Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Chris Knight

Jill & Derick Dullard: Counting On (Donations)

6 hours ago, Nysha said:

Am I the only parent here who swiped Halloween & Christmas candy from their kids when they were little? I always pitched the gum and took out the hard candy  balls for safety reasons & then a few things that I really liked. They got 5 pieces a day for a week and then it disappeared. 

I would swipe a piece or two. I would put their candy in the cupboard and they would get a 2 pieces a day if they asked. They would forget to ask usually sometime in the the second week. I'd usually find the candy again around Thanksgiving when looking for some random hardly used item like a gravy boat or breadbasket and toss the candy away. 

The candy in the Dillard kids' bags looks like hard candy, which little Sammy shouldn't be eating anyways.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

What these two consider a date never fails to make me roll my eyes. And no, #besthubbyeveh isn’t getting a pedi too, he’s just sitting in the chair, only #boymom can do that. 

D564E39E-E109-4B24-8D85-30EFDF779C2E.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

35 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

At first when I read her post I thought, oh, they went to a restaurant and had breakfast there, then Jill went to her mani-pedi and Derick went to study. 

Silly me. They ate takeout in the nail salon. 

Seriously. They couldn’t even eat their Mc Danks in the restaurant? Can’t say I’d even call this a date, with Derick on his phone and then eating fast food at a salon. Seems like a lot of their “dates” involve eating fast food in places like a car. 

Also, I need a barf emoji for Jill wearing Audrey Roloff’s jacket. 

• Like 22

What bothers me is why does Derick need an "event" to study? Why does it have to be an event like Jill gets her nails done while Derick can finally study? Can't Derick just say "I need a couple hours to study" and go into a quiet room and study?

I wonder if it freaks Jill out underneath that Derick is no doubt making friends at law school that are probably more interesting and intelligent than Jill. And also, the Duggars have no concept of "studying." In fact "studying" was probably something viewed as evil. 

But the sight of Derick studying in a nail salon while Derick's mom buys him some time by having Jill get a mani and pedi is sad for all sorts of reasons.

• Like 10
  • Sad 3

Just now, Scarlett45 said:

Why didn’t Derek and Jill have a breakfast together (without the kids), Derrick drop her off for a pedicure, study at the library and then Cathy & the boys pick her up? That way Derrick got study time, Jill got her pedicure and the boys got to spend time with their grandma. 

Exactly! And at first I thought that was pretty much what they did. Until I saw the photos. I wonder if that's what Cathy had in mind when she "gifted" them by keeping the boys and giving Jill the mani-pedi etc. But that's not how a Duggar rolls, so it didn't happen that way at all. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Why didn’t Derek and Jill have a breakfast together (without the kids), Derrick drop her off for a pedicure, study at the library and then Cathy & the boys pick her up? That way Derrick got study time, Jill got her pedicure and the boys got to spend time with their grandma. 

Because that makes too much sense.

• Like 14
  • Laugh 8

Jill's finished nails look like crap. She should have had John Boy do them. (That's John David for those of you who don't know that's Abbie's nickname for him.)

• Like 7
  • Laugh 12

Was Derick studying at the nail salon? It looks like he was eating and playing with his phone. One thing I recall from undergrad and grad school was SBaba and I using any opportunity to study. When our car broke and we had to take public transportation to school we broke out the books and flash cards.

We took turns driving home and the passenger would study. Heck, SGirl is only 12 and we are teaching her to maximize her study time. She has swim practice M-F, and a ridiculous amount of homework. We keep a lap desk in the car. She texts me if she needs a book for HW, as soon as she is buckled up she starts on her homework.

The drive to swim practice is used to study. It’s only a half hour drive but she can get a lot of reading done. We are actually surprised that SGirl pretty much has it down by now. 

Derick should have used the salon tome to get some studying done. BTW, I’m not a very organized person. I’m actually the poster child for adult ADHD, but learned by necessity. SBaba and I also worked through college, and were raising our first born. Time was tight. These people are so lame. 

• Like 12

I like the occasional Egg Mc Muffin or Bacon Egg & Cheese Biscuit, but these two sure do eat a LOT of crap.  It's either some strange recipe of Jill's, candy, or fast food.

• Like 13

28 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Because that would require some level of forethought and for Jill to (GASP) be on her own for an hour.  😱

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I like the occasional Egg Mc Muffin or Bacon Egg & Cheese Biscuit, but these two sure do eat a LOT of crap.  It's either some strange recipe of Jill's, candy, or fast food.

In other words, the Standard American Diet. SAD, for short.

• Laugh 9

It also makes me sad that Jill doesn't see this for what it is: Derick obviously called his mom and asked for some space away from Jill. Since this doesn't mean PHYSICAL space as Jill is so clingy, he settled for the next best thing: a time-wasting event where he could read is iPad in peace while she got her nails done. 

And it's very possible Derick is studying on a tablet. I know many students now take notes on their tablets in class.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

13 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

It also makes me sad that Jill doesn't see this for what it is: Derick obviously called his mom and asked for some space away from Jill. Since this doesn't mean PHYSICAL space as Jill is so clingy, he settled for the next best thing: a time-wasting event where he could read is iPad in peace while she got her nails done. 

And it's very possible Derick is studying on a tablet. I know many students now take notes on their tablets in class.

Well we don’t know if that is what happened. Or if Cathy noticed Jill’s awful nails or Derick is just as clingy as Jill. 

Re the tablet. Grandson started college. Everything he submits is electronic. No paper involved. Not even sure if he has actual books or electronic ones. So conceivable that is how he studies. 

