Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Considering in a video made Friday he didn’t recognize his name in print, numerous times.......

This makes me sad. The last kid I watched, she could write her name before she was 4. Had to learn it for 4 year old preschool.

7 hours ago, lilwhitelion said:

The following is one small example of the favoring of Sam over Israel when Derick was putting up the tree:

Derick: We've had this since we've been married, right?

Jill: Yeah.  Sam, are you excited?

Sam: Uh-huh.

Jill: Jay-Jay [not sure what nickname she was using for Israel here], are you excited?

Israel: Yeah.

Jill: Yes ma'am.

Israel: (Smaller voice) Yes ma'am.

Ugh! That poor kid. Why do I think that he gets scolded if he doesn't say "yes ma'am, yes sir" when not on camera? I want to steal him and give him a fun loving life!

1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

Subconsciously, they may even blame Israel for their failure as missionaries: "If we hadn't been saddled with the baby, everything would have been different". I have a terrible feeling that they've already set Israel up for a lifetime as the family scapegoat.

Then don't have unprotected lotion sex. I hate them...

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I think that Derick and Jill dislike and resent Israel because in their minds, he's permanently linked to their days in Central America, a period of their lives that they'd both like to forget. Jill was miserably unhappy, lonely and frightened and, no matter how much he tried to spin things, Derick must be aware that his missionary efforts were a complete failure. Now that they've re-invented themselves as Future Lawyer and Happy Homemaker, Israel represents an unhappy past, while Sam represents a fresh start. Subconsciously, they may even blame Israel for their failure as missionaries: "If we hadn't been saddled with the baby, everything would have been different". I have a terrible feeling that they've already set Israel up for a lifetime as the family scapegoat.

I think that Jill, anyway, resents Israel and blames him for her disaster of a birth.  It was his 'fault' he was so big and that he was breech.  Had he been smaller and headfirst, Jill could've shown the world what an amazing birthing machine and midwife she is.  Instead, the story of her delivery made many question the competence of her attendants, the choice to try to deliver at home and the amount of time it took for her to go to a hospital where the situation was assessed almost immediately and the appropriate care given.

Jill seems to operate on a pretty childlike level, I can see her resenting her son because her birth experience wasn't what she wanted.  And I can see Derick being pissed that Israel cost them a bundle in hospital bills just because he was so big and so stubborn.  Neither one seems able to accept any personal responsibility for the choices they make.  It is all God's will or some evil person plotting against their blameless Christian selves.

• Love 4

Previous events may have something to do with the way it appears Israel is treated. Also, Israel can speak coherently, he can offer opinions, and question things. Imagine?

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, judyjudyjudy said:

More turkey bites please....I think?

Agreed, but it would be more convincing if the progress of the plate contents were moving.  🤔

As for the spelling debate, one of the things I heard and always thought convincing, is that spelling is a visual art more than anything else; thus you needed to study spending your life looking at good spelling.  Looking at the torturously misspelled words of the "guess which word in this sentence is wrong and spell it correctly!" type of problems, is supposed to be deadly.  I've always thought it made a lot of sense, having seen contenders in spelling bees clearly trying to recreate words by staring off into the distance picturing it printed on thin air; writing the words out with their index fingers in the air, etc.

Forgot to mention, I think maybe this is why Derick and Jill aren't all that concerned that (if?) Izzy doesn't know how to spell his name, because they think he'll see it spelled out properly approximately eleventy billion times in the Bible before age 16.

Edited by queenanne
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Madtown said:

This makes me sad. The last kid I watched, she could write her name before she was 4. Had to learn it for 4 year old preschool.

My son could read his name by the time he was two. He was a very early reader though. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I think Israel didn’t understand that their names were on the back of the ornaments. At least I hope that was the reason he didn’t recognize his name.

I agree.  Plus we don't know how legible or big  the names were written by Jill on the ornaments. I think he was confused at the footprints ornament too.  If his name was imprinted in the clay as well as the footprint, I  can see it not easily being recognized by a child.  Plus he was very excited and seemed like he wanted to get the ornaments on the tree ASAP without stopping to look for his name on them. I give him a pass. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

My son could read his name by the time he was two. He was a very early reader though. 

