Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

So if I was a volunteer on a show, I think I would at least talk with the family and TLC when the new name of the show was going to include my wife's name.

Izzy was born prior to the name change. The Dillard's plans to go to C.A. were prior to the name change. 

The first hint of unrest happened shortly after Sam's birth. The Dillard's had already been "called to continue their mission" in Arkansas by then as well.

Add to all this that JB and TLC certainly knew that Jill's appearance on the show wasn't a factor in keeping it going. They have 19 children, well 18 kids minus Josh, 17 minus Jill, 18+ adding in Tyler and spouses.

They've had 4 or 5 weddings and 7 or 8 grandchildren happen since the Dillard's left the show.

Maybe Derick is pissed that the show didn't crash and burn without them.

• Love 20

I just want to know where all the thousands of dollars cane from. Maybe TLC didn't pay them, but Boob certainly subsidized their lifestyle. Maybe even bought their house. I don't think Cathy has that kind of money.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 14

Is it possible that Mr. Dillard had a very good insurance policy? He was a cop, so it's possible that he made sure his wife and kids would be protected. 

Maybe the boys have that in their names or it was in Cathy's name and she's given the boys their share?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

An insurance policy is the only thing that makes sense. Delivering sporadically for Grub Hub ain't paying tuition to law school, let alone buy a house. GH might pay the power bill, but not much beyond that.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Suzn said:

His story is fluid and ever-changing and yes, he totally ignores being fired by TLC.  I don't remember exactly how TLC explained it, but I think it was crystal clear and it was their decision to remove  D & J from the show.

I always thought that was a bit ambiguous. IIRC, people kept reaching out to TLC on social media, calling them out for Derick's behavior towards Jazz. TLC responded by saying that Derick was no longer on the show and hadn't been filmed in months. 

All of these people are sketchy, but I think if they had actually fired him, they would have stated that outright because of all the heat they were getting. The fact that they didn't makes me think that Derick was actually telling the truth about refusing to be on the show anymore. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
22 hours ago, awaken said:

Has he said something publicly?  I don’t recall. 

Everything derick writes is word salad. 

There is a video of the family in Australia where Boob talks about Deanna having a child out of wedlock and how it negatively impacted her life. There are also interviews where he has stated his father wasn’t a good Christian.

Edited by SMama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Absolom said:

TLC almost never says they've fired anyone.  They use euphemisms such as is no longer filming or being filmed.

Look at how TLC nearly destroyed Jon Gosselin, financially. (The ultimate damage to those children is yet to be determined.)  Would not be surprised if the same was threatened toward DD using Jon as an example.   The difference was there are a zillion Duggars and the threat was ultimately pointless.  

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Look at how TLC nearly destroyed Jon Gosselin, financially. (The ultimate damage to those children is yet to be determined.)  Would not be surprised if the same was threatened toward DD using Jon as an example.   The difference was there are a zillion Duggars and the threat was ultimately pointless.  

I don't know Jon Gosselin's story with TLC. Can someone elaborate and compare/contrast with Derelict's situation with TLC?

37 minutes ago, Absolom said:

TLC almost never says they've fired anyone.  They use euphemisms such as is no longer filming or being filmed.

Ah, good to know. The Duggars are the only TLC family I've ever followed with any regularity. 

I guess technically you can't really fired someone who's not under contract. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I've seen Boobchelle diss his father at conferences. Does Boob even give interviews? Do any of them, aside from Jeremy?

I should have said talking heads and conferences.

• Love 2

I agree there was an insurance policy from Derick’s dad passing away.  There would have also been his pension/retirement that could have been cashed out.  Cathy also strikes me as the type to save for college, so Derick likely got through undergrad without any student loans.  Cathy still works and remarried so I bet she doesn’t live off her first husband’s money much.  If anything it’s her retirement fund now.

They probably did live rent-free at the McMansion during the year at Walmart.  I’ve seen rumblings before that Derick likely took a (small) paycheck from SOS in addition to living in DA rent free.  With donations funding the rest of the lifestyle, they probably did pocket a little and have enough to pay a few grand in hospital bills.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So if I was a volunteer on a show, I think I would at least talk with the family and TLC when the new name of the show was going to include my wife's name.

Izzy was born prior to the name change. The Dillard's plans to go to C.A. were prior to the name change. 

The first hint of unrest happened shortly after Sam's birth. The Dillard's had already been "called to continue their mission" in Arkansas by then as well.

Add to all this that JB and TLC certainly knew that Jill's appearance on the show wasn't a factor in keeping it going. They have 19 children, well 18 kids minus Josh, 17 minus Jill, 18+ adding in Tyler and spouses.

They've had 4 or 5 weddings and 7 or 8 grandchildren happen since the Dillard's left the show.

Maybe Derick is pissed that the show didn't crash and burn without them.

