Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Spencer Hastings said:

This is the most skin any Duggar girl has ever shown. I see her arms AND her collarbone plus some. It’s an awful jumpsuit but I like that she’s experimenting. 

4 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

Another sponsored pic 

8DC3CA17-F5A6-4C76-8C4E-21F32C331799.jpeg

Not something I would wear but good for her to keep expanding her comfort zone and wearing something that would probably make Boob and MEchelles’ heads explode.  I am rooting for her to keep breaking away and realizing that the views she was raised with can be pretty harmful to others.  Good for her if she’s continuing with counseling and hopefully being able to reclaim some of the potential that her parents did their best to smother.

• Love 21
43 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I'm glad she's experimenting and finding her style, but she has an unfortunate knack for finding clothes that add at least 30 pounds to her figure. 

Eh, she still looks normal and ok to me.

• Love 4

I can hear Stacy and Clinton screaming in my head...

Like Jill, I am busty and short-waisted. If you wear something that hangs straight down from the boobage cliff and has no waist definition, you become an freight shipping box with legs. It’s...not good. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Love that she posted this.

93EF6485-EB75-4415-B1AC-81439A264253.jpeg

“No longer a slave to fear” is from the song No Longer Slaves, a powerful song by Bethel Music. You should go to YouTube and listen to it.

• Love 5

I cheer every small victory for Jill.  I see the therapy as huge, public school as huge, even wearing what pleases you as huge.  Even with all Jill has been through, it's hard to endure scorn from your family.   A billion years later, I still have sick feelings, true physical reactions, when my mother talks to me in "the tone." 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

She has no clue. Right?

Nope. Just like that one picture with all the Duggar-ettes sucking on a pickle (oooh... I felt so dirty saying that!) They have no stinkin’ clue...

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
On 5/22/2020 at 12:42 PM, DangerousMinds said:

(Whispers) i don’t completely hate his current look. It’s odd but seems to suit him. I appreciate that he’s willing to try out different looks. Unlike the Duggar males, who never change.

Yes I agree. I like that Derick is willing to change up his appearance. 

I saw this thread is hot and thought what did these boring people do now.

I think the orange dress is the worst. The other two looks are better. The orange and the blue looks are very 90s. 

• Love 4

Yeah I'm happy for Jill. She seems to be doing what she wants. A totally radical idea in the Duggar world. I agree the clothes could fit a little better. She's a bit like Meghan Markle in having a curvy bust ... but no other curves. Meghan Markle's clothes are/were often derided as being ill-fitting too. Think it's just the way looser clothes look on women who have a big bust and no waist/hips.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Boho chic does suit Jill, but she needs to find stuff that fits her better.  I realize that the outfits she's modeling were probably free, but even with Boho stuff, the crotch shouldn't be halfway to her knees.

I agree. Boho suits Jill, but the cuts of those outfits are so boxy and unflattering. She'd look great in clothing that had a more defined shape 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I can hear Stacy and Clinton screaming in my head...

Like Jill, I am busty and short-waisted. If you wear something that hangs straight down from the boobage cliff and has no waist definition, you become an freight shipping box with legs. It’s...not good. 

I have a similar body shape and completely understand what you’re saying. If she’s comfortable in the outfit, however, more power to her.

• Love 13
(edited)
9 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Hideous.

Exactly what I said!  And she's back to the squinching into the sun pose!  Here's something I've thought about her poses.  The ones I seem to like best are where her right side is more forward (and her gums aren't showing).  When she's modeling, she pushes her left side forward, and I don't think that's her "good" side.

Edited by magpye29
right and left are not the same side
6 hours ago, sixlets said:

Use the code, but don't use her link or swipe up to purchase.  Going through her link could be one of two things:  1. it gives her a kickback of the purchase OR 2. it could just be a tracking link.  I'm personally going with 1, because Duggar.  And Jesus.

She may still get something from using her code, but it could be treated differently depending on the partnership with the company.