My granddaughter, at 21 months, is learning to recognize her name, though I wouldn't call it "reading" it. To be fair, there are only four letters in her first name. She knows a lot of what letters correspond to an image on her flash cards, but doesn't seem to have a concept of what letters are actually for yet. If you show her the card with "Y", for instance, she will say "yo-yo", but likewise, if you show her the "D", she will say "wow-wow", which is her word for dog. Show her the "B", and she will growl like a bear. 

I'm pretty sure that all my kids could recognize their name at least by the time they were three, and maybe earlier. They could all write their names before they started kindergarten. They are all so different, though...My older son could name all the upper and lower-case letters at 18 months, but was a late, unenthusiastic reader and terrible speller, who, if he opted to read anything was more apt to chose technical manuals than novels. He is exceptionally intelligent, but still reads very little for pleasure. My daughter didn't really know her letters until she was close to three, but learned to read quite soon afterwards. My younger son had no real interest in letters, reading or writing as a child, but was somehow struck with a joy in language late in high school, and by college was always getting comments from his teachers on how well-written his papers were.

Based on the videos we have seen of Izzy's workbooks and progress, he seems to be doing just fine so far, though it is puzzling that he can sound out simple words yet still not recognize his name. Seems as though, for whatever reason, his name has not been stressed. Maybe, given that there are only two children in the household, and they are not working at the same level, there's just never really been the need for identification on papers. Or maybe there's even some sense among their ilk that stressing a name indicates too much individuality. Who knows? It does seem odd, though.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 9

Boy Jill has more posts on Instagram and YouTube than an episode of Counting On. Her content is about the same level of entertainment too. She has commercials just like TV too! She’s promoting Audrey Roloff’s books as well as 3130 store. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

If it's true that Jill and Dreck resent their firstborn son due to things that were obviously and completely out of his control, then that is truly heartbreaking.  Izzy seems like a sweet, mild-tempered kid who just wants to please his parents, but it seems like those two breeding morons are throwing roadblocks up to derail him at every turn. I sincerely hope Izzy's self-esteem isn't permanently damaged and that he can grow up to see the worth within himself.  Hopefully someone in that dumb family can help him, although I don't know who that would be.

I believe the same has been said about MEchelle and Boob. Tree. Apple.

12 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I think Israel didn’t understand that their names were on the back of the ornaments. At least I hope that was the reason he didn’t recognize his name.

Jill told him to turn it over to see whose it was.  He did, his name was there, but he didn’t recognize it as his name.  Jill has no business homeschooling those boys, and surely Derrick knows that!

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill told him to turn it over to see whose it was.  He did, his name was there, but he didn’t recognize it as his name.  Jill has no business homeschooling those boys, and surely Derrick knows that!

Yes and his name was written clearly and with a Sharpie.  I was surprised he couldn't recognize his own name given that he completed kindergarten three years ago!

Their fake Christmas tree was so funny looking.  It had big gaps of missing branches. My husband and I had our share of pathetic Charlie Brown trees in our early marriage so I'm not snarking on the tree.  Plus it was given to them used.

That video was way too long but it did the trick in putting m to sleep.  I slept great for once.

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Boy Jill has more posts on Instagram and YouTube than an episode of Counting On. Her content is about the same level of entertainment too. She has commercials just like TV too! She’s promoting Audrey Roloff’s books as well as 3130 store. 

Counting on: Jill Duggar I don’t need you TLC!

• LOL 7
8 minutes ago, SMama said:

I’m surprised he’s so bold about his plan. JB is going to like him even more now. Maybe part of Derick’s assholery (real term 😊) comes from his perceived mistreatment of Jill. And he is right about that.

I never bought that Derick and Ben were informed before the whole thing blew up. On that last big interview for 19K, Ben looked pissed, and allegedly at that time they knew Volderjoshgate 1 was about to be exposed. And maybe Derick used his surgery as an excuse to not participate.

Derick is a smug jerk with horrible beliefs. But if he sheds light on the abuse JB and Michelle have perpetrated, and Jill finally gets money she worked for, fine by me.

As long as that is what Jill wants.

Jill might be both asked and currently prepared to contribute; which would explain the estrangement.  After all, I don't think it'll be much of a book if she doesn't chime in, Derick is clearly not proposing to write an autobiography of himself, as apart from the Duggars and the death of his father he doesn't really have much to talk about.  A pamphlet exposing the Duggar family?

