Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Hell, it's just the old man and me at home now, but we still get incredibly excited any time we get a snow day.  Netflix and chill, baby! Comfort food!  And of course sexy lotion time--gotta be sure to mention that because it's all important for each of you to know that we have hot hot Christian sex all the time, people, all the time!!!  😆

On the U of A Law School ad, for a split second I thought the guy in the upper right-hand corner was Wyatt Cenac.

Edited by Portia
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
55 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

It tells me that she's screaming out for some time without her kids, and also that Dreck is the only available person she has to talk to on a daily basis.  It's pathetically sad that she can't call up her mom or one of her sisters to talk, or make play dates, or drop the kids off at a church-run nursery school or daycare and do something to recharge her batteries. 

Plus, those kids would probably be so freaking happy to go somewhere else and play with new toys and make new friends.  She's not doing them any favors by keeping them landlocked in her house every day.

I've been wondering if she talks to Jessa much? I would think it would be a good playdate to have Izzy and Sam at least play with their cousins. It amazes me that none of these Duggar's with kids has put them in a Christian pre-school of sorts. I can't imagine that they all thought being at home constantly with their umpteen siblings was the best upbringing ever and want that for their kids.

I understand that they don't know any better, but still. Jill just seems to need constant companionship of some sorts and isn't handling the SAHM thing all that well. I also believe that she is the last person that should be homeschooling her kids..

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Lukeysboat said:

Netflix and chill *is* sexy time by definition!

Haha, right you are.  But I want to make really sure I emphasize how very, very sexy my marriage is.  Y'all have no idea.

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, lulu69 said:

I used to think Jill was just run of the mill Duggar stupid but seriously, there must be something cognitively remiss with her. The lights are on but no one's home.

I would feel sorry for Dreck having to deal with Jill day in and day out if he wasn't such an arrogant hateful little dickwad.

She has the emotional/mental maturity of a 10-year-old, and I think her IQ is average at best.  She’s nowhere near mature enough to be a wife and mother IMO.  

• Love 14
14 hours ago, awaken said:

I actually thought the person in the top row center was our Punchable Aunt Cade! 

Well, she did post herself popping blackheads so I wouldn’t put it past her. 

Wait...what?!  Popping blackheads?? 🤢

• LOL 2
31 minutes ago, wilsie said:

I think Jill looks pretty and natural in that picture, not because of the make-up but her face doesn't look so posed.   Her friend looks kind of scary with the exaggerated smile. 

Malefecent anyone? Angelina smiled scary in the movie.

• LOL 6
32 minutes ago, wilsie said:

I think Jill looks pretty and natural in that picture, not because of the make-up but her face doesn't look so posed.   Her friend looks kind of scary with the exaggerated smile. 

Her friend is frightening!! I literally recoiled from that photo. Jill actually looks like the epitome of normal (if such a thing can even exist!) in comparison.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Her friend is frightening!! I literally recoiled from that photo. Jill actually looks like the epitome of normal (if such a thing can even exist!) in comparison.

Is. She. Holding. A. Tampon. ?????

(and obviously Jill isn't using the eyelash stuff....)

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

No shit!  That is one weird looking woman.  The smile is a nightmare but she has crazy eyes, too.  I can imagine her with that expression wielding an axe.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2

Soup recipe:

Minestrone Soup

Nov 12, 2019 | Recipes | 1 

When it was sleeting and snowing last night and dropping from 70 degree weather the day before to 12 degrees the next day, that called for some of this soup to warm our bellies! I made varieties of this soup growing up, just substituting for different vegetables we had on hand and usually paired it with our favorite homemade whole wheat bread. I didn’t have all the ingredients for the bread last night, so I made some of our other favorite fancy cornbread! The boys ate everything really well too and we might have just enough leftovers for one more good meal!

Makes about 4 quarts

3 T. olive oil

1 onion, medium or large, diced

2 T. garlic, minced

2 cans diced tomatoes (15 oz.)

1 can tomato sauce (15 oz.)

