Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Chris Knight

Jill & Derick Dullard: Counting On (Donations)

6 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

So is Dillweeds school closed for the time being? Him being home all the time will mean Jilly needs more lotion than normal. Anyone have any brain bleach I can borrow? 

I doubt U of A classes are starting anytime soon. First case of coronavirus announced in Fayetteville this morning. 

• Sad 11

1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Most colleges will be closed for the rest of the semester (I would guess)

I believe the one here in town(big ten school) is only doing online classes and canceled their spring commencement ceremonies. I can't imagine they are the only ones.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I believe the one here in town(big ten school) is only doing online classes and canceled their spring commencement ceremonies. I can't imagine they are the only ones.

My program has gone online only. I have three more weeks of one class, then a month-long class and then no in person graduation.  All of my clinicals are online too, so no more time with real patients. I will get my degree but it has been three years and this is all kind of annoying right at the end. I actually feel for Derreck a little bit. Only a little bit. 

( anyone want to place a wager that that globe is one of those bar globes full of various bottles of alcohol? )

• Like 6
  • Laugh 11
  • Sad 1

My former community college where I worked as a tutor actually hopes to resume classes after the shelter in place is lifted on 4/7. I seriously doubt that will happen. I am sure tutors are done for the semester. 

• Like 8

Arkansas officials keep making vague comments that schools will reopen on March 30 after spring break, but I don't think anyone actually believes them. 

Clarification: this is public schools. I don't think U of A has made any commitment to length of time. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 4

The Chancellor of Derick's law school issued a directive on March 12 which among other things stated:

we are suspending in-person classes effective immediately and will move to an all-online or other alternative method of course delivery starting Monday, March 16th and continuing through the remainder of the semester.

To be clear, this is not a closure. 

Yesterday (March 18) there was another directive which among other things stated that all on-site campus activities are cancelled until further notice. 

Looks like Derick's doing classes online. I'm glad he has an office at home where he can do his classes without distractions from his family, and Jill and the boys don't have to tiptoe around because he's on his laptop.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

On 3/16/2020 at 6:58 PM, MargeGunderson said:

Jer and Ginger should take note - Jill’s post blows Jer’s post about the virus out of the water.

You mean Derick’s post? 😊 There’s no way in hell that Jill wrote that, and honestly, Derick’s not half-bad at writing composition.

• Like 3

On 3/16/2020 at 2:30 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Jill made an entire video about shopping during the pandemic. Honey, we've all been there. I guess I will watch it. Not much else to do cooped up at home.

I watched the entire video, and it was better than most of the other videos that she’s come up with.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I watched the entire video, and it was better than most of the other videos that she’s come up with.

Actually, she and the boys look really cute in that video.

If that globe is for the kids...then, Yay! At least they're learning that the world isn't flat with the Ark floating off the edge. (Yes, globes are still used in schools.)

Just FYI.....try Big Lots for TP and paper towels.....early...when they open in the morning.

• Like 9

Cathy's at it again. Yeah hon, praying is really going to protect you. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

I’m sure his door dash career will take off now that restaurants (at least In NC) are take out only. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t recall the * info being there previously.

57653128-B623-4D9F-9227-F7F1206AF337.jpeg

Quick, somebody watch an interview (any interview will do), become an expert, print yourself a certificate and contact the Dillards for an interview.

• Laugh 9

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jilly looks like she's got major cleavage going on in this pic. I'm sure it's some kind of condiment-colored top, but Lolli might want to shut this down.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

14 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m sure his door dash career will take off now that restaurants (at least In NC) are take out only. 

Doordash has been delivering groceries here where I'm at. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That's been there for quite a while.

I also wonder who challenged Jill in that swan4kids thing. It wasn't Jinger, and I suspect she was on the front lines of this. It also wasn't Jana or Erin Bates Paine, who haven't taken up the challenge.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 2

They're volunteers! Who have an agent. But Still, volunteers!

Call our agent!

• Laugh 8

10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That's been there for quite a while

I guess I’m not very observant.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

They're volunteers! Who have an agent. But Still, volunteers!

Call our agent!

And they're volunteers with a contract! Until they don't have a contract. 🤣

• Like 6

Those kids are literally bouncing off the walls.  Meanwhile Deertick's study-room door is sealed shut.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Maybe, maybe not. A friend of mine does delivery for Pizza Hut. Orders are way down and drivers are being sent home. She made $20 yesterday 😥 (we're in NC)

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

On 3/19/2020 at 9:50 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

A lot of people lost their jobs. I doubt many will be ordering out. 

• Sad 9

I just assumed demand was up because a lot of delivery places here have been hiring a lot lately, not just grocery delivery. It’s the only way I can get a piece of chicken at the moment since it’s sold out at grocery stores. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Those kids are literally bouncing off the walls.  Meanwhile Deertick's study-room door is sealed shut.

As the only possible future income source in that household, I would hope so!

Mommy Jill needs to finally grow up and deal with her stay at home mommy status for the next 12 plus months.  My gut feeling is the world of income generating reality shows featuring bizarre participants is now dead.  It will shift to real families coping with the new reality.  

Yet, her little family might be ok.