• Love 6

Is he really planning to write a Duggar family exposé, though, or just some festival of arrogance autobiography at the ripe old age of thirty?

ETA: Queenanne and I simul-posted! But I could see Derick deciding his godliness and work in Nepal would make a book...and I can also see him hinting that the book will have “Duggar secrets” that’ll turn out to be recipes involving canned soup and tater tots.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 9
  • Love 12

The person he responded to said you know there’s some crazy in that family. I doubt Derick is willing to write about the crazy in his family.

Edited by SMama
Because I’m and in are not the same.
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Sorry folks but all this talk about saying Izzy is behind  because he wasn't able to recognize his name on one or two Christmas ornaments is not fair. 

It is fair when both Jill and Dreck brag about how advanced he is in his homeschooling.   I don't think people are shaming the kid but moreso his parents for the lack of education he's getting.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, SMama said:

I’m surprised he’s so bold about his plan. JB is going to like him even more now. Maybe part of Derick’s assholery (real term 😊) comes from his perceived mistreatment of Jill. And he is right about that.

I never bought that Derick and Ben were informed before the whole thing blew up. On that last big interview for 19K, Ben looked pissed, and allegedly at that time they knew Volderjoshgate 1 was about to be exposed. And maybe Derick used his surgery as an excuse to not participate.

Derick is a smug jerk with horrible beliefs. But if he sheds light on the abuse JB and Michelle have perpetrated, and Jill finally gets money she worked for, fine by me.

As long as that is what Jill wants.

Jill has been doing some studying on her own over the last year.  She will occasionally show the book she is reading or podcast she is listening to on her Instagram stories.  These titles all have one overarching theme--becoming a happy adult after an emotionally stunted childhood.  I would not be surprised to find out that she is seeing a liked-minded Christian therapist.  There is no way to know if Jill made this decision or if Derick pushed her into it, but she is trying to help herself which is more than what any of her other adult siblings has done.  I would also never announce to the world that I was in therapy, so Jill may be keeping this on the DL.

I have always thought that Derick was unaware of Josh's real crimes.  As much of an asshole as he is, I have never doubted that he does care for Jill.  His ire seems to be placed on the real culprit--JB and Josh.  

I don't think we will ever know what Jill actually wants.  But, she can easily use Derick as a scapegoat with her family.  Jill may want to have zero contact with her parents or Josh and she can use her "headship" as a reasonable excuse.  This way she can still get together with her other siblings at her house where she can set her own boundaries.  

Edited by Ohiopirate02
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Is he really planning to write a Duggar family exposé, though, or just some festival of arrogance autobiography at the ripe old age of thirty?

Well, there's really no point in my prognosticating this far ahead, but Derick has been to real school, and read/used biographies in term papers, he must know what they're like.  He also must know that he's done next to nothing with his life to date that could fill material; as well as how long standard published books run.  I don't see him wanting to do it as a 30-page essay or something on Patreon for a tip jar either; I think he wants big money.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I don't necessarily have an issue with Israel not being able to recognize his name at 4 1/2, even though they posted a video about 6 months ago showing him reading. Part of the reason kids learn to recognize their names so young is because they're in daycare, preschool, and other children's group activities. Israel doesn't do these and it may not have occurred to Jill to teach him how to write his name since doesn't have to put it on his papers.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't think we will ever know what Jill actually wants.  But, she can easily use Derick as a scapegoat with her family.  Jill may want to have zero contact with her parents or Josh and she can use her "headship" as a reasonable excuse.  This way she can still get together with her other siblings at her house where she can set her own boundaries.  

I agree. I'm sure it's hard for Jill to be distanced from her family, but it may not be the worst thing in the world. It seems like Smuggar and his brood are stapled to the TTH, and that could be a trigger for Jill every time she went over there. Unlike Jessa, I don't think Jill is in as much denial as to how awful Josh's crimes were and how badly Boob and Michelle failed to protect their daughters. 

• Love 18

Even if Jill wanted to downplay the issue, it may be that Derrick actually has enough sensitivity to realize constant contact with her abuser is not healthy. Since JB & Michelle won't limit his access to his victims, Derrick may have decided, as her headship, that she couldn't be around Josh. Or, he may have told her she's free to go over there but she can't take the boys b/c he doesn't want them around Josh. Since she almost always has the boys and Josh seems to be at the TTH all the time, that puts an end to her visits.

