Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Why didn’t Derek and Jill have a breakfast together (without the kids), Derrick drop her off for a pedicure, study at the library and then Cathy & the boys pick her up? That way Derrick got study time, Jill got her pedicure and the boys got to spend time with their grandma. 

What is this thing called logic you’re using?!

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

I like the occasional Egg Mc Muffin or Bacon Egg & Cheese Biscuit, but these two sure do eat a LOT of crap.  It's either some strange recipe of Jill's, candy, or fast food.

I’m really curious about Derick’s diet growing up. As much as I loathe Cathy for her beliefs, I can’t see her feeding her family cream of crap slop. If she fed her family relatively healthy meals, I wonder how she feels about the crap her son and grandchildren eat. 

I realize it’s not possible to dictate what Jill cooks. But there are subtle ways of getting the message across. For example, telling Jill about meals Derick loved and how happy it would make her if the boys tried them. Then teaching Jill how to prepare them.

Silly me, the Duggar way is the only way. 

• Love 8

Wasn't Cathy the provider of the spaghetti pie recipe?  She may be as into 1950s and 60s cooking as a considerable portion of Arkansas residents.  More current cooking trends have been much slower reaching Arkansas than some other areas. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Why didn’t Derek and Jill have a breakfast together (without the kids), Derrick drop her off for a pedicure, study at the library and then Cathy & the boys pick her up? That way Derrick got study time, Jill got her pedicure and the boys got to spend time with their grandma. 

Because that would’ve required some common sense, maybe?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

I can't believe these dumbasses brought food and ATE IT at a nail salon. That has to be some kind of health code violation. 

There’s no way my salon would let anyone eat food in the working area. That’s pretty gross. And inappropriate. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

My hair salon has a little coffee and cookie set-up, but it's in the reception area. Nobody takes food into the back where the stylists have their chairs. I've seen girls have coffee or Frappuccinos next to them while getting their nails done, but drinks are in closed containers. Bringing food into a salon is just tacky and unsanitary. 

Yes- snacks in the waiting area is one thing, and most salons offer you a beverage (like water or tea) but if you're getting your nails done 1. you don't have the capacity to eat, and if you're getting a pedicure 2. I think of the crumbs in the water!!

• Love 10

I've never seen food at my nail salon. Drinks? Sure. I've brought in coffee several times when getting a pedi but nothing if I'm getting a mani. That just doesn't make sense. Are they supposed to do your nails while clutching an egg McMuffin? As usual, Jill defies logic.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, beckie said:

Maybe he wanted to go to make sure that nobody hit on Jilly muffin. Nah, that's crazy... .

You have the wrong couple.  John does Abbie's  nails at home so no one hits on her at the salon. (And JD's a cheap bastard.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

You have the wrong couple.  John does Abbie's  nails at home so no one hits on her at the salon. (And JD's a cheap bastard.)

A cheap bastard like his father.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Nah. I was talking about Derick. But I was being facetious. I doubt Derick would even notice, and it would probably go right over Jill's head.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Absolom said:

Wasn't Cathy the provider of the spaghetti pie recipe?  She may be as into 1950s and 60s cooking as a considerable portion of Arkansas residents.  More current cooking trends have been much slower reaching Arkansas than some other areas. 

At least spaghetti pie doesn't have cream of crap in it, and Derick always made it seem like it was some kind of treat. I'm hoping she made healthier meals on a daily basis!

CantaDa?

also, doesn't every Christmas cantata basically have the same message...that Jesus is born?

ETA: Jill corrected it! But when she first posted, she spelled it "cantada."

Edited by Christina87
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Those are cute pictures of Izzy and Sam by themselves.

I wonder why Jill keeps clarifying who cdilla is. I'm pretty sure we all know. But I think it might be a way to publicly distance herself from her parents further, by drawing attention to the fact she's hanging with the in-laws more. 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I had to Google it because I've never heard of a Christmas Cantata and I've spent most of the first 50 years of my life going to church every Sunday.

I went to church a lot for the first 21-ish years of my life and never attended one that had a cantata for, well, anything. I am more familiar with cantatas from the realm of music. I assume it depends on the denomination and perhaps the formality of the individual churches on whether or not they have one? 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Zella said:

I went to church a lot for the first 21-ish years of my life and never attended one that had a cantata for, well, anything. I am more familiar with cantatas from the realm of music. I assume it depends on the denomination and perhaps the formality of the individual churches on whether or not they have one? 

Wikipedia seems to think that a Christmas cantata is just like any other cantata, except Christmas themed, so hopefully the church itself knows what they did and whether or not it has multiple movements.  🤔 

Edited by queenanne
  • LOL 4
14 hours ago, Absolom said:

Can't use fresh lemon or garlic?  Jill shops like my mom did 60 years ago.

I use fresh garlic, and have no use for the pre-chopped sort in jars.  Given the price of lemons, though, and the fact that sometimes you don't even know if a lemon is going to be juicy enough, I find bottled lemon juice so much more economical (I tend to use it quite a lot), and it's a natural product, so bottled lemon juice is a staple in my kitchen. I use fresh lemons when the zest is also an important part of the recipe, but otherwise the bottled is just as good. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

If she did, it was with a Bible tract meant to save the soul of her manicurist. Money pales beside a gift like that!

I wonder if Jill and Derrick's thoughts on tipping have changed since he has been driving for grubhub where tips are a lot of the income for drivers.

I can see it going either way - they might think to tip others or they might think only they, as persecuted christians screwed out of money by TLC and JB deserve tips or some such thing like that

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Given the price of lemons, though, and the fact that sometimes you don't even know if a lemon is going to be juicy enough, I find bottled lemon juice so much more economical

I admit I don't know the price of lemons so maybe I should excuse that one.  I live in southern California so lemons are not usually store bought.  The neighbors and I share a tree and have so many we're feeding the birds and squirrels with the excess.  

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I admit I don't know the price of lemons so maybe I should excuse that one.  I live in southern California so lemons are not usually store bought.  The neighbors and I share a tree and have so many we're feeding the birds and squirrels with the excess.  

Typically, they are about two for a dollar here. You can get them cheaper if you get a bigger bag, but I always find, in that case, that they are a much poorer quality than the ones I can choose off the shelf, and many start rotting within days.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I probably shop somewhat like Jill. I hate the smell of chopping garlic and lemons are very expensive here, so I use bottled for both. I also use cream of <something> soups to make  comfort-food casseroles like dear old mom use to make. Although, I don't make them very often and my meals are seldom beige

I buy the jarred minced garlic as well. I love fresh, but I feel like I can never get the smell off my hands, no matter how hard I scrub. 

• Love 22
22 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I buy the jarred minced garlic as well. I love fresh, but I feel like I can never get the smell off my hands, no matter how hard I scrub. 

Somehow, I don't mind the garlic on my hands. I can understand how it could be annoying, but it just doesn't annoy me enough to not chop it fresh. It comes off in time, and in the meantime, I guess I just enjoy the smell of garlic, whether in food or on my hands 😁 

It does come off pretty easily with lemon juice, though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I wonder if Jill and Derrick's thoughts on tipping have changed since he has been driving for grubhub where tips are a lot of the income for drivers.

I can see it going either way - they might think to tip others or they might think only they, as persecuted christians screwed out of money by TLC and JB deserve tips or some such thing like that

I don’t think Derek tells her about tips  nothing to base this feeling on   Just a feeling I get 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, dariafan said:

I don’t think Derek tells her about tips  nothing to base this feeling on   Just a feeling I get 

this has me laughing - can't you see Derrick keeping the tips and giving Jill a handful of tracts saying those were the tips people gave him? 😂

• LOL 14