Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, skipnjump said:

I wonder if it is a bathroom that doesn't get used much?  I would hope that no one takes a shower in there.

Nope. It's their master bathroom. I think Derick takes showers in there. As has been noted, it has a shower stall and a separate tub, vs. a tub/shower combo.

I suspect Derick may take nice long showers as a way to get some alone time. Although I have an image of Jilly bursting in to check on him if he's in there too long and didn't lock the door. Hell, she may have disabled the lock on that door just to be sure he couldn't lock her out. 🤣

Their house looks like a typical developer builder-grade starter home in a new subdivision. I'd be surprised if the bathroom fan provides robust ventilation. The builder probably installed the most minimum-capacity cheap fan he could, to meet any building codes. Just one person a day taking a long steamy hot shower could be more than the exhaust fan, assuming they even use it, could handle. So yeah there would be high humidity in the bathroom, often enough to affect items that would be sensitive to it.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, Suzn said:

So much wrong here.  First it doesn't look like a good idea to hang anything over the tub.  Next, in the humidity of the bathroom, the dried bouquet will get damp and mold and have to be thrown out.  Not even to mention, it looks stupid.

A moldy wedding bouquet is an apt metaphor for the Dullard marriage. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I missed it!  Where can I find it?

Back on page 1047. I can't figure out how to link it. 

3 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I missed it too 😞

On page 1047. I can't figure out how to link it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Ha ha, the saddest part of Jill's day is probably the happiest part of Derick's!

Jill is setting Derrick up for an affair.  Hear me out...  Derrick is doing everything he can to stay the hell away from Clinger Jill:  GrubHub, law school and then law office w/long work hours.  Somewhere along the way, he’ll meet a semi-normal/ normal woman who he’ll be attracted to and BAM!  He’ll have an affair and probably fall in lust/love.  That scenario is what would happen if I were married to a Level 10 clinger.  

• Love 15
39 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill is setting Derrick up for an affair.  Hear me out...  Derrick is doing everything he can to stay the hell away from Clinger Jill:  GrubHub, law school and then law office w/long work hours.  Somewhere along the way, he’ll meet a semi-normal/ normal woman who he’ll be attracted to and BAM!  He’ll have an affair and probably fall in lust/love.  That scenario is what would happen if I were married to a Level 10 clinger.  

I'm not so sure. I think Derick enjoys Jill's admiration/clinginess. And this is Derick we're talking about, so if your theory pans out, it will definately be with a semi-normal woman.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not so sure. I think Derick enjoys Jill's admiration/clinginess. And this is Derick we're talking about, so if your theory pans out, it will definately be with a semi-normal woman.

I think he enjoys the ego worship and probably the lotion time, although it’s probably become something she uses just to have his undivided attention for four whole minutes.

But how he manages to concentrate on studying with her around all.the.time is a wonderment. I would be snarling.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

I think he enjoys the ego worship and probably the lotion time, although it’s probably become something she uses just to have his undivided attention for four whole minutes.

But how he manages to concentrate on studying with her around all.the.time is a wonderment. I would be snarling.

4 minutes you are being kind and generous. I think more like 2 minutes.

• LOL 8

Dereck said Jill has more college credits than all of us. So I doubt genius Jill is going to get any more schooling. 

Its really sad if the kids don’t go to school or play sports etc. imagine how bored they are.

At least it gets dark at 5 pm so bedtime is early. Yay.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Honestly, I think Jill makes all these posts about best husband pulling out of the driveway, online shopping etc because she has absolutely nothing else to talk about. No career, notable hobbies, actual friends, family that talks to her etc...

• Love 7
9 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Smh. I can't even. She would seriously die as a military spouse. I've known several like her. They don't do well and the marriage implodes. It's sad. 

She would seriously die if “Best Hubby Evah” went out to lunch without her!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

4 minutes you are being kind and generous. I think more like 2 minutes.

I actually think it might be longer, because, frankly, I see Dreck's mind wandering to stuff like law school, and not even to Becky in the third row, either...I just feel as though he's actually got enough on his plate right now, and Jilly with her lotion might not be getting his full attention.

• Love 5
Just now, Oldernowiser said:

But she was reading about toxic friends?

So she’s down to one?

this is where I feel sad for Jill, how she was cheated by her parents on learning about making friends.

when my kids were young and husband worked long hours and traveled a lot, I found friendship with other parents through activities our kids were involved in. preschool, story time at the library, tee-ball, scouts etc

our kids had great friends who were home schooled. they often invited our kids to their 4H events, we took them to scouting things.

as the kids grew and their interests changed we became friends with other parents through swim team, robotics team and all.

but Jill has been told who the "sweet friends" are her entire life and the boys don't do much outside the house. so she hasn't learned to make friends nor does she have the obvious opportunities most young parents have to make friends. part of that is the dillards decision to not have the boys in activities outside the home

• Love 16

I don't plan to click to find that recipe, but looking at that pot, I see canned cream of chicken soup (cornstarch shines), dried parsley in a jar from Aldi's for the dull green flecks, pasta, and possibly a can of cooked chicken. 