• Useful 6
  • Love 15
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. I'm sure it's hard for Jill to be distanced from her family, but it may not be the worst thing in the world. It seems like Smuggar and his brood are stapled to the TTH, and that could be a trigger for Jill every time she went over there. Unlike Jessa, I don't think Jill is in as much denial as to how awful Josh's crimes were and how badly Boob and Michelle failed to protect their daughters. 

I am curious if Jessa might begin to feel a bit differently as a mother to a daughter herself?  I don't see Ben being willing to bury his head in the sand when it comes to something potentially being a risk to his children and he may take a stand in regard to Ivy being around Josh.    

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

I'm torn. On the one hand, I say bring it to a tell all that exposes all of the dirty lies and secrets Jim Bob, Meeechelle, and the sex pest have been hiding. On the other hand, I cannot stand Dillweed and don't want him to see a dime. Plus, if he's dictating this and Jill's not on board, there's really nothing she can do about it, sadly. I can't imagine she'd want to burn all of her bridges with her younger siblings, which I can see happening if a book comes out and her family cuts off all contact. 

• Love 13

When it comes to Izzy, I think Derick and Jill look at it this way:  Before Izzy was born, everything was great.  His birth, in addition to not following the fairy-tale ending storyline, came at about the same time everything started going wrong.  They probably confused correlation with causation at some level and blamed him for everything. 

Sam, on the other hand, is the Josie of the family.  I still think something dramatic went wrong with his birth, and they view him as a "miracle" child.  This doesn't dovetail well with my theory that Jill is now infertile, for whatever reason, but it does explain their behavior.  He's also the "baby", at least for now--and if he is definitely the last, they would definitely favor him.  I wonder, if Jill is indeed infertile, if they blame Izzy for that, since it was his difficult birth that led to the first caesarian and thus (perhaps) to the infertility? 

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

MY e Derrick already has a book deal and has received an advance. That would explain the down payment on their new home.

I don't see Derick getting a six figure advance.  His tell-all won't sell enough copies to justify that.  A six-figure advance means the publisher expects book sales to also be in the six figures.  I know Derick is an idiot, but I don't think he would be that stupid to use his advance as a down payment on the house.  The Dillards home is around $200,000.  A down payment of 20%  of that would be $40,000.  Assuming he has an agent, then his advance would have been $50,000.  He would have used up all of his advance on the house and left no money to pay the mortgage for the next few years.   And then, he is also on the hook if the book does not sell enough copies for him to earn back the advance.  Advances are loans from the publisher based on the projected earnings of the book.  They are meant to be used by the author to cover living expenses while the writer finishes the book or books.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Madtown said:

Ugh! That poor kid. Why do I think that he gets scolded if he doesn't say "yes ma'am, yes sir" when not on camera? I want to steal him and give him a fun loving life!

Then don't have unprotected lotion sex. I hate them...

I keep seeing references to lotion but I’m out of the loop. What’s that about and will I be sorry for asking?

• LOL 6

I skipped through the video. What I noticed is that Teacher Jill missed three learning opportunities with inquisitive Iz. The first one was when he realized his hand was now bigger than his handprint ornament - Jill ignored his question. The second was when he wasn't sure it was his name and Jill could have spelled it together with him. The third time was when Iz asked why the grass wasn't growing - Jill ignored him again.

Izzy is like most kids and very curious. Jill misses these opportunities and then sits him at a table with candy rewards to learn rote work. Poor kid(s).

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I keep seeing references to lotion but I’m out of the loop. What’s that about and will I be sorry for asking?

From a sex advice blog jill wrote:

-Go to bed fresh! It’s easy to just want to shower in the morning to wake ourselves up, but showering in the evening (and sometimes before he gets home if you arrive home before him!), and even putting on fragrant lotion in front of him can be another way to say “I care” and “you’re important to me,” and lets him know you’re up for fun whenever he is.  

It has become a running joke here. Seems like all Jilly does is rub lotion on herself all day waiting for sex from DWreck.

https://www.dillardfamily.com/2019/06/more-than-sex-how-to-love-your-husband/

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

I'm not on board with Derick writing a tell-all about his in-laws. It's not his story to tell. The way the kids were raised and the molestations happened long before Derick arrived on the scene. He wasn't there and he has no business writing a judgemental book about any of it.  That story, or stories, are for a Duggar to write. And more importantly the molestations are for one of the girls who were molested to write and she should only write about herself.

