Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Chris Knight

Jill & Derick Dullard: Counting On (Donations)

21 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Reversing letters is very common at four.

I think I did mention that in my post. SGirl was still reversing letters in kindergarten, then by first grade it was gone. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Reversing letters is very common at four.

I have been retired for a while from the special education field, and philosophy changes rapidly in education.  However, it used to be considered that reversing letters/numbers etc., was not educationally significant until about age 8. As I said, that may well have changed. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 7

27 minutes ago, SMama said:

I’m so grateful for the #boymom, I had no idea she had two boys. 🙄

Wait... what? She has boys? Why didn’t anybody tell me???

• Like 3
  • Laugh 16

In the comments, someone asked Jill why they aren’t on the show. She replied, ( which is unusual for Jill) “We decided to stop because it just got to be a little too much for us.”

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 5

4 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Wait... what? She has boys? Why didn’t anybody tell me???

And I thought we were such a tight knit online community 😞.

SGirl is 12, what if people do not know I’m a #girlmom? Must create IG account to inform no one.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 11

31 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

In the comments, someone asked Jill why they aren’t on the show. She replied, ( which is unusual for Jill) “We decided to stop because it just got to be a little too much for us.”

Sure Jan. 😁

• Like 1
  • Laugh 17

Jill didn’t have to answer. Is it possible that while still craving the spotlight (is all she knows) Jill is maybe realizing it just was not normal? Nah.

Edited by SMama
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, leighdear said:

In Touch keeps calling these people Tweeting at Derick "fans".  I hope they realize that many of these people deliberately bait him, troll him and post provocative crap just to get a reaction from him.  I'd say they're poking the bear, but Derick is no bear.  Maybe a weasel. 

Real fans don't actually ask real questions.  They just blather about them being sooooo sweet!!! and their kids are soooo cute!!!  And bless them!  Bless them!  Bless them!

I'm pretty sure that the metrics that track these things don't care.  Twitter doesn't note "hate-followers" separately in the "followers" category; just the same way that Nielsen doesn't separate "hate-watchers" from real watchers. 2.4M (or whatever) followers, is 2.4M followers; so doubtless Derick looks reasonably popular by Twitter metrics.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I wasn't able to be on here yesterday during the height of the book talk. LOL I would never pay money to read a Derick book, but I'd totally check one out of the library and read the shit out of it if it was a tell-all. 

• Like 9
  • Laugh 7

9 hours ago, queenanne said:

I'm pretty sure that the metrics that track these things don't care.  Twitter doesn't note "hate-followers" separately in the "followers" category; just the same way that Nielsen doesn't separate "hate-watchers" from real watchers. 2.4M (or whatever) followers, is 2.4M followers; so doubtless Derick looks reasonably popular by Twitter metrics.

We should suggest this break out to Twitter.  Fans vs. Haters?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill’s floors are clean! 

Izzy looks so grown up.

I was going to post that his feet are clean!  Clean floors or he just got out of the bath. Remember joys filthy feet a while back. 

• Laugh 6

1 minute ago, Lukeysboat said:

Revolutionary ideas! You are obviously a parenting expert. We cannot expect others to live up to these admirable standards. Triple bonus points if you did this as a #boymom. 

I was actually coming back to add hashtags.

#humanmom #doggrandmom

• Like 4
  • Laugh 9

I will give Jill a pass on baking cookies and eating junk with the boys while derrick was late at school.

we criticize her for not being involved with the boys, not doing age appropriate things with the boys, boys into mischief while jill seems to not have a clue, etc

we know they probably eat the beige slop/poor man's pizza with olives and the like most of the time so this was most likely enjoyable for Izzy and Sam. Maybe even for Jill. If she learns to let go and enjoy time with the boys while Derrick is away they will all be better off.

My husband also traveled endlessly and worked late when our kids were young. starting around Izzy's age, our kids did cook your own dinner fridays. they learned to circle the items needed in an ad or write them on a list . with supervision they learned the basics of cooking, reading recipes and measuring and mostly ate what they cooked. they made some truly horrible things. second child went through a scrambled eggs with food coloring stage. barf emoji would be useful here because that is what those eggs always looked like, vomit in a pan

• Like 17
  • Laugh 3

11 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

We should suggest this break out to Twitter.  Fans vs. Haters?

I would then follow them; right now I don't want to add to their numbers. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I will give Jill a pass on baking cookies and eating junk with the boys while derrick was late at school.

we criticize her for not being involved with the boys, not doing age appropriate things with the boys, boys into mischief while jill seems to not have a clue, etc

we know they probably eat the beige slop/poor man's pizza with olives and the like most of the time so this was most likely enjoyable for Izzy and Sam. Maybe even for Jill. If she learns to let go and enjoy time with the boys while Derrick is away they will all be better off.

My husband also traveled endlessly and worked late when our kids were young. starting around Izzy's age, our kids did cook your own dinner fridays. they learned to circle the items needed in an ad or write them on a list . with supervision they learned the basics of cooking, reading recipes and measuring and mostly ate what they cooked. they made some truly horrible things. second child went through a scrambled eggs with food coloring stage. barf emoji would be useful here because that is what those eggs always looked like, vomit in a pan

I give Jill a pass if she has to take the car to pick Derick up for some reason, because then it would be useful to have the kids awake with her.

I also might give Jill a pass, if the kids were clamoring desperately to see Derick before they went to sleep.

I will not, however, give Jill a pass if she's breaking the routine because she's as desperate to see Derick as your standard emotionally underdeveloped five-year-old who can't tell time.

