Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Dereck has a foot fetish?

🤮🤮🤮

Jill has posted photos of him giving her a foot massage and polishing her toes on more than one occasion, so we've speculated that he has a thing for feet.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Jill has posted photos of him giving her a foot massage and polishing her toes on more than one occasion, so we've speculated that he has a thing for feet.

Also, in an episode where a bunch of Duggars all went to have pedicures, Derick's face was positively orgasmic during his own pedicure.

• LOL 10
14 minutes ago, louannems said:

Also, in an episode where a bunch of Duggars all went to have pedicures, Derick's face was positively orgasmic during his own pedicure.

Now we know where all the lotion goes. . . . 😖

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 11/29/2019 at 9:31 AM, louannems said:

I didn't get the photo of Derick standing with the leftovers either.  He looked so proud! I guess I'm just happy those plastic containers weren't the serving containers!

Poor Izzy looks so upset in the group picture; I'm hoping he didn't just get a spank.  That's what he looks like to me.

He looks like he either got a spanking or was promised one as soon as the guests left.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

After looking at some of the Friendsgiving photos and other photos of the group of friends they hang out with does anyone think Jill and Derick belong to some sort of fundie recovery support group? Not that they've broken completely away from the fundie church, but that all these  friends (not "sweet friends" which I noted) wear pants, they all seem really young, and something about the self-help books Jill's posted that she's been reading and some of her posts about leaving abusive relationships makes me think that this particular group of friends might all have had some traumatic experiences within the fundie community and for whatever reason need a support group while still being in the safety net of the fundie community. I have no idea if it's true, just a hunch. 

I only say this because the other day I read an article about an Evangelical activist who is very vocal traveling around the country saying that Evangelical churches do not do more to stop abuse and mistreatment of women. And she's working with pastors and fundie communities to stop the conspiracy of silence than can feel like a prison for people who are struggling. 

• Useful 10
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

After looking at some of the Friendsgiving photos and other photos of the group of friends they hang out with does anyone think Jill and Derick belong to some sort of fundie recovery support group? Not that they've broken completely away from the fundie church, but that all these  friends (not "sweet friends" which I noted) wear pants, they all seem really young, and something about the self-help books Jill's posted that she's been reading and some of her posts about leaving abusive relationships makes me think that this particular group of friends might all have had some traumatic experiences within the fundie community and for whatever reason need a support group while still being in the safety net of the fundie community. I have no idea if it's true, just a hunch. 

I only say this because the other day I read an article about an Evangelical activist who is very vocal traveling around the country saying that Evangelical churches do not do more to stop abuse and mistreatment of women. And she's working with pastors and fundie communities to stop the conspiracy of silence than can feel like a prison for people who are struggling. 

You know, you might be on to something. Even if it is not a formal group, I could see people with similar backgrounds still banding together as an informal support group or just bonding over a shared experience. 

I went to a conservative Christian college in the Ozarks, and it was not hard to find people who were still religious to some degree--often quite devoutly--but were still rejecting aspects of their sheltered fundie childhoods. So, yeah, I can totally see her finding a group who may well have also come from sheltered homeschool families, if not exactly IBLP. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

Derelict doesn’t sound too crabby about the interruption, so YAY! They must have done their Dullard Thanksgiving yesterday with Cathy. 

5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I don't care if her aprons are frumpy.  My grandma wore the same kind.  They cover your clothes really well and often have nice pockets to hold stuff.  As long as it serves the purpose, frumpy or not, I'm ok with it.

Maybe this is vintage now, I haven’t seen these aprons in ages.

• Love 9

Jill threw the bib on Sam after the whole thing was done.

And gingerbread houses are okay, but remember kids, Derick wants you all to know, Santa isn't real.

All that said, I too agree that Jill is becoming Fundy-lite.

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I don't get it.  If they are ok with the boys watching the parade and various kid shows on the laptop, why not just get a decent sized tv?  They are so affordable, especially this time of year.

I bet Jill doesn't want one, too much competition for Derick's attention.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

It's nice to see the boys doing something normal!  I think their houses are adorable. And I was surprised Deertick wasn't angry they disturbed him. Which is a good thing. I'm glad they're not afraid to bother him. 

• Love 17

Derick has seemed tons happier recently. He seems much more engaged and less irritated by the kids, and he isn't mocking Jill. I wonder if he's agreed to another baby and is getting more lotion time?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Does Jill not know the difference between "common" and the contraction for "come on"? Because once is say it was auto correct but twice is suspect.

To Jill: "common" =\= "c'mon". 

OMG, I had no clue that's what she meant. That's so sad.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

I want to know if Jill bleached the tub after she thawed her turkey?

I know I would have the heebie jeebies knowing a raw turkey was anywhere near where I bathe.

In the video, it looked like the turkey was sitting in a cooler inside the bathtub.  Doesn't seem any different than thawing it in the sink to me.  I would hope she scrubbed the tub before bathing the kids though.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

In the video, it looked like the turkey was sitting in a cooler inside the bathtub.  Doesn't seem any different than thawing it in the sink to me.  I would hope she scrubbed the tub before bathing the kids though.

But, my bare ass doesn't sit and bathe in a kitchen sink😉. It's just my personal, semi-OCD hang up. Personally, I am not interested in a turkey thawing in my tub, in a cooler or not. I'm bored at work post holiday, so just looking for something to poke at.🤭

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

It's nice to see the boys doing something normal!  I think their houses are adorable. And I was surprised Deertick wasn't angry they disturbed him. Which is a good thing. I'm glad they're not afraid to bother him. 

Where are they going to learn about boundaries?  Jill probably encouraged them to show him right then 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I doubt it. 😏

2 hours ago, dariafan said:

Where are they going to learn about boundaries?  Jill probably encouraged them to show him right then 

Yeah, because gotta grab those photo ops.

Jill's spelling reminds me of many of my students who are extremely low-level readers. They often spell things phonetically. Like they'll say "close" instead of "clothes" because that's how they pronounce it. Or "tryna" instead of "trying to." 

Only difference is my kids live in extreme poverty. But then again I guess it's fair to say that the Duggars kept their kids in extreme poverty -- not materially, but educationally, emotionally and psychologically. So it's not surprising that they exhibit some of the same behaviors (the freeloading, lack of understanding of what to put on social media, horrid grammar) of kids who actually are brought up in extreme poverty.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Fig Newton said:

But, my bare ass doesn't sit and bathe in a kitchen sink😉. It's just my personal, semi-OCD hang up. Personally, I am not interested in a turkey thawing in my tub, in a cooler or not. I'm bored at work post holiday, so just looking for something to poke at.🤭

I'm not sure about thawing turkeys, but kids and adults have become ill after bathing in tubs that weren't scrubbed clean after bathing pet reptiles. I used to bath my babies in the kitchen sink. It was scrubbed clean before and after their baths.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3

Is that where the usual bibs come from, too?  Hopefully Jill has done away with those, at least for Izzy.  

Another cash grab from the placemat place?  I really wonder how much these internet "influencers" make from posting those places.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I really think that Jill got that spelling from Derelict. I think it's an OSU thing.

No way. He's dumb, but in a different way then Jill. Those boys are domed (doomed) without a real education.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11