Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Exactly. All of these delivery jobs (groceries and food) are all about the tips. Without them, contractors make almost nothing.

They waive the actual delivery charge, but drivers never get any of that anyway. If the customer chooses not to tip, they make almost nothing.

My husband occasionally delivered pizzas for the place he worked at(gas station chain in the mid west, if you are from around here you know who it is) and he said he rarely got tips because a lot of people consider the delivery charge the tip.

I work retail(grocery chain in the mid west, again if you are from here, you'll know) and I'm not allowed to accept tips.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Poor Jill.  She feeds her kids gummy bears and cream of crap and we say she's a horrible mom who doesn't ever give her kids fresh food.  Then she buys out the banana store and we complain that she's wasteful and no one could eat that many bananas.  I grew up in a family of five and we could eat those in three days.  Love bananas.  Rock on, Jill!  No one ever died from eating bananas.  I think. Please don't put them in one of your recipes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

My husband occasionally delivered pizzas for the place he worked at(gas station chain in the mid west, if you are from around here you know who it is) and he said he rarely got tips because a lot of people consider the delivery charge the tip.

I work retail(grocery chain in the mid west, again if you are from here, you'll know) and I'm not allowed to accept tips.

@galaxygirl76, is it the one with taco pizza?

It would not surprise me if they are bad tippers, but don’t see the hypocrisy when Derick works for tips. 

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

... what’s so funny about laundry?

nothing funny about laundry. But Jill can't frame a pic to save her life and knows people will comment on the laundry is my guess

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

Poor Jill.  She feeds her kids gummy bears and cream of crap and we say she's a horrible mom who doesn't ever give her kids fresh food.  Then she buys out the banana store and we complain that she's wasteful and no one could eat that many bananas. 

I mean, she can be both.

Just as she is both overbearingly abusive, and neglecting.

• Love 14

I can confirm that when I did grocery delivery, if I didn’t get tipped it wasn’t great pay, especially if it was a ways from the store. For me you got $5 + 7.5% of the order amount so on a $100 order you’d get $5+$7.50 for $12.50. But orders were usually much less than $100, usually around $50-$75 so it would be about $10 roughly. I had to pass on smaller orders that were like 20 miles out because of I factored in the cost of gas, I was loosing money. Tips and doing two orders within the same hour made it more worth it. Tips were hit or miss. Part of it they were advertising to hire drivers stating $25/per hour, which was possible, but more the exception than the rule. And because of that people who ordered assumed that was what we were actually making. And it never failed to surprise me that I’d deliver to a house where they were obviously very wealthy and no tip, but I’d deliver to an elderly lady who lived in a very poor part of town and shed happily hand me $10. Hopefully DDD stint as a GrubHub driver has made them appreciate how hard people work doing those jobs and how reliant they are on tips to make worthwhile. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

What about Grub Hub? If Derick's job is one in which tips are important to his overall earnings, I'd think that tipping might begin to seem like a good idea to them.

Sorry (I didn't make my statement clear). I meant speficially people employed by a grocery store (which would probably make them union). Other than Walmart of course. I'm sure other delivery companies aren't union like grocery stores. 

21 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I use Door Dash for food delivery & the tip is automatically added to your bill.  I can choose  10, 15 or 20% or fill in an actual amount. Hopefully all of that goes to the "Dasher".  Not sure how Grub Hub works. 

GrubHub is the same. You can also choose to tip in cash if you want to be absolutely sure the money is going straight into the driver’s pocket.

• Love 1
On 10/27/2019 at 7:33 PM, Sew Sumi said:

The video was very disturbing. Laughing at your crying child goes beyond the pale. 😕

I thought it was bad and I am not a mom.  I just really don't like someone being made fun of while in pain either physically or otherwise.  BUT I did see several posts in FreeJinger defending them.  Those aren't my people.

• Love 7
On 10/29/2019 at 1:39 PM, galaxygirl76 said:

I know! I know! *waves to poster I didn't know was from the same area as me* 

If the boys are sick, it could be that she has them on a BRATT (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, tea) type diet and therefore they are eating more bananas than usual. 

• Love 7

Peeks head out of embarrassing blanket: 

Other than seeing my kids suffer, which was (still is) awful, sometimes when my kids were sick it felt like a break. They would nap, want plenty of snuggles and were entertained by the TV.

Vomiting and diarrhea was not so much of a break though.

• LOL 3
  • Love 21
9 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill is survivor day 3 with sick kids. Some friend gave her a homemade pumpkin coffee. 

Why cant Michelle send her Jana for a while?

Yeah, that was her MLM pal, Rachel, who brought the pumpkin coffee. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

You know, I don't want to jump the gun here, but Jill might actually have a friend -- not a "sweet friend" but an actual friend.

I looked at her insta. Shes the RF rep. Jill's her sweet friend downline.

