Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm torn between stranger grifting or influencer contact info.

Probably hopes of both.

And maybe they're getting offers for speaking engagements.

I really wonder how the Duggar clan would publicly (and privately) react if Jill & Derick did an interview and repeated some of what Derick has posted. Would they do counter interviews? Would they cut ties? 

At this point they don't even acknowledge the Dillards' absence on any show. When was the last Duggar family birthday post for Derick?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I wonder if we are all overthinking this PO box in another town.   Post offices have a finite number of boxes available at the various sizes.  Maybe the PO in Lowell did not have one available but Cave Springs did?

Again with the size of the 2 post offices in question, I highly doubt that. And a post office box in Fayetteville would have been less out of the way and would have solved the situation if Lowell did in fact not have post office boxes available.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Cave Springs PO, courtesy of Google Maps:

local-details-localweb.gps&thumb=2&yaw=3

Lowell PO, courtesy of Google Maps:

local-details-localweb.gps&thumb=2&yaw=2

I am truly not trying to beat a dead horse or be an asshole by continuing to harp on this, but as someone who lives in the area, nothing about that decision makes sense. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And maybe they're getting offers for speaking engagements.

None of the kids had a speaking engagement for years, ever since right after the scandal. Only Michelle and Jim Bob have given speeches, but that was only to ATI related crowds. 

I imagine Derreck will probably give an interview to coincide with the release of his book, though.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Perhaps the answer is as easy as the Dullards wanting to draw public attention away from where they actually live, for whatever reason. The nonprofit I volunteer with has its PO box in a different city from where it's actually based for that purpose, even though the president's home address is on easily accessible IRS documents. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Perhaps the answer is as easy as the Dullards wanting to draw public attention away from where they actually live, for whatever reason. The nonprofit I volunteer with has its PO box in a different city from where it's actually based for that purpose, even though the president's home address is on easily accessible IRS documents. 

Do people really care about them that much? They’re washed up reality TV stars with no show and no visible means of support. The only people that would really care would be dug her fans looking to give them things, and even that’s a pretty small minority of people.

• Love 5
On 1/3/2020 at 6:49 PM, sixlets said:

Jill (re?)posted this lovely mess of ick yesterday.  Maybe she's colorblind and thinks all foods are the same color.

Isn't this the recipe (or something similar) Benessa made on the show?  I think it was for one of the couple's dinners possibly the one that they had to make something from their honeymoon (country.)   I can't remember but think Benessa messed it up somehow even though it looks pretty basic. 

19 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Do people really care about them that much? They’re washed up reality TV stars with no show and no visible means of support. The only people that would really care would be dug her fans looking to give them things, and even that’s a pretty small minority of people.

Most people certainly don't, but there are enough that do. "Sweet friends" that you've met once, if at all, supporting your lifestyle is apparently a thing in Gothard fundie culture, even for the non-famous Rodrigues and less famous Maxwell clans. I can actually understand (and I don't say this often re Duggars) wanting a place to send the fruits of the grifting that gives a bit of distance from their actual home (in case of nasty-grams or stalkers). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

So why don't we all (anonymously) send cards to Jill at her new mailbox and urge her to send Izzy to school?  We could also send her easy canned soup-less recipes that the boys would like.  I'd spend the stamp.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

It doesn't make sense not wanting it near their home. It's a PO Box that they made public. They have to go to it to get their mail no matter where it is.

A stalker or fan can go to either place. Maybe it's near Cathy or Amy. Maybe other Duggars have a PO Box in the other post office and they don't want their mail mixed up. I know their last name is Dillard, but I guess they get a fair amount of mail with the Duggar name.

My neighborhood's mail comes through a neighboring town's post office. Maybe it's as simple as that where their mail is out of.

• Love 1

I did some digging and apparently the Dillards' "Lowell" house is on the outskirts of Lowell and not at all where a Lowell address would lead one to believe they live. So, the Cave Springs' PO box is closer to them than Lowell. 

Apologizes for the freak out, but my brain could just not wrap around that decision. It's hard for me to convey how little and insignificant Cave Springs is--they don't even have their own school district. 