Like most things the Dillweeds do, it is a (legitimate, maybe) moneymaker to use their code.  When you use Jill's code (Jill20 or whatever) she gets a kickback on what was purchased (if this is like beauty "influencers" codes). I find if you google the company and codes/coupons you can find ones that aren't tied to any particular influencer. If you can't find a neutral one, I bet there are non-Duggar codes out there. But they'll definitely get a kickback and the company uses it (sometimes in conjunction with the URL link to the site) to track how their influencer is doing, and to pay them commission. How like the Dillards to find as many passive ways of generating income as possible.

• Useful 4
14 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I Love twizzlers 

I like them too, but these are the kind that have to be pulled apart before eating.  Too big just to bite down on.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill hung the I am no longer a slave to fear banner on her rear view mirror. It's posted in her stories. I couldn't upload it. 😕

823558143.gif

Shots fired. Jim Bob must be shitting himself trying to figure out how to get her back in the fold.

• LOL 22
  • Love 2
Just now, floridamom said:

Maybe the 'no fear' sign if about Covid-19 and not about how she was raised. Do we know to what this sign is referring to? Did Jill say?

It is a freebie car air freshener, given to her by the company she's shilling for.

• Love 2

I am of two minds about the puddles.  On one hand, I did that ALL the time as a kid.  On the other, ringworm is a thing that happens, ew.

Age has ruined all my fun really.

• LOL 20
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, floridamom said:

Maybe the 'no fear' sign if about Covid-19 and not about how she was raised. Do we know to what this sign is referring to? Did Jill say?

As I said in an earlier post, “I’m no longer a slave to fear” is a line in the song “No longer slaves” by Bethel Music. As Christians, we have put our faith in Jesus Christ and no longer live in fear of anything this world throws at us, including Covid 19. Not that you aren’t supposed to live smartly, but if the absolute worse happens, like losing your life, you will be in the presence of God, in a perfect world, for all of eternity. I encourage anyone to go to YouTube and listen to the words of this song. My favorite line in the song is “He split the sea so I could walk right through it”, meaning anyone is welcomed into God’s family.

• Useful 9
  • Love 7
Just now, ehall1052 said:

Romans 8:15

For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ehall1052 said:

As I said in an earlier post, “I’m no longer a slave to fear” is a line in the song “No longer slaves” by Bethel Music. As Christians, we have put our faith in Jesus Christ and no longer live in fear of anything this world throws at us, including Covid 19. Not that you aren’t supposed to live smartly, but if the absolute worse happens, like losing your life, you will be in the presence of God, in a perfect world, for all of eternity. I encourage anyone to go to YouTube and listen to the words of this song. My favorite line in the song is “He split the sea so I could walk right through it”, meaning anyone is welcomed into God’s family.

Yeah it's a bible verse and a song. Not everyone here is religious or Christian and the song may not appeal to them.  Fear is what drives fundies and fundie-lite Christians. It's certainly part of the world Jill grew up. JB and Michelle want their kids to fear God and them (JB and Michelle).  Also Bethel Music is too "worldly" for Gothard and any of his followers including JB and Michelle. It has too much of a beat. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
(edited)
On 5/23/2020 at 4:28 PM, emma675 said:

I'm glad she's experimenting and finding her style, but she has an unfortunate knack for finding clothes that add at least 30 pounds to her figure. 

I agree.  None of the outfits flatter her.  They make her look heavier than she is.  The black romper is especially hideous.

Edited by DkNNy79
  • Love 8

I think Derick is a jerk and a dweeb but I THINK he might be going through the appearance changes to make Jill more comfortable with her appearance changes. Jill is experimenting with different styles of clothing, less "modest" clothes, cutting her hair, etc. So I think Derick might be growing out his mustache and hair because some couples want to do this sort of thing together. I could see someone with Jill's rigid upbringing having a hard time doing this by herself, so she needs her "bestest hubby ever." Yay!

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

I think Derick is a jerk and a dweeb but I THINK he might be going through the appearance changes to make Jill more comfortable with her appearance changes. Jill is experimenting with different styles of clothing, less "modest" clothes, cutting her hair, etc. So I think Derick might be growing out his mustache and hair because some couples want to do this sort of thing together. I could see someone with Jill's rigid upbringing having a hard time doing this by herself, so she needs her "bestest hubby ever." Yay!

I hope you are right, but I don't think he has that much insight.

• Love 12