Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Chris Knight

Jill & Derick Dullard: Counting On (Donations)

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Hey lets give Jill a little credit, usually she doesn't know what the hell to do with those kids, but those are a lot of good suggestions for a graduate of the Duggar School of "I Don't Give a Crap".

I wonder where she read them ?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

14 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Hey lets give Jill a little credit, usually she doesn't know what the hell to do with those kids, but those are a lot of good suggestions for a graduate of the Duggar School of "I Don't Give a Crap".

I bet she copied and pasted it from a sweet friend 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Derick is planning on getting interviewed by an Instagram snarker. He could have probably gotten paid a few hundred dollars from a gossip site. 

 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 6

Share this post


Link to post

This interview should be interesting if it happens. Jill and Derrick are outing Jill's family and religion. Whoa. There will be no recrossing that bridge. 

  • Surprise 8

Share this post


Link to post

Weird choice. He might get paid if he went with a gossip site/magazine. We'll see if this actually happens. 

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

This interview should be interesting if it happens. Jill and Derrick are outing Jill's family and religion. Whoa. There will be no recrossing that bridge. 

She said no questions about Jill's family. It will be interesting to see if Derelict addresses them in some way though. I saw the post and asked her to ask about his book. 😁

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, dariafan said:

I bet she copied and pasted it from a sweet friend 

Yes or Facebook etc. Doubt Jill wrote that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'd want to know if Jill has realized the Gothard beliefs are ill founded. Are they purposely raising their boys different from how Jill was raised. And I would like Derick to give concrete answers to their split from TLC and the Duggar family.

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Vague, mean spirited, contradictory, literal, and strange answers.  No discussion of Jill’s family, or likely being a reality TV star. I can see why no one would pay for an interview. There’s going to give away his whole book for free. Good.

 He’s not a very interesting person.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

@GeeGolly, I put your questions in the pool, phrased a little differently so they might actually be answered. 😊

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Hold it a sec....Limiting questions unrelated to their family ?   That means the questions are supposed to be relating to their family. Don't two negatives (limiting, unrelated ) make a positive?

I'm so grammatically confused at this point....

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

@GeeGolly, I put your questions in the pool, phrased a little differently so they might actually be answered. 😊

Thank you Sew! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, drafan said:

Hold it a sec....Limiting questions unrelated to their family ?   That means the questions are supposed to be relating to their family. Don't two negatives (limiting, unrelated ) make a positive?

I'm so grammatically confused at this point....

That's how I took it as well. Crystal Ball specifically mentions Jill leaving their cult.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Who is this Without a Crystal Ball person?

She is a youtuber who makes videos commenting on reality television stars and fundies.  She makes videos on a lot of TLC people, particularly the Duggars and Sister wives. She also does videos about youtubers who fundies or at least use religion to spread toxic ideas. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

No way Jill took that picture of the bananas and banana bread.

  • Like 16
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Temperance said:

She is a youtuber who makes videos commenting on reality television stars and fundies.  She makes videos on a lot of TLC people, particularly the Duggars and Sister wives. She also does videos about youtubers who fundies or at least use religion to spread toxic ideas. 

She hates JRod, so I like her.  She’s done at least a couple of videos about the Rods.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Guess Jim Bob really did cut them off financially for real and permanently. 

Did I miss something? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, SMama said:

Did I miss something? 

That Boob possibly cut them off when he stopped allowing Jill free access to the TTH. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That Boob possibly cut them off when he stopped allowing Jill free access to the TTH. 

 

19 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That Boob possibly cut them off when he stopped allowing Jill free access to the TTH. 

OOPS, can’t get rid of second box. I was wondering if something new triggered that comment. Is it Derick’s alleged upcoming interview with the Crystal Ball lady? I do miss a lot, especially now that SGirl is doing Online school, and SBaba is telecommuting. I love them both, but there is no me time.

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

No way Jill took that picture of the bananas and banana bread.

I'm divided on whether she's back to stealing images or has learned the wonders of public domain images. I'd eat my proverbial hat if she took that pic. 🙂

Edited by Zella
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SMama said:

OOPS, can’t get rid of second box. I was wondering if something new triggered that comment. Is it Derick’s alleged upcoming interview with the Crystal Ball lady? I do miss a lot, especially now that SGirl is doing Online school, and SBaba is telecommuting. I love them both, but there is no me time.

Bolding mine, but man do I feel you, I have 3 at home and a husband who is now working from home and it is quite a change.....

