Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Lukeysboat said:

Revolutionary ideas! You are obviously a parenting expert. We cannot expect others to live up to these admirable standards. Triple bonus points if you did this as a #boymom. 

I was actually coming back to add hashtags.

#humanmom #doggrandmom

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

I will give Jill a pass on baking cookies and eating junk with the boys while derrick was late at school.

we criticize her for not being involved with the boys, not doing age appropriate things with the boys, boys into mischief while jill seems to not have a clue, etc

we know they probably eat the beige slop/poor man's pizza with olives and the like most of the time so this was most likely enjoyable for Izzy and Sam. Maybe even for Jill. If she learns to let go and enjoy time with the boys while Derrick is away they will all be better off.

My husband also traveled endlessly and worked late when our kids were young. starting around Izzy's age, our kids did cook your own dinner fridays. they learned to circle the items needed in an ad or write them on a list . with supervision they learned the basics of cooking, reading recipes and measuring and mostly ate what they cooked. they made some truly horrible things. second child went through a scrambled eggs with food coloring stage. barf emoji would be useful here because that is what those eggs always looked like, vomit in a pan

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I will give Jill a pass on baking cookies and eating junk with the boys while derrick was late at school.

we criticize her for not being involved with the boys, not doing age appropriate things with the boys, boys into mischief while jill seems to not have a clue, etc

we know they probably eat the beige slop/poor man's pizza with olives and the like most of the time so this was most likely enjoyable for Izzy and Sam. Maybe even for Jill. If she learns to let go and enjoy time with the boys while Derrick is away they will all be better off.

My husband also traveled endlessly and worked late when our kids were young. starting around Izzy's age, our kids did cook your own dinner fridays. they learned to circle the items needed in an ad or write them on a list . with supervision they learned the basics of cooking, reading recipes and measuring and mostly ate what they cooked. they made some truly horrible things. second child went through a scrambled eggs with food coloring stage. barf emoji would be useful here because that is what those eggs always looked like, vomit in a pan

I give Jill a pass if she has to take the car to pick Derick up for some reason, because then it would be useful to have the kids awake with her.

I also might give Jill a pass, if the kids were clamoring desperately to see Derick before they went to sleep.

I will not, however, give Jill a pass if she's breaking the routine because she's as desperate to see Derick as your standard emotionally underdeveloped five-year-old who can't tell time.

Unfortunately, I have an overwhelming suspicion that the latter is closer to the truth. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, queenanne said:

I give Jill a pass if she has to take the car to pick Derick up for some reason, because then it would be useful to have the kids awake with her.

I also might give Jill a pass, if the kids were clamoring desperately to see Derick before they went to sleep.

I will not, however, give Jill a pass if she's breaking the routine because she's as desperate to see Derick as your standard emotionally underdeveloped five-year-old who can't tell time.

Unfortunately, I have an overwhelming suspicion that the latter is closer to the truth. 

The thing is that Jill never had a bed time growing up -- and none of her siblings did, either. She has no reason to get up in the morning, and neither do the kids. There is no schedule or routine for the kids because she never had one. She will keep those kids up until 11 to go and pick Derick up at Becky's without a second thought.

Plus, of course, she's an emotionally underdeveloped five-year-old who won't let her kids go to sleep and leave her "all alone" while Derick is out studying.

• Love 10

Nothing wrong with Jill hanging with the boys and having fun with them. It's the implied message that she only does this when Derick's evening plans have changed. Like when Derick is home, the boys just wander aimlessly on their own. 

Why not bake together as a family? Or if Derick doesn't like baking, make cookies with the boys during the day. I fail to understand why the Dillard household changes their plans if Derick is not home in the evening.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, wilsie said:

image.thumb.png.2b3c187bb8d1b70772438c69d86be5c7.pngThis just makes me sad.  That she feels like this is necessary to share and that it's something she does.  Most of her life makes me sad.

next thing you know there will be a video of her and derrick telling the boys they ate all the candy, filming the reaction and posting their children sobbing for all the world to see

oh wait that's a main stream youtube halloween challenge....

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

next thing you know there will be a video of her and derrick telling the boys they ate all the candy, filming the reaction and posting their children sobbing for all the world to see

oh wait that's a main stream youtube halloween challenge....

Jimmy Kimmel 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Yay! Are you excited? We ate all your candy.

