Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Chris Knight

Jill & Derick Dullard: Counting On (Donations)

9 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

I think these are the suggestions people should send to her PO box.  It's okay to fail. It's okay to struggle.  Most of us are interested in seeing you try new things, even if you fail.  I don't think she realizes that she's been monetized from childhood and it's okay to try to monetize herself.  And that's there any entire industry that will help her take better pictures, post better content and up her social media game.  I wish Derrick would suggest she take some classes in photography, cooking, and anything that she can post content about that shows her trying to learn new things.  I think Jill has been taught that the outward appearance should be perfect.  Her entire childhood was about faking it for TV.  Now she can make her own money by pulling back the curtain and showing us her struggle to adapt to world with a small family.   She can highlight her homeschooling struggles, fashion woes, learning to make friends who aren't related to you, and doing all of this as a Christian.   

With a bit of effort and a different angle, she could really be THE Duggar on social media.  Because what Jill doesn't understand is that most of us suck in various parts of our lives.  We all struggle, we all feel like failures and nobody nails it 100% of the time.  I don't think anyone has ever given her permission to fail.  

That's very well said! And yeah I agree she has never been given permission to fail. 😞

• Like 7
  • Sad 4

I hope someone spams her P.O. Box with atheist material (I know she would burn it) but to see her face if she got something like The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins etc would be so worth it. 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

4 minutes ago, PuffinFizz said:

I hope someone spams her P.O. Box with atheist material (I know she would burn it) but to see her face if she got something like The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins etc would be so worth it. 

She wouldn’t be able to understand that even if she tried to read it.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 4

8 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

She wouldn’t be able to understand that even if she tried to read it.

That’s a Duggar Edumacation for you. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

The Happiness Lab blurb:

"Dr Laurie Santos asks Wharton's Katy Milkman about the science behind the "fresh start' effect and examines ways we can maintain our new habits beyond January."

Wikipedia:

"Laurie Santos is a professor of psychology and cognitive science at Yale University. She is also the Director of Yale's Comparative Cognition Laboratory, Director of Yale's Canine Cognition Lab, and the Head of Yale residential college Silliman College."

• Like 1
  • Useful 6

I hope that podcast teachers Jill the radical notion of having a daily schedule, waking up before noon, and actually formulating life goals. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Like 16
  • Laugh 3

I listened to that episode today! It’s a fantastic podcast and does give tips you can use. 

In an earlier episode she talked about how taking pictures of every little thing decreases happiness, so I don’t hold out too much hope for Jill. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

9 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I listened to that episode today! It’s a fantastic podcast and does give tips you can use. 

In an earlier episode she talked about how taking pictures of every little thing decreases happiness, so I don’t hold out too much hope for Jill. 

Jill must have missed that episode.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Maybe this is why Jill was MIA on social media for a week or so.  She didn’t post any pictures during that little hiatus. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Like 10

13 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

The pictures of her cooking decreases my happiness 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 23

22 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Maybe this is why Jill was MIA on social media for a week or so.  She didn’t post any pictures during that little hiatus. 

But, social media hiatuses don’t count unless one makes a big announcement that you’re taking a break from social media, so all your followers can express sympathy and that they’ll miss you. So, it couldn’t have been that!  😉

• Like 2
  • Laugh 12

1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Check out Famy's comment....  classy

56zmr9gy9i941.jpg

I dont think there is anything wrong with Amy's comment...I would think the same thing...I think it shows empathy...I would have mentioned I was praying though...when we have kids and see other kids injured or ill...I always thought ...wow...I have a kid that age too...I cannot imagine what the parents are going through...I really just think it was her gut reaction....tiny babies are so vulnerable...

• Like 20
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Dimi1 said:

I dont think there is anything wrong with Amy's comment...I would think the same thing...I think it shows empathy...I would have mentioned I was praying though...when we have kids and see other kids injured or ill...I always thought ...wow...I have a kid that age too...I cannot imagine what the parents are going through...I really just think it was her gut reaction....tiny babies are so vulnerable...

Yeah, I'd cut Amy slack on this too. Gut reaction, first time mother of three month old infant - and let's not forget that Amy could be short on her sleep these days.

• Like 10

On 1/6/2020 at 6:41 PM, hathorlive said:

I'm impressed she's a) trying to get new habits, because most of her Duggar habits are beyond the norm and b) she's getting source materials from academic places, not from "Jesus loves you U" type places.  

I feel she fairly recently credited Derick with introducing her to the Happiness Project.  Or he credited himself, lol.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Check out Famy's comment....  classy

56zmr9gy9i941.jpg

I don’t see anything wrong with the comment.  Yes- She’s using emojis and an abbreviation- but she’s on Jills page, not the sick babys’  Moms’ page.  She is acknowledging that the baby is really young to be fighting such a serious illness and is saying she will pray for her.  I bet there’s a ton of comments similar to it. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 13

I believe Jill is wrong. Meningitis vaccines protect against bacterial meningitis and not viral.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Is it known which kind Baby Emma has?

Jill says in the post bacterial.

Oh my. Jill and Derick started a trend. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are stepping down as senior officials. Who knew J & D could have such influence across the pond.