That pot would feed a family of eight (with the Duggar homemade bread and fresh green salad, of course , it could stretch to 20). What do the Dullards do with so much leftover food? Eat until it smells bad? 

I cook and eat crappy beige food on occasion, but I would never brag about it. Jill is a clueless waif in this world. 

• Love 8

From 2018:

Easy Homemade Chicken ‘N Dumplings

Mar 15, 2018 | Recipes | 4 

Serves 4-6 people

Broth:

3 quarts Chicken Broth (or you can use homemade bone broth!)

1 can Cream of Chicken soup

1-2 cans Cooked Chicken

Parsley (optional to garnish)

Salt and Pepper (to taste)

Add all ingredients to pot. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.

Noodles:

3 T. Butter (melted)

3 cups Flour (plus some extra for flouring surface)

1 tsp. Baking Powder

Milk (about 1 cup)

Parsley (optional for garnish)

Mix all ingredients in bowl or mixer until “doughy” (a little sticky). Sprinkle flat surface generously with flour. Place dough on floured surface and sprinkle with more flour.  Use rolling pin to roll out to about 1/8-1/4″ thick. Use pizza cutter to cut dough into 2 x 4″ rectangles. Once broth is boiling, throw in noodles and extra flour. Cook dumplings for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Noodles might get heavy with broth and sink to the bottom when they’re about finished cooking. Turn of heat and enjoy! Personally, I think these are one of those foods that tastes even better as leftovers!

7BDB048C-9EAC-4B5D-B5BB-B587EC9ADCCA.jpeg

26 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I don't plan to click to find that recipe, but looking at that pot, I see canned cream of chicken soup (cornstarch shines), dried parsley in a jar from Aldi's for the dull green flecks, pasta, and possibly a can of cooked chicken. 

That pot would feed a family of eight (with the Duggar homemade bread and fresh green salad, of course , it could stretch to 20). What do the Dullards do with so much leftover food? Eat until it smells bad? 

I cook and eat crappy beige food on occasion, but I would never brag about it. Jill is a clueless waif in this world. 

It's one of the beigest things I think I've ever seen. What's wrong with a big pot of stewed chicken with onions, carrots, celery, peppers, and a can of tomatoes? Some fresh herbs and spices...Colorful, filling and delicious. With rice on the side. Heck, if she got ambitious she could even throw in some Portuguese sausage, some zingy olives, and amp up the pepper a bit.  I doubt it even takes much longer to throw together than this cream of glop. 

Making fresh noodles/dumplings sounds like more work than it's worth when everything else is canned. 

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 20
17 hours ago, lilwhitelion said:

Since I don't know how to copy and paste comments from her IG post, I'll quote what someone said to Jill about the dried bouquet on the shelf, and Jill's response:

"You may want to keep the wedding bouquet in a covering otherwise they become super brittle and dusty."

Jill:  "Oh...I didn't know that!  Thanks!"

I'm just stunned at her willful ignorance.  

Another person told her, "Don't put your wedding bouquet in your bathroom.  Put your bouquet in a shadow box for safe keeping.  The shelf is cute but wedding memories don't belong in the bathroom."

That person was rebuked by several other posters and so added this: "Ok ladies calm down..this is MY OPINION...I believe that wedding memorabilia should be displayed for ALL to see.  Having it in their ensuite bathroom is up to them.  But her display isn't suitable as the flowers will get ruined by the moisture.  Hence..."they don't belong in the bathroom".  I adore the Dugger/Dillard families.  Chill out ladies.  It was not meant to be hurtful."

Her leg humpers flip out over any perceived criticism. FSS they'd rather the poster not point out the obvious and let her precious wedding bouquet mold over. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

It's one of the beigest things I think I've ever seen. What's wrong with a big pot of stewed chicken with onions, carrots, celery, peppers, and a can of tomatoes? Some fresh herbs and spices...Colorful, filling and delicious. With rice on the side. Heck, if she got ambitious she could even throw in some Portuguese sausage, some zingy olives, and amp up the pepper a bit.  I doubt it even takes much longer to throw together than this cream of glop. 

Making fresh noodles/dumplings sounds like more work than it's worth when everything else is canned. 

Even easier, they make frozen vegetable soup mix for all you need to toss in as a little bit of spices and maybe some meat and place in the crockpot for a few hours. No cutting or measuring or anything. 

• Love 8

Throw in a package of good-quality frozen mixed vegetable for color and nutrition. Meat from a rotisserie chicken is good too. This is not brain surgery (or even run-when-the-ambulance-shows-up midwifery). I'm lazy, so I wouldn't bother to make the dumplings from scratch. A quality frozen dumpling or dry pasta will do. The recipe name is misleading. Only the dumplings in this recipe are homemade; the rest is assembled from cans. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I sort of think along these lines. Maybe Derick has his own level of cling 

• Love 5