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm divided on whether she's back to stealing images or has learned the wonders of public domain images. I'd eat my proverbial hat if she took that pic. 🙂

It's far too artsy and composed to be Jill, but a quick Google reverse image search says it doesn't exist elsewhere online. Take that for what you will. 🤷🏼‍♀️

 

24F5BFB0-BED0-44FA-AC04-F2DB6CD6DFA9.jpeg

  • Useful 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, McManda said:

It's far too artsy and composed to be Jill, but a quick Google reverse image search says it doesn't exist elsewhere online. Take that for what you will. 🤷🏼‍♀️

 

24F5BFB0-BED0-44FA-AC04-F2DB6CD6DFA9.jpeg

Hmm the plot thickens! 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

If forced to a choice among starvation, banana bread, and eating my own hair...

Banana bread comes in last. 😝

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

If forced to a choice among starvation, banana bread, and eating my own hair...

Banana bread comes in last. 😝

Any banana bread or just Jill's? 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

If forced to a choice among starvation, banana bread, and eating my own hair...

Banana bread comes in last. 😝

I'm right there with you. And for me, it's any banana bread. I like bananas but they need to stay in their lane, which is a smoothie lane or an as-themselves-without-embellishment lane. Or maybe those Girl Scout banana boats where you split one in half, take it out of the peel, fill it with marshmallows and chocolate chips, wrap it it foil, and heat it in the coals. But banana bread is RIGHT OUT.

I will say that Jill's recipe did not look horrible, as a recipe, and that is the most positive thing I've ever said about any of her culinary attempts.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

LOL I don't like bananas on their own, but I love banana bread. (I have similar feelings about apples versus apple pie. . . .)

Not convinced that is an actual pic of Jill's handiwork, but that is a pretty good-looking loaf of banana bread. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Zella said:

LOL I don't like bananas on their own, but I love banana bread. (I have similar feelings about apples versus apple pie. . . .)

Not convinced that is an actual pic of Jill's handiwork, but that is a pretty good-looking loaf of banana bread. 

I like banana bread well enough, and really love a blueberry banana bread. Hmmm...I have some bananas getting a bit tired, but not blueberries. Mr, Jyn was going to brave the grocery store later on, though.

As far as the picture, I suppose it's possible that she either saw a similar image and decided to try her hand at an actual artsy photograph, or maybe it was taken  by someone she knows who enjoys photography. Not sure who, though, or why they would necessarily send it to her. 

Is it possible that even though it doesn't exist on the internet, it's an image out of a cookbook or something that she stole? It doesn't really look like a photo of a photo, though. Could Dreck be dabbling in photography for some reason? Could developing into a photography prodigy factor into Sam's bid for escape?

Yeah, it totally doesn't scream of Jill's sensibilities, but somehow it exists. LOL. As @Zella says, the plot thickens.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, Zella said:

Any banana bread or just Jill's? 🙂

Just Jill's although to be fair I wouldn't eat anything cooked or baked in any of the Duggar houses. I don't trust their cooking, baking, or sanitary skills. If it was between Jill's banana bread and one found in a trash can I'd go with the one in trash can.  

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Just Jill's although to be fair I wouldn't eat anything cooked or baked in any of the Duggar houses. I don't trust their cooking, baking, or sanitary skills. If it was between Jill's banana bread and one found in a trash can I'd go with the one in trash can.  

 The trashcan bread might be growing penicillin, which is a plus. Jills bread would be 85% bananas and 15% hair and germs. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

I can't believe that anybody would be eating food made by a neighbor when they have no idea what their medical status is. 

We can at least assume that food service workers at drive-throughs and take-out restaurants have no symptoms & are using extra sanitary precautions when preparing and delivering food.  That's a State Board of Health requirement at minimum.   But neighbors you know have small children and horrible hygiene?  Dillard Idiots.  

I'd order a hazmat suit from Amazon & pitch that loaf in the nearest dumpster if I found it on my porch.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

I'm guessing Jill left that at her friend's house. Depending on her friend's level of virus concerns and knowledge of Jill's hygiene, there's a good chance she threw it away.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Love banana bread, but I have a borderline irrational hatred of raisins in bread or cookies. I could eat raisins by the bucketful, but put them in a cookie and blech

I cannot believe Jill or Derek took that picture. Not sure how it didn't show up in an image search, but I will never be convinced it wasn't "borrowed"

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Love banana bread, but I have a borderline irrational hatred of raisins in bread or cookies. I could eat raisins by the bucketful, but put them in a cookie and blech

I cannot believe Jill or Derek took that picture. Not sure how it didn't show up in an image search, but I will never be convinced it wasn't "borrowed"

I'm with you!  I used to pick the raisins out of my mom's homemade cinnamon rolls.  Raisins on their own are fine.  Put them in anything baked, and I second your blech!

