Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Some leghumper asked if it was for fan mail. If so, wouldn't they have gotten a bigger box? 

eta: @Zella, how far out of the way is Cave Springs?

It's about 10 minutes from them, but it is most decidedly not on the way home from the U of A. It's not even on the same side of the interstate as they are, and it is not right on the interstate. The last thing I'd personally want to do after a full day of law school and fighting my way home on the interstate--which can get pretty busy during rush hour--would be driving an extra 20 minutes round trip for a post office box. It also just seems random if they want to drive from their home to check it. 

I am attaching an updated map I've posted on here before for reference.

Blue is Lowell, where Jill and Derick live.

Gray is Cave Springs, where their PO box is.

Red is where the U of A is.

Black is where they used to live in Sonora.

Yellow marks Tontitown, where Ma and Pa Duggar live.

Green is Rogers, where Cathy lives.

Purple marks Centerton where JD and Abby allegedly go to church. 

Only location exactly marked is the U of A.

90443109_NWAmapduggarupdate.thumb.png.4b94047560e44432f80949232dc1ed54.png

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 18
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

No need for him to have to 'wait' and see that Izzy and Sam are behind in their curriculum; he should realize that now.

Israel learned how to read at 3 1/2. Academically, Jill is probably fine for pre-K to 2nd grade. They need to go to school so they learn social skills and coping skills. I'm pro-homeschooling, but you can't teach what you don't know. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Came to see if Jill had posted anything. I'm guessing she's afraid of all the comments and questions she would get after Derick's posts. I'm thinking waiting won't matter though and she'll get all the questions and comments in the first few minutes of her first post.

The accountability partner rule guaranteed that no Duggar would ever be close to one another. Every Duggar child was trained to be a tattletale. Jill may have been the loudest snitch, but I bet every kid told on each other during their nightly check-ins with their parents.

Another rule that reinforced snitching and distance between the kids was being humble. They were not allowed to brag and received very little personalized praise. As children, the Duggar 19 likely snitched or put down their siblings to elevate themselves in their parents eyes.

If I'm remembering correctly Jessa was quick to jump in and support Jill in damning Jinger for her city dream.

JD didn't trust anyone but Jana to cut his freaking hair. Not one of those kids did or do trust their siblings. They probably trust no one at all.

I hope Jill feels that she can trust Derick. Although I'm not sure he knows what's in Jill's best interest.

No, Jill was the only one to do that. When they started talking about the kind of man thay would be good for Jinger, jessa said something like "a man who would buy her coffee."

• Love 1

Can you get packages at the P.O. Box?

I know they would not fit in that little box, but can they be stored somewhere else at the post office?

This is weird and it look like they are expecting people (strangers) to send them stuff. 

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I know they would not fit in that little box, but can they be stores somewhere else at the post office?

This is weird and it look like they are expecting people (strangers) to send them stuff. 

Yes. They put a package slip in the box that you hand over to them and they eventually find the package out back somewhere.

Just now, Zella said:

Regarding the PO box, I feel like bullshit is afoot, but I can't quite detect what the bullshit is. 

Any chance the PO box is in a different county than where their actual house is? Because I can think of some reasons if so...

• Love 3

Yes, packages at the post office result in a card in the box.  Take the card to the counter and they give you the package.  Alyssa Webster has been sent quite a few gifts especially for the kids so perhaps people have offered to send them things.

• Love 7

I think you can get packages to a PO box. I ordered something before Christmas  and it had to be picked up at the post office. Somehow they put it with PO box stuff... and I don't have a PO box. Took them forever to find it. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, awaken said:

And why by snail mail, to a PO Box?  That’s bizarrely outdated. 

I had the same thought. Why are they teaching the boys about something that will be thoroughly outdated by the time they are teenagers?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Any chance the PO box is in a different county than where their actual house is? Because I can think of some reasons if so...

They're both in Benton County. If they wanted one in another county, he could have gotten one in Fayetteville, which is Washington County. There is actually a post office on Dickson Street close to the U of A. I never stopped there because I always thought the parking looked like a nightmare--as is true of everywhere on Dickson--and it wouldn't be on the way home for Derick since it is not on the way to the interstate, but it would be less out of the way than Cave Springs.

Just out of curiosity: what are the reasons for a PO box in another county?

Edited by Zella
3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Yes, packages at the post office result in a card in the box.  Take the card to the counter and they give you the package.  Alyssa Webster has been sent quite a few gifts especially for the kids so perhaps people have offered to send them things.

Does Alyssa have a P.O. Box? I've never heard her mention it. It's very possible that that Tikka lady has her street address. 

