Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, crazy8s said:

JB had a rule that they never ordered anything but water in restaurants.

Am I imagining this, or was there once a story about Jim Bob ordering water in a restaurant and then using the cup to steal soda from the fountain? 

• Love 1

My twins will be 4 in April, and they haven't used a sippy cup or bib in over a year. The boys are far too old for that nonsense. I'm glad they get to go on play dates. Being around other kids and playing is good for them. 

Sam looks so cute with the omelet. Jill looks good on the pic with the red shirt. 

As for the TTC, whoever said tots should be crunchy can have them that way. I hate crunchy tots and fries. Yes, I'm odd. 

I never got much to eat at home, but my mother was a good cook. I never got more than tablespoon full of each item, but what I got was tasty. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

Yes it was Panera. Of all the small things to despise the Duggars for, this one still pisses me off for many reasons. Because he's a millionaire, pay for the damn soda. Because he makes fellow water drinkers look dishonest. Because it's technically stealing and Thou Shalt Not Steal. And because I don't like JB.

I have heard of people being arrested for theft for doing exactly what JB did.  Using a water cup to get anything other than water is theft and some managers will call the cops.  

• Love 16
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

Yes it was Panera. Of all the small things to despise the Duggars for, this one still pisses me off for many reasons. Because he's a millionaire, pay for the damn soda. Because he makes fellow water drinkers look dishonest. Because it's technically stealing and Thou Shalt Not Steal. And because I don't like JB.

32 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have heard of people being arrested for theft for doing exactly what JB did.  Using a water cup to get anything other than water is theft and some managers will call the cops.  

What if some such restaurant had a videocam covering the drinks dispenser so that JB got caught in the act. And some employee had the balls to put the video of that online? I'd enjoy the hell out of that. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I would love love love to see this happen to jb 

• Love 10

Jill’s upgraded to Corelle plates!  Hopefully that’s a permanent change that breaks from her past, even if she has to actually wash dishes now.  Maybe Derreck did the math and showed her how much cheaper it is to actually own plates and silverware and glasses Vs disposables.  He didn’t even have to become a dirty environmentalist to convince her! 

• Love 18

She looks great in that picture. 

6 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

And they should be. That costs the business money! 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Is Israel drinking from a baby bottle??b1m4f6ydf6e41.jpg

no - a character Juice drink sold everywhere. my grands have them and they get washed and reused. His looks like maybe Woody from toy story. we have several, Tinkerbell, mickey, minnie, Mater from cars.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I know Jill is a hot mess but it still makes me smile every time she deviates from her upbringing. Taking her kids to the library, getting real plates instead of disposables, getting a haircut all seems so simple but I see these as steps towards truly breaking free. 

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Kids love listening to Dave Ramsey. Thanks for the tip, Jill!

well Izzy also ate lunch watching Derick at law school  - all of the duggars seem clueless on age appropriate things for their children

• Love 7

the boys got much bigger pieces of banana bread than Jill was shown giving to those poor folks "on the mission field" aka over seas or Danger america

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

we have re used them many times so maybe a tad less wasteful - oldest grand is 8 and still uses the Tinkerbell one she picked out when she was 2 when she is here on her 2x a year visits

still I have guilt there on the buying the $1 juice in plastic

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jesus, those kids eat a lot of carbs. Pancakes, cinnamon rolls, banana bread, TTC. I know it's tough at that age because they can be picky, but Jill might want to try and get a better balance in their diets. 

They got Chick Fil A earlier this week, so yay protein?

• LOL 6
On 1/30/2020 at 3:53 PM, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

And.......

466CC43E-FCFD-4A8F-9797-0C6B05E3F05D.jpeg

7C404F9A-1D0F-428A-AA25-00991692C9F6.jpeg

In that first pic, Dreck looks like a serial killer. It's at least partly the dorky haircut. Why does Sam's omelet look like a tortilla? Red is a good color on Jill and good for her for cutting that mop.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Doubt Pops and Lolli can name 3 things each kid likes/is good at. 

They prove that with every generic birthday post.

It looks like Sam has graduated from the high chair. Now if only Israel can graduate from the bib.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

This has been going around the fundie interwebs. Jill like and commented on this post.