That makes complete sense. Everything about his 'tude screams of someone who was fired. Because he was fired he hoped it would crash and burned with him gone. Or that TLC  would see the error of their ways and come crawling back to him begging him to come back. But when that didn't happen it made him angry and he's tried to bring the show down because if he can't be on it then he doesn't want anyone else to be on it either. He's exactly the type who if he can't have something then he'll ruin it for everyone else. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Zella said:

You bring up a good point--I will enjoy watching JB's house of cards fall, but if Derick doesn't think his own finances are going to be scrutinized in the process, he's got another thing coming.

Personally, I think there is some truth in what Derick is saying about the situation with JB (particularly about the current estrangement), but his story has changed so many times, especially regarding "contracts"--and what he has said doesn't make sense--that I am wary of some of the claims he's making. Especially, as I have said before, how he always conveniently ignores he was FIRED by TLC.

It's been pointed out to me that Austin has also mentioned not being paid, so I am more willing to accept that claim than I was, but I agree with you that not being paid doesn't necessarily equal no material benefit at all. 

There is a difference between being compensated and being paid. Being paid means you get to earn dollars for your labor (if you can call being on TV labor) and you control what you spend your money on.  Being compensated means you owe homage to JB and have to tow his line and that he approves of how you spend the money.  You wouldn't like it if you got "paid" but your boss decided you can't buy alcohol or pay rent because those aren't "worthy" endeavors.  I think Derrick is saying sure they got free rent as long as they acted in a way that JB approved of.  That's basically a form of slavery.

Derreck is still a miserable human being but adults appearing on TV, who sell their privacy for profits deserve to get a paycheck, not rent from an approving daddy.  Maybe Derrick did the Jazz rant to get fired so he could move on.  Not approving his views, just saying he might have had an ulterior motive that involved breaking free.

Or he's just stupid.

• Useful 5
  • Love 16

Anyone else catch Jill's insta-story yesterday? She started with after putting the boys down for nap and talking about how stressful it is sometimes. She also said that she has to tell herself to gear up for when they get up because that is the otherr stressful time too, between nap time and when Derick comes home. Those are the crazy times. She started to say how she was trying to explain to Izzy, but then the video cut off and when she came back on, she didn't continue with that. So basically, her whole day is stressful until Derick comes home.

Everytime I watch one of her stories where she's freakin' out on about the boys, I tend to wish that Derick would tell her it's ok to put them in pre-school. Even encourage her to go get a part time job, even if it were at Amy's store. She clearly can't handle the boys on her own very well and is always stressed out. What is she going to do when Izzy doesn't nap anymore, but Sam still does? How is she going to entertain the kid all day? Haven't seen any homeschool videos in forever either.

The other part of her story was her at Amy's store modeling a ton of outfits. She said the boys were  off watching PBS Kids. I didn't watch all of that because it was pretty long.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The videos at Amy’s store were cringe worthy, and filled with “ummm”..... .

Jill really can’t string a sentence together and between the ummm and like, it’s hard to figure out what she is talking about. Some of the clothes she tried on were cute, but clearly Amy was putting the outfits together.

• Love 4

Sounds like she is getting closer to Amy.  I can understand the "stress" of being alone with two small boys - mine were close in age and the ex Dr. lookeyloo was almost never home, with his medical training, etc.  In the early years there were very limited opportunities for me back in the way back days.  Weather dictated a lot, I had limited transportation opportunities, family didn't live close, neighbors had very different ideas about child rearing which included a lot of screaming at and slapping of their children.  It was stressful being alone all day with them.  I tried to have at least a routine.  Things changed when we moved to a place where I could get the older one to a pre school twice a week and met women with sort of like minded ideas, so maybe just maybe Jill will get to a point where she can find some other outlets for them which will help her.  I hate her views but understand where she is coming from.  She doesn't have the same limitations I did, but she does have some self induced limitations to overcome.

• Love 17
20 hours ago, Suzn said:

I think your interpretation of what D'Wreck was trying to say was entirely right.  However, his claim of not receiving pay is deceptive at the very least.  The lived in a big house owned by JB  - did they pay him rent?  Did they pay for their honeymoon trip?  I don't think there is any doubt that even if they never received a check made out to them, they benefited financially. 

The rest of their finances remain murky. Aside from some apparent part time and/or temp jobs the only real job he has had was the brief stint at Walmart.  Somehow they have managed to pay medical bills, support themselves through the missionary adventure, church training, pay for law school and buy a new house,  All this has been financed without any real visible means of support.

D'Wreck and Jill seem to be getting credit or approval for separating from the Duggar clan and I'm enjoying watching this particular train wreck.  But there is absolutely nothing to indicate that his odious views have changed, even slightly.  And you can be sure that if his opinions have not evolved, then neither have Jill's.  They may appear to be moving more into the mainstream, but that is all surface appearance.

