Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Chris Knight

Jill & Derick Dullard: Counting On (Donations)

2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Sounds like she is getting closer to Amy.  I can understand the "stress" of being alone with two small boys - mine were close in age and the ex Dr. lookeyloo was almost never home, with his medical training, etc.  In the early years there were very limited opportunities for me back in the way back days.  Weather dictated a lot, I had limited transportation opportunities, family didn't live close, neighbors had very different ideas about child rearing which included a lot of screaming at and slapping of their children.  It was stressful being alone all day with them.  I tried to have at least a routine.  Things changed when we moved to a place where I could get the older one to a pre school twice a week and met women with sort of like minded ideas, so maybe just maybe Jill will get to a point where she can find some other outlets for them which will help her.  I hate her views but understand where she is coming from.  She doesn't have the same limitations I did, but she does have some self induced limitations to overcome.

Yes to all of this. I think people forget where Jill came from. I think we need to cut her some slack. 

• Like 7

My theory is that whatever financial arrangement the Dillards had with TLC or JB was just fine. After the birth of Sammy, someone, maybe his mom or brother, said something to the effect of, get TLC to pay, they bring in money filming the birth.

I believe Derick did that and TLC said that's not the way this works. Sometimes it can be something that small that changes the course.

I'm guessing Derick's reactive mouth dug a hole too deep to get out of when he was negotiating with TLC.

So Derick who knows he lost the battle and screwed things up, does what he does best, called out TLC in a passive-aggressive way on SM. What he didn't think through was he was harming an innocent bystander with his hateful beliefs and that bit him in the ass big time. TLC just sat back while the SM masses ripped Derick apart.

Hole even deeper.

Show continues on and Derick is delivering for Grubhub.

• Like 13

Derick complained about TLC not helping cover Izzy’s birth not Sam’s.  It doesn’t seem like Sam’s birth was filmed, at least not for TLC.  

• Useful 5

5 minutes ago, SMama said:

Derick complained about TLC not helping cover Izzy’s birth not Sam’s.  It doesn’t seem like Sam’s birth was filmed, at least not for TLC.  

Oh right. The timing of Derick trashing Jazz was after Sammy's birth.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Derreck forgets that during their little stint as “volunteers “they were still asking for money, and likely getting it, through their family ministry. I would like him a lot more if he were transparent and revealed how much that little ministry raked in donations. For heavens sake,  he’s still backhandedly asking for free stuff with his new little PO Box. 

• Like 20

I think Jill wrote these lyrics, but Derreck provided the (sinful!) beat.

159DE739-BDA0-4C5C-940D-5CE636623F4B.jpeg

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 7
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Derreck forgets that during their little stint as “volunteers “they were still asking for money, and likely getting it, through their family ministry. I would like him a lot more if he were transparent and revealed how much that little ministry raked in donations. For heavens sake,  he’s still backhandedly asking for free stuff with his new little PO Box. 

He never did explain where all that money was going to. Nor did he ever refund the money he claimed he would when people especially those who donated money to their family ministry. 

• Like 6
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

He never did explain where all that money was going to. Nor did he ever refund the money he claimed he would when people especially those who donated money to their family ministry. 

He also never disclosed how he paid for the year at Cross Church,  three years of law school, or his house. 

• Like 13

17 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I think Jill wrote these lyrics, but Derreck provided the (sinful!) beat.

159DE739-BDA0-4C5C-940D-5CE636623F4B.jpeg

Wow. So Jill just low key told the poster to f*ck off. Jill has come a long way! 😝 

• Laugh 19

I don’t think Dereck owes anyone an explanation on how he is paying for school/house etc. And they can do a go fund me every day I don’t care since I will never give them $. 
Or send them gifts to the post office box. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Zella said:

I'd actually argue that when one has acted so shadily and non-transparently about donations given to them and when one is leveling accusations about contracts/payment from people he has possibly financially benefited from, then, yeah, Derick lost his right to privacy about how he finances his shit. 