Also Derick (and his mother) knew very much about the Duggar belief system before he ever met Jill and knew more about it as he was courting her, so he did not go in blind. As far as possibly finding out about the molestations after the marriage - so what. Is Jill damaged now? He didn't marry the family, he married Jill.

If Derick is planning on writing a book about the Duggars shady financial dealings, that's not his story to write either. Not his circus, not his monkeys.

If he truly is writing this book, he's given me another reason to think he's an asshole.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

As far as possibly finding out about the molestations after the marriage - so what. Is Jill damaged now? He didn't marry the family, he married Jill.

Jill is not damaged but she definitely did not get the support and counseling she sorely needed. Derick does have a right to be upset. I’m a very independent woman and keep away from my abusers. I also know my husband is furious and would never permit our children around them (and he thinks also me as in protecting me 😊).  

• Love 11
1 minute ago, SMama said:

Jill is not damaged but she definitely did not get the support and counseling she sorely needed. Derick does have a right to be upset. I’m a very independent woman and keep away from my abusers. I also know my husband is furious and would never permit our children around them (and he thinks also me as in protecting me 😊).  

Derick for sure has the right to be upset and keep his children away from Josh- full stop.

The other decisions are Jill's and Jill's alone. If Jill is okay with being around Josh, that's her decision. If Jill doesn't want to be near Josh, that's her decision. If Jill wants to write a story, that's her decision.

And just to clarify, I don't see Jill or anyone who has been abused as damaged goods. That sentence was to emphasize that I don't believe when Derick found out, whether before or after the marriage, should matter.

• Love 6

What's horrifically sad and wrong is, if Jill or anyone else Josh molested was damaged and needed assistance they got no help, no care, no concern -- not even from their own parents!

That's not to say that Jill or anyone else is damaged, rather that they suffered damages.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, SMama said:

Thinking back in the early days when he met Derick, he seemed much lighter, he seemed happy..... I don't know if it was the quick marriage, Izzy's dangerous birth or maybe the whole Josh scandal that seemed to take a light out of his eyes. And lets not forget he had that jaw surgery. His eyes seem to be a bit brighter. Maybe its his thirst for revenge, maybe he is feeling better from the surgery? But I do agree, as much as I don't like him, he has a right to be upset. My husband would be furious and it Derick's shoes would have beat the crap out of Josh and JB. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I don't think Derick tweets the truth. This is familiar behavior from him, tweeting something to get attention during the times that he is on break from school. If he writes a book at all, it will be all about the wonders of Derick and the perfect life he leads. He's a legend in his own mind! He's always vague about criticizing JBoob outright and tends to blame TLC. I think if he ever wrote a book, it would not be a tell-all and would probably be boring. 

that is true. 

• Love 5

What could Derrick possibly say that would be a revelation?   Josh abused his sisters and a friend, and wasn't held responsible, nor did he make restitution.  He's a scumbag, into porn & hookers.

All this & more is public knowledge already. 

The Duggar adults make shady business deals, probably cheat the IRS and have made a family career of lying, grifting and neglecting their children.  They are uneducated, sleazy and lazy.  Jim Bob & Michelle have manipulated and brainwashed all of their children, for all of their lives.

Most importantly, what could Derick prove that would be worth publishing?  

And I just don't think he has the balls.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19

In my country children do not need to learn to read and write until they start school at average age of six and a half. Do US kids really teach it that early?

I mean, our kids do not need to know, but some learn. My son is almost 6, he reads, writes, not only in our language, but also in English. And he will start school next September

I still feel sorry for Izzy and Sam when I see them.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

From a sex advice blog jill wrote:

-Go to bed fresh! It’s easy to just want to shower in the morning to wake ourselves up, but showering in the evening (and sometimes before he gets home if you arrive home before him!), and even putting on fragrant lotion in front of him can be another way to say “I care” and “you’re important to me,” and lets him know you’re up for fun whenever he is.  

It has become a running joke here. Seems like all Jilly does is rub lotion on herself all day waiting for sex from DWreck.

https://www.dillardfamily.com/2019/06/more-than-sex-how-to-love-your-husband/

🤮

• LOL 1