4 cans beans (15 oz.)…I used 2 black, 1 pinto & 1 red kidney

1 can green beans (15 oz.), drained

1 can sliced potatoes (15 oz.), drained

2 T. apple cider vinegar

2 T. basil

2 T. oregano

2 T. thyme

2 T. parsley 

1 T. garlic powder

1 T. onion powder

salt and pepper to taste

1 C. water

1 C. pasta, uncooked (I used bowtie pasta because that’s what I had on hand)

Add olive oil, onion and garlic to pot. Sauté over medium heat until onion is translucent (about 10 min.). Add everything except pasta. Cover and turn up to medium high heat and bring to a boil. Add pasta & reduce heat to medium low heat, stirring frequently until pasta is cooked (10-20 min. depending on pasta). Enjoy! 

083C2E5C-80EC-4270-BAC2-DA694FCFF89A.jpeg

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, estellasmum said:

This looks like one of her best recipes (I'll even not use quotes around the word) yet, but two things: 

1) I did not know potatoes came in a can.

2) I cup water for the soup is all? Big fat nope on that one.

Yeah, I was with her until the can of potatoes. Really? Just cut up a potato!

How is 1 cup of water enough, especially with a cup of pasta? It looks like she doesn’t drain and rinse the beans, so that adds some liquid but not a ton. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

You get quite a bit of liquid from all the canned goods she is using

I was surprised she said to drain the potatoes and green beans. I’d rather not and rinse the other beans instead. Her picture does look like it has sufficient liquid though. 

• Love 5

Well, I suppose now is the time I sheepishly confess to using the Rodan + Fields Lash Boost like a crack addict. It really works on my thin/sparse lashes which (humblebrag) are now long enough that I rarely use mascara, but whenever I do people ask if my lashes are real. Downside - if you stop using it (or any other lash blaster like Latisse), your lashes go back to their original form within a short few months. I'm surprised Jill is trying her hand at selling this line - she's never struck me as one who put much thought into skincare or the like.  Although what do I know, aside from this lash nonsense, I'm a "slap some Curel lotion on my face and call it a day" kind of skincare gal.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

You get quite a bit of liquid from all the canned goods she is using.

Possibly, but I still think I'd ditch some of the can liquid and make up the difference with water and some natural stock...either meat/bone or veggie...It also seems a bit high on the beans for a minestrone. I love me a bean soup, but if you are going to call it minestrone there needs to be more of a balance,

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Soup recipe:

Minestrone Soup

Nov 12, 2019 | Recipes | 1 

When it was sleeting and snowing last night and dropping from 70 degree weather the day before to 12 degrees the next day, that called for some of this soup to warm our bellies! I made varieties of this soup growing up, just substituting for different vegetables we had on hand and usually paired it with our favorite homemade whole wheat bread. I didn’t have all the ingredients for the bread last night, so I made some of our other favorite fancy cornbread! The boys ate everything really well too and we might have just enough leftovers for one more good meal!

Makes about 4 quarts

3 T. olive oil

1 onion, medium or large, diced

2 T. garlic, minced

2 cans diced tomatoes (15 oz.)

1 can tomato sauce (15 oz.)

4 cans beans (15 oz.)…I used 2 black, 1 pinto & 1 red kidney

1 can green beans (15 oz.), drained

1 can sliced potatoes (15 oz.), drained

2 T. apple cider vinegar

2 T. basil

2 T. oregano

2 T. thyme

2 T. parsley 

1 T. garlic powder

1 T. onion powder

salt and pepper to taste

1 C. water

1 C. pasta, uncooked (I used bowtie pasta because that’s what I had on hand)

Add olive oil, onion and garlic to pot. Sauté over medium heat until onion is translucent (about 10 min.). Add everything except pasta. Cover and turn up to medium high heat and bring to a boil. Add pasta & reduce heat to medium low heat, stirring frequently until pasta is cooked (10-20 min. depending on pasta). Enjoy! 

