Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

No way Jill took that picture of the bananas and banana bread.

I'm divided on whether she's back to stealing images or has learned the wonders of public domain images. I'd eat my proverbial hat if she took that pic. 🙂

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, SMama said:

OOPS, can’t get rid of second box. I was wondering if something new triggered that comment. Is it Derick’s alleged upcoming interview with the Crystal Ball lady? I do miss a lot, especially now that SGirl is doing Online school, and SBaba is telecommuting. I love them both, but there is no me time.

Bolding mine, but man do I feel you, I have 3 at home and a husband who is now working from home and it is quite a change.....

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm divided on whether she's back to stealing images or has learned the wonders of public domain images. I'd eat my proverbial hat if she took that pic. 🙂

It's far too artsy and composed to be Jill, but a quick Google reverse image search says it doesn't exist elsewhere online. Take that for what you will. 🤷🏼‍♀️

24F5BFB0-BED0-44FA-AC04-F2DB6CD6DFA9.jpeg

• Useful 9
2 minutes ago, McManda said:

It's far too artsy and composed to be Jill, but a quick Google reverse image search says it doesn't exist elsewhere online. Take that for what you will. 🤷🏼‍♀️

24F5BFB0-BED0-44FA-AC04-F2DB6CD6DFA9.jpeg

Hmm the plot thickens! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

If forced to a choice among starvation, banana bread, and eating my own hair...

Banana bread comes in last. 😝

Any banana bread or just Jill's? 🙂

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

If forced to a choice among starvation, banana bread, and eating my own hair...

Banana bread comes in last. 😝

I'm right there with you. And for me, it's any banana bread. I like bananas but they need to stay in their lane, which is a smoothie lane or an as-themselves-without-embellishment lane. Or maybe those Girl Scout banana boats where you split one in half, take it out of the peel, fill it with marshmallows and chocolate chips, wrap it it foil, and heat it in the coals. But banana bread is RIGHT OUT.

I will say that Jill's recipe did not look horrible, as a recipe, and that is the most positive thing I've ever said about any of her culinary attempts.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 7

LOL I don't like bananas on their own, but I love banana bread. (I have similar feelings about apples versus apple pie. . . .)

Not convinced that is an actual pic of Jill's handiwork, but that is a pretty good-looking loaf of banana bread. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Zella said:

LOL I don't like bananas on their own, but I love banana bread. (I have similar feelings about apples versus apple pie. . . .)

Not convinced that is an actual pic of Jill's handiwork, but that is a pretty good-looking loaf of banana bread. 

I like banana bread well enough, and really love a blueberry banana bread. Hmmm...I have some bananas getting a bit tired, but not blueberries. Mr, Jyn was going to brave the grocery store later on, though.

As far as the picture, I suppose it's possible that she either saw a similar image and decided to try her hand at an actual artsy photograph, or maybe it was taken  by someone she knows who enjoys photography. Not sure who, though, or why they would necessarily send it to her. 

Is it possible that even though it doesn't exist on the internet, it's an image out of a cookbook or something that she stole? It doesn't really look like a photo of a photo, though. Could Dreck be dabbling in photography for some reason? Could developing into a photography prodigy factor into Sam's bid for escape?

Yeah, it totally doesn't scream of Jill's sensibilities, but somehow it exists. LOL. As @Zella says, the plot thickens.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Zella said:

Any banana bread or just Jill's? 🙂

Just Jill's although to be fair I wouldn't eat anything cooked or baked in any of the Duggar houses. I don't trust their cooking, baking, or sanitary skills. If it was between Jill's banana bread and one found in a trash can I'd go with the one in trash can.  

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Just Jill's although to be fair I wouldn't eat anything cooked or baked in any of the Duggar houses. I don't trust their cooking, baking, or sanitary skills. If it was between Jill's banana bread and one found in a trash can I'd go with the one in trash can.  

The trashcan bread might be growing penicillin, which is a plus. Jills bread would be 85% bananas and 15% hair and germs. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I can't believe that anybody would be eating food made by a neighbor when they have no idea what their medical status is. 

We can at least assume that food service workers at drive-throughs and take-out restaurants have no symptoms & are using extra sanitary precautions when preparing and delivering food.  That's a State Board of Health requirement at minimum.   But neighbors you know have small children and horrible hygiene?  Dillard Idiots.  

