Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Chris Knight

Jill & Derick Dullard: Counting On (Donations)

2 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Jill is saying she missed someone she's never met? That's odd. Let Derick be the one to miss his father. You weren't even in the picture then. 

I was just going to say this! Derick can certainly miss his father; Jill, on the other hand, not so much. She never met him! She can be sorry she never met him, I guess. But she never met him!

• Like 11

1 minute ago, galaxychaser said:

Dereck looked like a hippy Jesus in 2016. 

Total Jesus vibe. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Was it intentional?  A fluke? 🤷‍♀️ 

18 minutes ago, Namaste said:

Setting himself up to the be the crucified hippy Jesus of 2020 via JB?  A martyr sent to save us all from Duggars?  I'm sure Derrick can see himself in that role.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

You learned about libraries being places of learning.  Who taught Jill that?  She was taught libraries were bad places with evil books and people NOT LIKE US.  The fact that she's taking her kids there to play is a first step.  Kids aren't stupid. Eventually they will associate libraries as being fun places, then see a neat book, then want to read.  Reading leads to all sorts of crazy ideas.  I bet there's not a librarian alive who would object to kids coming to play, because they know what doors it opens up. 

And as a side note, there are kids books all over Jill's house.  I've never seen a single book at the TTH that wasn't a bible.  So these kids are miles beyond what Jill had growing up.

Hopefully, that's what Jill meant.  When I saw "play" it made me think how many times I've been in a library with kids running around, screaming, yelling, playing, pulling out books and making messes while their parents either didn't notice, ignoring them, think it was so funny, or using it and the librarians as babysitters. I hope that's not what Jill meant. 

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I was just going to say this! Derick can certainly miss his father; Jill, on the other hand, not so much. She never met him! She can be sorry she never met him, I guess. But she never met him!

Yes, she can be sorry she never met him. But she can't miss him. She never met him. I'm sorry I never met my maternal grandfather. He sounded like a really cool guy. But I can't miss him because I never knew him. He died a couple years before I was born.  

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, Namaste said:

That was from their time in Danger America. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures.

2 hours ago, PuffinFizz said:

At least the kids are playing with non family members.

I'm happy the boys got to go to the library but I don't think they attended a story time activity with other kids incl her friend & her kids.  I read her post as Jill & the boys  mainly went to the library to return the missing DVD case & stayed to play awhile.  It looks like there are some activities set out for kids to do on their own & that's what Izzy & Sam were doing in the pictures.  She mentioned the friend in the text to thank her for "decor inspiration" (hence Jill & the boys stopping at Hobby Lobby.)  Hopefully they at least checked out some new DVDs while they were there.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

17 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Yes, she can be sorry she never met him. But she can't miss him. She never met him. I'm sorry I never met my maternal grandfather. He sounded like a really cool guy. But I can't miss him because I never knew him. He died a couple years before I was born.  

In Jill's defense, she initially met Derrick when they came caroling to the TTH. It's not out of the realm of possibility that she met Rick briefly way before she and Derrick got together if he was with them. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

16 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I have always thought that JB’s proclaiming that the TV show was a ministry was BS. The only way for that to be accurate is if they demonstrated their TRUE religious beliefs about LGBTQ members, other religions, etc. on air and encouraged the viewers to join them. What they shared was window dressing to make TLC happy and fill their coffers. YMMV

I agree. I think JB make a lot of justifications to himself so he can claim the show as a ministry and still keep collecting that TLC money. He can excuse himself for accepting TLC's mandates about what they can't say on the show by saying that the show gives him an audience for the true ministry that happens off camera. He really is his own cult. Lures people in by being all about family and shared beliefs and once he has them hooked, the real programming begins. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

In Jill's defense, she initially met Derrick when they came caroling to the TTH. It's not out of the realm of possibility that she met Rick briefly way before she and Derrick got together if he was with them. 