Nope.  I wouldn't eat anything Jill made, although it's a nice gesture on her part.  I agree that the picture doesn't look anything like Jill's previous pictures of her (usually) godawful creations, with the cluttered background(s).  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I like banana bread well enough, and really love a blueberry banana bread. Hmmm...I have some bananas getting a bit tired, but not blueberries. Mr, Jyn was going to brave the grocery store later on, though.

Off topic, sorry! Blueberry banana bread? That sounds delicious! When you bake with blueberries do you use fresh or frozen? I'm hesitant to try with frozen (the frozen raspberries were a soggy mess!) and the fresh blueberries, besides being kind of expensive right now, are on the sour side. I've been wanting to make some blueberry scones lately though. 

I've got some past eatable bananas ... maybe this weekend I'll take a stanb at Jill's recipe, just to see. It's banana bread, how awful could it actually be?

Wait, I just looked. While the recipe doesn't sound awful ... 6 large bananas, 2 cups of sugar, and 4 cups of flour? That's more of a Duggar-sized recipe than a Dillard one, imo. I'd have to halve it. Or third it.

Edited by McManda
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

 

 

From their blog:

 

Dates: Being Intentional (& Safe) During the Coronavirus

Mar 26, 2020 | Family Blog

While we are grateful for the extra bonding time as a little family during this social distancing thing with the coronavirus looming, we have also found it challenging to get uninterrupted quality time for our marriage relationship. Combine that with spending more of our time at home and stress levels being higher than normal, we find ourselves having to be more intentional in a lot of ways. 

We’ve usually had weekly dates out of the house, without the kids, but now we have car dates with the kids or sometimes they end up being in-home pizza dates after the kids are in bed. Whatever your dates look like right now, we are finding that intentionality plays a huge role in whether it happens or not. 

The ongoing coronavirus situation kind of reminds us of our former life on the international mission field when the country we were in was pretty volatile. Most contact with family and friends back home was over Skype or FaceTime, we always had a body guard with us, and we didn’t feel comfortable leaving our child with anyone based on the severity of danger in the country, so most of our dates were a family trip to town for groceries and a stop at Subway, or in-home date with cookies listening to a podcast after the baby was in bed. 

Throwing back to before quarantine life, I thought I’d share a video from one of our recent date outings along with some resources you might enjoy right now for at-home dates! 

Derick surprised me with an amazing date this past Valentines Day. I knew we were planning for a night out with a sitter, but he kept the details a surprise (hard to do with me sometimes, but I’m learning to trust more as he learns more about me too, lol).

First, we had breakfast for dinner at Waffle House. It had been forever since I’d been there, but we’d recently talked about trying it because some locations were decorating and setting the mood for Valentine’s Day and the environment seemed chill and like it might be different but fun. It didn’t disappoint. It was a great place, the food was delicious and wasn’t as crowded as some of the other restaurants probably were. 

Next, we got in the car and Derick told me to open the glovebox and I’d have my next clue! The clue was tickets to see the North Forest Lights, a temporary winter attraction at our local museum, Crystal Bridges! We went over to the museum first and walked through while waiting for our reserved time to open for the lights before heading over. 

The North Forest Lights trail was so romantic and beautiful, complete with smells and sounds (and hot chocolate;-) ) to involve as many of the senses as possible! It was so enjoyable to unwind after a busy week! 

Below are some pictures and a video from our evening out. 

Practicing social distancing doesn’t necessarily mean neglecting important areas in your life, including and especially dating in your marriage. However, it is also necessary for all of us to do our part during this time, in the fight against the Coronavirus. With this in mind, couples everywhere can get creative, deepen their connection with each other, and grow closer during this time rather than succumbing to the strains that are undeniably present. This might include doing marriage questionnaires or personality teststogether, listening to podcasts together, keeping up with couples therapy sessions online, looking for outdoor activities to enjoy while also practicing social distancing, such as hiking, fishing, or simply going on a walk around the block. After the kids go to bed, it’s also a good idea to order take-out and support your local restaurants during this time. We are obviously in unprecedented times, but our relationships do not have to be included in the casualties 

Some of our favorite marriage resources are Family Life Today (podcasts, weekend getaways, cruises, etc.), Dating Divas (lots of fun, cheap and free marriage games, tips and challenges), Dave Ramsey show (not focused on marriage, but definitely relates!) and Focus on the Family (podcasts, books and much more!). 