Adding: Jill, this is nor your friend. She is using you just like you use other people, as a source for grift. Couldn't happen to a nicer gal. I hope your boys feel better. I hope you treat them better. Put the money towards their schooling, not RF face products.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 11
32 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

You know, I don't want to jump the gun here, but Jill might actually have a friend -- not a "sweet friend" but an actual friend. In some ways that could be an even bigger deal than wearing pants, or piercing her nose, or going to an actual church, or anything else that any of the others have done to date.

I hope so   I’m just afraid even if she is a real friend, Jill or Derelict are gonna do something to wreck it 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I looked at her insta. Shes the RF rep. Jill's her sweet friend downline.

Adding: Jill, this is nor your friend. She is using you just like you use other people, as a source for grift. Couldn't happen to a nicer gal. I hope your boys feel better. I hope you treat them better. Put the money towards their schooling, not RF face products.

That's a shame. In some ways it's poetic justice for these grifters to get grifted, but still a shame.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill is survivor day 3 with sick kids. Some friend gave her a homemade pumpkin coffee. 

Why cant Michelle send her Jana for a while?

Jana works for J'chelle.

J'chelle is MOTY and has 19 CHILDREN!!!! She deserves to rest on her laurels and it's Jana's responsibility as an obedient SAHD to serve her. Jill has only 2 CHILDREN!!!!! How could she possibly deserve any help? Who would fetch J'chelle's coffee? Who would clean her house? Who would care for her children?

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Isn't Jana still traveling? Or maybe she just got home and is putting the TTH in order? Or maybe Jana herself thinks Jill should be able to handle it on her own and doesn't need help?

There are at least a dozen good reasons why Jana shouldn't have to run over to help Jill anytime things get a little tricky. 

Editing to add: She also could be staying with Joe and Kendra to babysit Garrett during the birth. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
25 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Maybe because I grew up with a mom who sold Tupperware (now considered one of those dangerous MLM) and did well for herself, but I do not see anything sinister in this Rachel's motivations with Jill.  Yes, she does sell Rodan and Fields but she can also actually be Jill's friend.  Those two are not mutually exclusive.  She is probably another SAHM who works this business while raising her kids and her housekeeping.  I have multiple friends who sell something on the side, and they have never pressured me to buy any product or join their business.  Time will tell if this Rachel is trying to use Jill to further her business.  I am not willing to immediately paint her as a bad actor just because of her side job.  

Agreed! I know some SAHMs who sell MLMs. I think MLMs are stupid and would not at all want to be around those women if they pressured me about it, but they don't. 

I think it is possible the friend just sees Jill as a potential meal ticket, but I think it is also quite possible she really is a friend who happens to have an MLM side business. Time will tell! 

• Love 7

R & F consultant gigs are NOT your mother's Avon or Tupperware of the 70's and 80's. 

You have to purchase at least the basic materials, set up & pay for a website, you have to GO to people and be an actual authoritative expert in what you're selling. No matter what the promo materials say, it's hundreds up front to get going and a lot of time NOT being a stage-5 clinger to your loser husband and sickly kids. 

Can anybody imagine Jill even trying to pronounce some of the chemical components of those cleansers & creams?  Seriously, y'all! 

The number of followers Jill has across social media is meaningless when you look at the quality of these individuals, how far they live from her and how much disposable income they can spend on luxury skin care.  Most of them are useless to her as a stream of income. 

This woman may like Jill for Jill, but Jill won't make her any money.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 11

They go from being sick and housebound for 3 days to dressing up in costumes and going out for free/cheap corn dogs and doughnuts. Nothing like greasy, fatty food after you’ve been sick. Anything for a freebie, I guess. Usually, when people are that cheap, they don’t advertise it to the world. 

Edited by MzTori77
  • Love 24

This is where all those bananas come in handy. Dammit Duggars made me learn something. Jill is a pill but thanks to her I know the difference between the Avon/Tupperware of my generation and the skincare Jill is trying to sell. 

Very interesting about the tipping deal in different areas. I came from Las Vegas were everyone gets tipped to the Midwest were it varies by service. 

I wonder though if Jill made a mistake on her order of bananas. Like she wanted 5 and got five pounds? I've had weird stuff like that happen.

I can't believe she pulls her kids out for freebies. Oh wait..

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I’m not a mom, but I wouldn’t think you’d want to give kids who are just getting over being sick for three days corn dogs and doughnuts?

It really depends on why they were sick.  A bad cold, corn dogs and doughnuts will be fine, a stomach virus, not so much.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Psssstttt, if you go truck or treating they give you free candy! My kid got candy for weeks! 

I was going to say that if they think it's fine to go from restaurant to restaurant dressed up for free food, why can't they go trick or treating for free candy? Are they not allowed candy? It's probably better than half the crap they eat..lol

• LOL 4
  • Love 10