Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

But who on earth would wear that in public, aside from the fundiest of fundies?

It's an instastory, so no comments.

A fame whore who would do anything to get attention.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, louannems said:

It looks like a costume from a Little House On The Prairie play.

Once upon a time after Fundy Christmas, my parents were discussing my aunt's dress (as we often did).

My mother:  Why must she wear those dresses which look like Laura's dresses from Little House on the Prairie?

My father:  LOOK like?!  It IS a dress from Little House on the Prairie!

Mom:  But seriously -

Dad:  No, I mean it is the ACTUAL dress, woman!  Laura was wearing it on the episode I saw last night!

I of course thought he was exaggerating, but then lo and behold, I saw the dress in person on a rerun of the offending episode (movie?), and it was the literal, actual, in-your-face dress, there on Melissa Gilbert. 

Red and black plaid, if I recall correctly, with some sort of wide white fichu type furbelow around the neck. 

I wondered if the costume designer was getting residuals, because clearly some Modesty Wear designer had a lightbulb go off over their head to copy Little House dresses and sell them to the fundagelical. 

I, too, admit I thought my father was making it up; or had seen some dress "something" like in the family of Laura's red-and-black plaid; but no.  He did indeed mean the actual, literal copy of the dress, which I knew because in retrospect I had seen my aunt in many a Christmas photo wearing it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I wonder when Izzy and Sam last saw their Duggar cousins? They've seen baby Jax recently, and Dan lives in MO. 

Where does Dan live in Missouri? I know his wife works in Harrison, but MO border isn't far and a lot of folks live in one state and work in the other here. 

Edited by Zella
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't remember the town, but I think it's just over the border. I think Dan's relatively new job is in MO.

Is he no longer at North Ark with his wife then? 

Actually, I went a-snooping and found that they do own a home in Harrison. But only since 2018. Maybe they had lived in Missouri and they eventually moved closer to Harrison? Of course, it could also be something they plan on selling if he got a job elsewhere. 

I could have sworn that they lived in MO, but I am pretty sure he has worked there after leaving the Boy Scouts. But 2018 sounds about right as to when they bought their house. I think they had it before Jax was born.

• Useful 1
28 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I could have sworn that they lived in MO, but I am pretty sure he has worked there after leaving the Boy Scouts. But 2018 sounds about right as to when they bought their house. I think they had it before Jax was born.

I bet he did have a sojourn in Missouri in between. It looks like she has been at Northark for awhile, but I know people who live in Harrison and work in Branson or vice versa, so they could have done that or something similar for awhile. I'm less familiar with Harrison property than I am stuff in the Fayetteville area. I can't tell whether or not they are in a desirable neighborhood.

2 hours ago, Temperance said:

The blue dress is a good color. 

These look like old photos. Both the dress and Derick looks less healthy than he has recently. 

They can’t be old. Jill’s hair isn’t as long as it used to be.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video on Jill’s stories. Sweet potato fries, veggie burger, which they shared.......

9E5BBF93-A63A-4BF0-8A83-1DD235807067.jpeg

It's a real talent when you can even make restaurant food look sickening.

• LOL 17
  • Love 7

The blue looks really pretty with Jill’s eyes, and her hair looks nice and healthy.

I am positive she is posting pictures of being with friends as a subtle dig to her family. 

If Jill went to my church or lived up the street (because those would be easy ways to meet her) I can see myself reaching out to her for a play date. I can deal with rowdy boys and social awkwardness. So I want to give Jill’s friend the benefit of the doubt, but it makes me really suspicious that we keep seeing Rodman & Fields (autocorrect problem but I left it - Dennis Rodman and Fields - ha!).

• LOL 5
  • Love 13

I  was raised by my grandparents and any good In me is because of the abundance of love, guidance, and solid parenting  I received. I take full responsibility for my bad qualities. It’s wonderful the boys get to spend time with Cathy, as opposite to the chaos of the TTH. I was referring to the Dillards’ estrangement from Jill’s family. At least at Cathy’s the boys are not just numbers and are individuals. That should teach me that I suck at joking. 😊

Edited by SMama
  • Love 22

My mom watched my son while I worked. She also would watch him if we went out and later when I went out after my divorce. He had is own room at her house with plenty of toys. My parents also took him on vacations with them. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

One of the pictures shows they each have a burger in front of them, so they may have shared the 2 meals, but they didn't share 1 meal between 2 people. I don't think it looks gross- I think it looks like normal burger restaurant burgers. 

Jill stated in the video that they split the burger between them. I don’t give a crap personally, that’s what she said, though.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 8

A burger is definitely missing. What a mystery. 

The blue dress is a good color and fits her correctly. However, it's made of thin rayon--and there's a lot of it. Since Jill doesn't iron, that dress is going to look very sad after its first washing. It might shrink too. Care instructions are to hand wash and lay flat to dry, so that's one more chore for a busy mom. However, it is nursing friendly. Retail: 49.99.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Rayon is a terrible fabric for clothes...or anything else that needs to look decent. Its only advantage is that it’s cheap. It probably cost the sweatshop less than $5 to make that thing, labor included.