No clue why the Dullards think they need a P.O. box.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, BigBingerBro said:

They don't want any fan "gifts" being routed through the TTH,

Good point, but their own street address can easily be looked up. But I totally get them wanting to distance themselves from the Big House.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Zella said:

They're both in Benton County. If they wanted one in another county, he could have gotten one in Fayetteville, which is Washington County. There is actually a post office on Dickson Street close to the U of A. I never stopped there because I always thought the parking looked like a nightmare--as is true of everywhere on Dickson--and it wouldn't be on the way home for Derick since it is not on the way to the interstate, but it would be less out of the way than Cave Springs.

Depending on the demographics, they might get lower health insurance premiums or more options in a different county...at least that’s true in Washington state. It probably would be fraud, though...

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Depending on the demographics, they might get lower health insurance premiums or more options in a different county...at least that’s true in Washington state. It probably would be fraud, though...

Very interesting! Will they accept a PO Box for those things? I wasn't sure if they'd want something that seemed to prove residence, like a street address, or not. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Zella said:

Very interesting! Will they accept a PO Box for those things? I wasn't sure if they'd want something that seemed to prove residence, like a street address, or not. 

Well, I’ve never tried...😇...but I don’t remember the online application process being too rigorous on that part. It accepted a mailing address in a different town than where our house is, because we got a UPS box while we were moving around and building our house and then just kept it.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 1
17 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Does Alyssa have a P.O. Box? I've never heard her mention it. It's very possible that that Tikka lady has her street address. 

No clue why the Dullards think they need a P.O. box.

They want gifts from fans without them showing up at their door, like that girl who knocked on their door when Jill was pregnant with Israel.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

Well, I’ve never tried...😇

Hahahaha fair enough!

I know people who get around stuff like that by using a business address. I have no clue why, but I know several people who do their voter registration here that way, though you are explicitly told in Arkansas that you shouldn't do that. The only thing I can think is they want to vote for mayoral races and can't with a rural address outside of city limits. 

28 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I didn't mean to imply Alyssa had a P. O. Box, but to make the point that she is getting gifts and Jill/Derick might think they will get gifts if they put an address out there.  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1

Whoever has the time, energy and will to get Jill woke, here's the opportunity!

I'd recommend sending very brief and concrete notes. Using words like Godly, praying and blessed should be used. Initially words like cult should be avoided. 😁

And if it's a typed note don't forget the 😇🙏🤣.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I know they would not fit in that little box, but can they be stored somewhere else at the post office?

Yes, packages can be delivered to P.O Boxes; Amazon and the other big online retailers do it all the time. The post office leaves a notice in your box and you pick your package up at the desk.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

The PO Box doesn’t surprise me at all. Jill and Derrick likely want funds and goods (PR and fan sent) and DONT want to give out their home address (I know I wouldn’t). Many people still have PO Boxes for this reason- especially “social media influencers” which Jill wants to pretend she is. 

I say they chose one in a different county for security reasons. Their counties aren’t that big, it’s not like it’s two hours away. 

• Love 13

@Scarlett45 it's all still in the same county, but yeah I agree that there is a grift afoot. I wonder if after Derick's latest meltdown, there were some private messages going down that made him think it was a good opportunity for freebies.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Zella said:

@Scarlett45 it's all still in the same county, but yeah I agree that there is a grift afoot. I wonder if after Derick's latest meltdown, there were some private messages going down that made him think it was a good opportunity for freebies.

I think freebies and letters of support. No matter if Jill agrees with what Derick is posting or not, she must be freaking out a bit. Maybe Derick is trying to prove he's 'right'.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I think it may be less dramatic than this -- although assuming that Derick has a grift afoot is never a bad bet.

I would imagine that up until now all fan mail, speaking requests, and payments have gone through a JB controlled LLC. As part of disentangling themselves from Duggar enterprises, they may have wanted their own mailing address. It also wouldn't surprise me that Derick's knowledge of accounting and basic law has led him to want to publicly disassociate himself from the various shady deals and questionable shenanigans that JB is perpetually spinning.

All true, but most comments are accusing them of grifting for money and gifts. They are quite vicious about it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Not to defend the P.O Box thing.. but a lot of Youtubers have a P.O Box... and people do send letters, packages, etc to them( and the majority I've seen are in their 20s and 30s).  In the case of Youtubers, they have a P.O Box to avoid giving out their real addresses.  I'm not sure about Jill's reasoning for having one, except if she's seen other Youtubers doing it and decided to jump on the band wagon.

