is not the author of confusion but of order, and our lives and even our music should be a reflection of that. We have found that classical music and traditional hymns usually follow a pattern and maintain a very distinct and definite order, and over the years Mom and Dad have encouraged us to pursue those types of music.”

Edited by VioletWitch
  • Useful 8
1 hour ago, VioletWitch said:

Jill has definitely come a long way since she's been away from the compound and JimSlob. I'm really impressed with her lately. Little steps still get you to where you're going. And I'm still stunned she's not pregnant again. I really think something happened with Sam and she can't have anymore. 

• Love 18

I’m not ready to assign saviorhood to Derreck, but I’m glad Jill looks a bit happier. The boys certainly do, too.  Hopefully Israel isn’t being talked to like he is an annoyance any longer. I think that was one of the worst things I’ve seen any Duggar do to their kids.  It’s not like you could blame the sheer volume of kids like her parents could. 

I wonder if the upcoming book is really written by Jill. That would make more sense than having Derreck just whine about the past few years. Finding out why she is getting therapy, or at least suddenly growing as a person is much more interesting then anything else they could sell, and would move the most books both inside and out of their little world. 

• Love 16

I liked in the one post she was listening to something she wanted to hear, while doing something nice for the boys. fixing their stuffed friends and seemingly happy to be doing that.

there has been a big shift in the tone of her posts it seems.

she seems less everything is so hard, to now more relaxed enjoying life type pics

should Derick have an internship this summer that involves him going an office, and if he eventually gets a real job, it seems Jill is in a much better place to handle that now.

• Love 18
(edited)
8 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Jill has definitely come a long way since she's been away from the compound and JimSlob. I'm really impressed with her lately. Little steps still get you to where you're going. And I'm still stunned she's not pregnant again. I really think something happened with Sam and she can't have anymore. 

I think Derrick put the stop on the baby train. He’s not from not a quiverfull family and he probably realized that having kids is a lot of work and costs money. They may have one or two later on, but they may wait after he finishes law school.

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Useful 1
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I don't know if she can't have any more kids, but I do think Sam's birth was a turning point for Jill in a lot of ways.  It seems that discussion over filming Sam's birth as well as Derick's demand that TLC pay the medical bills for Israel's delivery, and probably Sam's; was a big part of the rupture of their relationship with both Jim Bob and TLC.  If nothing else, Derick started questioning the money stream.  It could be that, after accepting JB's version, that they were unpaid volunteers, Derick found out otherwise when he asked TLC to help with their medical bills and it spiraled from there.

For Jill, I think it was a real shock to her system that she had attempted homebirth for a second time and failed again.  Being a midwife and doing homebirths was a big part of Jill's identity within her family and that foundation was shaken deeply.  Recall also that Sam had some sort of medical issues at delivery and was in the NICU for a number of days.  Jill's faith in herself as a mother and as a midwife, not to mention her belief in homebirths must've been shattered when her baby suffered at least in part due her choices.  Finally, women who suffer traumatic births are far more likely to experience postpartum depression and I wouldn't be surprised if Jill did, too.  It may have been part of the impetus to seek counseling, especially as she lost her family for the most part right at the same time and had mainly just Derick to help and support her.  

Now that Jill has sought and received counseling and seems to be in a far better place emotionally, I could see her deciding all on her own, that she is going to use birth control and space their kids or perhaps even be finished with 2, that quiverfull is baloney and not in her best interest or her family's.

I agree with much of this. I think it was a real shock to Jill that she needed a second c-section. However it was never confirmed that she attempted a second homebirth. 

1 minute ago, Temperance said:

I agree with much of this. I think it was a real shock to Jill that she needed a second c-section. However it was never confirmed that she attempted a second homebirth. 

Derick did in a post that he removed quickly.  She labored at home for a number of hours that I can't remember (70?) before they went to the hospital.  I remember it as being super, super risky at the time.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Derick did in a post that he removed quickly.  She labored at home for a number of hours that I can't remember (70?) before they went to the hospital.  I remember it as being super, super risky at the time.

No He said she labored for 40 hours before the c-section. He never said where she was. That could have been in the hospital. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

“Our family does not support the idea of Christians adopting this type of music or putting “Christian Words” to it and bringing it to the Church, because the underlying message of the music is still the same, and we believe that the combination of the two sends a mixed message. Our God is not the author of confusion but of order, and our lives and even our music should be a reflection of that. We have found that classical music and traditional hymns usually follow a pattern and maintain a very distinct and definite order, and over the years Mom and Dad have encouraged us to pursue those types of music.”