Possibly to a certain extent the issue lies in how they were compensated.  Did they choose their living situation or their honeymoon, or were they merely doled out as fait accompli, no refunds or exchanges?

I'd find it pretty hard if instead of a paycheck I received gift cards only to a specific restaurant and a specific store as compensation.  It would only be worse in my eyes if the restaurant I was forced to eat at for all my meals was owned by my boss, guaranteeing he would essentially be eating from my table as it were. 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Absolom said:

Probably falls under the standard realm of HR personnel matters that cannot be revealed publicly.  

• Love 4

I think an important fact about Derick  is that he is true religious fanatic, and him going to law school and letting Jill pierce her nose and wear pants doesn't change that fact. He doesn't want TLC and the show to crash and burn because he was fired (if he was), he wants it to crash and burn because, in addition to the money issue, he wasn't allowed to be upfront about his beliefs on camera. I honestly think the money wouldn't even be such a factor for him it weren't for JB's hypocrisy in claiming to be a ministry but not being upfront about their more odious opinions.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Sounds like she is getting closer to Amy.  I can understand the "stress" of being alone with two small boys - mine were close in age and the ex Dr. lookeyloo was almost never home, with his medical training, etc.  In the early years there were very limited opportunities for me back in the way back days.  Weather dictated a lot, I had limited transportation opportunities, family didn't live close, neighbors had very different ideas about child rearing which included a lot of screaming at and slapping of their children.  It was stressful being alone all day with them.  I tried to have at least a routine.  Things changed when we moved to a place where I could get the older one to a pre school twice a week and met women with sort of like minded ideas, so maybe just maybe Jill will get to a point where she can find some other outlets for them which will help her.  I hate her views but understand where she is coming from.  She doesn't have the same limitations I did, but she does have some self induced limitations to overcome.

Yes to all of this. I think people forget where Jill came from. I think we need to cut her some slack. 

• Love 7

My theory is that whatever financial arrangement the Dillards had with TLC or JB was just fine. After the birth of Sammy, someone, maybe his mom or brother, said something to the effect of, get TLC to pay, they bring in money filming the birth.

I believe Derick did that and TLC said that's not the way this works. Sometimes it can be something that small that changes the course.

I'm guessing Derick's reactive mouth dug a hole too deep to get out of when he was negotiating with TLC.

So Derick who knows he lost the battle and screwed things up, does what he does best, called out TLC in a passive-aggressive way on SM. What he didn't think through was he was harming an innocent bystander with his hateful beliefs and that bit him in the ass big time. TLC just sat back while the SM masses ripped Derick apart.

Hole even deeper.

Show continues on and Derick is delivering for Grubhub.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, SMama said:

Derick complained about TLC not helping cover Izzy’s birth not Sam’s.  It doesn’t seem like Sam’s birth was filmed, at least not for TLC.  

Oh right. The timing of Derick trashing Jazz was after Sammy's birth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Derreck forgets that during their little stint as “volunteers “they were still asking for money, and likely getting it, through their family ministry. I would like him a lot more if he were transparent and revealed how much that little ministry raked in donations. For heavens sake,  he’s still backhandedly asking for free stuff with his new little PO Box. 

• Love 20
16 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Derreck forgets that during their little stint as “volunteers “they were still asking for money, and likely getting it, through their family ministry. I would like him a lot more if he were transparent and revealed how much that little ministry raked in donations. For heavens sake,  he’s still backhandedly asking for free stuff with his new little PO Box. 

He never did explain where all that money was going to. Nor did he ever refund the money he claimed he would when people especially those who donated money to their family ministry. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

He never did explain where all that money was going to. Nor did he ever refund the money he claimed he would when people especially those who donated money to their family ministry. 

He also never disclosed how he paid for the year at Cross Church,  three years of law school, or his house. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I'd actually argue that when one has acted so shadily and non-transparently about donations given to them and when one is leveling accusations about contracts/payment from people he has possibly financially benefited from, then, yeah, Derick lost his right to privacy about how he finances his shit. 

Exactly!  He made the made the subject open for comment.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Derelict enjoys playing the martyr.

Yes, he does, and he also seems to be a naturally passive-aggressive person who would rather deal with the situation by snipping and sniping in vague social media comments. I've long suspected JB and Derick are a lot alike, actually, and that personality similarity is one reason this is getting so ugly. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Getting ugly? It's apparently BEEN ugly for quite a while. At least since Sammy was born.

That's true. I just don't remember details quite like "Jill can't go to the TTH without Big Daddy Jim Bob's permission, even when her sister is in labor" before now. I feel like there's ugly and then there's UGLY. And what we're hearing now is UGLY. 

• Love 15