Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

If I don't fold each piece immediately when it comes out of the dryer (which I generally do only because I hate ironing much more than I hate folding clothes and have a convenient bit of countertop right over the machines), it does, indeed, stay in the dryer until such time as I can hit the "wrinkle away" button and freshen it up again. Best invention ever!

Same here. I love the wrinkle away button.  And the steam option too!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

There has got to be some production company who would pay the Dillards for a "Breaking Duggar" type show.  That would be perfect for like... hulu or something.  I would reup my subscription, and even go commercial free, if they did a show like that.  

• Love 22
On 11/30/2019 at 12:13 PM, Fallacy said:

That’s how we do it too, so I didn’t see anything wrong with Jill’s method of thawing her turkey. I did however wonder at her cooking it overnight, but I’ve never cooked a turkey that big so maybe it’s fine. I know my grandma used to stick hers in the oven at like six in the morning, and she bought big turkeys like Jill’s turkey. 

Same here, I always thaw my turkey in cold water because it's so much quicker.

I wonder if Jill changed the water every 30 minutes like the directions?

I've never done the overnight roasting at such a low temperature... seems a bit risky....perfect moist warm environment for bacteria to grow....plus I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing the oven was on all night.

• Love 3

So, if you are cooking a turkey of 25 pounds, then you have to cook it for 375 minutes, which is 6 1/4 hours or maybe a little longer to get it to the right internal temp, then rest it for at least an hour, then carve and serve.  This is at 325 or 350, depending.  Now, say you wanna eat your holiday dinner at 3pm... it has to be out of the over to rest before 2, so you have to get it into the preheated oven at 7 to CYA in case it takes a little longer.  So, you wake up at 6 to check it's at room temp, gut, season prep and preheat.

Or, you put it on at midnight, get up as 6 and eyeball it until it's done, set it aside and use your oven to cook all the other crap you need (pies, dressing, yams, rolls, etc.) and don't have to worry about the timing at the time you eat.

Just saying, this is not so crazy, and I have gotten up at 1 am on Christmas morning to put the long roasting meat in the oven and then gone my happy ass back to sleep for a few hours.  And, to my definition, this is cooking it "all night" or "overnight", and damn useful.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 1/10/2020 at 9:41 PM, christine falls said:

Oh my that's hilarious!  (I mean, in the Duggar sense of things). 

I was curious what the song is, and Shazam tells me the song they are dancing to is called 'tutankhamun' by Swedish EDM group 'Qulinez'. I found it on youtube and that's definitely it. 

The only lyric I can hear is 'are you ready for this shit'. Unless I'm hearing it wrong. Very middle eastern vibe to the music, which I guess explains the song name. 

If JB hadn't cut Derick off by now, this would certainly do it. 😄 

EDM and Duggar is something I never figured would be in the same sentence.  Shocked!  Next vid will show Sam with those twirly lights on his fingers giving Izzy a show.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 1/11/2020 at 9:04 PM, hathorlive said:

IF TLC wants to keep this Counting on train wreck going, they need to hire Derrick and Jill to appear as a contrast to the Duggars toeing the line.  Every show needs drama.  The Duggars can wish her back into the fold of jesus with sweet thoughts and condemnations.  The Dillards can talk about how Derrick can get a real job with benefits because he'll soon have two college degrees.   And then listen to some Emo music and talk about going to Bonaroo while smoking a joint.  Just kidding.  But at least that would get viewers in more than the birth of the 49th grand child. 

Jill and Derr-ICK would get some money to pay down school loans.  And they could find something to do each episode that would give JB a heart attack.  "Yes, I said I'm sending him to public school.  They have recently started using non-binary pronouns, Mom".  

Of course JB would never allow that to happen but in a weird way it allows him to "minister" to those whose apples have fallen off the tree and rotted, while reinforcing that...Jesus loves us?  

'We've stopped counting and now we are living' OR 'Life without Counting' or 'I am cutting my fucking hair and wearing jeans' or 'JimBoob suck it, I am free!'

• LOL 18
  • Love 5

Bringing over from Joy and Austin thread:

26 minutes ago, AnnaBaptist said:

It's one of my least favorite words, too, but in this instance, it didn't annoy me. That's because it was clear that Gideon couldn't wait to see his dad, and when Austin came into the house, you could see the joy on Giddy's face. Joy was just reacting to Gideon's happiness. Contrast this to Jill, who says "Yay" even when her children show no interest or pleasure in what's going on.

Jill's bizarre Yay thing always makes me think of Kurt Cobain's unenthusiastic "Yay" in the chorus to "Smells Like Teen Spirit".  😄 Maybe the next time Jill and Derick have a DIY dance party, they can jam out to Nirvana while the lights are out and less dangerous. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4

Predictability, consistency and routine? In what part of her life does she think this applies? Not one of the Duggars appear to have an type of structure in their lives.

And what stressors does she process? How many cans of cream of crap to use? Or how to spend her day without Derick home?

I just looked up communication enneagram. This #6 description sounds a little more like Jill - minus the problem solving.