But for once, the Dillards did something logical. 😂

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 5
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Cave Springs PO, courtesy of Google Maps:

local-details-localweb.gps&thumb=2&yaw=3

Lowell PO, courtesy of Google Maps:

local-details-localweb.gps&thumb=2&yaw=2

I am truly not trying to beat a dead horse or be an asshole by continuing to harp on this, but as someone who lives in the area, nothing about that decision makes sense. 

Perhaps looking for logic with the Duggars is what is tripping you up?  It could be this post office is close to some place Jill and Derrick already go.  Maybe it's on the way to their favorite store or restaurant.  I wouldn't put a lot of thought into the reasoning behind anything the Duggars do.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, hathorlive said:

Perhaps looking for logic with the Duggars is what is tripping you up?  It could be this post office is close to some place Jill and Derrick already go.  Maybe it's on the way to their favorite store or restaurant.  I wouldn't put a lot of thought into the reasoning behind anything the Duggars do.

Yeah I just figured out they have a really weird address, and it is actually close to where they live? I should probably try not to delve so far into their minds. 😉 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Judging by the threads here and the fact that the Duggars and adjacents are frequently on Yahoo and MSN, yes, people do care about them that much. 

• Love 6

Jill (re?)posted this lovely mess of ick yesterday.  Maybe she's colorblind and thinks all foods are the same color.

I’m trying to figure out how to make this more visually appealing and healthy. It’s a struggle. Maybe adding peas?  Salad?  Yikes. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Namaste said:

I’m trying to figure out how to make this more visually appealing and healthy. It’s a struggle. Maybe adding peas?  Salad?  Yikes. 

I'm not sure. I make homemade alfredo sauce somewhat regularly, and it's never looked quite that . . . gross. LOL

I did see a disclaimer after the recipe that I found interesting in light of their theft of recipes and such in the past:

"Disclaimer: Recipes on this site are a collection of our favorites. Some are our own recipes and others may have not originated on our site and/or have been adapted from other sites."

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah I just figured out they have a really weird address, and it is actually close to where they live? I should probably try not to delve so far into their minds. 😉 

Well, you’ll be pretty lonely in there...the good news is that it’s a really short trip back.

• LOL 9

I think Jill is missing the boat here.  We don't care what "sweet friend" she got the recipe from.  We want to see her learn to cook.  She could get more swipes and revenue by stating that she's trying to up her cooking game and she bought XYZ book (credit for the recipe being used) and  wa la here are the results.  She can point out as a novice cook, here is what she found easy about the recipe/cook book and here is what she found hard.  Here are the ones she found to be easy and tasty, while these were super hard and can be classified as fails. 

People are watching her to see her take small steps outside of her comfort zone.  I don't think anyone expects super success at this point.  The reason Jinger's social media efforts fail is because they all looked staged and lack authenticity.  We see her in dress clothes with dough and then a final product that may or may not have been the result of 13 efforts.  We know it's staged and it's fake.  

Jill should show her struggles and celebrate times she has a winning recipe.  I think this would generate more traffic than trying to act like this poor dreck is a great result.  I would also love to see her admit that she's not so great with fashion, food and motherhood and her "journey" to being better.  She needs to understand why people are following her and give them a reason to return to her site.

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, Zella said:

I did see a disclaimer after the recipe that I found interesting in light of their theft of recipes and such in the past:

"Disclaimer: Recipes on this site are a collection of our favorites. Some are our own recipes and others may have not originated on our site and/or have been adapted from other sites."

I think she did that after she was called out for stealing recipes and actual photos from legitimate popular websites and claiming them as her own. It's a CYA thing.

• Love 6

Holy Heart Attack! She couldn't have lightened it up any? Oh wait... I forgot who we are talking about...

Now picture-wise... sheesh - throw some fresh parsley on top to give it some color!

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I think she did that after she was called out for stealing recipes and actual photos from legitimate popular websites and claiming them as her own. It's a CYA thing.

Apparently Derick got to “copyright infringement” class in law school...

