Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

OK, maybe I'm overly cautious, but all I see when looking at that photo is his losing his balance/slipping, grabbing forward and pulling the hot toaster off the counter along with him backwards onto the floor.  

Edited by BigBingerBro
  • Love 20

Is it possible she poses the boys this way on purpose to get a "cute" picture to post? Otherwise, it seems that maternal instinct would kick in and she would rush to rescue her child instead of taking time to get a picture. I do realize that as a Duggar, she does things differently and I know what a poor role model she had as a mother. I also know that some children seem to be dare Devils with no fear.  It just seems though that there are SO many of these pictures of precariously balanced children that it causes me to wonder. 

Edited by Liddy52
  • Love 9
21 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

OK, maybe I'm overly cautious, but all I see when looking at that photo is his losing his balance/slipping, grabbing forward and pulling the hot toaster off the counter along with him backwards onto the floor.  

All I envision is a badly smashed mouth when it rolls out from underneath him and his mouth hits the counter.

• Love 22
On 1/22/2020 at 11:58 AM, ginger90 said:

These pictures bother me. I had a family member who was "homeschooling" for a while. It consisted of occasionally reviewing flashcards or working in workbooks. There was nothing wrong with the material, but there was no consistency, and no real plan.

We know that Jill isn't good about schedules and consistency. We know that she has no sophistication or education herself and is probably not reading books on educational theory, or child development, or curriculum planning. My guess is that she just plops them down every once in a while when she's bored and does some "homeschooling" by pulling out a workbook, or a deck of flashcards with no real thought or plan.

Also, I don't get why Jill repeatedly poses these photos of her children standing on rolling objects and unstable piles of junk. Does she get positive comments on these?

• Love 20
3 hours ago, drafan said:

Does she have a photo of (Olympic-era) Bruce Jenner in her bible?

I believe that’s a picture of #besthubby from HS, as she’s posted it by itself once. 

Which I’m not sure makes having the photo in her bible and less weird. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

We know that Jill isn't good about schedules and consistency. We know that she has no sophistication or education herself and is probably not reading books on educational theory, or child development, or curriculum planning. My guess is that she just plops them down every once in a while when she's bored and does some "homeschooling" by pulling out a workbook, or a deck of flashcards with no real thought or plan.

Aren't there curriculum guides that you can buy or available on-line?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I don't want to gross anyone out, but all I can think of when I see these kinds of pictures from Jill is my brother, who needed stitches in his tongue as a three year old. And he wasn't doing anything dangerous like this at the time. He literally tripped over his own feet. (He's in his forties now). The guilt my mom felt, even though there was nothing dangerous for her to protect him from--she literally did a full body shudder whenever it was mentioned for the rest of her life.

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Those may be available but Jilly Muffin has more college credits than the rest of us. One must want to offer a solid education and we know how Jill grew up.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Yes, but Israel is still pre-Kindergarten age. I'm more concerned with his lack of socialization and opportunities for hands-on activities than the lack of a consistent schedule and occasional flashcards or worksheets. Especially since he can already read. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Visiting friends for a play date:

B722995B-9FEE-47DF-AFA2-02273A25766F.jpeg

Dimwit Jilly won't learn her lesson until one if her kids cracks their head open.

There's a video on YouTube where she and Dimrick cheer Sam on as he uses that same toy to climb on top the table. 

Screenshot_20200123-165315_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5c9e4ad6ea09bb1f033b19cbfbb43364.jpg

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

These pictures bother me. I had a family member who was "homeschooling" for a while. It consisted of occasionally reviewing flashcards or working in workbooks. There was nothing wrong with the material, but there was no consistency, and no real plan.

How old are her kids?  Like 2 and 4? I don't have kids but it seems age appropriate for the older one and a bit advanced for the younger one.  I think it's good she's incorporating learning into play so it's more fun.  I don't think Jill has the academic background for teaching her kids on any serious level, but for pre-school work, it's decent. 

Derrick may be revolting but he's made it to 2L and he's not stupid. He realizes how limited Jill and her siblings are from the school of the dinning room table.  If for no other reason than making sure his kids are not dependent on the Duggars, he'll get them a real education.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Sweet Jesus, somebody explain gravity to her QUICKLY.

Jill, Jill, Jill. Sigh.

She will discover it soon enough.  That and what it looks like to have teeth go through a bottom lip.  YAY! 🙄

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Visiting friends for a play date:

B722995B-9FEE-47DF-AFA2-02273A25766F.jpeg

Again??!!  Why is this a recurring theme with them?  Is she getting blasted in the comments?