Also, I don't think Jill is alone in the world... She has her husband, kids, a few friends.. and it looks like she and her cousin Amy ( a fellow exiled family member) are still close (if Jill is modeling some of Amy's product.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Ugh, it pains me to defend a Duggar, but every influencer, YouTuber, Instagram "model" and social media famewhore has a P.O. Box to receive sponsored freebies and gifts. Jill and Derick aren't unusual in this regard. What boggles my mind is the average Joe's and Jane's who spend their hard-earned money buying these people stuff. It's like that woman who buys Alyssa Bates and her daughter matching dresses. What does she get out of it? Are people that desperate to be adjacent to celebrity?

Yup you’re right. I have handwritten some cards to two YouTubers I follow that have inspired me regarding paying of my student loans (I didn’t buy them any thing, duh I’m debt), but I took pen to paper to send them a card and let them know their videos helped me. 

If another person in Jill’s situation sees her social media and feels inspired or hopeful for understood and wants to contact Jill personally to express that I really understand that sentiment. It’s not hurting anyone. And if companies want to send them free products- I’d be taking the products. 

Thanks to everyone up thread who clarified that their PO BOX is in the same county as their home. I misunderstood- I thought it was the next county over. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Zella said:

It could be a bigger Post Office that has better hours.  The one across the street from me is open from 9am to 9pm and is open on Sundays.   

With the rate of identity theft and porch pirates, a PO Box is actually a good idea. 

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

It could be a bigger Post Office that has better hours.  The one across the street from me is open from 9am to 9pm and is open on Sundays.   

With the rate of identity theft and porch pirates, a PO Box is actually a good idea. 

I sincerely doubt Cave Springs has a bigger/nicer post office than Lowell. Lowell is 9 times bigger than Cave Springs! Just google Cave Springs post office versus Lowell. There's a clear difference in size and quality, and Cave Springs has worse hours because they close for lunch. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

I've had a personal mail box for several years.  It is at a mail store instead of the PO, but I use that address for anything of importance, insurance, credit cards, tax info, etc.  My community mailbox had so much mail theft it was dangerous, until we had a security cage put around the boxes.  I personally have had 2 credit cards stolen (both accounts were successfully closed with no damage) plus several packages ended up "missing".  My mailbox place accepts packages as well as mail, and I feel safer.  Almost anything that comes to my home address now is "junk mail".  Perhaps Jill has had mail delivery issues, and a PO is a solution for her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
30 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I've had a personal mail box for several years.  It is at a mail store instead of the PO, but I use that address for anything of importance, insurance, credit cards, tax info, etc.  My community mailbox had so much mail theft it was dangerous, until we had a security cage put around the boxes.  I personally have had 2 credit cards stolen (both accounts were successfully closed with no damage) plus several packages ended up "missing".  My mailbox place accepts packages as well as mail, and I feel safer.  Almost anything that comes to my home address now is "junk mail".  Perhaps Jill has had mail delivery issues, and a PO is a solution for her.

I totally understand why people have post office boxes. But why in the world are they sharing that address with the world at large? And why in the world is it so inconveniently located compared to where they live? 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

I totally understand why people have post offices. But why in the world are they sharing that address with the world at large? And why in the world is it so inconveniently located compared to where they live? 

That is the question, really.  My address is given out on a "need to know" basis.  I cannot imagine why anyone would feel the need to make their address public.  The point of having a mailbox is convenience.  Theirs sounds like it is very much out of the way.   This really makes little sense to me.  I wonder what the thinking really is.(but we do everything a little bit differently)  It will be interesting to find out.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Ugh, it pains me to defend a Duggar, but every influencer, YouTuber, Instagram "model" and social media famewhore has a P.O. Box to receive sponsored freebies and gifts. Jill and Derick aren't unusual in this regard. What boggles my mind is the average Joe's and Jane's who spend their hard-earned money buying these people stuff. It's like that woman who buys Alyssa Bates and her daughter matching dresses. What does she get out of it? Are people that desperate to be adjacent to celebrity?

I don't know why people would feel compelled to send stuff to random reality stars either, but for whatever reason they do. I watch a YouTube channel about some Great Danes and people are always sending them presents to a 3.4 million dollar estate. The original dogs in the videos both died so I could understand maybe sending sympathy cards, but to send legit presents to dogs living in a $3.4 million mansion? Um, hell no. At least with the Duggars or the Bateses or even the JRod family, you could say in theory the families have kids, they don't have a ton of money, and I'm sure they get a lot from the fundy/religious fans who feel like they are somehow getting in good with their god. And as for the dogs, I will say their mom always is very appreciative for the gifts, probably more so than any Duggar, Bates, or JRod will ever be, but if you enjoy watching dogs so much and want to give to some, maybe give to your local humane society or APL. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15