Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Hey, wait a minute here, Jill. I thought one of the Official Duggar Family Courting rules was that no one is allowed to say "I love you" until AFTER the engagement ring has been accepted. Evidently, Jim Bob was 'asleep on the job'.

Jill was born to a mom who mowed the lawn in a bikini. Those promiscuous genes must run deep. 

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I cannot suffer with @Sew Sumi alone:

6 Years Ago Today…

Nov 22, 2019 | Family Blog | 1 

By Jill

6 years ago today I was halfway across the world in Nepal when our love story officially began!! 

Derick and I had been talking over Skype and texting since August 2013, but hadn’t officially met until my dad and I flew to Nepal in November with the TLC film crew tagging along to capture our first meeting. After nearly one week in Nepal, he popped the question and asked me to be his girlfriend, or in Duggar terms…he asked if I’d like to begin an official “courtship” with him…and of course I was thrilled to say yes! 

Today, I’m so grateful to be married to my best friend, Derick Michael Dillard! Life isn’t perfect, but there’s nobody I’d rather be walking this journey hand-in-hand with than him! 

Fun Facts:

1. Tea is a big part of Nepali and Tibetan culture, so Derick drank a lot of it during his two years in Nepal. However, before our relationship began, I didn’t have a hankering for tea (or coffee), but as our relationship developed and I came back home after the trip, it kinda became a sentimental drink…and of course now caffeine general helps me stay alive while chasing the kiddos around. haha 

2. This didn’t make it on camera, but Derick first said “I Love You” the night after we were officially boyfriend and girlfriend (other than that one time over the phone I think he slipped and caught himself saying it, lol.). He had picked up some fried rice from a street vender for a late dinner and brought it to the room my dad and I were in and we stayed up talking for awhile. As he left that evening (our chaperone may have fallen asleep haha) he said, “I love you”…and of course I followed up with “I love you too!” 

3. The previous fun fact sheds light on this fun fact for those of you who followed our story back then…Did you know that after Derick asked to court me, we didn’t actually leave Nepal right away?! (shh!) The film crew departed, but my dad and I actually stayed for another week (total trip was 2 weeks) and I got to be there over Thanksgiving (thanks Scott  ). Because of the way everything worked out, I ended up being even more surprised (pleasantly of course  ) when Derick asked me at the “end” (5th day) of our trip to be his girlfriend, then it was super special to have the next week to connect even more without cameras!

What dates are special to you from your love story and do you do anything fun to remember them and keep the spark alive? 

It seems to me like the people who constantly say that things aren't "perfect" on social media are those with deep problems, who are trying to justify their life choices to themselves. I can't think of many times I've heard a totally happy person say that. People in happy relationships see life being imperfect as a given, and don't feel the need to say it. 

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

LSU is playing Arkansas today. Maybe we’ll get a Duggar sighting here. 

Go Tigers!

If the Duggars have any sense--and I know they don't but still--they won't make an appearance for what is sure to be a miserable ass-kicking. 

This is the meme floating around Arkansas Facebook pages while we search for a new coach. 😉

20191116_183626.jpg

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video. What are we making? Are you having fun? Sam’s over there eating yogurt. 

Riveting stuff!

6026E310-8A31-4DAA-B312-5E7FFE8FDB73.jpeg

That's a nice picture of Izzy. I'm glad to see him get some camera time, if there must be camera time, which I guess there must. 

• Love 2

Why don’t they just get a TV. They look ridiculous huddled around a laptop, especially watching football. The kids seem to be wandering around aimlessly, ignored by their parents. Just get a TV! I know Derelict supposedly told Jill that most Millennials don’t have a TV, but all the ones I know who have a house do! 

• Love 16
54 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Why don’t they just get a TV. They look ridiculous huddled around a laptop, especially watching football. The kids seem to be wandering around aimlessly, ignored by their parents. Just get a TV! I know Derelict supposedly told Jill that most Millennials don’t have a TV, but all the ones I know who have a house do! 

I thought they do have a TV? Or was that in their summer rental? My kids are Millennials and one just bought a 75 inch TV!!!

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

You know, the fact that Jill is using the terms "girlfriend/boyfriend" is kind of a big deal. The Duggars very specifically don't use these terms and have explained to us over and over and over again why they don't.

It was Jill who put quotes around the word "court." There's no reason for that if the term is a normal part of her vocabulary -- the quotes suggest that she knows that it's a ridiculous term that isn't used by anyone else in 2019.