34 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Yes, but Israel is still pre-Kindergarten age. I'm more concerned with his lack of socialization and opportunities for hands-on activities than the lack of a consistent schedule and occasional flashcards or worksheets. Especially since he can already read. 

Oh, but he’s already finished kindergarten!  😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

All I envision is a badly smashed mouth when it rolls out from underneath him and his mouth hits the counter.

Same here!! Sweet tapdancing Jesus. What kind of mom does that? Allows her child to do that, much less take a freaking pic?? My son and my younger twin daughter are both fearless, and I've had to watch them like a hawk. Because otherwise they would do stuff like that. Smh. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

I don't want to gross anyone out, but all I can think of when I see these kinds of pictures from Jill is my brother, who needed stitches in his tongue as a three year old. And he wasn't doing anything dangerous like this at the time. He literally tripped over his own feet. (He's in his forties now). The guilt my mom felt, even though there was nothing dangerous for her to protect him from--she literally did a full body shudder whenever it was mentioned for the rest of her life.

My brother did the same thing as a baby. Had a scar from then on.   I thought sam could fall forward and knock his teeth out. 

Remember, Jill grew up in a household where children were allowed to roller skate in the house  with a tile floor while carrying glass food dishes.  I'm sure she "doesn't get it".  These people just have no common sense. 🙁

• Love 17
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I bet Sam’s shirt brings all the fundies to the yard. 

4 hours ago, Nysha said:

Well, Jill says he can read. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I wonder if Bin has any regrets now that he sees his younger siblings working. He did earn an AA, so there was some ambition initially. Now his life is whatever JB wants it to be. Papa Seewald screwed up royally.  

Izzy is so advanced he will graduate high school by age 7, college by 10. He then will become a covert missionary in Nepal. Izzy will be fluent in Nepali within weeks of arrival. 

Edited by SMama
  • LOL 8
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, SMama said:

And the grift goes on.

All of the married Duggar families are sent these gifts.  Fans send love letters containing gift cards and homemade items.  Small businesses send spec products hoping to be seen.  The person hired by JB to make the Duggars effective as influencers brings in many others.  To quote the King of Siam... "etc, etc, etc."

Jill and her husband are now making sure their little family receives everything directly, rather than waiting for random handouts from daddy.    The new PO Box with the photos was rather brilliant.

Of course, this is MHO.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16

there is something seriously wrong with Jill. Stupidity, Immaturity, lack of common sense, total apathy...not a good combination. She appears to severely lack motherly instincts.   If Sam busted his face on the counter, would she feel like it was her fault? or would she blame Sam for not knowing better? 

I honestly don't think she is fit to care for her children. We see post after post of her negligent parenting putting them in danger. Imagine if you hired a babysitter who filmed your children hanging out the sunroof. You would never use them again and  probably call the cops. 

Jill needs to take some parenting classes ASAP, and in the meantime Cathy needs to come watch Jill and the boys. If anything happens to Izzy and Sam, I would hold not only Jill but also Derick responsible. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Useful 2
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

there is something seriously wrong with Jill. Stupidity, Immaturity, lack of common sense, total apathy...not a good combination. She appears to severely lack motherly instincts.   If Sam busted his face on the counter, would she feel like it was her fault? or would she blame Sam for not knowing better? 

No, she’d probably blame whichever lost girl was billeted to raise her kids for her before Derick ruined that sweet deal.

I think there are two main issues with Jill. First, she never had normal mothering modeled for her once she was old enough to understand it. What is mothering, really? It’s feeding and clothing your kids, bathing them, potty-training them, playing with them, supervising them, teaching them, protecting them. Michelle gave up doing all of these things the second Jana was able to start doing them for her. From then on, the extent of Michelle’s mothering was gestating and birthing children. Once they were out, she didn’t do anything for them. As far as motherhood is concerned, she’s not that different from a sea turtle.

So that’s what Jill saw. A bunch of feral kids being loosely herded by older feral kids while Michelle sat on her ass with a cup of Starbucks. And that’s where the second problem comes in. Jessa, Jinger, and Joy all seem (and i’m emphasizing the “seem” because all we really know about this is what they put on Instagram) to have been able to overcome their upbringing and become somewhat decent parents. Jill hasn’t. I don’t know if that’s because she’s stupider or more depressed or has a less supportive partner or what. But for whatever reason, she just doesn’t get it. I honestly don’t think that she understands that a good parent wouldn’t let their two-year-old balance on a wheeled vehicle so he could stare at a hot electrical appliance. I think if Sam had fallen down and needed stitches and people were calling her out on how stupid it was of her to let him do that she would have been genuinely flummoxed. After all, in her experience mothers let their kids do that kind of thing all the time.

• Love 21