Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I think it's easy to forget that it wasn't just JB&M who were telling the Duggarlings that their parenting was the best way to raise children. Michelle was given a prize for being MOTY, they were invited onto national TV shows with a wide reach (like Good Morning America) and they've been doing speaking tours for more than a decade now. Not to mention the obvious one which is that they were rewarded with a national TV show as a platform to show off their superior skills in childrearing and by exension, they got a house, international travel and a comfortable lifestyle without having to work. In the mind of the Duggar offspring, this external validation would reinforce the idea that JB&M were so amazing at parenting that the entire country wanted to know about it. After all, it's not just their immediate circle who thinks they are fantastic. Hell, even Joshgate wasn't enough for JB&M to lose speaking gigs and now they're back on TV. 

So any questions they had about how they were raised would be going against what they've been told from hundreds of people and continue to hear on social media. All these thousands of people who admire JB&M couldn't be wrong! Not to mention any criticism of their parenting is ignored as the ultimate enemy, 'Christian persecution'. 

It's not exactly a surprise that the next generation is by and large following the formula and mimicking the greatest parents ever. Just another way that JB&M and TLC have screwed them over. 

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I don’t think she notices much about...well, anything...let alone how other people treat their kids. After all, she was raised by the bestest parents ever.

After growing up in a family with 19 kids, what could any other family possibly know better than her experience?  Surely if it's different it's wrong and sinful. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Madtown said:

Sam's face:

"Look bitch, someday I'm going to run far from your shit food and even worse parenting. Till then, I'm will continue writing my secret journal, which will be put in the best tell all book ever written."

Sadly his moms homeschooling will leave him illiterate. Seriously I doubt the boys will be above fifth grade level.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Why not say #blessedwife?  Wifey makes me cringe.

I worked with an otherwise nice man who referred to his spouse as "the wife."  I hate that, too.

Why oh, why does she need to keep telling us how happy she is and how much she loves her "little" family?  Of course the answer is obvious - she's trying to convince herself.  I can stand to see the kids, but I wish she could spare us the pics of her monkey man.

ETA - Those are some massively baggy jeans.  Looks like enough room for the entire family.

Edited by Suzn
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12
On 11/24/2019 at 9:38 PM, Barb23 said:

Where are the plastic bibs?

Speaking of... I used an IG pic of Izzy wearing the bib to strongly suggest to Jill that he is too old to be wearing one.  A few of the leghumpers ripped me a new one.  Those Duggar fans can be vicious.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I just noticed Israel teeth. Tom Cruise teeth and a black tooth. Poor kid.

I think Jill posted something about his teeth several weeks ago. I can't remember the details. I think they may have been discolored by side effects of medication and also possibly one got damaged when he fell or something. They are his baby teeth so hopefully the permanent teeth will be okay, at least in terms of color.

• Love 6

These are some of the best photos we've ever seen of Derick. He appears to be relaxed and happy and he's actually engaging with Izzy.

I don't believe for one minute that these are his default settings, or that he's anywhere in the neighborhood of "best hubby ever," but Jill did a much better job of presenting her family here than she normally does.

• Love 20
21 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

These are some of the best photos we've ever seen of Derick. He appears to be relaxed and happy and he's actually engaging with Izzy.

I don't believe for one minute that these are his default settings, or that he's anywhere in the neighborhood of "best hubby ever," but Jill did a much better job of presenting her family here than she normally does.

Maybe she's been reading criticisms of how she and Derick seem to favor Sam over Izzy. I hope Izzy is getting some real attention and not just staged stuff. 

12 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I think Jill posted something about his teeth several weeks ago. I can't remember the details. I think they may have been discolored by side effects of medication and also possibly one got damaged when he fell or something. They are his baby teeth so hopefully the permanent teeth will be okay, at least in terms of color.

I wonder what kind of medication was Izzy taking that might have discolored his teeth. My kids have discoloration from getting too much fluoride as babies (long story). The permanent teeth were affected by something that happened and ended long before they even had a full mouth of baby teeth. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
Just now, crazycatlady58 said:

Yes my teeth are discolored because of Tetracycline.

