Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I'm guessing Jill posted about using nipple cream as lip balm because it's a "hack". Hacks seem to be very trendy and while I find some interesting, most of them have been around for eons. It seems for some, the information was never passed down. Everything old is new again, I guess.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 7

Yeah, using nipple cream as a lip balm is a fairly common hack for people taking Accutane. I've never tried it but a friend of mine on the medication said it was recommended to her years ago (she said it was pretty gross and sticky).

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

while Jill was touting the greatness of nipple cream as lip balm derick was being, you know derickderick.jpg.4f205dea9fb4a2ed4cbe407c3e70290a.jpgderick2.jpg.496825f276417651c46126abc946231d.jpg

I’ll then wait for someone to scan it or buy it used for 99 cents. You know it’s going to be 95 percent Jesus. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
Just now, kokapetl said:

I’ll then wait for someone to scan it or buy it used for 99 cents. You know it’s going to be 95 percent Jesus. 

I'd read a library (or pirated) copy. But yeah definitely not buying it! LOL

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 1/17/2020 at 10:44 PM, Zella said:

That's true. I just don't remember details quite like "Jill can't go to the TTH without Big Daddy Jim Bob's permission, even when her sister is in labor" before now. I feel like there's ugly and then there's UGLY. And what we're hearing now is UGLY. 

I wonder how shunned she is. I always thought that they didn’t want her there that day b/c no one was at home/everyone in Texas. (That would’ve been a good time to look around for the TLC contract.) But on a regular day, it seems like there are more people around. 

On 1/24/2020 at 5:07 PM, lookeyloo said:

I am so tempted to mail them a list of snark links and some print offs from this site!!! From an obscure place of course!!

I want to send a list of questions & ask him to respond on Twitter. 

1–Did you know about the Josh situation before marriage?

2–Can Jill have more kids/Why so secretive about Sam’s birth?

Feel free to add on. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

2–Can Jill have more kids/Why so secretive about Sam’s birth?

Feel free to add on. 

I don't think they're all that secretive about Sam's birth. Sam was born via c-section after 40 hours of labor.  TLC seems to have stopped filming them about that time so no episode. Fundies love homebirth and vaginal birth, so most of the leghumpers weren't interested in hearing about a second consective c-section. (As someone who knows multiple babies/people now grown and their mothers who were saved by c-sections, it makes sad and angry that fundies and even regular people shame women who've had c-sections.)

As for Jill having more kids, both Jill and Derick have made it clear they think Jill can have more kids. Derick said she didn't get a hysteretomy and both he and Jill have made statements saying they expect/ may want to have more children. If there is some reason Jill can't have more kids, then the Dillards haven't realised that yet. Derick has also mentioned wanting to deliberately slow the baby train so it could be deliberate they have yet to have more children. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Neither does Jessa.

It’s so sad, because jessa and Jill both could actually help their families by going to cosmetology school. The cost would be a drop in the bucket to JB, they wouldn’t be tempted as they’d go to school with mostly women, and they could do it out of their homes. Jessa especially would have fans lined up around the block, and her SIL could help her. Jill doesn’t seem naturally talented with hair and beauty, but she has done more studying than Jessa for her midwife “career,” so they could attend together and make a good team effort. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

while Jill was touting the greatness of nipple cream as lip balm derick was being, you know derickderick.jpg.4f205dea9fb4a2ed4cbe407c3e70290a.jpgderick2.jpg.496825f276417651c46126abc946231d.jpg

I'm the nosiest person on the planet....I can't wait for his book. It better be all about Pops and Lolli and Joshley or I'll be mad.

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I'm think the secret was his family missions company donations. What a cliffhanger!

I don't think he'll disclose that. He's not going to write anything that would make him look bad. 

On the one hand, I can see where Derick would get pissy about being called out for grifting on a post where he is inviting people to go to church with him. On the other hand, he's such a tool that while I wouldn't do it, I don't care that someone else has.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I don't think he'll disclose that. He's not going to write anything that would make him look bad. 