Jill's not as attractive as her sisters, and her children aren't as cute as their cousins. Jill is a mediocre mother, a horrible housekeeper, and a failed "influencer," but she's arguably the only one of the Gen2 Duggars who has "broken away" at all from the TTH. People keep expressing hope, and looking for signs that the others might be breaking away to some small degree, but it's only Jill who actually has done so.

I think Jill has definitely broken away more overtly from what she was taught than the others, though probably more by circumstance than inclination. I don't think Jill is a rebel by nature, and I know she was supposed to be one of Jim Bob's favorites, so I imagine there's a fair amount or conflicted feelings there. Still, I've been quite interested in the significance of the books she was reading earlier this year. I do wonder if she is, at the very least, pissed off at her parents in some way that she wouldn't have been even a couple of years ago.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Puts me in mind of an old Girl Scout song:

Granny's in the cellar
oh lordy cant ya smell her
cooking biscuits on that darn old greasy stove
in her eye there is some matter that keeps dripping in the batter
and she whistles while the (sniff) goes down her nose

Edited by BetyBee
Sometimes copy/paste from the internet is nearly unreadable!
  • LOL 6

I’ve been listening to the podcast The Happiness Lab. Jill posted something about listening to it, too. The episode I just finished was about how taking pictures for the purpose of sharing them actually decreases happiness (takes you out of the moment). Given her prolific posting of asinine things, I don’t think she made it to that episode.

• LOL 5
  • Love 16

I just can't with that one. HOW can anyone be this clueless? She continues to put her children into harm's way just to amuse herself. Both Dreck and her laugh and scorn at them.

I am repeating myself but just how do you manage to raise such inept human beings? No Duggar girl has any clue about basic housekeeping, childrearing or anything else.

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

I just can't with that one. HOW can anyone be this clueless? She continues to put her children into harm's way just to amuse herself. Both Dreck and her laugh and scorn at them.

I am repeating myself but just how do you manage to raise such inept human beings? No Duggar girl has any clue about basic housekeeping, childrearing or anything else.

That’s because their mother was too checked out to teach them.  Those kids raised themselves.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

That’s because their mother was too checked out to teach them.  Those kids raised themselves.

And I am sure whatever they did they were told "Yes dear you did that great."  and with nothing to compare their life to they do think they are doing a wonderful job raising their children. It seems they are doing small things better than the parents so they feel they are doing a super duper job with the kids.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Once again I’ll skip the recipe. “Poor Man’s Pizza”, today.

28AF43DB-735D-4D30-B689-D52D67143E32.jpeg

She has posted that before. Some abomination involving white bread with spaghetti sauce and cheese melted on top, as I recall.

• LOL 2
3 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

She has posted that before. Some abomination involving white bread with spaghetti sauce and cheese melted on top, as I recall.

They added olives this time. Yay?

0741B955-BDB5-412C-8316-8623AE5534A3.jpeg

A537E34C-91C2-461E-9897-86CB13B1FBB2.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

I do this but with french bread and its 100% totally lit. 

This just looks....like college kids who have 6 things in their fridge, no money and 5 essays due. 

but I relate to the Dillard kids, as i too am always starving when i wake up from a nap. 

And smoked a joint. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

I've made french bread pizza and it's good. Also tortilla pizza is good. 

Sandwich bread pizza looks gross.

And slice the damn olives Jill! It takes 2 seconds. At the very least, slice them in half once. Hell, give Israel a butter knife and let him "help" by slicing the olives. Or buy a can of sliced olives, they do exist.  

Edited by christine falls
  • Love 11

I really don’t understand Jill’s Instagram stories. Last night was in the dark, I guess they had a fire outside? Then there’s the posts of Christian music, why? Then there’s the bad food, complete with recipe. She posts more than anyone else I follow. It really is like she is reliving her childhood of constant filming. But no editing.

• Love 8
Just now, dariafan said:

I wonder how Jill handles seeing her new friends treat their children like they are the center of their parents universe ?

I wonder about this too.

Jill and Derrick have posted pics of their small group from church. Most seem their age, so I assume some have kids. do they never talk about their kids??

It seems there would be conversation at least of whatever kid, is in whatever stage, is driving us crazy.

for example my grandsons are in the "won't eat something they loved yesterday" season of life right now.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, dariafan said:

I wonder how Jill handles seeing her new friends treat their children like they are the center of their parents universe ?

I don’t think she notices much about...well, anything...let alone how other people treat their kids. After all, she was raised by the bestest parents ever.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6