Its cruel to eat your kids candy. You’d think the parents can buy their own candy.

I have always thought those halloween challenge videos were incredibly cruel to children.  What need do you have to make your child cry just to film it for youtube?

Jill and Derrick are insensitive/unkind to their children in some videos they post., but I doubt they told Sam to kick Izzy in the head for a sobbing kid video.

• Love 18
35 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Jimmy Kimmel 

I think that whole thing is cruel and unfunny. 

Back to Duggarville...Jill lives an ordinary little life. Nothing wrong with that. It’s the seemingly desperate attempts to make it look like something else that are often pitiful.

• Love 17

Jimmy Kimmel was the first time I saw someone encouraging that "funny" thing, and I was terribly disappointed in him.  I think he's stopped it, but I watch Stephen Colbert most often these days, so I don't know for sure. 

I hope Jill and Derick do such a thing.  It serves no purpose other than to give pleasure to people who like mean pranks.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

Jimmy Kimmel was the first time I saw someone encouraging that "funny" thing, and I was terribly disappointed in him.  I think he's stopped it, but I watch Stephen Colbert most often these days, so I don't know for sure. 

I hope Jill and Derick do such a thing.  It serves no purpose other than to give pleasure to people who like mean pranks.

Nope, it's still on:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/conan-ghana-kimmels-halloween-prank-more-late-night-highlights-watch-1253208

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Jimmy Kimmel does all sorts of mean challenges. Throw snow at sleeping relatives, serve meatballs made out of snow etc. I rarely watch his shows but you tube has plenty of them.

He was also responsible for half of the terribly sexist "The Man Show"; so he doesn't fool me.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Nice to see Derelict in his high school letter jacket at homecoming. Two things Jill has no clue about and Sam and Izzy probably won’t either.

I noticed too. He's what - almost 30, and still living in high school?

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Nice to see Derelict in his high school letter jacket at homecoming. Two things Jill has no clue about and Sam and Izzy probably won’t either.

If he wants one of his sons to become Pistol Pete. He better send them to school.

• Love 19

little kids do not need that much candy, swiping a few is not cruel.  We had to pick out a certain number, depending on age, and then give the rest away.  You still wanted to get lots of candy, so you had lots of your favorites to choose from.  

This was for Halloween, parades, parties and anywhere where you had a bag of sugar sent home.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, wilsie said:

This just makes me sad.  That she feels like this is necessary to share and that it's something she does.  Most of her life makes me sad.

Am I the only parent here who swiped Halloween & Christmas candy from their kids when they were little? I always pitched the gum and took out the hard candy  balls for safety reasons & then a few things that I really liked. They got 5 pieces a day for a week and then it disappeared. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Nysha said:

Am I the only parent here who swiped Halloween & Christmas candy from their kids when they were little? I always pitched the gum and took out the hard candy  balls for safety reasons & then a few things that I really liked. They got 5 pieces a day for a week and then it disappeared. 

I would swipe a piece or two. I would put their candy in the cupboard and they would get a 2 pieces a day if they asked. They would forget to ask usually sometime in the the second week. I'd usually find the candy again around Thanksgiving when looking for some random hardly used item like a gravy boat or breadbasket and toss the candy away. 

The candy in the Dillard kids' bags looks like hard candy, which little Sammy shouldn't be eating anyways.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

At first when I read her post I thought, oh, they went to a restaurant and had breakfast there, then Jill went to her mani-pedi and Derick went to study. 

Silly me. They ate takeout in the nail salon. 

Seriously. They couldn’t even eat their Mc Danks in the restaurant? Can’t say I’d even call this a date, with Derick on his phone and then eating fast food at a salon. Seems like a lot of their “dates” involve eating fast food in places like a car. 

Also, I need a barf emoji for Jill wearing Audrey Roloff’s jacket. 

• Love 22

What bothers me is why does Derick need an "event" to study? Why does it have to be an event like Jill gets her nails done while Derick can finally study? Can't Derick just say "I need a couple hours to study" and go into a quiet room and study?

I wonder if it freaks Jill out underneath that Derick is no doubt making friends at law school that are probably more interesting and intelligent than Jill. And also, the Duggars have no concept of "studying." In fact "studying" was probably something viewed as evil. 

But the sight of Derick studying in a nail salon while Derick's mom buys him some time by having Jill get a mani and pedi is sad for all sorts of reasons.