083C2E5C-80EC-4270-BAC2-DA694FCFF89A.jpeg

Canned potatoes? (rocks slowly in a corner) First, potatoes do not belong in a can. Second, potatoes do not belong in minestrone! And why are you using garlic and garlic powder and onion and onion powder? I agree, it looks like her best recipe but that is such a very very low bar.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9

Canned potatoes are a thing, and my family has used them for different recipes.  They are peeled baby potatoes that can easily be added to a soup or used to make the ENC staple boiled potatoes.  Out of all the egregious recipes Jill has posted, this is not one of them.  I also make soup by opening a bunch of different canned vegetables and dumping them into the pot.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
On 11/12/2019 at 7:40 AM, laurakaye said:

Plus, those kids would probably be so freaking happy to go somewhere else and play with new toys and make new friends.  She's not doing them any favors by keeping them landlocked in her house every day.

But then they will be with people who are not like them and they might be subjected to worldly things and ungodly things and we can't have that happen can we?

Edited by Rabbittron
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Canned potatoes are a thing, and my family has used them for different recipes.  They are peeled baby potatoes that can easily be added to a soup or used to make the ENC staple boiled potatoes.  Out of all the egregious recipes Jill has posted, this is not one of them.  I also make soup by opening a bunch of different canned vegetables and dumping them into the pot.  

I use them as well. I make a lazy man's version of chicken pot pie and throw canned potatoes into the mix. Sometimes it's just easier when you don't feel like chopping and boiling.

• Love 17

The minestrone soup is the first thing Jill has made that actually looks good!  I would have started with a base of chopped onions, celery and carrots and used veggie broth to deepen the flavor, but her version is edible for a change.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Suzn said:

The minestrone soup is the first thing Jill has made that actually looks good!  I would have started with a base of chopped onions, celery and carrots and used veggie broth to deepen the flavor, but her version is edible for a change.

Edible, yes. But loaded with sodium. My fingers swelled just reading the recipe!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Edible, yes. But loaded with sodium. My fingers swelled just reading the recipe!

I usually look for no salt added or no salt versions of canned beans or tomatoes. For veg, I would use frozen. I make a crockpot jambalaya with beef broth, canned tomatoes, tomato paste and seasonings. I try to get the lowest or no salt on all of them (though no salt broth is gross). Even the cajun seasonings I buy are no salt. Then I add my low sodium salt to taste before serving. 

When I make chili, I always rinse the beans regardless. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 10

Interesting. It sounds like Derick is planning on suing TLC and/or JimBob for back wages.

His version of why the Dillards are no longer on TLC may just be true. If he and TLC parted company because they wouldn't renegotiate a separate contract for him, he may have felt more comfortable posting his hateful views about transgender kids. TLC had kept quiet because they were hoping JimBob could pressure him/Jill to stay, but after the public outcry against Derick, they formally cut ties with him.

Edited by Nysha
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

But how could that possibly work?  JB can negotiate all he wants and I am sure he claimed he represented everyone; but, anyone over 18 is not an indentured servant and would have to have a signed contract to appear on the show.  There have certainly been other cases where a group of performers banded together to negotiate as one (the Friends' cast did it and cashed in big time), but no way Derick and Jill could've been required to perform on the series without contracts signed by them.  I suppose what really happened is that JB created some sort of Duggar Enterprises that negotiated for all of them back when the kids were all minors and has used that to funnel the money; but, by the time Derick and Jill left the show, they were well into their majority and it was actually an entirely different show than the original series.  If Derick and Jill signed away their rights to negotiate for their own show to JB, then it is hardly TLC's fault that they expected that the family approved.

What case could Derick actually have against TLC?  If anything, their only option for justice would be to sue JB since it appears Derick is saying that he's the one that somehow tricked them.

This is what I have been thinking. As much as I relish the idea of a smackdown between Derick and JB, nothing Derick has claimed makes sense from a contractual standpoint. Like a couple of weeks ago when he was saying TLC was mad about their missionary work, as if it violated his TLC contract. Dude wouldn't have been on multiple seasons of the show in Danger America if it had violated his contract. If there were contracts where JB gets all the money and Derick was dumb enough to sign it, that's Derick's problem, even if it is unfair. 

1 minute ago, PoshSprinkles said:

It could have been a case of everyone over 18 (i.e. they couples) saying they would "volunteer" and not get any money for appearing, but JB going behind their backs and getting a paid contract that excluded them. 

Why would TLC agree to that, though? If everyone who is on the show is dumb enough to agree to appear without getting money, why would the channel then agree to pay the guy who's not supposed to be on the show? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 12