Tetracycline does cause discoloration of teeth, but it would be all of them, not just one.  When there is a single discolored tooth, it's usually because of an injury which causes bleeding inside the tooth causing bluish discoloration which eventually turns brownish.  It can also signal damage to the root of the tooth, even that the root has died.

I think Jill said Israel got hit in the mouth with a toy or something causing the discoloration.  Some sort of trauma anyway.

• Useful 5
  • Love 8

After watching this video, we better hope and pray that Derick never lands himself in jail.  Muffin has the 'baby girl' act down pat without the jail aspect.  I'm pretty sure we've heard all of those phrases spouted by her at one point in the past six years.

This woman's 'husband' (they are not legally married) is serving an outrageous 213 year sentence in federal prison.  If you hear her refer to Adam, that's him.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I agree. Couldn’t find anything to snark on here. WTG Dillwads!

jill said “he fell or something” re: his teeth. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I think Jill said Israel got hit in the mouth with a toy or something causing the discoloration.  Some sort of trauma anyway.

11 hours ago, awaken said:

jill said “he fell or something” re: his teeth. 

Thanks for the clarification. I probably hallucinated the bit about his teeth being stained from medication but at least I got the bit about trauma to a tooth correct. Batting .500. 😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Is there a reason she needs to cook her turkey overnight?  How many hours is she gonna let that thing cook?? 

I've heard of people doing that, I think you put the oven on a super low temp, like 200. Personally I'm too paranoid to go to bed with an oven running all night, so it's not something I've tried.

• Love 16
27 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I've heard of people doing that, I think you put the oven on a super low temp, like 200. Personally I'm too paranoid to go to bed with an oven running all night, so it's not something I've tried.

Yes it is a method some people use, but I’m also too paranoid and the lack of control, I haven’t ever tried it. Also if it’s done in the morning it will need to be reheated, which I’m not a fan of doing. Considering Jill isn’t the most skilled of cooks, I hope she did her research on how to properly use this method. And yes that turkey is enormous if it’s just the 4 of them. I like left over turkey, but only for a day or two.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

Is there a reason she needs to cook her turkey overnight?  How many hours is she gonna let that thing cook??

I wondered the same thing.

25 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Sounds like an excellent incubator for salmonella, but my life hasn’t been the same since I took microbiology class....

Me, too! I remember coming home from microbiology and cleaning my fridge. No way I am leaving a protein to grow bacteria overnight at 200 degrees.

• Love 6
Just now, jcbrown said:

I wondered the same thing.

Me, too! I remember coming home from microbiology and cleaning my fridge. No way I am leaving a protein to grow bacteria overnight at 200 degrees.

Every year, on cooking shows and even TV PSA, food professionals implore people to NOT cook the turkey slow and long, overnight.  It's not safe!  But I know people who still do it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

It sure looks like Izzy and Derick are watching a TV. They're not really staring at a Thanksgiving Day parade on a laptop from that distance, are they? Do the Dullards have a magic TV that appears when Derick wants to watch sports? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 8

Did she tag her MLM sweet friend in that post? I wonder if they're having Thanksgiving together or she was providing cooking assistance? 

In any event, I'd nope out of that Turkey, partially because, well, it's Jill but also because I would also be nervous about it cooking on low overnight. I worked for a semester in the cafeteria in college for work-study and after sitting through the mandatory food safety lectures there, it made me paranoid about anything food safety related. 

• Love 12
45 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

It sure looks like Izzy and Derick are watching a TV. They're not really staring at a Thanksgiving Day parade on a laptop from that distance, are they? Do the Dullards have a magic TV that appears when Derick wants to watch sports? 

Nope, in one of the pictures you can see the laptop with the parade! It is so bizarre. It’s like the TV I had in college back in medieval times, a 9 inch portable black and white, lol.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3