Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

Oh definitely. We actually had an appointment set up a week or so ago and cancelled it before  stay at home was ordered. We’re both asthmatic and it’s only hair. Hair can wait. 

Thanks for letting us know that. I was feeling kind of edgy this morning about so many people who don't seem to be taking this seriously enough (see those comments to Cathy above as an example - Yikessss). I was just talking with a neighbor who has asthma and you can bet your *ss she's being very careful right now. Be well!

• Love 16
44 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

some of the comments on cathy's post of the boys having the picnic though

r1teri -I’ve heard that the sun kills the virus

and

elijahs_mimi -If non of you are sick, you don't have to do this.

I was glad she responded about one of them.

Screenshot_20200328-185418.jpg

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Thanks for letting us know that. I was feeling kind of edgy this morning about so many people who don't seem to be taking this seriously enough (see those comments to Cathy above as an example - Yikessss). I was just talking with a neighbor who has asthma and you can bet your *ss she's being very careful right now. Be well!

No worries, Jeeves. We are all edgy these days! In addition to the asthma I’ve had multiple episodes of pneumonia and my roommate is fighting brain cancer. We are being extremely circumspect. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I heard that ladies in some part of Florida demanded that hair salons stay open.  I hope that isn't true?  As for me, I may get to see what my real hair color is nowadays (over half grey/white.)  No big deal.  

I won't believe that the plastic appearing news reporters on Fox, CNN, etc, aren't sneaking in their hair and nail stylist into their homes until I see their dark roots and raggedy nails.

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

I'm glad she is being cautious. I hate her beliefs, but she clearly adores both those boys. This week is spring break and I was supposed to have my grandkids for 10 days and the only thing that makes not seeing them bearable is knowing I'm doing it to protect me, them, and everyone else.

I get this. We had to postpone our trip to see the grands. They are in a Seattle suburb and are all staying home. 

• Love 11
On 3/27/2020 at 7:37 PM, leighdear said:

Who cuts a child's hair in their KITCHEN where they EAT?   Then they let the child brush the cut hair off onto the floor?

The patio is right outside, and the cut hair would blow off into the grass.  Where it wouldn't wind up in the FOOD!  

OMIGAWD, how can these idiots survive daily life?

I am licensed to do hair and used to do all my friends/family at home. It was always the kitchen.  You don't want any wind, you want to be able to control light and it is super easy to clean.  You just make sure everything is put away.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am licensed to do hair and used to do all my friends/family at home. It was always the kitchen.  You don't want any wind, you want to be able to control light and it is super easy to clean.  You just make sure everything is put away.

I suspect many of the negative reactions to haircuts in the kitchen relates to the Duggar reputation for lack of cleanliness more than anything else.  Most of us can't picture Jill, or any of the Duggar's, cleaning a kitchen thoroughly enough after a haircut to make it once again suitable for cooking and eating.  Just my opinion, of course.

• Love 10
On 3/28/2020 at 4:09 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I heard that ladies in some part of Florida demanded that hair salons stay open.  I hope that isn't true?  As for me, I may get to see what my real hair color is nowadays (over half grey/white.)  No big deal.  

I feel ya.  A few months ago a friend asked me how grey my hair was and I said "I have no idea".  I think I'm going to find out now.  Even if I had the opportunity, my stylist is my age (60s) and had a heart attack and triple bypass surgery less than a year ago.  No way I would risk her life for my roots. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, MonicaM said:

I suspect many of the negative reactions to haircuts in the kitchen relates to the Duggar reputation for lack of cleanliness more than anything else.  Most of us can't picture Jill, or any of the Duggar's, cleaning a kitchen thoroughly enough after a haircut to make it once again suitable for cooking and eating.  Just my opinion, of course.

That is completely true.  In general it isn't a bad thing.  If you are Duggar, it is a don't.  Plus they have so many THINGS in their kitchens.  