I'm not sure Jill has enough insight to realize her childhood has similarities to that post.

• Love 15

Jill has an advantage must of us were lucky to do without. When she wed and left the home (5 years ago?) there were still much younger siblings around.  JB & M have mellowed in some ways, but they surely are still crushing their children’s souls, dreams, and individuality.

Add the fact that if true she can no longer visit the TTH at will. The golden daughter reduced to ask permission to visit her childhood home. Jill may be incapable of insight, but with the right guidance she may be able to recognize things are not as normal as she was led to believe. 

She seems to be reading about boundaries and toxic relationships.  Jill has posted things written by others that apply to her situation, I’m hoping for baby steps. Of course I could be completely wrong.

• Love 23

Maybe Jill is gaining insight.  Hope so, for her sake and for those boys.  I wonder if she longs for the TTH and begs to come over, or, she is beginning to have an inkling of all that, and while she might miss some of the younger kids, is just going to "let it go".  I also wonder if she and some of the other Kidults, such as Joy, Jesse, Joe, etc. find ways to get together off campus, or do they have to clear it with daddy dearest.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not sure Jill has enough insight to realize her childhood has similarities to that post.

Yes...hard to figure out what Jill's response to this was all about. Was it beautiful because in her mind her parents were somehow still as perfect as they portrayed themselves as, or beautiful because she has come to realize how many of these things happened within their own family with the result that the kids don't have the relationship with JB and Michelle that they might have liked?

The Duggar offspring pretty much all spout the party line about what wonderful, caring parents they have, who gave them so many wonderful memories of growing up, and I think that, for the most part, they actually believe it. I'm sure their childhoods were not altogether devoid of good moments, and those combined with the lessons ingrained into them left them with overall impressions of having grown up in somewhat privileged circumstances compared to the ungodly masses.

Then again, Derick seems to have really soured on the Duggar ways since back in the day that he sought out JB as a prayer partner, and passed this feeling on to Jill, so who knows. 

I do think that they are definitely working their way out of the cult, though, and while I still don't like Derick, and wish he had gentler means of getting his points across, I think that at the end of the day he has been sort of pointing her in a slightly better direction.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I’m not sure she has enough insight to realize that she’s doing the same thing to her own children. I would imagine she’s still stuck in some stage where the world still revolves around her. She’s kind of blind to the fact that her kids are, well, kids, who require actual parenting. Of course, as always, it is hard to blame her as she no baseline to determine what a normal life is. Derreck does but he’s probably a little help in these matters, and his baseline is bitter old Cathy.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I’m not sure she has enough insight to realize that she’s doing the same thing to her own children. I would imagine she’s still stuck in some stage where the world still revolves around her. She’s kind of blind to the fact that her kids are, well, kids, who require actual parenting. Of course, as always, it is hard to blame her as she no baseline to determine what a normal life is. Derreck does but he’s probably a little help in these matters, and his baseline is bitter old Cathy.

I agree. I think Jill reads posts about parenting and 'reflects' how she is parenting, and is going to parent, not how she was parented.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I also wonder if she and some of the other Kidults, such as Joy, Jesse, Joe, etc. find ways to get together off campus, or do they have to clear it with daddy dearest.

If Jim Bob really is ostracizing Jill, I'm sure that he's going to make sure that none of the other kids meet up with her on the sly. Since none of them are allowed to leave the compound without an "accountability partner" anyway, all he has to do is make sure not to pair up two kids who might both be sympathetic to Jill and might conspire against him.

I'm not entirely sure, however, that Jill is as unwelcome at the TTH as Derick claims. I think that he's the one who's really banned and that Jill has to call ahead for permission to come over, just to assure her father that she's not bringing Derick with her. This would fit better with Jim Bob's paranoia and obsessive need for control. You don't complete disown a child who displeases you because then the child "wins", i.e. the child is now free of your influence and you can't give orders or keep tabs on them. Instead, you maintain contact and keep holding out the possibility of "love and forgiveness" once the child has been sufficiently punished and submits to whatever conditions you want to place on her.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 18