On the one hand, I can see where Derick would get pissy about being called out for grifting on a post where he is inviting people to go to church with him. On the other hand, he's such a tool that while I wouldn't do it, I don't care that someone else has.

I hope he gets mailed an invitation to a mosque.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
On 2/16/2020 at 5:31 PM, BigBingerBro said:

I'm sorry, but there's something kind of sad about the fire can activity.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but something is strange....

I just feel like you couldn't have sprung for some hershey's bars, marshmallows and graham crackers......

• Love 9
On 2/16/2020 at 5:31 PM, BigBingerBro said:

I'm sorry, but there's something kind of sad about the fire can activity.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but something is strange....

Maybe because jill is talking about a fun memory with her cousins and her boys aren't going to have too many memories of spending time with their cousins?

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, awaken said:

Well, good on Leona Frass, whoever she is, for saying what we’ve all been saying with the grifting and P.O. Box!  

Derick really needs to learn the art of quietly deleting tweets that call him out on his bullshit rather than trying to engage. He's neither witty nor clever enough to turn those around on people without getting his ass handed to him. 

I also hope his first court appearance as an attorney (if he goes that route) is filmed because I wanna see him try that shit on a real lawyer. I can just see him thinking he's going to own someone with his brilliance. 🙄 There is one NWA attorney in particular whom I would pay good money to see mop the floor with Dumbass. 😂

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 12
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I do not believe Derick's book will tell much of anything. Everything with Derick is semantics. I do not believe what JB says, but I do not believe Derick's rendition either. 

Yea, I agree! I would read it with curiosity, but there is no way I'd take anything he says at face value without some additional verification because he has shown that he plays fast and loose with the truth. I'd guess the job of fact-checking his manuscript, if it ever gets that far, would be a bitch.

• Love 9

Questions I have for Derick are:

Money - does it feel weird to ask others for money and where does your income now come from?

Family - why doesn't JB like you and do you discourage Jill from being with her family?

SM - what do you get out of taunting folks on SM?

Religion - how is it okay to judge others and interfere with their rights?

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
33 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I'm not sure I even believe there is a book in the works. I think "working on a book" is just something he says to impress his "fans", rile up his detractors, give Jim Bob something to worry about and make himself look smart and accomplished. He'll be "working on" this book forever with no tangible results.

I agree.

Once upon a time there was never a book. I'm a lying fool. We lived hatefully ever after. by Derick Dillard

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I hope he gets mailed an invitation to a mosque.

In all seriousness, he would go pretending to have an open mind and unleash his brand of bigotry after the service.  Derick is not the in-your-face godbotherer like Jill R.  He is the one who pretends to be respectful but is really gathering evidence to twist later.  

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I only first heard about it a few years ago! 

That’s fascinating. We planned to go geocaching in China in 2008, but that whole meeting our child distracted us from following through.  

Edited by SMama
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

In all seriousness, he would go pretending to have an open mind and unleash his brand of bigotry after the service.  Derick is not the in-your-face godbotherer like Jill R.  He is the one who pretends to be respectful but is really gathering evidence to twist later.  

You mean like stab you in the back and ask you why you’re bleeding?

Not seeing the difference?

She went from 28 to 32!

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I noticed a slight difference on her upper jaw and forehead. It’s not remarkable, but products usually don’t fix skin issues over night.  She looks less splotchy and oily to me. 

I also noticed some small improvements. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Those are really unflattering pics, but I have to give Jill major props for taking actual before and after photos. Most commercials show what amounts to a mug shot compared to a glamour shot. Those results are much more realistic.

Several years ago, a friend was selling some "wonder" creams to reduce wrinkles. In the before picture, the person had a large smile with a bunch of wrinkles. In the after picture, no smile, just a relaxed face. Smiling brings out your wrinkles!!! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 5

So, Jill won't sell the stuff herself, but she has to do demos for her friend Rachel, who is referenced in the story. I doubt it was Jill's idea to access her 1.6 million followers.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 9