• Laugh 23

Good for Jill for getting her own PO Box. She has enough followers that I’m sure she can create partnerships/sponsorships, and it’s just easier to have items sent to a box. Most influencers, even those with 500 followers, have a business mailing address.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2020 at 6:24 PM, GeeGolly said:

Laurie Santos is a professor of psychology and cognitive science at Yale University. She is also the Director of Yale's Comparative Cognition Laboratory, Director of Yale's Canine Cognition Lab, and the Head of Yale residential college Silliman College."

Every time I saw the word Yale I read it as Yay. 

• Laugh 4

This was originally posted by Jill’s friend Rachel. “Yay!”, was added by Jill.

25302BA6-4319-4E7E-B02E-D098C6718CED.jpeg

• Laugh 6

3 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

My first thought upon reading this was, "That's a weird way to spell Jinger." WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?

Too much Duggar.

• Laugh 5

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

So, were the parents anti-vaxxers?

A 3 month old would not have the meningitis vaccine yet. I don’t think it’s given until you’re middle school age. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 5

4 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

A 3 month old would not have the meningitis vaccine yet. I don’t think it’s given until you’re middle school age. 

I had no clue. Thanks for the information.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

There is one given to infants and one given to middle schoolers.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

How old of an infant? ie. Would this 3 month old been vaccinated if her parents were on top of things?

Someone earlier today was very offended when I mentioned that I thought there was a vaccine for this.  Posts have been removed.  Just saying.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

This was originally posted by Jill’s friend Rachel. “Yay!”, was added by Jill.

25302BA6-4319-4E7E-B02E-D098C6718CED.jpeg

Is the guy on the back Jill's little one? If so ....he's got the cutest sweet face. I won't even snark about the "with with" because I've been feeling sorry for Jill.

Keep on keepin' on, JillyBean!

• Like 8

Jill could be partially correct. According to the CDC website, there are vaccines for some strains of bacterial meningitis,  but not others. Jill and Derrick have publicly stated that they vaccinate their children, as well. 

• Like 10

50 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

True, there’s pneumococcal at 2 months that could possibly help protect against contracting some strains of bacterial meningitis and other bacterial infections. It’s the first of 4 rounds over a 15 months period, so they wouldn’t be fully protected yet. 

Edited by absnow54
  • Useful 6

19 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

Jill could be partially correct. According to the CDC website, there are vaccines for some strains of bacterial meningitis,  but not others. Jill and Derrick have publicly stated that they vaccinate their children, as well. 

I thought Derelict just said he wasn't anti-vax. That said, I believe that Izzy had to be vaccinated before they left for Danger America. He was 4 months old. They haven't given any indication that I recall that Sammy has been vaccinated.

• Useful 3

There’s a long string of comments where Famy responds repeatedly to the criticism of her initial response. Taking a page from Derrick’s book. She cannot just let it go and not read the comments. Lots of back and forth about how she and Jill mean so much to each other. 

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1

The site I saw said there is an infant vaccination, but that it isn't given routinely but only to high risk infants.  Anyway it's very sad for the family and I hope a wake up call to Amy and Jill to take their kids' health seriously.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my. Jill and Derick started a trend. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are stepping down as senior officials. Who knew J & D could have such influence across the pond.

Bloody hell. I think I even learned of Epstein's death from you folks too. 

Maybe I can't stop snarking on the Duggars after all. 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 2

21 minutes ago, awaken said:

There’s a long string of comments where Famy responds repeatedly to the criticism of her initial response. Taking a page from Derrick’s book. She cannot just let it go and not read the comments. Lots of back and forth about how she and Jill mean so much to each other. 

Well, they’re both Duggar-shun-ees, so that’s a thing...

As much as I do enjoy a good Duggar smack down, not even I could see much wrong with Amy’s comment. I think a lot of moms would have had the same reaction.🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, awaken said:

Can you further summarize? I'm not wading through 1200 comments to find this. TIA! 😁

• Like 3

I don’t recall exactly, but paraphrasing, it was pretty much, “three months old, that’s awful, that’s the same age as Daxton,” which I believe is the goofy name of her latest blessing.

Yeah, I saw a screenshot of that post. I wanted to know more about Famy's subsequent back and forth with other commenters.

3 hours ago, absnow54 said:

True, there’s pneumococcal at 2 months that could possibly help protect against contracting some strains of bacterial meningitis and other bacterial infections. It’s the first of 4 rounds over a 15 months period, so they wouldn’t be fully protected yet. 

What gets confusing is that there are a number of bacterial strains that can cause meningitis. In infants, two common strains are streptococcus pneumoniae and haemophilus influenzae type B. We can vaccinate against those, and both the pneumococcal and HiB vaccines are routinely recommended for infants. The actual meningococcal vaccine isn’t recommended for children until they turn nine (although it can be given as early as seven years of age in cases where children are medically fragile or exposed to an outbreak). 

In any case, a 3-month-old baby would only have had one dose of each of these vaccines, and both of them require 4 doses for complete protection. Even if Jill’s friend’s baby had been vaccinated according to the CDC schedule, she could still have gotten sick, so there’s really no point in speculating about her vaccination status. I just hope the baby is getting vanco in addition to prayers.

As a nurse and a mom, I am staunchly pro-vaccine. I truly hope that Jill and Derick are vaccinating their boys, and that the rest of the family are vaccinating their children as well. If money is an issue, most public health clinics will vaccinate for free or at very low cost. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 12

My girl was vaccinated for that type b in the hospital right after birth, being the first dose (Europe here). So there are vaccines that can be given that early

Poor baby

• Like 3

Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.