The caroling was only a couple of years prior to Derelict hooking up with Boob as a prayer partner. Rick was long gone at that point 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2

I forgot about the hippy Jesus years. Dreck was such a fashion don't. 

I don't like or trust a word out of Dreck's mouth or Jim Blob's mouth. Both are skilled liars who manipulate words and people to fit their version of the story. But I will sit back with some popcorn and a giant margarita and thoroughly enjoy watching them trying to take each other down. 

• Like 19

41 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

My husband only met my grandfather once, before he died, and while he accompanied me to my grandfather's funeral, I would argue that he could not even truly miss my grandfather as he never really got a chance to get to know him, even though he DID meet him. 

My husband's parents have both passed (same day, two years apart). I only met his father a couple of times, whereas I knew his mother much better. I don't really feel like I can say that I miss my father-in-law, but I do miss my mother-in-law.

And actually, if/when Cathy passes, it would be totally OK for Jill to post about how much she misses her. At this point, they have formed their own relationship independent of Derick. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Just like the time that Derick posted a tweet about how much he misses his "sister-in-law" Jubilee. 

• Like 10
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

I think both of them said they do not remember meeting each other then.

• Like 5
  • Useful 4

1 minute ago, Albanyguy said:

Just like the time that Derick posted a tweet about how much he misses his "sister-in-law" Jubilee. 

The same SIL Jubilee that had the same “feet” as his wife? That one?

• Like 5
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 3

29 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I think both of them said they do not remember meeting each other then.

I don't think they even met each other. He was carolling with a group and they didn't stop and hang out with the Duggars afterwards. 

• Useful 1

I kind of liked Deertick's Hippy Jesus phase.  He looked a lot better than his current dorky home-hair cut look.  (please don't rag on me about cutting hair at home, that's not the point)

Of course he most-likely will never return to the long-haired days as that's not a good look for a soon-to-be lawyer.

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I kind of liked Deertick's Hippy Jesus phase.  He looked a lot better than his current dorky home-hair cut look.  (please don't rag on me about cutting hair at home, that's not the point)

Of course he most-likely will never return to the long-haired days as that's not a good look for a soon-to-be lawyer.

It worked for unfrozen caveman lawyer, which I assume is the aesthetic Derreck is going for. 

8DA55150-AEDA-45AA-9B8D-7DC1641EF86D.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Laugh 9

2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

The same SIL Jubilee that had the same “feet” as his wife? That one?

Yep, that one. IIRC, he posted a picture of an extremely tiny baby foot that he claimed was Jubilee's, but was later found to be a stock photo.

• Surprise 5
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, sixlets said:

If Derick wants this lawyer thing to work out, he needs to work on his wording.  "So they just inserted other sisters from the home" sounds like someone went to a nursing home full of retired nuns and just stuck a few here & there.  If he needs help with some bigger words, he can call RFP.  He seems to have all the words.

“Jinger, you’re next to Sister Mary Margaret. Watch out for her ruler, she’s got a wicked swing.”

• Laugh 5

4 hours ago, hathorlive said:

You learned about libraries being places of learning.  Who taught Jill that?  She was taught libraries were bad places with evil books and people NOT LIKE US.  The fact that she's taking her kids there to play is a first step.  Kids aren't stupid. Eventually they will associate libraries as being fun places, then see a neat book, then want to read.  Reading leads to all sorts of crazy ideas.  I bet there's not a librarian alive who would object to kids coming to play, because they know what doors it opens up. 

Not to defend Jill and her "playing" at the library, but our library has so many kids activities. In fact the childrens seciton(which is in its own section of the library)has a dress up area where you can also put on a puppet show. There is also a kitchen set and several toys for older babies and toddlers to play with. They have a large closed in room where they have kid activites almost every day. I took the one child I watched there all the time. We played and then would sit on the comfy chairs/couches and read a ton of books. I would also checked out 30 books every two weeks to read to her at my house. We had the best time and made so many friends. Most libraries that I've been too, the children's section is no where near the adult sections.

