Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, zoomama said:

i still think its derick who is making the decision to prevent more babies.  if left up to jill, she'd be preggers today.

I have a feeling she would want to get pregnant, then get pregnant, and then, on some level hate it.  Marriage and children is just such an ambivalent experience for Jill it must be its own kind of torturous hell. 

• Love 13

At the very, very least--------

It would have presented much better if the dates were removed from the WalMart bag and placed in a container of sorts. The olives too could have been put in a bowl (an attractive or colorful bowl would have scored extra slippery points).

And lastly, would it have been difficult to put the cookies on a plate and not in a bag. Maybe, a sweet handwritten note attached?

I guess presentation to them is nothing of importance, but I sure would give a shit about it.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Fig Newton said:

At the very, very least--------

It would have presented much better if the dates were removed from the WalMart bag and placed in a container of sorts. The olives too could have been put in a bowl (an attractive or colorful bowl would have scored extra slippery points).

And lastly, would it have been difficult to put the cookies on a plate and not in a bag. Maybe, a sweet handwritten note attached?

I guess presentation to them is nothing of importance, but I sure would give a shit about it.

Maybe cookies for now and the rest for another time?  No fans of them, but I wouldn't put it all out if it wasn't intended to be consumed right then.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

It’s the Hannah Gosselin Law of Reality TV Kids. The one who was the explicit, uncontested favorite of the parent who sold his/her children’s childhoods to TLC will be the one to rebel. 

Suck it, Jim Bob. Your chief snitch is all grown up and doing something that must scare the shit out of her so her own child won’t have the limitations you forced on her. 

Brilliant analogy!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Holy crap! Huge news! Izzy is officially registered for kindergarten at a PUBLIC SCHOOL! 

I just saw this on the other site!  Good for them.  

8 minutes ago, Steff said:

My soft spot for Jill just got a little bigger.  This must scare the shit out of her, but she's going for it.  This is the biggest breakout moment yet IMO.  Pants & a nose ring don't hold a candle to putting her kid in a real school.  She will be the mom who cries the hardest on that first day of school, but it will be for so many more reasons than the typical emotional mess mom.  I never thought that I would feel "proud" of a reality tv person, much less a Duggar, but hell, I'm so proud of her for doing this.  Looks like they were first in line on the first day of registration.  She didn't drag her feet or procrastinate at all.  Way too go Jilly! 

AND a haircut!  

• Love 8
Just now, lilwhitelion said:

I'll very willingly overlook the repeated 'Are you excited??' questions because you get the sense that they all are genuinely excited for this step.

I also was willing to overlook the "Yay!"

• LOL 6
  • Love 12

Good for them. Although it's just kindergarten and I guess I don't see the big deal. I haven't really worried about these kids except for the dangerous balancing stunts. I hope this goes well and doesn't scare them out of taking the kids out of school. I think Jill could handle Kindergarten and the next few years afterwards. It's those later grades with all those advanced subjects that get harder and harder for homeschooling parents to handle. I know a woman who used to teach advanced math who teaches homeschooled kids. 

I always had more confidence in Jill and Derick to educate their kids than most of the other Duggars (except JinJer). Jill was one of the brightest Duggars who has her GED and Derick has a real education. It seems like people particularly wanted Israel and Samuel to go to school and seem less concerned about the other Duggar grands. The M-kids, Garrett, Gideon, Spurgeon, Henry, etc. all seem to be growing up homeschooled or will be. 

Since Jill and Derick have been going to a mainstream Baptist church for a long time, it seems very likely that they know other parents who send their kid to public schools. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Good for them. Although it's just kindergarten and I guess I don't see the big deal. I haven't really worried about these kids except for the dangerous balancing stunts. I hope this goes well and doesn't scare them out of taking the kids out of school. I think Jill could handle Kindergarten and the next few years afterwards. It's those later grades with all those advanced subjects that get harder and harder for homeschooling parents to handle. I know a woman who used to teach advanced math who teaches homeschooled kids. 

I always had more confidence in Jill and Derick to educate their kids than most of the other Duggars (except JinJer). Jill was one of the brightest Duggars who has her GED and Derick has a real education. It seems like people particularly wanted Israel and Samuel to go to school and seem less concerned about the other Duggar grands. The M-kids, Garrett, Gideon, Spurgeon, Henry, etc. all seem to be growing up homeschooled or will be. 