15 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

Jill should show her struggles and celebrate times she has a winning recipe.  I think this would generate more traffic than trying to act like this poor dreck is a great result.  I would also love to see her admit that she's not so great with fashion, food and motherhood and her "journey" to being better.

Being the Duggar who doesn’t know best about everything certainly would be a unique brand, that’s for sure.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

I think Jill is missing the boat here.  We don't care what "sweet friend" she got the recipe from.  We want to see her learn to cook.  She could get more swipes and revenue by stating that she's trying to up her cooking game and she bought XYZ book (credit for the recipe being used) and  wa la here are the results.  She can point out as a novice cook, here is what she found easy about the recipe/cook book and here is what she found hard.  Here are the ones she found to be easy and tasty, while these were super hard and can be classified as fails. 

agree

she also could gain credibility/swipes if she talked about downsizing the old recipes to fit her family of 4 or how she adapted the old faves to make them healthier.

she could even talk about practicing and learning to present the finished product in pics. what worked, what didn't etc

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

People are watching her to see her take small steps outside of her comfort zone.  I don't think anyone expects super success at this point.  The reason Jinger's social media efforts fail is because they all looked staged and lack authenticity.  We see her in dress clothes with dough and then a final product that may or may not have been the result of 13 efforts.  We know it's staged and it's fake.  

Jill should show her struggles and celebrate times she has a winning recipe.  I think this would generate more traffic than trying to act like this poor dreck is a great result.  I would also love to see her admit that she's not so great with fashion, food and motherhood and her "journey" to being better.  She needs to understand why people are following her and give them a reason to return to her site.

Agreed 100%! I really do think she'd trounce all her siblings at the social media game if she reframed her focus as "my parents fucked me up--watch me learn to adult!" I think she might be too emotionally fragile to admit to failures like this, but it would be a lot better than trying to pretend like these recipes are anything anyone wants to mimic. 

15 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

For sure! I wonder when she started adding it. It's been awhile since I ventured over to look at one of the recipes but I was trying to figure out why her alfredo looked like cat vomit. Lolol 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

I think these are the suggestions people should send to her PO box.  It's okay to fail. It's okay to struggle.  Most of us are interested in seeing you try new things, even if you fail.  I don't think she realizes that she's been monetized from childhood and it's okay to try to monetize herself.  And that's there any entire industry that will help her take better pictures, post better content and up her social media game.  I wish Derrick would suggest she take some classes in photography, cooking, and anything that she can post content about that shows her trying to learn new things.  I think Jill has been taught that the outward appearance should be perfect.  Her entire childhood was about faking it for TV.  Now she can make her own money by pulling back the curtain and showing us her struggle to adapt to world with a small family.   She can highlight her homeschooling struggles, fashion woes, learning to make friends who aren't related to you, and doing all of this as a Christian.   

With a bit of effort and a different angle, she could really be THE Duggar on social media.  Because what Jill doesn't understand is that most of us suck in various parts of our lives.  We all struggle, we all feel like failures and nobody nails it 100% of the time.  I don't think anyone has ever given her permission to fail.  

brilliant!  it almost pulls at my heart to write her and give her some moral support. ya never know!

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Zella said:

Agreed 100%! I really do think she'd trounce all her siblings at the social media game if she reframed her focus as "my parents fucked me up--watch me learn to adult!" I think she might be too emotionally fragile to admit to failures like this, but it would be a lot better than trying to pretend like these recipes are anything anyone wants to mimic. 

For sure! I wonder when she started adding it. It's been awhile since I ventured over to look at one of the recipes but I was trying to figure out why her alfredo looked like cat vomit. Lolol 

That’s a blog I’d actually want to read. Jill! Do this!