Exactly!  He made the made the subject open for comment.

• Like 10

It's easier to blame others than take responsibility for his own actions in all of this. Derelict enjoys playing the martyr.

• Like 19

4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Derelict enjoys playing the martyr.

Yes, he does, and he also seems to be a naturally passive-aggressive person who would rather deal with the situation by snipping and sniping in vague social media comments. I've long suspected JB and Derick are a lot alike, actually, and that personality similarity is one reason this is getting so ugly. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 11
  • Useful 2

Getting ugly? It's apparently BEEN ugly for quite a while. At least since Sammy was born.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Getting ugly? It's apparently BEEN ugly for quite a while. At least since Sammy was born.

That's true. I just don't remember details quite like "Jill can't go to the TTH without Big Daddy Jim Bob's permission, even when her sister is in labor" before now. I feel like there's ugly and then there's UGLY. And what we're hearing now is UGLY. 

• Like 15
  • Sad 2

Yes it is. And it's cost Jill her family, for the most part. It's interesting that she's now bonding with Amy from the outside.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, lascuba said:

I think an important fact about Derick  is that he is true religious fanatic, and him going to law school and letting Jill pierce her nose and wear pants doesn't change that fact. He doesn't want TLC and the show to crash and burn because he was fired (if he was), he wants it to crash and burn because, in addition to the money issue, he wasn't allowed to be upfront about his beliefs on camera. I honestly think the money wouldn't even be such a factor for him it weren't for JB's hypocrisy in claiming to be a ministry but not being upfront about their more odious opinions.

I have always thought that JB’s proclaiming that the TV show was a ministry was BS. The only way for that to be accurate is if they demonstrated their TRUE religious beliefs about LGBTQ members, other religions, etc. on air and encouraged the viewers to join them. What they shared was window dressing to make TLC happy and fill their coffers. YMMV

• Like 18

I couldn’t edit my post. He’s replying to a tweet from 2016! 🤦‍♀️

97D844E6-BAC1-4ED2-BFA9-E09CBAF6789D.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 2
  • Surprise 4

When most individuals ask for funds they explain the need  or it's for some unexpected and usually tragic event, like a death or illness (like a cheating husband and a broken wrist that turns out to be cancer 🤨).

Most folks don't ask others to support all their costs of daily living when they choose to live without a suitable income. Derick opened himself up to be financially transparent by asking folks to support his family. Even more so when it appeared the Dillards did nothing to slim down their expenses.

• Like 13
  • Useful 1

33 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I couldn’t edit my post. He’s replying to a tweet from 2016! 🤦‍♀️

97D844E6-BAC1-4ED2-BFA9-E09CBAF6789D.jpeg

But later that year we got:

On 12/21/2016 at 4:13 AM, kokapetl said:

jill-duggar.jpg?w=1500

Press photos for a tv show in 1993?

• Laugh 11

1 hour ago, kokapetl said:

But later that year we got:

Once again Derick is stretching the truth and forgets the internet is forever.

• Like 12

7 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I have always thought that JB’s proclaiming that the TV show was a ministry was BS. The only way for that to be accurate is if they demonstrated their TRUE religious beliefs about LGBTQ members, other religions, etc. on air and encouraged the viewers to join them. What they shared was window dressing to make TLC happy and fill their coffers. YMMV

And yet, I guarantee there are many evangelicals out there who think the same way Derick apparently does, which is that prostituting yourself on air to show a watered-down sanitized version of Christianity without any so-called righteous shaming and blaming is useless; and only opens the family up to a toehold for Satan a la - drumroll - Josh. 

They would say that just tra-la-la'ing around like a circus sideshow "doing things a little [vaguely] differently", isn't doing much at all to educate the sinful heathens.  And these people aren't jealous famewhores; they sincerely believe it. 

