Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

See I disagree with Katie's speculation that Derick not discussing Jill's consumption of alcohol means that Jill has never tried it. I think it means she HAS tried it, but that Derick did not want to put that out there lest it goes back to Boob.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

The longer her video is, the more YouTube pays her for views. It took her five minutes of to recap the story up to the creation of Counting On: Jill & Jessa, then I quit watching. I knew it would be a huge tease. 

Considering how YouTube is treating its content creators these days, it probably was a waste of her time to drag it out as much as she did. 

Wait until the Duggars find out about Patreon!

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

See I disagree with Katie's speculation that Derick not discussing Jill's consumption of alcohol means that Jill has never tried it. I think it means she HAS tried it, but that Derick did not want to put that out there lest it goes back to Boob.

Jana, Jill, Jessa and Jinger accidentally drank (sipped?) punch with alcohol in it many years ago.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

He also mentioned that they had done counseling with a licensed therapist and recommended the book on boundaries that Jill once posted about. He didn't offer much more about the estrangement. 

I didn’t hear that part. Interesting that he had mentioned getting counseling, but I’m glad they did. They need to keep going back. At least it tell us everything wasn’t sunshine and roses behind the scenes. I bet Derreck wishes Jill could break out of some of the ingrained relationship habits are parents insisted or necessary to maintain a happy marriage. 

• Love 9

IIRC, several posters on here speculated Jill was in counseling based on the books she was reading. Gold stars for those who called it.

With regards to the lawsuit, is this the one stemming from Joshgate? I thought that was dismissed?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So I'm still confused. They were volunteers, but legally obligated to film? The Oprah tip happened long before Derick.

And good point, they never knew dating without a camera crew.

I believe Katie is mixing up her facts, here.  Oprah was filming the family for her show when the producers received an anonymous tip about Josh molesting his sisters.  They turned the information over to law enforcement, but no one from the show tipped off the tabloids then or later.  As it turned out, since JB and Michelle had gone to the police after the statute of limitations had run out on Josh's crimes, the cops already knew what Oprah told them and the case was already closed.

Then, years later, after Derick and Jill were married, Michelle did some homophobic robocalls for a group that wanted to ban transgender folks from public restrooms.  Turns out, Josh' history was known by a lot of people in Tontitown, probably because Josh and the girls had to get up in front of their church and confess and some of those who were present spilled the beans.  In any event, a lesbian couple who knew the story were outraged that Michelle was presenting herself as the crusader for all that is pure and holy and they notified In Touch of the story, giving them enough details that the tabloid was able to put together a freedom of information request which netted them the police report which had not been sealed.

So, Katie conflated two separate incidents which doesn't say much for her reportorial skills.  I only listened to the first couple minutes because she is a horrible speaker and it was clear she had her facts wrong and also was going to waste a lot of time rehashing ancient history which indicated to me, anyway, that she probably didn't get anything juicy.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 4
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm pretty sure that Washington County was vindicated with a dismissal.

Yes. Now it is down to three people who were involved with the release of the documents and redacting. 

That one is easy to find on Google... Ugh...

I made it 7 minutes with the first video before giving up. She just kept rehashing what she had already said and patting herself on the back for reaching out to Derick. Like everyone else posted, the only thing we didn't know about was that Derick & Jill went to counseling and that was speculated here. Definitely not worth watching.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

I can’t believe that all of the Duggar children and their spouses were stupid enough to believe that JB wasn’t getting paid by TLC. How did they think that their new house and lifestyle was being paid for? JB is a lying ass for sure, but why didn’t any of the non-Duggars who married into this mess have the sense to say WTF? Derrick, of all of them, should have had questions about what was going on. At least those over 18 and therefore able to sign contracts would have to have contracts with either JB or TLC that spelled this out. As adults they couldn’t be legally forced to stay on the show unless they had signed contracts -  they aren’t indentured servants (not legally at least). 

I’m all for Derrick exposing JB’s manipulative, underhanded dealings, but he really needs to take some responsibility for apparently just blindly signing contracts and NDAs, which I’m sure he did because they got houses/money from JB. He got a shitty deal, but he’s the one who agreed to the shitty deal in the first place.

ETA - I should like Derick for standing up to JB and bringing to light what we have suspected, but damn if he doesn’t just irk me to no end. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I never watch her videos but somehow I watched this one. I blame sheltering in place for more than two weeks. But the music she used for those... it had a beat! it had syncopation! it might lead to stirring up desires that could not be righteously fulfilled! I do think it's odd and maybe a marker of progress for Jill that the soundtrack was what it was.

