Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, leighdear said:

What's the point of using Tater Tots on top if you're just going to cover them with Velveeta and bake them til soft & mushy?  Why not just use shredded or cubed, uncooked hashbrowns?  

Tater Tots are supposed to be crunchy.  It's the law, no matter what state you live in.  Nothing should go on top. 

I can't believe I actually give a crap about this.....

I guess because if personal preference right?  And what one is used to. 

• Love 4
Just now, GeeGolly said:

Jill loves her boys. Jill loves her boys. In case you all didn't hear, Jill loves her boys. Please stay tuned for Jill's next post, reinforcing that Jill loves her boys.

But does she have a good husband?

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Every once in a while that wouldn’t be bad.  But it’s all the time     She needs to learn some new recipes 

Agreed. She’s on Instagram all the time. She needs to follow recipe feeds, food inspiration feeds etc. What about Pinterest?  So much on there too. Expanding her horizons would benefit her entire family. 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill loves her boys. Jill loves her boys. In case you all didn't hear, Jill loves her boys. Please stay tuned for Jill's next post, reinforcing that Jill loves her boys.

Wait... what? Jill loves her boys? Really???

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Izzy's still wearing a bib (from her stories). He'll be 5 in April.

I adopted my oldest daughter out of foster care when she was 3 1/2. She had a lot of issues, including no table manners. After the first week, I bought huge bibs and she wore them for the 2 or so years it took me to teach her to not play with her food so I didn't have to deal with stained clothing. 

Izzy doesn't have this issue. I've seen his shirts after he's eaten and they are as clean as can be. From what I can tell, both boys are very careful eaters and neither of them need to wear a bib.

• Love 11
On 1/25/2020 at 5:58 PM, JoanArc said:

Michalle Yelling

Much ado over nothing. Yes, Michelle is fakey, but she's done much worse to her kids without speaking a word. MUCH Worse.

The worst part of this video to me is that Sam is left in his carrier on the patio where the boys are playing basketball. We see one boy run past Derrick and Sam to retrieve the ball. They are lucky Sam didn't accidentally get smacked in the face by the ball.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

The worst part of this video to me is that Sam is left in his carrier on the patio where the boys are playing basketball. We see one boy run past Derrick and Sam to retrieve the ball. They are lucky Sam didn't accidentally get smacked in the face by the ball.

Ah yes. Those were the treat Sam like luggage days. 

13 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Really now? Izzy is almost 5 and he is still wearing that stupid bib AND using a toddler cup to drink his milk? Come on, now...

Yet Jill says he graduated from kindergarten a year ago!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Really now? Izzy is almost 5 and he is still wearing that stupid bib AND using a toddler cup to drink his milk? Come on, now...

There is a link between prolonged use of sippy cups and tooth decay in toddlers.  I do recall some concern over Izzy's teeth a while ago. She really is doing those kids no favors.  

When my kids were little, one of my neighbors used to give her daughter that horrible fake juice they sell in gallon jugs in a sippy cup.  The poor kid had to have her front teeth extracted at age 3 because they were so decayed.

Yes, I get it.  Kids are messy and careless, and sippy cups prevent or minimize spills.  But their dental health is much more important than mopping up split milk.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

There is a link between prolonged use of sippy cups and tooth decay in toddlers.  I do recall some concern over Izzy's teeth a while ago. She really is doing those kids no favors.

Izzy is using an open cup. It's considered a toddler cup because it's got a suction foot at the bottom to make it harder to knock over. 

ETA: oops, I just noticed the cup that's off to the side at Chick fil a, and yes, he's way too old for one of those.

Edited by absnow54
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Izzy is using an open cup. It's considered a toddler cup because it's got a suction foot at the bottom to make it harder to knock over. 

ETA: oops, I just noticed the cup that's off to the side at Chick fil a, and yes, he's way too old for one of those.

i think that they have sippy cups at chick fil a because Jill brought their drinks

ala JB she didn't pay for drinks,

at least Izzy didn't have to wear the bib in front of his friends

• Love 3
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

in the comments someone commented

"Don't you think Israel is too old for a bib. He is 4.5 years old."

the next comment

"Post more bib pictures. It really bothers the crazies 🤣"

I made a comment about it a few months ago, and the leghumpers would’ve flogged me if given the chance.  To say I was reprimanded is an understatement.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

i think that they have sippy cups at chick fil a because Jill brought their drinks

ala JB she didn't pay for drinks,

at least Izzy didn't have to wear the bib in front of his friends

You know you’re on a tight budget when you eat out but have to bring drinks from home.  It also looks like Jill only had waffle fries.

• Love 4

I don’t know if it is still going on but Chick-Fil-A recently had a promotion for a free order of 8 nuggets if you used their app.  Given that Jill and Derick always show up for anything involving free food it would not surprise me if she took advantage of it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I don’t know if it is still going on but Chick-Fil-A recently had a promotion for a free order of 8 nuggets if you used their app.  Given that Jill and Derick always show up for anything involving free food it would not surprise me if she took advantage of it.

CFA does a lot of free sandwiches/nuggets/fries because they expect you to order drinks to go with the food.  From what I remember, in restaurants fountain drinks and iced tea are the biggest moneymakers.  I really don't blame Jill if she took advantage of the promotions like that.  I see that as being frugal.  I don't see bringing your own drinks into a fast food restaurant that different than getting water cups.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

CFA does a lot of free sandwiches/nuggets/fries because they expect you to order drinks to go with the food.  From what I remember, in restaurants fountain drinks and iced tea are the biggest moneymakers.  I really don't blame Jill if she took advantage of the promotions like that.  I see that as being frugal.  I don't see bringing your own drinks into a fast food restaurant that different than getting water cups.

my sister owned a sub shop for many years and said the biggest expense for fountain drinks  was the cup. fountain drinks are a huge money maker.

but it seems JB had a rule that they never ordered anything but water in restaurants.

• Useful 2

Plus, props to Jill if she doesn't want the boys having sodas with their lunches.  

I don't often eat in at fast food places but when I do I always get a small drink.  With free refills why would you pay extra for a big cup?

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Plus, props to Jill if she doesn't want the boys having sodas with their lunches.  

I don't often eat in at fast food places but when I do I always get a small drink.  With free refills why would you pay extra for a big cup?

I do the same thing. When I meet my two best friends for lunch, I always get a small drink and they get a large. Considering we sit there for 3-4 hours (as long as its not busy), I can refill my drink cheaply several times. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I also know kids are picky.  It is much easier to bring a drink you know your kids like instead of having multiple conversations about what they want to drink.  

I will order the large drink since so many places have it for almost the same price as the medium, and like 20 cents more than the small.  I have noticed that in some chains, the small drink is now 20 ounces.  That is more than enough for myself when i can easily get it refilled.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Namaste said:

Agreed. She’s on Instagram all the time. She needs to follow recipe feeds, food inspiration feeds etc. What about Pinterest?  So much on there too. Expanding her horizons would benefit her entire family. 

If I thought she would use them I’d send her my recipes from hello fresh.  

• Love 7