• Like 12

On 3/20/2020 at 6:56 AM, ginger90 said:

for business requests ?? what business ? he didn't list a business... at least say he's a 3rd year law student..and doesn't have have an accounting degree? is he a CPA ?

• Laugh 4

1 hour ago, sATL said:

for business requests ?? what business ? he didn't list a business... at least say he's a 3rd year law student..and doesn't have have an accounting degree? is he a CPA ?

He's 2L and never did the schooling required to become a CPA. His only degree is undergrad.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

From their blog:

Things To Do With Kids During The Coronavirus

Mar 23, 2020 | Family Blog | 0 

If you’re like us, trying to do our part and participate in social distancing during the coronavirus, the day can get crazy while being stuck at home most of the time with little kids, especially if the weather is bad over half the time. Here are some of our favorite outdoor and indoor activities that we hope will help provide more ideas for fun with your kids! 

Indoor Activities:

-Do indoor pretend long jump (use masking tape to draw a line and mark where each child lands). 

-Have a dance party. There are lots of kid songs on YouTube. Most of the time we don’t even use the screen, but just hook up the audio from our phone to our bluetooth speaker. 

-Watch/do a kid fitness class on YouTube.

-Play Play-Doh (look online for recipes to make your own!)

-Build a fort or tent.

-Play games together. UNO has been a game we have enjoyed recently and has helped Samuel (2 yrs. old) have fun learning his numbers and colors better!

-Set up an obstacle course. Make sure to play kid-intense music while playing! Our boys like the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack (thanks Uncle Benji 🙂 ). 

-Make pretend grocery store or city with various places. Make fake money to pay for stuff. (As a kid, we used to play “store” when it was time to clean up and we’d use our treadmill as our grocery store conveyor belt, then go put stuff away.) 

-Let them help make something in the kitchen with you.

-Check out new books and movies from the library (if yours is still open!) or online if you have that option and read a chapter book together as a family! We’ve recently started reading the “Boxcar Children” book series to the boys. 

-Make cards for friends and family.

-Play the balloon game (try to keep it up in the air). 

-Do an indoor scavenger hunt (you can find fun ones online!)

-Do art lessons for kids on YouTube (the boys enjoy art for kids hub).

-Sensory play bins. @busytoddler on Instagram has lots of great ideas! 

-Extend bath and shower time and add food coloring and toys (kitchen scoops work great!) for extra fun!

-Rotate toys and books to keep kids interested and actually be able to see what all they have.

Outdoor Activities: 

-“Paint” the fence with spray bottle or paint brushes and water

-Take lots of walks or go for a hike

-Have backyard races or set up an obstacle course.

-Make pretend “soup” outside

-Have a picnic at home or out

-Have rock stacking contest 

-Do a scavenger hunt (you can find fun ones online!)

-Make s’mores or dinner outside over a fire pit or a coffee can fire outside. Our kids even love making toast over the fire!

-Play chalk. I saw something recently that suggested writing encouraging messages on sidewalks for neighbors or people passing by. 

Tips:

-Set timers for everything! (Making our kids aware of the transition helps them prepare and mentally shift)

-Play a cleanup song (there are several on YouTube) or other favorite upbeat song while doing quick cleanups throughout the day.

-Let little kids help with chores. We have a little chore pack for the boys with pictures of simple chores. We don’t do it every day, but they like being able to switch the cards out and all. 

What tips do you have for keeping kids busy while having fun? Drop a comment below. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, SMama said:

Jill’s always home with the kids. WTF is this post about? She just noticed them all of a sudden?

Valium wore off? Yay!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 13

Poor Jill has to socially distance from her MLM BFF Rachel, so her kids don't have the playmates we had growing up. I spent most of my time outside without games bring scheduled for me. That's what imagination is for!

• Like 8

A pleasant, useful post with ideas that may not be ground-breaking but are reasonably fun, fairly age appropriate and 100% secular? Dang, Jill! (Although 2-year-old Sam reading The Boxcar Children is a little much. There! Snark! I feel better).

• Like 14
  • Laugh 7

1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

My mom just told me to come back for dinner. It was up to me to find what to do all day. 😂😂😂

Yep. We had to be home by the time the street lights came on!

• Like 17

2 hours ago, SMama said:

Jill’s always home with the kids. WTF is this post about? She just noticed them all of a sudden?

She just noticed a way to appear relevant!  Credit where it’s due. 

Maybe Jessa can get around to flushing one of her toilets, or dusting! 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 19

Hey lets give Jill a little credit, usually she doesn't know what the hell to do with those kids, but those are a lot of good suggestions for a graduate of the Duggar School of "I Don't Give a Crap".

Edited by Chicklet
  • Like 18

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It is a wonder that my siblings and I, and my children were able to play when we were younger without having all these handy dandy tips all over the internet.

I'm pretty impressed with my family.

To be fair though, the Coronavirus wasn't around in the 1980s, when I was a kid. I was able to entertain myself without the internet because I had the option of socializing with other kids my age.

• Like 13

Cathy has posted some Jesus Take the Wheel type stuff. That said, I bet she's working from home and self-quarantining.

• Like 1

I'm not sure food coloring in bath water is a great idea, but the rest is pretty cool, especially the books and dancing.  Yay, Jill!

• Like 7

Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.