Unfortunately, I have an overwhelming suspicion that the latter is closer to the truth. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, queenanne said:

I give Jill a pass if she has to take the car to pick Derick up for some reason, because then it would be useful to have the kids awake with her.

I also might give Jill a pass, if the kids were clamoring desperately to see Derick before they went to sleep.

I will not, however, give Jill a pass if she's breaking the routine because she's as desperate to see Derick as your standard emotionally underdeveloped five-year-old who can't tell time.

Unfortunately, I have an overwhelming suspicion that the latter is closer to the truth. 

The thing is that Jill never had a bed time growing up -- and none of her siblings did, either. She has no reason to get up in the morning, and neither do the kids. There is no schedule or routine for the kids because she never had one. She will keep those kids up until 11 to go and pick Derick up at Becky's without a second thought.

Plus, of course, she's an emotionally underdeveloped five-year-old who won't let her kids go to sleep and leave her "all alone" while Derick is out studying.

• Like 10
  • Sad 10

Nothing wrong with Jill hanging with the boys and having fun with them. It's the implied message that she only does this when Derick's evening plans have changed. Like when Derick is home, the boys just wander aimlessly on their own. 

Why not bake together as a family? Or if Derick doesn't like baking, make cookies with the boys during the day. I fail to understand why the Dillard household changes their plans if Derick is not home in the evening.

• Like 14

image.thumb.png.2b3c187bb8d1b70772438c69d86be5c7.pngThis just makes me sad.  That she feels like this is necessary to share and that it's something she does.  Most of her life makes me sad.

Edited by wilsie
  • Like 6
  • Sad 8

2 hours ago, wilsie said:

image.thumb.png.2b3c187bb8d1b70772438c69d86be5c7.pngThis just makes me sad.  That she feels like this is necessary to share and that it's something she does.  Most of her life makes me sad.

next thing you know there will be a video of her and derrick telling the boys they ate all the candy, filming the reaction and posting their children sobbing for all the world to see

oh wait that's a main stream youtube halloween challenge....

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 9

6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

next thing you know there will be a video of her and derrick telling the boys they ate all the candy, filming the reaction and posting their children sobbing for all the world to see

oh wait that's a main stream youtube halloween challenge....

Jimmy Kimmel 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Yay! Are you excited? We ate all your candy.

Its cruel to eat your kids candy. You’d think the parents can buy their own candy.

I have always thought those halloween challenge videos were incredibly cruel to children.  What need do you have to make your child cry just to film it for youtube?

Jill and Derrick are insensitive/unkind to their children in some videos they post., but I doubt they told Sam to kick Izzy in the head for a sobbing kid video.

• Like 18

35 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Jimmy Kimmel 

I think that whole thing is cruel and unfunny. 

Back to Duggarville...Jill lives an ordinary little life. Nothing wrong with that. It’s the seemingly desperate attempts to make it look like something else that are often pitiful.

• Like 17

Jimmy Kimmel was the first time I saw someone encouraging that "funny" thing, and I was terribly disappointed in him.  I think he's stopped it, but I watch Stephen Colbert most often these days, so I don't know for sure. 

I hope Jill and Derick do such a thing.  It serves no purpose other than to give pleasure to people who like mean pranks.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

Jimmy Kimmel was the first time I saw someone encouraging that "funny" thing, and I was terribly disappointed in him.  I think he's stopped it, but I watch Stephen Colbert most often these days, so I don't know for sure. 

I hope Jill and Derick do such a thing.  It serves no purpose other than to give pleasure to people who like mean pranks.

Nope, it's still on:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/conan-ghana-kimmels-halloween-prank-more-late-night-highlights-watch-1253208

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Jimmy Kimmel does all sorts of mean challenges. Throw snow at sleeping relatives, serve meatballs made out of snow etc. I rarely watch his shows but you tube has plenty of them.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Jimmy Kimmel does all sorts of mean challenges. Throw snow at sleeping relatives, serve meatballs made out of snow etc. I rarely watch his shows but you tube has plenty of them.

He was also responsible for half of the terribly sexist "The Man Show"; so he doesn't fool me.

• Like 7

Nice to see Derelict in his high school letter jacket at homecoming. Two things Jill has no clue about and Sam and Izzy probably won’t either.

• Like 5
  • Sad 10

5 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Nice to see Derelict in his high school letter jacket at homecoming. Two things Jill has no clue about and Sam and Izzy probably won’t either.

I noticed too. He's what - almost 30, and still living in high school?

• Like 8
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 1

13 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

If he wants one of his sons to become Pistol Pete. He better send them to school.

• Like 19

I thought perhaps she was checking the candy for safety reasons.  You know, how moms and dads look for a razor blades in the Snickers bars on Halloween? 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

little kids do not need that much candy, swiping a few is not cruel.  We had to pick out a certain number, depending on age, and then give the rest away.  You still wanted to get lots of candy, so you had lots of your favorites to choose from.  

This was for Halloween, parades, parties and anywhere where you had a bag of sugar sent home.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lukeysboat said:

I thought perhaps she was checking the candy for safety reasons.  You know, how moms and dads look for a razor blades in the Snickers bars on Halloween? 

She looks like she’s drooling....

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, wilsie said:

This just makes me sad.  That she feels like this is necessary to share and that it's something she does.  Most of her life makes me sad.

Am I the only parent here who swiped Halloween & Christmas candy from their kids when they were little? I always pitched the gum and took out the hard candy  balls for safety reasons & then a few things that I really liked. They got 5 pieces a day for a week and then it disappeared. 

• Like 11
  • Laugh 2

Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.