• Love 10

I'm stunned that Jill actually was seeing a licensed counselor! I figured she would be praying about it or some such.  Recovering from abuse is never easy, but with a licensed counselor, she's got some hope. 

Those haircuts are awful. 

Edited by QuinnInND
Because I need to learn to proofread better.
  • Love 14

Who cuts a child's hair in their KITCHEN where they EAT?   Then they let the child brush the cut hair off onto the floor?

The patio is right outside, and the cut hair would blow off into the grass.  Where it wouldn't wind up in the FOOD!  

OMIGAWD, how can these idiots survive daily life?

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

I never watch her videos but somehow I watched this one. I blame sheltering in place for more than two weeks. But the music she used for those... it had a beat! it had syncopation! it might lead to stirring up desires that could not be righteously fulfilled! I do think it's odd and maybe a marker of progress for Jill that the soundtrack was what it was.

27 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

When the haircut music first started playing, I seriously thought it was Bob Dylan's Everyone Must Get Stoned!

• LOL 14

I think the boys look adorable with their new haircuts 

I cut my youngest son’s hair last week ..due to social distancing ... and believe me I do a bad haircut!

My son was all’Mummmy ..what DID YOU DO TO ME’

I also cut his hair in the open plan kitchen area 😳

Edited by Totally
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7

So this Katie person is getting paid by You Tube to air Derick's dirty laundry.

Uhm, Derick, if what you're saying about JB getting paid for your services is true, I guess you haven't learned much.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So this Katie person is getting paid by You Tube to air Derick's dirty laundry.

Uhm, Derick, if what you're saying about JB getting paid for your services is true, I guess you haven't learned much.

Most content creators get paid a certain amount from ad revenue on YouTube. It's been a while so I can't remember if it is through Google Ad Sense or not. That being said, it is a pittance. Most content creators have gone to Patreon and then upload their videos to YouTube 2-3 days later. If you have a good following you can make a decent go from a Patreon account. Lindsay, who does royalty videos, and Todd in the Shadows are two that come to mind.

I didn't get any ads during Katie Joy's videos on my phone but I sure do with Lindsay and Todd's. Hmmmm...

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I don't remember what their flooring is like, but if it's anything like my mom's house, the kitchen is the only room (other than the bathrooms, but they are very small) which have linoleum rather than carpeting. It's so much easier to sweep hair up there than anywhere else (I cut her hair for her there; I'm not great at it, but her hair, like mine, is pretty forgiving) . I'd think it would also be easier to cut hair indoors than out, without breezes and other random weather. The boys look fine. Those may not be the best haircuts I've ever seen, but they are far from the worst.

And, yeah, speaking of social distancing, she could hardly have taken them to have their hair it's elsewhere

• Love 16

My hairdresser very kindly comes to my house to do my hair. Not only is floor easy to clean, the sink has a movable sprayer and it’s really the only roon in my house with good light. We’ve been doing this for 3-4 years at least. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, latetotheparty said:

My hairdresser very kindly comes to my house to do my hair. Not only is floor easy to clean, the sink has a movable sprayer and it’s really the only roon in my house with good light. We’ve been doing this for 3-4 years at least. 

I wouldn't do that during this pandemic. 

ETA: Let me be clear. I believe that doing that during this pandemic is reckless and depending on where you live may be against shelter in place orders. Regardless of the law, I just would. not. do it right now.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, Totally said:

I think the boys look adorable with their new haircuts 

I cut my youngest son’s hair last week ..due to social distancing ... and believe me I do a bad haircut!

My son was all’Mummmy ..what DID YOU DO TO ME’

I also cut his hair in the open plan kitchen area 😳

My adult son was starting a new job and got in for a haircut just before everything closed. He would not have wanted me to cut it for him.

My mom dyed my hair at the kitchen table.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I took "getting paid for Deerticks services" in a whole different way. I'll see myself out. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I wouldn't do that during this pandemic. 

ETA: Let me be clear. I believe that doing that during this pandemic is reckless and depending on where you live may be against shelter in place orders. Regardless of the law, I just would. not. do it right now.

Oh definitely. We actually had an appointment set up a week or so ago and cancelled it before  stay at home was ordered. We’re both asthmatic and it’s only hair. Hair can wait. 