Really, Jill?

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 8

Check out the Meri thread under Sister Wives if you want to see overpriced, synthetic fabric crappy clothes that are butt-ugly.

Jill looks good in blue, but that dress is overpriced.  Is it from another MLM?  Those are usually a bad deal in my experience.  

• Love 4

I can totally understand them sharing a meal.  Those portions look huge anyway and i refuse to believe that Deertick eats that much anyway considering how gaunt he is.  I'm also fairly certain that they are keeping a close eye on their budget.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I think their beliefs leave us plenty to snark on.  Also too many pictures of mundane things.  Many times Mr. Lookeyloo gets a meal and I get a salad or a small side and eat some of his.  We are not cheap or on a small budget. I have limited capacity and don't want to bring food home or leave it.  What I like to snark on is their ridiculous beliefs.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

I can totally understand them sharing a meal.  Those portions look huge anyway and i refuse to believe that Deertick eats that much anyway considering how gaunt he is.  I'm also fairly certain that they are keeping a close eye on their budget.

I have split meals with my family at countless restaurants.  When portions are huge, I have no problem with it.  Just as long as you leave a tip appropriate for 2 people dining.

• Love 12

Derelict just had the strangest IG Live. The boys were running around the living room. Music with a heavy beat played and Jill repeatedly flipped the lights. Derelict said this was the boys' pre-bed routine. He was certainly joking, since the boys were all worked up, and Izzy refused to say goodnight. Then it was over.

Very strange.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Someone asked Derick  why they weren’t shown at Grandma’s funeral:

BF4BF2DE-2FFC-477A-BEE0-0C1B36595C98.jpeg

B25C89D1-62E4-4FE5-9BD6-E57374DEA589.jpeg

Or, y'know, they refused to sign a release allowing them to be filmed for TV. Maybe they wanted to be paid and TLC said no. So no Dullards were shown.

• Useful 5
  • Love 8

Derick seems very determined to forget he was fired from the show, so regardless of whatever legitimate grievances he may have about TLC and JIm Bob runs things, he's never going to be shown on that show now. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
31 minutes ago, Zella said:

Derick seems very determined to forget he was fired from the show, so regardless of whatever legitimate grievances he may have about TLC and JIm Bob runs things, he's never going to be shown on that show now. 

Exactly. He also seems to think the general public doesn’t know anything about pre-ordained storylines. Only that every freaking reality show on earth is fake and scripted, just to varying degrees. You are not the most intelligent, tuned in, and woke person on earth Derreck. You are Duggar adjacent, but you have their arrogance in spades. 

Perhaps D-bag will show up at a Duggar event and announce that he’s not there to make friends, thinking it to be very original!

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Reddit link - video of Jill's rave party.

If she's out of the family, I hope she at least spent the night Rolling on X and making out with Derick after the boys went to bed.

Oh my that's hilarious!  (I mean, in the Duggar sense of things). 

I was curious what the song is, and Shazam tells me the song they are dancing to is called 'tutankhamun' by Swedish EDM group 'Qulinez'. I found it on youtube and that's definitely it. 

The only lyric I can hear is 'are you ready for this shit'. Unless I'm hearing it wrong. Very middle eastern vibe to the music, which I guess explains the song name. 

If JB hadn't cut Derick off by now, this would certainly do it. 😄 

• LOL 13

I'm so curious to Jill's feelings in all this. Is she dying inside with confusion and loss? Is she feeling scared but excited? Is she worried about her get-into-heaven card? Does she even realize what's happening?

Rather than these FU we're not following the rules videos and pictures and obscure passive-aggressive posts, they should take a cue from Harry and Meghan and put out a maturely thought out statement.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Exactly. He also seems to think the general public doesn’t know anything about pre-ordained storylines. Only that every freaking reality show on earth is fake and scripted, just to varying degrees. You are not the most intelligent, tuned in, and woke person on earth Derreck. You are Duggar adjacent, but you have their arrogance in spades. 

Perhaps D-bag will show up at a Duggar event and announce that he’s not there to make friends, thinking it to be very original!

Well, some dim bulb did ask the question. 

2 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I actually think this is one of the most endearing videos I’ve seen of this couple. The kids are obviously having fun, Derick is gentle in correcting their behavior (like when Israel pushed Sam), and, while it might be because I don’t get out much, I thought the thing with the lights was hilarious.  More importantly, they are doing a frivolous child – centered activity with no possible religious value. I don’t think I’ve ever seen another Duggar do that. 

Jill’s breaking free, y’all, one pair of pants, haircut, and techno pop tune at a time.  

It did have “pushing Jimbob’s buttons” value. Some petty spite value. 

• Love 5