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

I think these are the suggestions people should send to her PO box.  It's okay to fail. It's okay to struggle.  Most of us are interested in seeing you try new things, even if you fail.  I don't think she realizes that she's been monetized from childhood and it's okay to try to monetize herself.  And that's there any entire industry that will help her take better pictures, post better content and up her social media game.  I wish Derrick would suggest she take some classes in photography, cooking, and anything that she can post content about that shows her trying to learn new things.  I think Jill has been taught that the outward appearance should be perfect.  Her entire childhood was about faking it for TV.  Now she can make her own money by pulling back the curtain and showing us her struggle to adapt to world with a small family.   She can highlight her homeschooling struggles, fashion woes, learning to make friends who aren't related to you, and doing all of this as a Christian.   

With a bit of effort and a different angle, she could really be THE Duggar on social media.  Because what Jill doesn't understand is that most of us suck in various parts of our lives.  We all struggle, we all feel like failures and nobody nails it 100% of the time.  I don't think anyone has ever given her permission to fail.  

That's very well said! And yeah I agree she has never been given permission to fail. 😞

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, PuffinFizz said:

I hope someone spams her P.O. Box with atheist material (I know she would burn it) but to see her face if she got something like The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins etc would be so worth it. 

She wouldn’t be able to understand that even if she tried to read it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

The Happiness Lab blurb:

"Dr Laurie Santos asks Wharton's Katy Milkman about the science behind the "fresh start' effect and examines ways we can maintain our new habits beyond January."

Wikipedia:

"Laurie Santos is a professor of psychology and cognitive science at Yale University. She is also the Director of Yale's Comparative Cognition Laboratory, Director of Yale's Canine Cognition Lab, and the Head of Yale residential college Silliman College."

• Useful 7
  • Love 1

I hope that podcast teachers Jill the radical notion of having a daily schedule, waking up before noon, and actually formulating life goals. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16
9 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I listened to that episode today! It’s a fantastic podcast and does give tips you can use. 

In an earlier episode she talked about how taking pictures of every little thing decreases happiness, so I don’t hold out too much hope for Jill. 

Jill must have missed that episode.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I listened to that episode today! It’s a fantastic podcast and does give tips you can use. 

In an earlier episode she talked about how taking pictures of every little thing decreases happiness, so I don’t hold out too much hope for Jill. 

Maybe this is why Jill was MIA on social media for a week or so.  She didn’t post any pictures during that little hiatus. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 10
22 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Maybe this is why Jill was MIA on social media for a week or so.  She didn’t post any pictures during that little hiatus. 

But, social media hiatuses don’t count unless one makes a big announcement that you’re taking a break from social media, so all your followers can express sympathy and that they’ll miss you. So, it couldn’t have been that!  😉

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Check out Famy's comment....  classy

56zmr9gy9i941.jpg

I dont think there is anything wrong with Amy's comment...I would think the same thing...I think it shows empathy...I would have mentioned I was praying though...when we have kids and see other kids injured or ill...I always thought ...wow...I have a kid that age too...I cannot imagine what the parents are going through...I really just think it was her gut reaction....tiny babies are so vulnerable...

• Love 20
18 minutes ago, Dimi1 said:

I dont think there is anything wrong with Amy's comment...I would think the same thing...I think it shows empathy...I would have mentioned I was praying though...when we have kids and see other kids injured or ill...I always thought ...wow...I have a kid that age too...I cannot imagine what the parents are going through...I really just think it was her gut reaction....tiny babies are so vulnerable...

Yeah, I'd cut Amy slack on this too. Gut reaction, first time mother of three month old infant - and let's not forget that Amy could be short on her sleep these days.

• Love 10
On 1/6/2020 at 6:41 PM, hathorlive said:

I'm impressed she's a) trying to get new habits, because most of her Duggar habits are beyond the norm and b) she's getting source materials from academic places, not from "Jesus loves you U" type places.  

I feel she fairly recently credited Derick with introducing her to the Happiness Project.  Or he credited himself, lol.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Check out Famy's comment....  classy

56zmr9gy9i941.jpg

I don’t see anything wrong with the comment.  Yes- She’s using emojis and an abbreviation- but she’s on Jills page, not the sick babys’  Moms’ page.  She is acknowledging that the baby is really young to be fighting such a serious illness and is saying she will pray for her.  I bet there’s a ton of comments similar to it. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 13