Which then makes you wonder:  is it more "righteous" to maintain a purity of worldview, even if the worldview is flawed (best case scenario) or (worst) downright rotten, than it is to lie to people by omission and covert action?  At least the Rods (maybe bad example as we KNOW they'd change places with JB and M in a minute; but bear with me), you know where they stand, and they're remarkably consistent about it to boot. 

Also, maybe JB&M allow themselves to think that getting invited to their little "marriage seminars" and lecturing the already converted along the lines the converted already know, makes this a "ministry".

• Like 6

Jill says: "Keep in mind social media doesn't show someone's entire life"

It may not, but in that one insta-story, she looked totally defeated and stressed after putting the boys down.  She CHOSE to show that on SM and talk about how her day is pretty much stressful till Derick gets home. I get venting here and there on SM, but don't be shocked when someone comments with their opinion.

• Like 21

Jill and Derick both have a habit of putting things out there - Derick saying we were never paid; Jill talking about how rough it is being a mom to boys.  Then when someone either calls them out on it when the story changes or makes a suggestion, they don't like it.  If you don't want to be called out on anything, don't put it on social media.  You do not have to put everything you think or feel or do (or eat) on social media.  There was life before the social media (shocking I know LOL). 

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Like 22

12 hours ago, Love2dance said:

Agree 100%. How can they “convert” or draw anyone into their version of Christianity if they aren’t clear on the show about what they even believe?

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

"the library to play" really irritates me.  

It looks like the library had some kind of winter program they attended.   These programs are a mix of learning and play, and the boys got to spend some time out of the house with other kids.  

• Like 17
  • Useful 4

I'm not denying the fact that whatever they did at the library was something those boys needed, but it irritates that Jill equates going to the library with a "play" activity.  We've seen it before.  I doubt they are allowed to check out books.  I don't like to insert personal stories with my comments, but when I was their age, I learned that first and foremost, the library was a place for reading, to be quiet and respectful.  Sure times have changed and they were at a special program, it just irritates me personally.

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm not denying the fact that whatever they did at the library was something those boys needed, but it irritates that Jill equates going to the library with a "play" activity.  We've seen it before.  I doubt they are allowed to check out books.  I don't like to insert personal stories with my comments, but when I was their age, I learned that first and foremost, the library was a place for reading, to be quiet and respectful.  Sure times have changed and they were at a special program, it just irritates me personally.

Same. I used to go to the library and check out the maximum number of books allowed as a small child. Too bad these boys probably can’t do that.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Initially, I thought the kids were at preschool and I was thrilled. Then I realized it was the library. Oh well. Baby steps. 

• Like 6

So Derreck had time to reply to tweets from 2016 and just bitterly rant?  I’m starting to think he’s not really trying to break Jill free of a cult so much as Create a bitter and mopey partner for himself.  I’m sure he reckons things will be better when they’re both drowning in bitterness together. He’s so passive aggressive and resentful, I really get the feeling he doesn’t want to be happy. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Namaste said:

Initially, I thought the kids were at preschool and I was thrilled. Then I realized it was the library. Oh well. Baby steps. 

At least the kids are playing with non family members.

• Like 17

Is that top picture on the quilt, Rick Dillard? It looks like a red haired woman to me!  

10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

When most individuals ask for funds they explain the need  or it's for some unexpected and usually tragic event, like a death or illness (like a cheating husband and a broken wrist that turns out to be cancer 🤨).

Most folks don't ask others to support all their costs of daily living when they choose to live without a suitable income. Derick opened himself up to be financially transparent by asking folks to support his family. Even more so when it appeared the Dillards did nothing to slim down their expenses.

And when he posts things about how he has no student loan debt and all those other things 

1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Same. I used to go to the library and check out the maximum number of books allowed as a small child. Too bad these boys probably can’t do that.

I was at the library so much they kinda fudged if I was over the max ...   I am happy Jill is still taking the boys I’m just afraid she only does it when her sweet friend invites her 

• Like 3

Jill is saying she missed someone she's never met? That's odd. Let Derick be the one to miss his father. You weren't even in the picture then. 

• Like 19
  • Useful 1

Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.