I'd order a hazmat suit from Amazon & pitch that loaf in the nearest dumpster if I found it on my porch.  

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7

Love banana bread, but I have a borderline irrational hatred of raisins in bread or cookies. I could eat raisins by the bucketful, but put them in a cookie and blech

I cannot believe Jill or Derek took that picture. Not sure how it didn't show up in an image search, but I will never be convinced it wasn't "borrowed"

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Love banana bread, but I have a borderline irrational hatred of raisins in bread or cookies. I could eat raisins by the bucketful, but put them in a cookie and blech

I cannot believe Jill or Derek took that picture. Not sure how it didn't show up in an image search, but I will never be convinced it wasn't "borrowed"

I'm with you!  I used to pick the raisins out of my mom's homemade cinnamon rolls.  Raisins on their own are fine.  Put them in anything baked, and I second your blech!

Nope.  I wouldn't eat anything Jill made, although it's a nice gesture on her part.  I agree that the picture doesn't look anything like Jill's previous pictures of her (usually) godawful creations, with the cluttered background(s).  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I like banana bread well enough, and really love a blueberry banana bread. Hmmm...I have some bananas getting a bit tired, but not blueberries. Mr, Jyn was going to brave the grocery store later on, though.

Off topic, sorry! Blueberry banana bread? That sounds delicious! When you bake with blueberries do you use fresh or frozen? I'm hesitant to try with frozen (the frozen raspberries were a soggy mess!) and the fresh blueberries, besides being kind of expensive right now, are on the sour side. I've been wanting to make some blueberry scones lately though. 

I've got some past eatable bananas ... maybe this weekend I'll take a stanb at Jill's recipe, just to see. It's banana bread, how awful could it actually be?

Wait, I just looked. While the recipe doesn't sound awful ... 6 large bananas, 2 cups of sugar, and 4 cups of flour? That's more of a Duggar-sized recipe than a Dillard one, imo. I'd have to halve it. Or third it.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 4

From their blog:

Dates: Being Intentional (& Safe) During the Coronavirus

Mar 26, 2020 | Family Blog

While we are grateful for the extra bonding time as a little family during this social distancing thing with the coronavirus looming, we have also found it challenging to get uninterrupted quality time for our marriage relationship. Combine that with spending more of our time at home and stress levels being higher than normal, we find ourselves having to be more intentional in a lot of ways. 

We’ve usually had weekly dates out of the house, without the kids, but now we have car dates with the kids or sometimes they end up being in-home pizza dates after the kids are in bed. Whatever your dates look like right now, we are finding that intentionality plays a huge role in whether it happens or not. 

The ongoing coronavirus situation kind of reminds us of our former life on the international mission field when the country we were in was pretty volatile. Most contact with family and friends back home was over Skype or FaceTime, we always had a body guard with us, and we didn’t feel comfortable leaving our child with anyone based on the severity of danger in the country, so most of our dates were a family trip to town for groceries and a stop at Subway, or in-home date with cookies listening to a podcast after the baby was in bed. 

Throwing back to before quarantine life, I thought I’d share a video from one of our recent date outings along with some resources you might enjoy right now for at-home dates! 

Derick surprised me with an amazing date this past Valentines Day. I knew we were planning for a night out with a sitter, but he kept the details a surprise (hard to do with me sometimes, but I’m learning to trust more as he learns more about me too, lol).

First, we had breakfast for dinner at Waffle House. It had been forever since I’d been there, but we’d recently talked about trying it because some locations were decorating and setting the mood for Valentine’s Day and the environment seemed chill and like it might be different but fun. It didn’t disappoint. It was a great place, the food was delicious and wasn’t as crowded as some of the other restaurants probably were. 

Next, we got in the car and Derick told me to open the glovebox and I’d have my next clue! The clue was tickets to see the North Forest Lights, a temporary winter attraction at our local museum, Crystal Bridges! We went over to the museum first and walked through while waiting for our reserved time to open for the lights before heading over. 

The North Forest Lights trail was so romantic and beautiful, complete with smells and sounds (and hot chocolate;-) ) to involve as many of the senses as possible! It was so enjoyable to unwind after a busy week! 

