Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

That's no construction "play" yard.  There are marker flags and rebar stakes in the first photo.  And that front-end loader is no toy, that's working equipment.  Not a playground.  Idiots.  

That helmet barely fits.  And no knee pads or elbow pads.  But since the bike is way too small for him, it will be a short fall when he hits the concrete.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, leighdear said:

That helmet barely fits.  And no knee pads or elbow pads.  But since the bike is way too small for him, it will be a short fall when he hits the concrete.  

I was going to say the same thing about the bike too small for him. I'm surprised he didn't have his bib on too..

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, leighdear said:

the small bikes are easier when learning to ride without training wheels. the 12' or 15" bike is right for his age to learn. also I don't know any kids who wear knee or elbow pads on a bike.

If they were looking for sponsorship ops they would have had him on a Balance Bike. all the rage now. small bikes, no pedals. Felicity will surely have a Balance Bike by next year

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17

Toddlers learning to ride 2 wheeler's don't need any protection at all, if the parent doesn't care.  But my pediatrician recommended a helmet and pads for my kids when they were under 5, and just learning.   I listened to their doctor.  

• Love 6

I am all for Jill and Derick being this kind of house.

Maybe it is what she aspires to be and that would be a positive.

But every single thing she shows to her million+ followers is nothing like that. If she believes she is that person she needs way more therapy than previously thought

• Love 8
On 2/2/2020 at 9:24 AM, galaxychaser said:

Hubby made me tea 🙄🙄🙄

Maybe I am feeling generous or I have lost my mind because I would totally snark on this before.  But a thought popped into my head and made me sad.  NO ONE used to do for the older girls.  So maybe that is why she is so thrilled at something so pedestrian.

• Love 20
45 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Maybe I am feeling generous or I have lost my mind because I would totally snark on this before.  But a thought popped into my head and made me sad.  NO ONE used to do for the older girls.  So maybe that is why she is so thrilled at something so pedestrian.

There's actually a pic out there of Jill serving Smuggar a drink. He couldn't get off his lazy ass and get it himself.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Yet Jill is always at other homes and accepting gifts from others. Her kids don't even have a welcoming or comfortable room.

I think this is where she veers from a 6.

Always lending a hand in the neighborhood got me. For people that are supposed to do great charity, they certainly do a whole lot of nothing.  Guess they shot their wad in Sintral America 

• Love 13
44 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

There's actually a pic out there of Jill serving Smuggar a drink. He couldn't get off his lazy ass and get it himself.

Is it the one where sex pest is wearing in ear headphones with his palm out, then Jill is about to place a soda can on his palm? I think they did it to troll people who criticized them for oppressing women. Probably act 123,456,789 that Jill sees in a completely different context now. The fact Ma & Pa Kettle allowed that picture posted, knowing how Josh violated Jill is unforgivable.

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

At least Izzy was riding his bike outside unlike some of his aunts & uncles who rode their bikes around the dining room table inside the TTH. 

Most construction sites are private property, so small children playing there is usually a very bad idea. 

Riding bikes in your own home isn't considered trespassing.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, SMama said:

Is it the one where sex pest is wearing in ear headphones with his palm out, then Jill is about to place a soda can on his palm? I think they did it to troll people who criticized them for oppressing women. Probably act 123,456,789 that Jill sees in a completely different context now. The fact Ma & Pa Kettle allowed that picture posted, knowing how Josh violated Jill is unforgivable.

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of. Duggars aren't intelligent enough to troll. I think that was real.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of. Duggars aren't intelligent enough to troll. I think that was real.

Even worse then, there’s a special place in hell for JB & M.  

• Love 6

I got it wrong, Jill was the one receiving the can. I wonder if Derick has seen that picture. The thing I don’t get is if it wasn’t staged, why would anyone think about snapping that interaction? 

On 2/3/2020 at 3:33 PM, fonfereksglen said:

The tortilla chips puzzle me.

Those are the stale, dried up remnants of the tortillas Jill used as a hat on the boys.  

That pic with Smuggar is disgusting.  She's either holding the can for him to take it, or he's done with it and is putting it in her hand to leave on the counter throw away.  Either way, she's being his servant.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Most construction sites are private property, so small children playing there is usually a very bad idea. 

Riding bikes in your own home isn't considered trespassing.  

Exactly what construction site?  Who is the developer or owner and are there visable posted no trespassing signs?  All  I saw was little boys playing in dirt.  At least they were wearing shoes, unlike Jessa's boys. 

