Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Zella said:

More bad weather forecasted for this evening, including hail up to 3 inches, 80 mph straight line wind, and possibility of tornadoes. Wonder if Jill is planning on doing another ride along. 🙄

Stay safe!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Zella said:

More bad weather forecasted for this evening, including hail up to 3 inches, 80 mph straight line wind, and possibility of tornadoes. Wonder if Jill is planning on doing another ride along. 🙄

Great value lotion's already in the glovebox.

Thanks! Definitely one of those evenings where I will be glued to the forecast

Please be safe. And...no grubhub tonight, ok?

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Great value lotion's already in the glovebox.

Please be safe. And...no grubhub tonight, ok?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm in the boonies, so even if I wanted grubhub, they wouldn't deliver to me. That's probably just as well. I don't think I could handle a Derick and Jill encounter. 😆

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Zella said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm in the boonies, so even if I wanted grubhub, they wouldn't deliver to me. That's probably just as well. I don't think I could handle a Derick and Jill encounter. 😆

“Can I have half your fries?” -Jill

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe they'll go looking for the Tinman and Scarecrow.

7 hours ago, Temperance said:

Derick has to be one of those. 

Derick would be the Scarecrow, no doubt. That one's easy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

More bad weather forecasted for this evening, including hail up to 3 inches, 80 mph straight line wind, and possibility of tornadoes. Wonder if Jill is planning on doing another ride along. 🙄

Heck yeah, and they will let the kids hang out the sun roof.

• LOL 5
(edited)
On 4/29/2020 at 1:00 PM, doodlebug said:

Not only that, but they don't need 20 of them.  Have each kid pick a favorite and give the rest away.  Then, wash the darned thing once a week until it falls apart.  All of the ones in the picture look brand new, not like they've been well-loved; the kids won't miss them.

Does she want a medal for vacuuming once a week?  Isn't that pretty standard, if not a little lax, in homes with young kids?  I live alone and I vacuum more than than and my house is hardly spotless.  My allergist recommended getting rid of all carpeting and vacuuming/Swiffering daily to relieve allergy symptoms.

I have a (almost) 2 year old and a dog. i often vacuum multiple times a day. lol. Especially in the kitchen where there are crumbs everywhere all the time.  I have tile or hardwood in the house though, if I had carpet I'd lose my mind. 

Also, Jill should get a lightweight cordless vacuum if she doesn't have one already. I got a dyson last year and it makes vacuuming so much easier. If she has carpet she can use the lightweight one once or twice a day and the heavy duty one every couple days.

She should also get some filters

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 7

e  She can let the boys help vacuum. I have two little dustbusters with a handle type of vacuums and all of my grandkids love to vacuum with them. I let them go first and when they've had all the fun they can take, I finish the room.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

So, Jill's status as GrubHub ridealong is official now. I wonder how Derick feels about that. I often get the impression he relishes his time away from Jill, and now even GrubHub is no longer a refuge. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

SInce Jill brought it up, I wonder how Dreck's law school is handling summer internships during the time of Corona.  I know he spent part of last summer in Little Rock working, but is that still happening now?  I can't see many law firms bringing in a gaggle of summer interns when most offices are running on a skeleton staff and working from home.  I know these internships are important for building up a resume to help with future employment.  How will this hurt Dreck and his fellow classmates next year?  

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

SInce Jill brought it up, I wonder how Dreck's law school is handling summer internships during the time of Corona.  I know he spent part of last summer in Little Rock working, but is that still happening now?  I can't see many law firms bringing in a gaggle of summer interns when most offices are running on a skeleton staff and working from home.  I know these internships are important for building up a resume to help with future employment.  How will this hurt Dreck and his fellow classmates next year?  

I know three folks who had internships setup for this summer, although none are law school students. One is fortunate enough to be able to do it remotely, the other two had their internships cancelled.

Even the one doing it remotely is a little bummed, as it's very hard to fully immerse yourself in learning when everything is by screen, phone or email.

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Oh boy Izzy will need a lot of dental work soon. Hope handsome papa can afford it.

Izzy’s mouth/teeth are a mess.  Not only did he inherit all of Derick’s dental problems, but he also got stuck with Jill’s gummy smile.  Poor kid will have to endure years of dental/orthodontic work.  I hope they’ve got some way of paying for it, because it’ll cost them thousands.  On a positive note, Derick’s teeth don’t look nearly as misaligned as they used to IMO.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Could the boundaries stuff Jill is working on in therapy not necessarily be about her family (or at least not all of it), but about how she can't leave Derrick alone?