How do you prioritize your marriage, especially during this difficult pandemic? Drop us a comment below.

 

(I believe the video was previously posted here.)

  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

 

 

From their blog:

 

Dates: Being Intentional (& Safe) During the Coronavirus

Mar 26, 2020 | Family Blog

While we are grateful for the extra bonding time as a little family during this social distancing thing with the coronavirus looming, we have also found it challenging to get uninterrupted quality time for our marriage relationship. Combine that with spending more of our time at home and stress levels being higher than normal, we find ourselves having to be more intentional in a lot of ways. 

We’ve usually had weekly dates out of the house, without the kids, but now we have car dates with the kids or sometimes they end up being in-home pizza dates after the kids are in bed. Whatever your dates look like right now, we are finding that intentionality plays a huge role in whether it happens or not. 

The ongoing coronavirus situation kind of reminds us of our former life on the international mission field when the country we were in was pretty volatile. Most contact with family and friends back home was over Skype or FaceTime, we always had a body guard with us, and we didn’t feel comfortable leaving our child with anyone based on the severity of danger in the country, so most of our dates were a family trip to town for groceries and a stop at Subway, or in-home date with cookies listening to a podcast after the baby was in bed. 

Throwing back to before quarantine life, I thought I’d share a video from one of our recent date outings along with some resources you might enjoy right now for at-home dates! 

Derick surprised me with an amazing date this past Valentines Day. I knew we were planning for a night out with a sitter, but he kept the details a surprise (hard to do with me sometimes, but I’m learning to trust more as he learns more about me too, lol).

First, we had breakfast for dinner at Waffle House. It had been forever since I’d been there, but we’d recently talked about trying it because some locations were decorating and setting the mood for Valentine’s Day and the environment seemed chill and like it might be different but fun. It didn’t disappoint. It was a great place, the food was delicious and wasn’t as crowded as some of the other restaurants probably were. 

Next, we got in the car and Derick told me to open the glovebox and I’d have my next clue! The clue was tickets to see the North Forest Lights, a temporary winter attraction at our local museum, Crystal Bridges! We went over to the museum first and walked through while waiting for our reserved time to open for the lights before heading over. 

The North Forest Lights trail was so romantic and beautiful, complete with smells and sounds (and hot chocolate;-) ) to involve as many of the senses as possible! It was so enjoyable to unwind after a busy week! 

Below are some pictures and a video from our evening out. 

Practicing social distancing doesn’t necessarily mean neglecting important areas in your life, including and especially dating in your marriage. However, it is also necessary for all of us to do our part during this time, in the fight against the Coronavirus. With this in mind, couples everywhere can get creative, deepen their connection with each other, and grow closer during this time rather than succumbing to the strains that are undeniably present. This might include doing marriage questionnaires or personality teststogether, listening to podcasts together, keeping up with couples therapy sessions online, looking for outdoor activities to enjoy while also practicing social distancing, such as hiking, fishing, or simply going on a walk around the block. After the kids go to bed, it’s also a good idea to order take-out and support your local restaurants during this time. We are obviously in unprecedented times, but our relationships do not have to be included in the casualties 

Some of our favorite marriage resources are Family Life Today (podcasts, weekend getaways, cruises, etc.), Dating Divas (lots of fun, cheap and free marriage games, tips and challenges), Dave Ramsey show (not focused on marriage, but definitely relates!) and Focus on the Family (podcasts, books and much more!). 

How do you prioritize your marriage, especially during this difficult pandemic? Drop us a comment below.

 

(I believe the video was previously posted here.)

🤮

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Jill watches Netflix? And if she actually took that picture, she'll likely burn the house down moving the candle with her lotioned-up hands.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Jill did not write this.  There are words with more than two syllables.  "Intentionality"?   Not a Jill word.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Dates. Intentional. Relationship. Restaurants. No kids. Kids in bed. On The Mission Field. Social Distancing. Waffles. Danger. Emotional Maturity of a 14 with a first boyfriend.

 OK, artificial intelligence, there’s all your targets, now generate a blog post.

( I’m surprised Jill didn’t mention the sexy lotion sexy sex sex sex they’re constantly having.  They’re probably doing it right now! )

Edited by JoanArc
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size