• Love 7

When I was a kid, we’d play in the houses my grandpa was building in the neighborhood.  We also roller skated in the empty houses. It was a blast.  My parents didn’t sanction playing on construction equipment though.   I guess I have to give Jill credit for taking the kids out of the house to play.  

• Love 9
6 hours ago, SMama said:

I got it wrong, Jill was the one receiving the can. I wonder if Derick has seen that picture. The thing I don’t get is if it wasn’t staged, why would anyone think about snapping that interaction? 

It's totally staged. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, crazy8s said:

the small bikes are easier when learning to ride without training wheels. the 12' or 15" bike is right for his age to learn. also I don't know any kids who wear knee or elbow pads on a bike.

If they were looking for sponsorship ops they would have had him on a Balance Bike. all the rage now. small bikes, no pedals. Felicity will surely have a Balance Bike by next year

I’m glad to see that Jill has the boys wear helmets for biking. I’ve never seen a child biking in knee and elbow pads, so I’m not going to judge her for that. Scraped knees and elbows aren’t the end of the world. 

We got Mini Mistake a balance bike. She hates it. I’m wishing I had just saved the $60 and purchased a regular bike with training wheels for her. 

I think Jill would really like to have the kind of house where neighbors come for dinner and the other moms just drop in for coffee every morning. Unfortunately I think she is too uncomfortable for this to happen. I try to keep in mind that for Jill, forming relationships or even socializing with anyone other than fundies is still outside of her comfort zone. She’s working on it, and I think she’ll get to a point eventually where the relationships become more natural, but she’s not there yet. 

• Love 16

My siblings and I did a lot quasi dangerous shenanigans when we were young. My parents would not have allowed most of it. Did my mom sometimes have an idea of what we were doing? Sure, but if she had actually witnessed it, she would have told us to knock it off.

We were also taught, as I taught my children, to respect the property of others. And I certainly would never allow my children to disobey a no trespassing sign or allow them to climb on other folks' property without permission.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Right. I did a lot of stupid things as a kid that could’ve landed my face on the side of a milk carton. Did my mom actually take me to those stupid things and allow me to do them? Absolutely not. And especially not at 3-4 years old or however old little Rod & Todd are. 

I just choked on my coffee. Thank you for the laughs.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I’m glad to see that Jill has the boys wear helmets for biking. I’ve never seen a child biking in knee and elbow pads, so I’m not going to judge her for that. Scraped knees and elbows aren’t the end of the world. 

We got Mini Mistake a balance bike. She hates it. I’m wishing I had just saved the $60 and purchased a regular bike with training wheels for her. 

I think Jill would really like to have the kind of house where neighbors come for dinner and the other moms just drop in for coffee every morning. Unfortunately I think she is too uncomfortable for this to happen. I try to keep in mind that for Jill, forming relationships or even socializing with anyone other than fundies is still outside of her comfort zone. She’s working on it, and I think she’ll get to a point eventually where the relationships become more natural, but she’s not there yet. 

She’s too self centered for that .. she’s still in the mindset of sweet friends doing things for her.  If she did something for someone else it would be all over her stories ...

• Love 3
10 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

In 2020, how many other moms in the neighborhood are available during the day to drop in for coffee? This was the norm for my mom in the early 70s but these days most moms are working.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

In 2020, how many other moms in the neighborhood are available during the day to drop in for coffee? This was the norm for my mom in the early 70s but these days most moms are working.

If she's cultivating a circle of homeschool moms, it's more normal than for the general population. But I don't know that Jill has the social awareness to realize that. 

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, Zella said:

If she's cultivating a circle of homeschool moms, it's more normal than for the general population. But I don't know that Jill has the social awareness to realize that. 

Maybe I just run with the wrong crowd, but most of the homeschooling moms I know have a pretty tightly packed schedule and don't have time to just drop in for coffee with the neighbors on a regular basis.  Many of the ones I know have actual paying jobs, whether home-based or not, and they're either working with their kids or working on their jobs all day long.  Of course, that's why many of them join a homeschool co-op: to get regularly scheduled breaks where they can attend to other stuff while their kids do some group learning with other homeschooled kids.