I am not a fan of Duggars and Duggar adjacents. At all. 

• Like 15
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

They took smelly junk food into a salon, to stink the place out while Dreck sat around aimlessly, waiting for Jill to be done? Seriously??

1 hour ago, Lukeysboat said:

Seriously. They couldn’t even eat their Mc Danks in the restaurant? Can’t say I’d even call this a date, with Derick on his phone and then eating fast food at a salon

Nail salons these days, unless very well-ventilated, often smell like the chemicals used for nail overlays/extensions/wraps/whatever. 

Which is why, although I'm a typical Boomer American who's known to get drive-through and takeout? It has never ONCE occurred to me to bring take-out food to eat in a hair or nail salon. 

Yuk.

And, yes, I'll cop to having an occasional Egg McMuffin. They aren't the worst possible choice for breakfast. Although I agree with @Trillium: WTF is up with posting a photo of a half-eaten fast food chain breakfast sandwich? I don't think poor Jill could get a clue if an angel swooped down from heaven and handed her one. 

• Like 21

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Because she can't stand to be away from him! Eating McDonald's (or any food) in a nail salon is disgusting, btw!

Edited by BetyBee
  • Like 16

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

What is this thing called logic you’re using?!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 18

11 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Because she can't stand to be away from him! Eating McDonald's (or any food) in a nail salon is disgusting, btw!

Yes. I don’t eat at the nail salon. Crumbs in the water EEWWWWWW. 

• Like 8
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

I’m really curious about Derick’s diet growing up. As much as I loathe Cathy for her beliefs, I can’t see her feeding her family cream of crap slop. If she fed her family relatively healthy meals, I wonder how she feels about the crap her son and grandchildren eat. 

I realize it’s not possible to dictate what Jill cooks. But there are subtle ways of getting the message across. For example, telling Jill about meals Derick loved and how happy it would make her if the boys tried them. Then teaching Jill how to prepare them.

Silly me, the Duggar way is the only way. 

• Like 8

Wasn't Cathy the provider of the spaghetti pie recipe?  She may be as into 1950s and 60s cooking as a considerable portion of Arkansas residents.  More current cooking trends have been much slower reaching Arkansas than some other areas. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, Trillium said:

She #flashcards so I’m guessing he was attempting to study on their #breakfastdate. 

And why would anyone be searching for the hashtag #flashcards anyway???

• Laugh 14

48 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

And why would anyone be searching for the hashtag #flashcards anyway???

Jill has zero clue what hashtags are or what they’re designed to do. #influencerfail

• Like 5
  • Laugh 12

3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Because that would’ve required some common sense, maybe?

• Like 6
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, emma675 said:

I can't believe these dumbasses brought food and ATE IT at a nail salon. That has to be some kind of health code violation. 

There’s no way my salon would let anyone eat food in the working area. That’s pretty gross. And inappropriate. 

• Like 24

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

My hair salon has a little coffee and cookie set-up, but it's in the reception area. Nobody takes food into the back where the stylists have their chairs. I've seen girls have coffee or Frappuccinos next to them while getting their nails done, but drinks are in closed containers. Bringing food into a salon is just tacky and unsanitary. 

Yes- snacks in the waiting area is one thing, and most salons offer you a beverage (like water or tea) but if you're getting your nails done 1. you don't have the capacity to eat, and if you're getting a pedicure 2. I think of the crumbs in the water!!

• Like 10

I've never seen food at my nail salon. Drinks? Sure. I've brought in coffee several times when getting a pedi but nothing if I'm getting a mani. That just doesn't make sense. Are they supposed to do your nails while clutching an egg McMuffin? As usual, Jill defies logic.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 3

6 hours ago, beckie said:

Maybe he wanted to go to make sure that nobody hit on Jilly muffin. Nah, that's crazy... .

You have the wrong couple.  John does Abbie's  nails at home so no one hits on her at the salon. (And JD's a cheap bastard.)

• Like 9
  • Laugh 3

11 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

You have the wrong couple.  John does Abbie's  nails at home so no one hits on her at the salon. (And JD's a cheap bastard.)

A cheap bastard like his father.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Nah. I was talking about Derick. But I was being facetious. I doubt Derick would even notice, and it would probably go right over Jill's head.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Absolom said:

Wasn't Cathy the provider of the spaghetti pie recipe?  She may be as into 1950s and 60s cooking as a considerable portion of Arkansas residents.  More current cooking trends have been much slower reaching Arkansas than some other areas. 

At least spaghetti pie doesn't have cream of crap in it, and Derick always made it seem like it was some kind of treat. I'm hoping she made healthier meals on a daily basis!

CantaDa?

also, doesn't every Christmas cantata basically have the same message...that Jesus is born?

ETA: Jill corrected it! But when she first posted, she spelled it "cantada."

Edited by Christina87
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

Those are cute pictures of Izzy and Sam by themselves.

I wonder why Jill keeps clarifying who cdilla is. I'm pretty sure we all know. But I think it might be a way to publicly distance herself from her parents further, by drawing attention to the fact she's hanging with the in-laws more. 

• Like 7

I had to Google it because I've never heard of a Christmas Cantata and I've spent most of the first 50 years of my life going to church every Sunday.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I had to Google it because I've never heard of a Christmas Cantata and I've spent most of the first 50 years of my life going to church every Sunday.

I went to church a lot for the first 21-ish years of my life and never attended one that had a cantata for, well, anything. I am more familiar with cantatas from the realm of music. I assume it depends on the denomination and perhaps the formality of the individual churches on whether or not they have one? 

• Like 3

Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.