Since Jill and Derick have been going to a mainstream Baptist church for a long time, it seems very likely that they know other parents who send their kid to public schools. 

I think it's more significant as a statement on how much she is breaking away from her parents' beliefs and the way she was raised than anything because what she is doing is normal to most people, but she was basically raised to think of public schools as evil. 

I also don't think Jill is emotionally capable of effectively homeschooling her children, regardless of the grade level, and the fact she may have had the ability to recognize this in herself surprises me (in a good way). Even if Jill could handle the academic demands of teaching a kindergartner, I don't think she has the patience to do a good job of it, and she and Derick do seem to have some weird resentment toward Izzy at times. Homeschooling at any age can be incredibly frustrating, and I think there was legitimate concern that would not be handled well since she already seems so overwhelmed. 

As for the other grandkids, I don't know that their parents have manifested some of the same disturbing tendencies that Jill has of seeming to resent her children at times. I really don't have a problem with people homeschooling their kids if they know what they are doing (I was homeschooled myself from 5th grade up), but I have seen it done very badly, and I really think that the issues she has with her children would dramatically increase if she was homeschooling them. So, to me, this was a very wise move. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 22

Whoohoo. Jill gets a lot of flack even though every parent here has done a dozen things other parents (to include people here) would shame them on (but those weird bibs? Woof!) 

I think that the further JB and Mullet pushes them away, they just more and more adopt a "fuck it, let's be normal and do normal things!" . I still maintain that part of Ds issue with JB  is Joshgate and i suspect Jill is still traumatized. And while he says a lot of stupid things, I have no doubt he loves his JillyMuffin and isn't pleased that she suffered so much in the interest of protecting Gathsrdism.

Edited by asuwur
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Holy crap! Huge news! Izzy is officially registered for kindergarten at a PUBLIC SCHOOL! 

First video I have ever watched.  Yah.  So normal.  Almost tear jerking in the Duggar context.  The best part was the little guy who sucked in every moment so he will roll his eyes when his turn comes.  Hopefully, he goes to 3K or 4K.  

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Gweilo said:

Jessa's going to have to go a step further and enrol her children in Montessori!

There is a Montessori elementary school in Fayetteville about 5 minutes from Blessa's house. They could pick Spurgeon up in between dates, I mean, outings to Whole Foods. 😉 

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

I was getting all the feels for how excited Derick seemed in the video. He looked relieved, to be honest. I think having a wife that dependent on him for life chores was weighing him down, and the #besthubbyever decided that this was the best decision for his family. Which is totally okay. For once, I'm all for Jilly following her headship if her headship found a nice normal school for Izzy.

• Love 24

Wow, this IS good news! I wonder who convinced Jill that she is not capable of properly educating her children? Whoever it was, congrats to them. Yes, I agree that Israel will do wonderfully and benefit a great deal from this. I noticed how is was anxious to enter the school. Great all the way around.

• Love 12

I am thrilled with this news! I think it will be great for Izzy and for the whole family.

1 minute ago, floridamom said:

Wow, this IS good news! I wonder who convinced Jill that she is not capable of properly educating her children? Whoever it was, congrats to them. Yes, I agree that Israel will do wonderfully and benefit a great deal from this. I noticed how is was anxious to enter the school. Great all the way around.

Probably Derick. If Izzy can have a public school education, he will benefit greatly from it. Not saying good homeschooling is bad, but Duggar homeschooling is not great.

• Love 19

I can't wait for Sam to go to PreK...it would be more convenient for Jill if they were both in the same school. Think of all the cleaning, laundry, errands and great meals she can prepare while they are in school!  We all can hope. Jill also can volunteer to be a class mother. I did it when my older one was in 2nd grade. It was great while I did it. I was younger too and had more energy! Great news....now for Sam.

Oh, I forgot the most important thing....Jill had better not send Israel to kindergarten with that stupid plastic bib!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, SMama said:

I think Derick went all angry white male on Boy Scouts allowing girls to join. 

yes, he did.

but if the school has a small pack and no girls maybe, just maybe it would be allowable

• Love 4