So if their children section is anything like ours, they probably do play. The sad part is, that unless Jill goes and finds all Jesus books, they probably don't read much or check any books out. I tend to think it's a place where Jill can let them loose for awhile.

• Like 23
  • Useful 1

6 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

5 hours ago, Namaste said:

Total Jesus vibe. 

Except minus the compassion, wisdom, and acceptance!  

• Like 13
  • Laugh 2

3 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Yep, that one. IIRC, he posted a picture of an extremely tiny baby foot that he claimed was Jubilee's, but was later found to be a stock photo.

Please clarify where this was shown to be a stock photo. I would love to know if that was the truth. I think it is more likely that it was the real foot, a very necrotic, rotten, fetus. And definitely in bad taste to display in public.

• Like 2

Neither Derick nor anyone else ever posted a foot picture.  Derick talked about them sight unseen:

Not sure what to make of the "must be a stock photo" comments.  Maybe somebody saw the above photograph somewhere with a photo credit.

• Useful 1

21 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

I also remember a foot picture. Someone did post that

If I'm remembering correctly Jill posted 3 pictures, one of feet, and Derick did a crass hashtag of #wombtotomb.

• Surprise 5

15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

If I'm remembering correctly Jill posted 3 pictures, one of feet, and Derick did a crass hashtag of #wombtotomb.

WTH???

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

That was from their time in Danger America. 

Derick was the Great White Savior with his Giant White Baby.

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

Derick’s last real job was as a Walmart accountant, and that ended back in June 2015. What have he and his family been living on for the last 4 and a 1/2 years? If TLC/JimBob weren’t paying him, who was? How did he buy a house? Has he been living off his mother’s tit the entire time? 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

45 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

Derick’s last real job was as a Walmart account, and that ended back in June 2015. What have he and his family been living on for the last 4 and a 1/2 years? If TLC/JimBob weren’t paying him, who was? How did he buy a house? Has he been living off his mother’s tit the entire time? 

Only if Cathy is a secret millionaire.  He and Jill have blown through at least half a million in that time. 

• Like 3
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Only if Cathy is a secret millionaire.  He and Jill have blown through at least half a million in that time. 

Agreed! I think Cathy probably does pretty well and likely has given them some help/buys stuff for the kids, but I doubt she is financially able to support two households for years. 

• Like 17

33 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I'm missing the point here.  Is pumping one's own gasoline worth documenting?  Damn, I've been doing it wrong, then.

• Laugh 14
  • Surprise 1

2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm missing the point here.  Is pumping one's own gasoline worth documenting?  Damn, I've been doing it wrong, then.

Sadly I think it is because he is doing the "manly" thing and doing it for her.  Also sadly, I have several "woke" women friends whose husbands do the same thing.  Nice touch, but, post worthy? I don't think so.

• Like 17

OMG. I pump my own gas when I am low. Like when that little warning light goes on. Husband has no idea I am low on gas because he does not drive my car. I guess I should be posting it now. My bad.

• Like 11
  • Laugh 7

4 hours ago, Zella said:

I think Cathy probably does pretty well and likely has given them some help/buys stuff for the kids, but I doubt she is financially able to support two households for years. 

I agree and I feel the same way about the theory that Derick's father's death resulted in an enormous insurance payout. I'm sure there was some insurance, but not enough to support them all for years. 

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Like 16

1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Sadly I think it is because he is doing the "manly" thing and doing it for her.  Also sadly, I have several "woke" women friends whose husbands do the same thing.  Nice touch, but, post worthy? I don't think so.

I don’t get this. In a normal family, are you really in a car together that much? If you both work, you’re usually in your car alone, and apart most of the day. Maybe if you’re going out to eat and it happens to be low, or going somewhere on the weekend, it could work, but what happens if Jill is driving the boys to Chick-fil-A and sees that she’s almost out of gas? What would she do? Certainly she faced this crisis when she drove to derick’s work, alone, multiple times a day?

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.