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Jeeves said:

+1 to all that. Not only is it that the kitchen is often the only room of any size in the house with a hard surfaced floor that's easy to clean. Also, in the places I've lived, the outdoors means lots of wind (Oklahoma), steaming humidity (Gulf Coastal Texas), or months of freezing temps and snow (Colorado). My relatives who cut their kids' hair usually choose the kitchen. Hair doesn't fly all over the room because they don't thrash around with the scissors and clippers. They clean up afterwards. Nobody gets sick because of it.

Heck, I gave my late little dog baths in (horrors!) the kitchen sink. (And yes, beforehand I moved everything off the surrounding counters and afterwards I washed the whole shooting match down with disinfecting cleaner.)

I don't think Jill did anything stupid as to the haircuts - and she had no other rational choice right now.  Our governor shut down all hair salons and similar places of business a couple of weeks ago. Even if those places are open for business where you live, right now IMO it's supremely idiotic to get salon services. I hope to survive this pandemic with nothing worse than pathetically ugly hair, and I wish the same to all of you.

I heard that ladies in some part of Florida demanded that hair salons stay open.  I hope that isn't true?  As for me, I may get to see what my real hair color is nowadays (over half grey/white.)  No big deal.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

With so many other things to snark about the haircuts are small potatoes. Jessa cut her kids’ hair while they sat at the dining room table. Doesn’t Jill always cut their hair?  The haircuts looked fine to me. I am not a fan of theirs but wondering if the counseling will help jill cope and maybe derick can be more open to views other than his own. Always hopeful right?

• Love 20

Did Derrick divulge the details about the marriage counseling they are receiving?  Is it a Christian counselor or just your standard trained counselor?  How long have they seen then and are they still going?

While I will completely agree that she needs therapy, I'm not going to be quick to think that this is the ultimate panacea for Jill which will completely de-program her from a lifetime of her parents shitty values.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Did Derrick divulge the details about the marriage counseling they are receiving?  Is it a Christian counselor or just your standard trained counselor?  How long have they seen then and are they still going?

While I will completely agree that she needs therapy, I'm not going to be quick to think that this is the ultimate panacea for Jill which will completely de-program her from a lifetime of her parents shitty values.

Someone said he claimed they went to a licensed therapist, but that could still mean the therapist is christian and counsels from that paradigm. A friend went to a catholic therapist who counseled her to stay in her toxic marriage because, "think of your beautiful daughter." 

• Love 2

My suspicion is whomever Jill is seeing is likely someone connected to their church--or recommended by someone they go to church with.

I underwent my share of counseling as a child after my parents' divorce. Indeed, I felt like I made the circuit of pretty much all the counselors in a 3-county area. Some of them were Christians and counseled from a Christian perspective. And some of them were very good and professional--others not so much. That's true of the secular counselors I worked with too. One of the secular assholes yelled at me for reasons I still don't fathom. One of the Christian ones diminished the molestation I underwent. 🤷‍♀️

I don't automatically discount the fact that she might be seeing a professional counselor who happens to be a Christian, though I agree with the wrong Christian counselor, that could be bad.

I hope whomever she is dealing with has experience in dealing with cult survivors because that's basically what Jill is.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
30 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Cathy changed her tune on Covid? I'm shocked! Not so cocky now.

We currently have a little over 400 cases but are projected to have about 3500 in a couple of weeks. That news might have sobered her up quick. 

She might have also gotten her ass chewed by one of her doctors. I know a lady undergoing chemo who went to an out-of-town conference right as this was revving up. She seemed pretty flippant at the time, but I think she is scared now as it has dawned on her how serious this is and how dangerous it is for her. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 11

I am a licensed therapist who has never practiced. I do other kinds of social work but have a clinical license. I have been to licensed therapists. It’s like finding a hair dresser or doctor. Sometimes you have to try a few. While derick is a jerk on the outside he does seem to have a level of intelligence and that he is encouraging jill to see someone and he is going too could mean he sees the dysfunction and wants some helpful resolution. It would make his life better if jill was fully functional.   Y’all know I hate the Duggars and their repulsive beliefs and I am no fan of Derick 

• Love 23
36 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Cathy changed her tune on Covid? I'm shocked! Not so cocky now.

some of the comments on cathy's post of the boys having the picnic though

r1teri -I’ve heard that the sun kills the virus

and

elijahs_mimi -If non of you are sick, you don't have to do this.