I could definitely see how it might be a bit of both since I think they're intertwined. I think she is clingy largely because of the dysfunctional way she was raised. 

1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

Izzy’s mouth/teeth are a mess.  Not only did he inherit all of Derick’s dental problems, but he also got stuck with Jill’s gummy smile.  Poor kid will have to endure years of dental/orthodontic work.  I hope they’ve got some way of paying for it, because it’ll cost them thousands.  On a positive note, Derick’s teeth don’t look nearly as misaligned as they used to IMO.

I thought Derick actually has looked better than he has in a long time. He's never someone I would personally consider attractive, but I think he looks quite a bit healthier than he did. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I just noticed the gummy smile. Poor kid.

@Chicklet mentioned in another thread some dangerous symptoms are being seen in children now. Derick is going through drive-thrus, in and out of restaurants and handing (some) folks their orders. There’s a risk of getting Jill and the boys becoming sick even if Derick sanitizes after returning from a shift. The risk is greater if the kids and Jill are riding with him. I get that rural areas have less cases, but this really isn’t a risk I see as worth taking. 

• Love 6

Their area has a few hundred thousand people. It's not rural. And @Zella has noted that cases there are on the rise. 

I think it's stupid for the entire family going out on GrubHub runs, but what do I know? 

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Their area has a few hundred thousand people. It's not rural. And @Zella has noted that cases there are on the rise. 

I think it's stupid for the entire family going out on GrubHub runs, but what do I know? 

Yes, the NWA metro area has over 1/2 a million people in it. I have no idea how big his territory is that he drives, but it's definitely not the middle of nowhere. (I, on the other hand, live in a neighboring county and am in the middle of nowhere. Nearest neighbor is over 1/2 a mile away.)

It's not as bad as in the central part of the state here, but both counties that the NWA metro area is in are among the handful of Arkansas counties that have more than 75 cases. As of right now, Benton Co. has had 110 cases and Washington County 90, though testing requirement are pretty strict in Arkansas due to limited supplies. No telling how many are roaming around with it asymptomatically. 

And Arkansas is slowly reopening right now. To the governor's credit, he does seem to be trying to do it cautiously, but in my humble opinion, it's a losing battle, no matter how many well-meaning safeguards are in place. I would definitely be exercising more caution than they are. 

• Love 21
(edited)
23 hours ago, Zella said:

So, Jill's status as GrubHub ridealong is official now. I wonder how Derick feels about that. I often get the impression he relishes his time away from Jill, and now even GrubHub is no longer a refuge. 

Maybe she will learn how to tip delivery people 

Edited by dariafan
Autocorrect
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
(edited)
21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is the title of the magazine on the table, Modern Marriage?

no  it appears to be Voice of the  Martyrs, a publication for/about persecuted Christians

and one of the books is titled "and then I had kids"

the titles are carefully staged here for the pic

where is this setting in the Dillard house?

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

+1 Extra Credit Jlil figured out kids need nap time.

really she only figured out she wants/needs a break from her kids.

as do many parents with young children.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, crazy8s said:

where is this setting in the Dillard house?

Just saw it in the background, of a video in her Instagram stories. It’s in the living room.

E4B22ABC-BD70-4DBD-A14F-6A3E3FF2E55D.jpeg

• Love 2
15 hours ago, crazy8s said:

really she only figured out she wants/needs a break from her kids.

as do many parents with young children.

She reminds me of myself when mine were little.  They are in their 50s now.  I was a SAHM and I made them nap after lunch until they went to school all day!  I told them they didn't have to sleep, they just had to stay in bed.  I gave them a book or a little car.  99 percent of the time they fell asleep.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Just saw it in the background, of a video in her Instagram stories. It’s in the living room.

E4B22ABC-BD70-4DBD-A14F-6A3E3FF2E55D.jpeg

Between this and the ones of Jinger which reappeared yesterday, why do the Duggar girls neglect their skin?  Jill was looking better when she used the free skincare from her "friend."  Why did she not buy more when that ran out?  She looks like she is wearing yesterday's makeup in this video.  Effective skincare is not expensive.  

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Jill was looking better when she used the free skincare from her "friend."  Why did she not buy more when that ran out? 

If it was that Rodan and Fields stuff from her "friend", that shit is expensive. She may not be able to afford it every month. 

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, emma675 said:

If it was that Rodan and Fields stuff from her "friend", that shit is expensive. She may not be able to afford it every month. 