I wonder which TLC producer wrote that

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I wonder which TLC producer wrote that

David Waller ghostwrote their book. So, IBLP/Gothard, not TLC.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

If Jill EVER writes a truly real and honest book about her life and her parents' rules and beliefs she and Derick may very well be able to pay off their home mortgage.

I thought, according to Derreck, there was no mortgage for this house and it’s already paid for. It’s part of the ultra top-secret financial stuff that is supposed to come out with the tell all book. 

• Useful 1
13 minutes ago, Temperance said:

No He said she labored for 40 hours before the c-section. He never said where she was. That could have been in the hospital. 

40 hours is nearly two entire days. Do hospitals usually have a woman laboring that long before intervening?

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Not if the doctor and hospital employees had any sense and followed standard medical practice.  The kid was malpositioned just like his brother and they wouldn't allow a trial of labor that long even for a well positioned fetus.  I was pretty sure something gave it up that she labored at home.  Sorry it's been too long.

5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

40 hours is nearly two entire days. Do hospitals usually have a woman laboring that long before intervening?

Not normally and especially not with a trial of labor for a VBAC.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It's hard to say. The Duggars and a lot of other people I know count inactive labor (when the contractions start , but before the pushing begins).  It seems very like that Jill spent early stages of labor at home. I also think that Jill would have been reluctant to give up her VBAC. A lot of it depends on the patient. Most hospitals won't do a c-section against patient's will. 

1 minute ago, Absolom said:

Not if the doctor and hospital employees had any sense and followed standard medical practice.  The kid was malpositioned just like his brother and they wouldn't allow a trial of labor that long even for a well positioned fetus.  I was pretty sure something gave it up that she labored at home.  Sorry it's been too long.

See above. Also I have no idea what position Sam was in. I don't think he was breech or transverse baby, there's no evidence of that. 

3 minutes ago, Temperance said:

It's hard to say. The Duggars and a lot of other people I know count inactive labor (when the contractions start , but before the pushing begins).  It seems very like that Jill spent early stages of labor at home. I also think that Jill would have been reluctant to give up her VBAC. A lot of it depends on the patient. Most hospitals won't do a c-section against patient's will. 

Active labor is stage one and is when the contractions are steady, regular, and productive. Pushing is actually stage two and comes after active labor.  Stage three is the afterbirth.  That's all unless things have changed in the last 5 to 8 years.  Hospitals can't do a c-section without consent.  Sometimes it takes a lot to convince some patients.  I'm sure Jill would have held out hope longer than she should have and that could have been why Sam spent two weeks in the NICU.  If I were Derick after seeing those two births, I wouldn't be cooperating in her doing it a third time. 

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I thought, according to Derreck, there was no mortgage for this house and it’s already paid for. It’s part of the ultra top-secret financial stuff that is supposed to come out with the tell all book. 

not sure if the have a mortgage, but they have paid taxes on that lot from 2015

DILLARD DERICK & JILL
************ AVE
LOWELL, AR 72745

Parcel/PPAN:5229027

Tax Year:2015

Property Type: Personal

Owner Name: DILLARD DERICK & JILL

Property Addess :% CATHY BYRUM

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

Of course, David Waller actually wrote it, since he was better placed to accurately parrot the words of their master, Gothard, so the ghostwriter could get them down exactly. 😁 But it's certainly what the girls were badgered and shamed and coerced into believing. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Of course, David Waller actually wrote it, since he was better placed to accurately parrot the words of their master, Gothard, so the ghostwriter could get them down exactly. 😁 But it's certainly what the girls were badgered and shamed and coerced into believing. 

Beat you to the Waller as ghostwriter bit! 😁

• LOL 4
13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I thought they said Sam was transverse.

I did a little googling and couldn’t find that confirmed. Every article I looked at mentions a 40 hour labor which ended in a C-section but was otherwise vague. Remember, they didn’t really post a detailed account of this birth like they did with Israel’s. The only announcement, at first, was Derreck posting a picture of Sam with a bunch of wires and tubes attached to him, which got the (correct) speculation bus rolling that it was a rough birth.

• Love 3