Below are some pictures and a video from our evening out. 

Practicing social distancing doesn’t necessarily mean neglecting important areas in your life, including and especially dating in your marriage. However, it is also necessary for all of us to do our part during this time, in the fight against the Coronavirus. With this in mind, couples everywhere can get creative, deepen their connection with each other, and grow closer during this time rather than succumbing to the strains that are undeniably present. This might include doing marriage questionnaires or personality teststogether, listening to podcasts together, keeping up with couples therapy sessions online, looking for outdoor activities to enjoy while also practicing social distancing, such as hiking, fishing, or simply going on a walk around the block. After the kids go to bed, it’s also a good idea to order take-out and support your local restaurants during this time. We are obviously in unprecedented times, but our relationships do not have to be included in the casualties 

Some of our favorite marriage resources are Family Life Today (podcasts, weekend getaways, cruises, etc.), Dating Divas (lots of fun, cheap and free marriage games, tips and challenges), Dave Ramsey show (not focused on marriage, but definitely relates!) and Focus on the Family (podcasts, books and much more!). 

How do you prioritize your marriage, especially during this difficult pandemic? Drop us a comment below.

(I believe the video was previously posted here.)

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

From their blog:

Dates: Being Intentional (& Safe) During the Coronavirus

Mar 26, 2020 | Family Blog

While we are grateful for the extra bonding time as a little family during this social distancing thing with the coronavirus looming, we have also found it challenging to get uninterrupted quality time for our marriage relationship. Combine that with spending more of our time at home and stress levels being higher than normal, we find ourselves having to be more intentional in a lot of ways. 

We’ve usually had weekly dates out of the house, without the kids, but now we have car dates with the kids or sometimes they end up being in-home pizza dates after the kids are in bed. Whatever your dates look like right now, we are finding that intentionality plays a huge role in whether it happens or not. 

The ongoing coronavirus situation kind of reminds us of our former life on the international mission field when the country we were in was pretty volatile. Most contact with family and friends back home was over Skype or FaceTime, we always had a body guard with us, and we didn’t feel comfortable leaving our child with anyone based on the severity of danger in the country, so most of our dates were a family trip to town for groceries and a stop at Subway, or in-home date with cookies listening to a podcast after the baby was in bed. 

Throwing back to before quarantine life, I thought I’d share a video from one of our recent date outings along with some resources you might enjoy right now for at-home dates! 

Derick surprised me with an amazing date this past Valentines Day. I knew we were planning for a night out with a sitter, but he kept the details a surprise (hard to do with me sometimes, but I’m learning to trust more as he learns more about me too, lol).

First, we had breakfast for dinner at Waffle House. It had been forever since I’d been there, but we’d recently talked about trying it because some locations were decorating and setting the mood for Valentine’s Day and the environment seemed chill and like it might be different but fun. It didn’t disappoint. It was a great place, the food was delicious and wasn’t as crowded as some of the other restaurants probably were. 

Next, we got in the car and Derick told me to open the glovebox and I’d have my next clue! The clue was tickets to see the North Forest Lights, a temporary winter attraction at our local museum, Crystal Bridges! We went over to the museum first and walked through while waiting for our reserved time to open for the lights before heading over. 

The North Forest Lights trail was so romantic and beautiful, complete with smells and sounds (and hot chocolate;-) ) to involve as many of the senses as possible! It was so enjoyable to unwind after a busy week! 

Below are some pictures and a video from our evening out. 

Practicing social distancing doesn’t necessarily mean neglecting important areas in your life, including and especially dating in your marriage. However, it is also necessary for all of us to do our part during this time, in the fight against the Coronavirus. With this in mind, couples everywhere can get creative, deepen their connection with each other, and grow closer during this time rather than succumbing to the strains that are undeniably present. This might include doing marriage questionnaires or personality teststogether, listening to podcasts together, keeping up with couples therapy sessions online, looking for outdoor activities to enjoy while also practicing social distancing, such as hiking, fishing, or simply going on a walk around the block. After the kids go to bed, it’s also a good idea to order take-out and support your local restaurants during this time. We are obviously in unprecedented times, but our relationships do not have to be included in the casualties 

Some of our favorite marriage resources are Family Life Today (podcasts, weekend getaways, cruises, etc.), Dating Divas (lots of fun, cheap and free marriage games, tips and challenges), Dave Ramsey show (not focused on marriage, but definitely relates!) and Focus on the Family (podcasts, books and much more!). 

