Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

Good for Jill for getting her own PO Box. She has enough followers that I’m sure she can create partnerships/sponsorships, and it’s just easier to have items sent to a box. Most influencers, even those with 500 followers, have a business mailing address.

• Love 2
On 1/6/2020 at 6:24 PM, GeeGolly said:

Laurie Santos is a professor of psychology and cognitive science at Yale University. She is also the Director of Yale's Comparative Cognition Laboratory, Director of Yale's Canine Cognition Lab, and the Head of Yale residential college Silliman College."

Every time I saw the word Yale I read it as Yay. 

• LOL 5
4 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

A 3 month old would not have the meningitis vaccine yet. I don’t think it’s given until you’re middle school age. 

I had no clue. Thanks for the information.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

A 3 month old would not have the meningitis vaccine yet. I don’t think it’s given until you’re middle school age. 

There is one given to infants and one given to middle schoolers.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

How old of an infant? ie. Would this 3 month old been vaccinated if her parents were on top of things?

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

This was originally posted by Jill’s friend Rachel. “Yay!”, was added by Jill.

25302BA6-4319-4E7E-B02E-D098C6718CED.jpeg

Is the guy on the back Jill's little one? If so ....he's got the cutest sweet face. I won't even snark about the "with with" because I've been feeling sorry for Jill.

Keep on keepin' on, JillyBean!

• Love 8

Jill could be partially correct. According to the CDC website, there are vaccines for some strains of bacterial meningitis,  but not others. Jill and Derrick have publicly stated that they vaccinate their children, as well. 

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

True, there’s pneumococcal at 2 months that could possibly help protect against contracting some strains of bacterial meningitis and other bacterial infections. It’s the first of 4 rounds over a 15 months period, so they wouldn’t be fully protected yet. 

Edited by absnow54
  • Useful 6
19 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

Jill could be partially correct. According to the CDC website, there are vaccines for some strains of bacterial meningitis,  but not others. Jill and Derrick have publicly stated that they vaccinate their children, as well. 

I thought Derelict just said he wasn't anti-vax. That said, I believe that Izzy had to be vaccinated before they left for Danger America. He was 4 months old. They haven't given any indication that I recall that Sammy has been vaccinated.

• Useful 3

There’s a long string of comments where Famy responds repeatedly to the criticism of her initial response. Taking a page from Derrick’s book. She cannot just let it go and not read the comments. Lots of back and forth about how she and Jill mean so much to each other. 

• Love 2

The site I saw said there is an infant vaccination, but that it isn't given routinely but only to high risk infants.  Anyway it's very sad for the family and I hope a wake up call to Amy and Jill to take their kids' health seriously.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my. Jill and Derick started a trend. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are stepping down as senior officials. Who knew J & D could have such influence across the pond.

Bloody hell. I think I even learned of Epstein's death from you folks too. 

Maybe I can't stop snarking on the Duggars after all. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, awaken said:

There’s a long string of comments where Famy responds repeatedly to the criticism of her initial response. Taking a page from Derrick’s book. She cannot just let it go and not read the comments. Lots of back and forth about how she and Jill mean so much to each other. 

Well, they’re both Duggar-shun-ees, so that’s a thing...

As much as I do enjoy a good Duggar smack down, not even I could see much wrong with Amy’s comment. I think a lot of moms would have had the same reaction.🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, awaken said:

Can you further summarize? I'm not wading through 1200 comments to find this. TIA! 😁

• Love 3
3 hours ago, absnow54 said:

True, there’s pneumococcal at 2 months that could possibly help protect against contracting some strains of bacterial meningitis and other bacterial infections. It’s the first of 4 rounds over a 15 months period, so they wouldn’t be fully protected yet. 

What gets confusing is that there are a number of bacterial strains that can cause meningitis. In infants, two common strains are streptococcus pneumoniae and haemophilus influenzae type B. We can vaccinate against those, and both the pneumococcal and HiB vaccines are routinely recommended for infants. The actual meningococcal vaccine isn’t recommended for children until they turn nine (although it can be given as early as seven years of age in cases where children are medically fragile or exposed to an outbreak). 

In any case, a 3-month-old baby would only have had one dose of each of these vaccines, and both of them require 4 doses for complete protection. Even if Jill’s friend’s baby had been vaccinated according to the CDC schedule, she could still have gotten sick, so there’s really no point in speculating about her vaccination status. I just hope the baby is getting vanco in addition to prayers.

As a nurse and a mom, I am staunchly pro-vaccine. I truly hope that Jill and Derick are vaccinating their boys, and that the rest of the family are vaccinating their children as well. If money is an issue, most public health clinics will vaccinate for free or at very low cost. 

• Useful 12
  • Love 8

The boys are getting time with non-Duggars which should be a positive.  Jill is possibly now seeing what other people have for dinner and can hopefully get inspired.

How do they decide who gets a placemat though?

• LOL 3
  • Love 20
4 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

It would be a classier to serve food on real plates when having guests. These people are allergic to doing dishes.

Hey now, the adult is drinking out of a ceramic mug and not a Styrofoam or plastic cup! Also, I'm completely guilty of resorting to disposable ware when I've got a lot of people over. I've already done enough dishes from meal prep and serving. I don't need a sink full of dirty dishes to sort into the dishwasher after we've all eaten.

• Love 18

I looked past the disposable plates to the kid with no plate in front of him. He seems to be holding an Optimus Prime Transformer.  Surely Jill would have no idea about Transformers. Maybe Derick had them as a kid.

Possibly another mainstream, normal kid thing has been introduced to Izzy and Sam

Since the boys watch Paw Patrol maybe, just maybe, they will be allowed to watch Transformers or Rescue Bots.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Jill's haircut looks so great on her! I saw her and thought, "that one's definitely not jill. Too normal!" Then it was! She looks awesome. 

I seriously thought that was Austin!  I kept looking for Giddy-Up!

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, drafan said:

LOL  She's trying, but the latest frock is fresh off the set of "Breaking Amish".

Oh Jill. Two clodhopper steps back.

“it’s the kind of dress you wear when you want to stand out from dead grass! “

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Ugh. You were doing so well, Jill. You look like you live in the bunker with Kimmy Schmidt.

She legit looks like Gretchen.

Why? Why would anyone make this? Why would anyone agree to sell it? Why would any one wear this? Why would anyone share photos to the world of them wearing this?

Edited by Trillium
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Trillium said:

She legit looks like Gretchen.

Why? Why would anyone make this? Why would anyone agree to sell it? Why would any one wear this? Why would anyone share photos to the world of them wearing this?

It looks like a costume from a Little House On The Prairie play.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, SMama said:

Because she gets free dresses and perhaps money from the hits?

But who on earth would wear that in public, aside from the fundiest of fundies?

Just now, BigBingerBro said:

OMG that has to be the frumpiest thing I have seen yet.  What are the comments like?  I suppose they are drooling over it?

It's an instastory, so no comments.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4