Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Another entry from Sam, a.k.a. @mynextmistake!!  Can I get a "Yayyyy!??"

18 hours ago, JoanArc said:

"Here's my nails. They might have some McMuffin underneath. My mother-in-law- will tip well if it all come out."

I mean seriously, what is the technician supposed to do here?  Ask her to wash the grease off of her hands before doing her mani?  What if a chunk of McMuffin falls off and lands on her still-wet pedi?  Who's going to have to fix that nonsense?  And while I have only had a few mani/pedis in my life, I cannot imagine that the aroma of nail polish and acetone combines well with a mouthful of egg and cheese.

I suppose it's possible that this breakfast out/salon combo was manipulated by Dreck, making Jill bring her food to the salon to shorten the duration of their "date."  If so, well played, but still possibly the stupidest "date" I have ever heard of.  At least eat your crap in your minivan like you usually do, you weirdos.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I wonder if Jill and Derrick's thoughts on tipping have changed since he has been driving for grubhub where tips are a lot of the income for drivers.

I can see it going either way - they might think to tip others or they might think only they, as persecuted christians screwed out of money by TLC and JB deserve tips or some such thing like that

I kind of hope he’s gotten numerous million dollar tracts as tips.  These people like empathy, so that’s the only way they will learn how inappropriate that is. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Jill's house is a new build, yet it has textured wall paint. Is that a regional thing? In my next of the woods you usually only see textured wall paint in old homes where folks are using a cheaper way to hide a wall that may have aged with cracks, dents, many picture holes, wallpaper, etc.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill's house is a new build, yet it has textured wall paint. Is that a regional thing? In my next of the woods you usually only see textured wall paint in old homes where folks are using a cheaper way to hide a wall that may have aged with cracks, dents, many picture holes, wallpaper, etc.

Do you mean the texture on the wall in front of Isreal? If so, I don't think that's textured wall paint, I think that's "orange peel" spray on the drywall itself. It's pretty common in new builds around here, it's much easier to spray that on the walls than to try and do a smooth coat over the drywall. You can find that stuff in a can at Home Depot. 

image.png

• Useful 3
4 hours ago, NJMom said:

No, but it is how most kids sit.

my grandkids are verbal things like this and have said they cannot sit on their butts in a big chair, at a big table and write. they can't hold a pencil or crayon at the right angle to write and can't see what they are writing/drawing. 

they do however have to have their butts on the chair when eating a meal

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 9

Textured walls seem to be more common in states west of the Mississippi.  I have lived in Texas, Colorado, and Nevada, have family in Oregon, Arizona, and California, and all have some type of textured drywall.  But when we lived in Pennsylvania our house had smooth drywall, as does my brother’s place in Illinois.

Jill and Derick’s place is similar in style to the houses in Texas, so I’m not surprised they have textured walls.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 5

The Dullards don't have a dining room, just that large kitchen space. However, it's hard to tell if there's enough room between the table and the half wall that juts out to pull the table off the wall. They don't have an island, so it's all open space.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I'm guessing the table is place like that so Jill & Derrick can sit next to each other. 🤢

They had it that way in the last place also.

I see Sam likes his feet dirty like Aunt Joy.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • LOL 4
4 hours ago, Olliesmom said:

My table is up against the wall and does not look stupid.  In my home, it’s the best location for it.  To each their own.  

I'm with you.  Growing up our  kitchen table was against two walls in a corner & pulled out when necessary depending on how many of us were eating together.  Same thing with the kitchen in our previous house. The table was against the wall due to space & pulled out as necessary.  It looked fine. 

I think the Dillard's eating area is different than the norm for a newer house.  Most houses that don't have a separate formal dining room have a smaller dining area off of the kitchen or an island/counter than can be used as an eating area.  Instead they have a large eat in kitchen which was probably cheaper for the builder.  

• Love 5
18 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Having the table shoved up to the wall is just plain stupid and annoys my decorating senses. 

I had to do that in my first house. The kitchen was the size of a postage stamp and there was no room. 

• Love 8
On 12/9/2019 at 8:26 AM, BitterApple said:

I buy the jarred minced garlic as well. I love fresh, but I feel like I can never get the smell off my hands, no matter how hard I scrub. 

Stainless steel is supposed to get that smell off.  Rub it on your hands.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oooooh.....is she listening to this because she's cutting out her toxic parents? (Please say yes!)

Maybe toxic spouses, too! I'm afraid she'd go nuts and walk away from her (perceived) toxic kids - she's not an Izzy fan.

a friend of Gary's suggested he read the book of Luke and count how many times Jesus walked away. To Gary's amazement, Jesus walked away from people 41 times in the gospels.

Of course, he also walked up to whores and tax collectors and befriended them at every opportunity. Can't see Jilly doing that - yet.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 11
37 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill mentions “my brother is in law enforcement “

Uh what? I don’t think any of her brothers are real cops? 

Pretend cop JD?

Yeah, I'm sure that's who she meant. Rent a cop JD.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I mean, she didn't call JD a cop. He was elected constable. I think that qualifies as being "in law enforcement."

My brother's a constable in Arkansas, and I would never refer to him as in law enforcement in a post about a murdered cop's funeral. And I have a great deal of affection for my brother and don't mean that in any way as disparaging toward him or his elected position. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

JD definitely thinks he's law enforcement with his badge and fake cop car. 

Fake cop car? What did I miss.  Please don’t tell me he custom made a patrol car.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SMama said:

OMG 😱, is that even legal?

Yes, apparently. The department doesn’t even issue him a uniform, they are required to buy their own. If you look closely at the seat of the car is for Arkansas’s constable, and at the sheriffs department or the police department, of which he is kind of an extension. He probably get more respect working at any security company, but then he be held to actual standards. We can’t have that.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

ONLINE SHOPPING? THIS IS A DRAMATIC NEW BREAKTHROUGH!!!

Honestly. Every time I can work up the tiniest bit of sympathy for her cheerful simpleton self she posts something like this.

I feel the same way. I know I probably defend Jill quite a bit, but every time I do, she does something so ridiculous, I feel like an idiot for going to bat for her on something else.

• Love 12

What is she busy doing? I buy a lot online including homemade things online , but I work 50 hours a week and have two kids in school and a million activities. She’s home all day. Not knocking online shopping but she acts like she’s the busiest mom ever. Jill, I’ve been an avid Amazon Prime member long before you met #besthubby 

• Love 22