How do you prioritize your marriage, especially during this difficult pandemic? Drop us a comment below.

(I believe the video was previously posted here.)

🤮

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Dates. Intentional. Relationship. Restaurants. No kids. Kids in bed. On The Mission Field. Social Distancing. Waffles. Danger. Emotional Maturity of a 14 with a first boyfriend.

OK, artificial intelligence, there’s all your targets, now generate a blog post.

( I’m surprised Jill didn’t mention the sexy lotion sexy sex sex sex they’re constantly having.  They’re probably doing it right now! )

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Jill did not write this.  There are words with more than two syllables.  "Intentionality"?   Not a Jill word.

Oh, it's another of Derelict's masterpieces. 

• Love 6

Ironically I read an article that predicted that divorce would rise after the pandemic. That being forced in a house and not allowed to leave is a real test for a marriage and one that a few would fail.  Also people will argue about if they washed their hands enough or whether the other person wasn't social distancing enough. It will put further strain on relationship problems that already exist. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Holy wow. I wonder if this is hype or if this woman actually got some truths out of Derick.

I predict some Derelict double talk with some legalese thrown in. We have all been teased with his truths before. But it would be awesome if he outsmarted himself and actually revealed something.

• Love 19

Reddit  has already verified that Jills Netflix picture is lifted off of Pinterest. Give credit where it’s due, Jilly Muffin. At least you didn’t have that open flame on your bed. Given your safety record, the house would’ve burned down during lotion time.

I love how this retelling the story also left out that the fancy Italian restaurant they were going to was closed and waffle house was their second choice. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I watched to 2/3 of it.  Nothing really new. Derreck claims to have a gay frat brother but he still in contact with. It was very much in the tone of “I have black friends”.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I cannot believe I am about to watch these... But here we are. 

On behalf of those of us who refuse to give that toothy bastard clicks, I appreciate your sacrifice. 

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

That lady does not have a great reputation on social media. 

I know nothing about her, but I've watched a couple of her videos and...maybe I'm just too cynical about these people, but I think she's way too generous in her interpretations of their motivations. It's like JB is the Big Evil (which, yes he is), and therefore everyone who publicly disagrees with him is a saint. Derick's treatment of Jazz is all about his concern for the exploitation of children, according to her. And Amy was horribly used by the show without compensation, ignoring the fact that she has actively tried to to get fame for herself by using her connection to a famous family. 

I don't think this youtuber's motivations are suspect, but she definitely has an extreme case of tunnel vision and it makes it impossible to take her seriously on the subject of the Duggars. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8

I don't want to give them clicks. But because I am a contract truther, I want to know what, if any, BS Derick claims about TLC contracts now in that interview. 🙂 Please and thank you!

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

I don't want to give them clicks. But because I am a contract truther, I want to know what, if any, BS Derick claims about TLC contracts now in that interview. 🙂 Please and thank you!

He mentioned he wasn’t allowed to announce the pregnancies, the gender of his children, and engagement etc.  He also mentioned that he wanted TLC to pay for Israel’s birth, even though they were volunteers. So basically they were volunteers That wanted to be paid after the fact. Jill also had a contract. Jill is also a volunteer.

He mentioned that women could have short hair, piercings, and wear pants, and that his mom was moral and still wore pants modestly.  He mentioned that the boys could pursue whatever passions they wanted and we’re allowed to seek higher education.  He mentioned that it is not a sin to drink alcohol according to the Bible, just to be drunk is a sin. He mentioned he has drank alcohol but didn’t go into detail. It implied Jill had not had alcohol ever. 

It’s honestly just more of the same from him. She did mention that more will come out when Derreck feels comfortable about talking about it. She also didn’t ask any direct questions about the whole Jazz thing.  The parts of this interview I listened to any of us here could’ve written up. A great big ball of nothing.