• Love 7

I thought what Cathy said at first was that she was trusting in God, but I didn't think she was going out and breaking the quarrentine.  I put her in a slightly different category than the Caldwells, who outright called it a hoax. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 10
On 3/28/2020 at 3:39 PM, latetotheparty said:

Oh definitely. We actually had an appointment set up a week or so ago and cancelled it before  stay at home was ordered. We’re both asthmatic and it’s only hair. Hair can wait. 

My dye job can't!! Lol! Seriously,  I do my own but use a product for allergies that i get at a beauty supply store. They are closed and I'm out of it. I will have to risk the itching this time. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

My dye job can't!! Lol! Seriously,  I do my own but use a product for allergies that i get at a beauty supply store. They are closed and I'm out of it. I will have to risk the itching this time. 

See if they are delivering.  My local beauty supply is (it is one you have to have a license).  If you are comfortable with delivery.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

As of last week, Sally Beauty was still shipping. I stocked up! LOL

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I thought they gave the crib to Joe. I was confused to see a crib. 

in the pics when they moved in the house wasn't the cramped boys room the crib, a toddler bed, changing table and the giant chair?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I would be very surprised to see another baby from these two at this rate. Derick still has a year of law school left and afterwards there is passing the bar and articling. Yes that can all be done with a baby in two, especially if your wife is a stay at home mother. Derick does not strike me as the type that could deal with it and Jill is a bit clingy at the best of times. 

Not to say that Jill isn't holding out hope. I suspect Derick is done, short of an "oops".

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Zella said:

A friend of Jill's?

Let's just say that it is a Male friend of mine who is going to a certain school where his friends wife could become the same thing as he is because she was in class almost as much as her husband. 

• Useful 10
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Well, if they did go to couple's therapy/counseling together, it probably doesn't indicate the healthiest relationship.

I hope Jill is also getting some one-on-one counseling without Derick listening in.  But it's probably Christian couples counseling - spouses can't keep any secrets from each other. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Lisa418722 said:

I hope Jill is also getting some one-on-one counseling without Derick listening in.  But it's probably Christian couples counseling - spouses can't keep any secrets from each other. 

Derelict said the counselor was a licensed therapist, so there's some hope that Jill is getting real help.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Derelict said the counselor was a licensed therapist, so there's some hope that Jill is getting real help.

I hope so. For Jill's sake and for the sake of them as a couple. 

• Love 5
On 4/3/2020 at 4:16 PM, crazy8s said:

you are right about giving the away the crib, but not to Joe and Kendra - to Josiah and Lauren

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/is-jill-duggar-done-having-kids-she-gave-away-her-sons-crib/

I have no idea why Lauren tagged Jill, but that’s not the same crib. Both are black and similar in style but the crownpiece on the back set of rails is scrolled on Derick/Jill’s and straight on Josiah/Lauren’s. 

• Love 2
On 4/4/2020 at 7:32 PM, Lisa418722 said:

That reminds me of the early episode of Mad Men, where Betty Draper had a session with her therapist and, as soon as she walked out the door, the therapist called her husband to tell him everything she said. Of course, that was the bad old days of the 1960s and it would be considered unethical and illegal today, but I wouldn't be surprised if things like that still happened in Fundie circles.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Izzy is 5 today!

eta: In the 3rd pic, the window is ajar, and there are kids right outside. Not social distancing, Jill!

Looking for Teddy Bears in windows?  Is that a game Josh made up to look at women's boobs when they were kids?  Looking in others windows is very peeping tom Jill.  Super creepy.

8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

it is all over our news - people putting teddy bears in windows so kids out for a walk with just their family can find them like a treasure hunt

Thank you for the explanation.  That is better than what I was imagining.  My mind went to a super creepy place.  Probably because her brother is super creepy and I watch too much ID network. 

• LOL 7

I don't drive by any of the residential areas in my town, but even in my small town, there are apparently nearly 100 bears up for kids to spot in these bear hunts. It might be one of the more comparatively normal things Jill ever did, judging by all the people I know who are doing the same thing with their kids. 

• Love 12