From what we've seen, Jill doesn't do much of anything all day including housework.  Even back in the 60's when I was a little kid, we knew that women like Donna Reed, Mrs. Cleaver and even Carol Brady didn't actually exist in real life.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Maybe I just run with the wrong crowd, but most of the homeschooling moms I know have a pretty tightly packed schedule and don't have time to just drop in for coffee with the neighbors on a regular basis.  Many of the ones I know have actual paying jobs, whether home-based or not, and they're either working with their kids or working on their jobs all day long.  Of course, that's why many of them join a homeschool co-op: to get regularly scheduled breaks where they can attend to other stuff while their kids do some group learning with other homeschooled kids.

I don't doubt that's true for many homeschoolers, but I've also known quite a few who take a very Duggar-like approach of apathy to the whole thing. They don't co-op and the wife may work from home, but she seems to foist most of the day-to-day chores and homeschooling responsibilities off on the older kids, so she always seemed to magically have time for what she wanted to do but not what other people needed her to do. 

I'm not saying that's universal, but I experienced it enough to believe it is not an isolated pocket of people. I also know a lot of homeschool mothers who spend an inordinate amount of time on social media bitching about how strapped for time they are. But they have time to always be on Facebook. 

Disclaimer: I was homeschooled and this doesn't reflect my experiences or a lot of other peoples because there are certainly a lot of homeschool families who take the whole thing very seriously, but again, I saw (and still see) this sort of thing in action enough that I think it is fairly common with certain people who have no business homeschooling.  

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Two words Jill: children’s museum

but they might actually learn something there.

Jill is keep the boys very limited in learning

the brothers/missionaries the boys were watching the other day are Ark Encounter fans and have spoken at the Creation Museum.

all of the boys' books seen in pics on their book shelf are bible themed and they have a giant Ark Encounter book in there

• Useful 2
8 minutes ago, Zella said:

I don't doubt that's true for many homeschoolers, but I've also known quite a few who take a very Duggar-like approach of apathy to the whole thing. They don't co-op and the wife may work from home, but she seems to foist most of the day-to-day chores and homeschooling responsibilities off on the older kids, so she always seemed to magically have time for what she wanted to do but not what other people needed her to do. 

I'm not saying that's universal, but I experienced it enough to believe it is not an isolated pocket of people. I also know a lot of homeschool mothers who spend an inordinate amount of time on social media bitching about how strapped for time they are. But they have time to always be on Facebook. 

Disclaimer: I was homeschooled and this doesn't reflect my experiences or a lot of other peoples because there are certainly a lot of homeschool families who take the whole thing very seriously, but again, I saw (and still see) this sort of thing in action enough that I think it is fairly common with certain people who have no business homeschooling.  

I realize there is a wide range of homeschooling competence, just like anything else.  I actually had a group of patients, all of them fundies who attended the same church.  They used to homeschool their kids and would get together and delegate various subjects to the members in order to cover the curriculum.  I recall that, when one of them was pregnant, she was assigned to teach science much to her dismay.  She used to bring the text with her to her OB visits and ask me questions about it so she wouldn't mess up in teaching the kids.  I helped her with an entire module on weather as I recall.

1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

but they might actually learn something there.

Jill is keep the boys very limited in learning

the brothers/missionaries the boys were watching the other day are Ark Encounter fans and have spoken at the Creation Museum.

all of the boys' books seen in pics on their book shelf are bible themed and they have a giant Ark Encounter book in there

They might actually learn that the Bible is not a science text and the world is not 6000 years old.  Or that dinosaurs did not co-exist with humans.  Or that there are multiple animal species that participate in same sex encounters. 

Can't have that.

I agree, the only 'science' these kids will be allowed to know about is the pseudo-science of the Creation Museum and Ark Encounter.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

I realize there is a wide range of homeschooling competence, just like anything else.  I actually had a group of patients, all of them fundies who attended the same church.  They used to homeschool their kids and would get together and delegate various subjects to the members in order to cover the curriculum.  I recall that, when one of them was pregnant, she was assigned to teach science much to her dismay.  She used to bring the text with her to her OB visits and ask me questions about it so she wouldn't mess up in teaching the kids.  I helped her with an entire module on weather as I recall.

Yes, I don't think the majority of homeschoolers are that blase about it, but I do think there are more apathetic ones than is generally acknowledged. I'd hope for the sake of Izzy and Sam that she is cultivating a more engaged circle of homeschool mothers whom she could swap curriculum tips and whatnot with, but even if Jill is actively breaking against her upbringing, she doesn't have a very good barometer of what is normal. 

• Love 6