Yeah, Rodan and Fields is overpriced, but most skincare when used correctly lasts.  Of course, Jill is probably too dumb to make the connection that washing her face nightly with a less expensive cleanser would get the same results.  She could easily buy the Walmart version of Cetaphil or Cerave cleanser or Johnson and Johnson's head-to-toe baby wash.  I've been working on the large bottle of Cerave foaming cleanser for at least 6 months now.  I honestly don't remember when I started using it let alone when I bought it.  I do have the tendency to buy skincare well before I actually need it.  I buy products I know I will use and I know will keep when I have the money.  That way I don't have to drop a ton of cash to replenish.  

• Love 7

Even just getting Cetaphil or Cerave at WM wouldn't be cost-prohibitive for her. I mainly use Burt's Bees products since I have really sensitive skin, but I also use Cetaphil and just get it from Wally World for about $10, and those bottles last awhile since it's 16 ounces. I've purchased giant packs of 3 at Sam's Club for reasonable prices too. 

So, I think if she couldn't go the Rodan and Fields route, she could still get okay stuff from Wal-Mart and not break the budget. 

• Love 4

I know this was mentioned upthread, but I'm stunned that Jill is aware of The Wizard of Oz.  Don't fundies think  of wizards and witches as demonic?  My guess is the movie holds some pleasant childhood memories for Derick and he probably wanted his kids to see it.

• Love 3
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I know this was mentioned upthread, but I'm stunned that Jill is aware of The Wizard of Oz.  Don't fundies think  of wizards and witches as demonic?  My guess is the movie holds some pleasant childhood memories for Derick and he probably wanted his kids to see it.

Or Derick suggested Jill Google it. They only mentioned Kansas and Dorothy, so it's possible Jill knows nothing more about it than a movie description.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Between this and the ones of Jinger which reappeared yesterday, why do the Duggar girls neglect their skin?  Jill was looking better when she used the free skincare from her "friend."  Why did she not buy more when that ran out?  She looks like she is wearing yesterday's makeup in this video.  Effective skincare is not expensive.  

She really does look awful- as in “I have a terrible flu, haven’t slept all night, stressed out” awful. (Not awful because she is unattractive)

Common sense really isn’t common, and honestly if you don’t grow up in a milieu where things like grooming and skincare where just a part of life, and you don’t have any interest in it, you just don’t get how much difference it can make in your sense of well being and appearance. 

You have no idea how many grown ass people with typical IQs had cracked bleeding hands or peeling skin and they never bothered to exfoliate or buy LOTION because they didn’t grow up in a world where everyone used lotion or body butter as just a daily body care product. Yet they are uncomfortable and peely- and are bothered by it......I’m like “ummm exfoliate and use body butter like everyone else”(to me that’s just common sense, but no it wasn’t common to them at all). I see Jill being a person like that. 

• Love 15
28 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Jill is an incredibly well lotion-ed person. Five or six nights a week, from what I hear.

That's if the headship gets his way. Apparently, she only wants lotion 3 or 4 times a week. 😁

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

WTF is hippy chic? Whatever it is, it's not the Dullards. 😂

I think it's the bandana, braid, and for a millennial, the nose ring. Seriously Jill's always had a little bit of a hippie esthetic to her fashion sense. If I didn't know who she is,  it wouldn't surprise me to learn she was a hipster/hippie based on some of the things she wears.

7 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

She really does look awful- as in “I have a terrible flu, haven’t slept all night, stressed out” awful. (Not awful because she is unattractive)

Common sense really isn’t common, and honestly if you don’t grow up in a milieu where things like grooming and skincare where just a part of life, and you don’t have any interest in it, you just don’t get how much difference it can make in your sense of well being and appearance. 

You have no idea how many grown ass people with typical IQs had cracked bleeding hands or peeling skin and they never bothered to exfoliate or buy LOTION because they didn’t grow up in a world where everyone used lotion or body butter as just a daily body care product. Yet they are uncomfortable and peely- and are bothered by it......I’m like “ummm exfoliate and use body butter like everyone else”(to me that’s just common sense, but no it wasn’t common to them at all). I see Jill being a person like that. 

That would be me. Although my hands weren't as cracked before I started washing them all the time. 

• Love 8
On 5/8/2020 at 10:58 AM, Gemma Violet said:

She might just know the reference in regards to tornadoes without having seen the movie. I know that Rosebud is the sled but I've never watched Citizen Kane.

• Love 8