• Love 10
Just now, Scarlett45 said:

Why didn’t Derek and Jill have a breakfast together (without the kids), Derrick drop her off for a pedicure, study at the library and then Cathy & the boys pick her up? That way Derrick got study time, Jill got her pedicure and the boys got to spend time with their grandma. 

Exactly! And at first I thought that was pretty much what they did. Until I saw the photos. I wonder if that's what Cathy had in mind when she "gifted" them by keeping the boys and giving Jill the mani-pedi etc. But that's not how a Duggar rolls, so it didn't happen that way at all. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Why didn’t Derek and Jill have a breakfast together (without the kids), Derrick drop her off for a pedicure, study at the library and then Cathy & the boys pick her up? That way Derrick got study time, Jill got her pedicure and the boys got to spend time with their grandma. 

Because that makes too much sense.

• LOL 8
  • Love 14

Was Derick studying at the nail salon? It looks like he was eating and playing with his phone. One thing I recall from undergrad and grad school was SBaba and I using any opportunity to study. When our car broke and we had to take public transportation to school we broke out the books and flash cards.

We took turns driving home and the passenger would study. Heck, SGirl is only 12 and we are teaching her to maximize her study time. She has swim practice M-F, and a ridiculous amount of homework. We keep a lap desk in the car. She texts me if she needs a book for HW, as soon as she is buckled up she starts on her homework.

The drive to swim practice is used to study. It’s only a half hour drive but she can get a lot of reading done. We are actually surprised that SGirl pretty much has it down by now. 

Derick should have used the salon tome to get some studying done. BTW, I’m not a very organized person. I’m actually the poster child for adult ADHD, but learned by necessity. SBaba and I also worked through college, and were raising our first born. Time was tight. These people are so lame. 

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Because that would require some level of forethought and for Jill to (GASP) be on her own for an hour.  😱

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I like the occasional Egg Mc Muffin or Bacon Egg & Cheese Biscuit, but these two sure do eat a LOT of crap.  It's either some strange recipe of Jill's, candy, or fast food.

In other words, the Standard American Diet. SAD, for short.

• LOL 9

It also makes me sad that Jill doesn't see this for what it is: Derick obviously called his mom and asked for some space away from Jill. Since this doesn't mean PHYSICAL space as Jill is so clingy, he settled for the next best thing: a time-wasting event where he could read is iPad in peace while she got her nails done. 

And it's very possible Derick is studying on a tablet. I know many students now take notes on their tablets in class.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

It also makes me sad that Jill doesn't see this for what it is: Derick obviously called his mom and asked for some space away from Jill. Since this doesn't mean PHYSICAL space as Jill is so clingy, he settled for the next best thing: a time-wasting event where he could read is iPad in peace while she got her nails done. 

And it's very possible Derick is studying on a tablet. I know many students now take notes on their tablets in class.

Well we don’t know if that is what happened. Or if Cathy noticed Jill’s awful nails or Derick is just as clingy as Jill. 

Re the tablet. Grandson started college. Everything he submits is electronic. No paper involved. Not even sure if he has actual books or electronic ones. So conceivable that is how he studies. 

I am not a fan of Duggars and Duggar adjacents. At all. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

They took smelly junk food into a salon, to stink the place out while Dreck sat around aimlessly, waiting for Jill to be done? Seriously??

1 hour ago, Lukeysboat said:

Seriously. They couldn’t even eat their Mc Danks in the restaurant? Can’t say I’d even call this a date, with Derick on his phone and then eating fast food at a salon

Nail salons these days, unless very well-ventilated, often smell like the chemicals used for nail overlays/extensions/wraps/whatever. 

Which is why, although I'm a typical Boomer American who's known to get drive-through and takeout? It has never ONCE occurred to me to bring take-out food to eat in a hair or nail salon. 

Yuk.

And, yes, I'll cop to having an occasional Egg McMuffin. They aren't the worst possible choice for breakfast. Although I agree with @Trillium: WTF is up with posting a photo of a half-eaten fast food chain breakfast sandwich? I don't think poor Jill could get a clue if an angel swooped down from heaven and handed her one. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Because she can't stand to be away from him! Eating McDonald's (or any food) in a nail salon is disgusting, btw!

Edited by BetyBee
  • Love 16