No mention of the hilariously opaque family ministry charity, or their time in danger America in the parts I listened to.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Useful 10
  • Love 2
Just now, JoanArc said:

He mentioned he wasn’t allowed to announce the pregnancies, the gender of his children, and engagement etc.  He also mentioned that he wanted TLC to pay for Israel’s birth, even though they were volunteers. So basically they were volunteers That wanted to be paid after the fact. Jill also had a contract. Jill is also a volunteer.

I mention that women could have short hair, piercings, and wear pants, and that his mom was moral and still wore pants modestly.  He mentioned that the boys could pursue whatever passions they wanted and we’re allowed to seek higher education.  He mentioned that it is not a sin to drink alcohol according to the Bible, just to be drunk is a sin. He mentioned he has drank alcohol but didn’t go into detail. It implied Jill had not had alcohol ever. 

It’s honestly just more of the same from him. She did mention that more will come out when Derreck feels comfortable about talking about it. She also didn’t ask any direct questions about the whole Jazz thing.  The parts of this interview I listen to any of us here could’ve written up. A great big ball of nothing.

No mention of the hilariously opaque family ministry charity, or their time in danger America in the parts I listened to.

Very interesting--thank you! Sounds like a pure softball interview, but I can't see him consenting to a more rigorous questioning. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Zella said:

Very interesting--thank you! Sounds like a pure softball interview, but I can't see him consenting to a more rigorous questioning. 

A wadded up ball made out of banana bread. He really seems like the kind of person that’s just gonna rehash the same shit with spicy new detail here and there for the next 30 years. We’ve got a new financial crisis a new reality thanks to the virus, I don’t think anyone is going to be very interested in his story for much longer so he better shit or get off the pot. It’s never going to happen.

He also mentioned that it is a shame that Amy cannot speak about what she wants to speak about. Every answer was generic like that. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

A wadded up ball made out of banana bread. He really seems like the kind of person that’s just gonna rehash the same shit with spicy bowl detail here in there for the next 30 years. We’ve got a new financial crisis a new reality thanks to the virus, I don’t think anyone is going to be very interested in his story for much longer so he better shit or get off the pot. It’s never going to happen.

He also mentioned that it is a shame that Amy cannot speak about what she wants to speak about. Every answer was generic like that. 

He's got to up the specifics in his shitstirring if he wants to write a book. 🤣

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

She also mentioned that Derick said Jill wanted to stop doing the show when the In Touch reports were released but were told they were legally obliged to keep going.

It was so effing painful to hear her sloooooooooooooooooowly recite everything we snarkers know already. Yes Josh touched his sisters. Yes the Oprah staffer sent in the tip. Yes the lawsuit against the three individuals in Springdale is still ongoing. Get to the point. 

It does make me wonder. Apparently their relationship suffered under the strain of being filmed. But their entire relationship was broadcast to the world up until they were voted off the island. How do they have a comparison point?

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

He also mentioned that they had done counseling with a licensed therapist and recommended the book on boundaries that Jill once posted about. He didn't offer much more about the estrangement. 

• Useful 8
4 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

She also mentioned that Derick said Jill wanted to stop doing the show when the In Touch reports were released but were told they were legally obliged to keep going.

It was so effing painful to hear her sloooooooooooooooooowly recite everything we snarkers know already. Yes Josh touched his sisters. Yes the Oprah staffer sent in the tip. Yes the lawsuit against the three individuals in Springdale is still ongoing. Get to the point. 

It does make me wonder. Apparently their relationship suffered under the strain of being filmed. But their entire relationship was broadcast to the world up until they were voted off the island. How do they have a comparison point?

So I'm still confused. They were volunteers, but legally obligated to film? The Oprah tip happened long before Derick.

And good point, they never knew dating without a camera crew.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So I'm still confused. They were volunteers, but legally obligated to film? The Oprah tip happened long before Derick.

And good point, they never knew dating without a camera crew.

I imagine Boob gave them a steaming pile of crap about lawsuits to keep Jill in the fold. 

I'm still wondering who threatened Amy, but lawsuits seem to be Boob's jam, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was really him after all. I just want to know how he (or anyone) found out about the interview in the first place?

• Useful 7
2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

The longer her video is, the more YouTube pays her for views. It took her five minutes to recap the story up to the creation of Counting On: Jill & Jessa, then I quit watching. I knew it would be a huge tease. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2