Type Six/The Loyal Skeptic: Sixes are loyal, humorous, dutiful, anxious and doubting. Sixes are motivated by a desire to find a trustworthy authority in the world in order to help them feel safe and certain. Sixes may have problems with reactivity, doubt and anxiety. At their best Sixes are friendly, excellent problem solvers and supportive friends.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

OMG College of the Ozarks was really into Enneagram typing when I was there. Like, those weirdos used it in official counseling sessions. LOL (5 wing 6 speaking here. 🤣)

I must confess the only thing I really remember about the types is I got nicknamed Unabomber by a friend because of the less-than-flattering description for 5s. 😫

COFO is the only place I've ever encountered that was into that system. I'm wondering if she's run into some COFO grad at church who's introduced her to Enneagram typing.

From what I do remember, though, she needs her "wing" for a more accurate description. Because in my results, being a 5 wing 6 was a different description than a 5 wing 4. I'm sure it would be the same situation for her in being a 6 wing 5 versus 6 wing 7. I'm almost positive she would be the latter and not the former. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

What do the "wings" delineate?

Enneagram is basically a system of personality types numbered 1-9, so your wing is one of the adjacent numbers of your type. Your wing can only be one of the two numbers next to your number, but it basically modifies the description of your assigned number. 

The name I found on the first website I looked at gives 6 wing 7 as "The Buddy." That sounds so Jill-like it's sad. The opposite (6 wing 5) is the Defender. 

For my typing, it was the difference between being a Problem Solver (type 5 wing 6, which is probably right on for me. I always get typed as an INTJ with Myers Brigg) or an Iconoclast (type 5 wing 4).

It's essentially a way to say you're mainly a 6 but with some overlap with a 7 or 5. 

FWIW, I always thought the Enneagram thing was sort of bullshitty and random. But people who are really into it can be quite enthusiastic. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, Zella said:

FWIW, I always thought the Enneagram thing was sort of bullshitty and random. But people who are really into it can be quite enthusiastic. 

Seriously. My friend runs a women’s ministry and they’re holding a retreat in Colorado (we are so not from Colorado) that focuses on how your Enneagram personality can lead you in building your relationship with the Lord. I thought about linking Jill the info when I saw her post. 😂

• LOL 11
1 minute ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Seriously. My friend runs a women’s ministry and they’re holding a retreat in Colorado (we are so not from Colorado) that focuses on how your Enneagram personality can lead you in building your relationship with the Lord. I thought about linking Jill the info when I saw her post. 😂

Hahaha That's hilarious!

I remember at COFO, you could always tell when someone had just had their Enneagram testing done because they'd go around attributing every single thing they did to that. The whole thing gave me cult vibes at times. 

I'll be interested to see if Jill keeps posting about Enneagram stuff or if she moves on to other personality tests. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

For all of Amy's issues, I can see where she is happy someone besides herself sees JB for the control freak that he is.  She has had a front row seat to the madness that is the Duggars for decades and now she at least has oen person who can comment with her.  A Statler to her Waldorf you could say.

• Love 19
53 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

He use to be an accountant for Wal-Mart. Why can't he go back to that?

well that would be a question for Derick.

My guess is he doesn't want to work at walmart. 

It has been what 3 or 4 years since he worked there? He didn't work there all that long and it seems he was off filming the show a majority of the time he was employed there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, SMama said:

Boob never misses an opportunity to put down Deanna for having a child out of wedlock. Followed by how he and Mullet are so damn godly because they accept Deanna and Amy. The same way he trashed his late father. I’m sure Amy has had enough of Boob’s holier than thou bullshit. 

Has he said something publicly?  I don’t recall. 

Everything derick writes is word salad. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

What the heck does Derick's statement even mean? If he has something to state publicly, he should just POST IT.

He can't. He's lied and exaggerated so many times, I'm not sure he knows the truth.

Plus, I'm guessing the truth will make him look greedy and a little stupid, nevermind expose his lies.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

I don't want to defend Jim Bob but I've never heard him say a word against Deanna or Amy other than to describe Amy as a "little wild".

I haven't either, but in reality JB doesn't do much talking at all. He'll say a sentence and pause and then Michelle jumps in and prattles on with Fundy platitudes. 

• Love 13

I would like to ask derick about his "volunteer filming' of running until he gagged/vomited on TV and the visit to the quack dr fedosky.

like was it scripted and he had no option but to do that??

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Derick really does have passive aggression down to an art form. Bet he’s really fun to live with.

It is possible he’s dropping these crumbs as a subtle threat to JimBoob. Give us the money you earned by us “volunteering” or I blow down the whole deck of cards.

Unfortunately, as we seem to be in a post-truth era, it might not matter what he revealed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Zella said:

You bring up a good point--I will enjoy watching JB's house of cards fall, but if Derick doesn't think his own finances are going to be scrutinized in the process, he's got another thing coming.

Personally, I think there is some truth in what Derick is saying about the situation with JB (particularly about the current estrangement), but his story has changed so many times, especially regarding "contracts"--and what he has said doesn't make sense--that I am wary of some of the claims he's making. Especially, as I have said before, how he always conveniently ignores he was FIRED by TLC.

It's been pointed out to me that Austin has also mentioned not being paid, so I am more willing to accept that claim than I was, but I agree with you that not being paid doesn't necessarily equal no material benefit at all. 

His story is fluid and ever-changing and yes, he totally ignores being fired by TLC.  I don't remember exactly how TLC explained it, but I think it was crystal clear and it was their decision to remove  D & J from the show.

Edited by Suzn
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12