Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

It reminded me of the time when poor Sam was scared and crying in the car when the window wouldn’t go up. Jill videoed and laughed the whole time. 

21 minutes ago, awaken said:

Even the leghumpers are giving her grief over the story with Israel crying. 

Where did you see that? 

• Love 3

I'll go back to the theory someone posted here earlier that Derick doesn't like Izzy very much. I had a mother like that. It wasn't a pleasant childhood because no matter how hard I tried to please, I was the black sheep in her eyes. I think both Jill and Derick have serious personal issues that need treatment. They won't get help but will project their problems on their children instead. This won't end well even if the marriage stays together. The dysfunction just passes to another generation. 

And Jill, put that damn camera down. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, queenanne said:

GOOD! 

They are clearly too immature to parent children; they think like teenaged bullies.  Even if it was funny because Izzy told Sam to kick him and then didn't like the outcome, because who couldn't have envisioned that happening; you smother your smiles while he's there in front of you and COMFORT HIM!  Giggling about it is for later as you're falling asleep in bed.  Who teaches their kid that hitting someone is hilarious???

And that's the key for me. Sure, kids may say and do things that are worthy of America's Funniest (Home) Videos, even if they get temporarily hurt in the process. Tend to the issue immediately, but ONLY laugh about it after the kid has been tended to and made sure he was OK.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

And that's the key for me. Sure, kids may say and do things that are worthy of America's Funniest (Home) Videos, even if they get temporarily hurt in the process. Tend to the issue immediately, but ONLY laugh about it after the kid has been tended to and made sure he was OK.

That's sort of what I was thinking. I am not a parent and don't claim to have any great maternal instincts, but I feel like it would just be common sense and basic decency to comfort Izzy and then use the experience as a teachable moment for him and Sam that we don't roughhouse like that because, even if we don't think it will hurt us or the other person, that doesn't mean it won't hurt. And then once you know both kids are okay but hopefully have internalized a lesson from the situation and you are away from the kids so they don't see you and then think it is funny to hurt each other, then you shake your head, chuckle, and think, "Damn, kid--don't ask your brother to kick you in the face!" 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 17

If Izzy was asked to draw his family, no doubt Derick would be a tall looming figure, Jill would be next to him with a large cell phone in her hand, Sam would be next to her in a stroller and Iz would be a tiny figure off to the side. 😢

15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

03183FEE-792F-4682-ACAA-F0F828815F66.jpeg

even funnier some of the bananas have been moved between pics.  now it is sam on a chair, next to the waste bin playing with the light switch. (totally harmless on that. Sam is at the age turning lights on and off is fascinating) all for a hobby lobby promo.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

That’s a lot of bananas! Do they eat 3 a day or something.

Plus they are all yellow! Unless they eat them all in a day or two, they will all go bad at the same time. Buy some green bananas and rotate!

Oh wait a minute... her famous banana bread micro squares! Duh!

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

Some delivery services do not allow tipping.  I know in my area Safeway delivery does not.  I don't know about Walmart delivery, though.  Maybe she is planning ahead to make banana bread in the next few days.  The bananas should be ripe enough by then.  I still think it is funny that she waits months to "child proof" the kitchen, then lets her children climb on the waste container.  That doesn't seem too safe to me.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Some delivery services do not allow tipping.  I know in my area Safeway delivery does not.  I don't know about Walmart delivery

Out of curiosity, do you know why that is? I always feel bad when I try to tip a kid a few bucks and they're not allowed to take it. I'm sure none of the Duggars share that sentiment, lol.

The Hobby Lobby shelf is cute, though I think I'd use it for something other than produce.

• Love 1

I really like the Hobby Lobby Shelf, but as the above poster said, I'd use it for something else. No doubt at my house some piece of fruit would go bad and ruin the wood...and then people on the internet would talk about what a lazy, wasteful person I am! 🙂 

I might have stood on a trash can before to reach something, but for the love of all that is holy, I would have never have allowed my children to do it and would flip if I saw a picture of my grandkids doing it! That kind of stupidity is reserved for adults that are supposed to know better!

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

My brother makes fruit smoothies every day and even he would think that's too many bananas. I can see him now fretting over the inevitable food waste when more than half of those get tossed uneaten.

He needs a good banana bread recipe then he could buy all the bananas he wanted without worrying about waste.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 10/21/2019 at 7:54 PM, Totally said:

Granted I’m not a musician, but I thought Jill played the harp well

I thought it sounded nice.  I can nitpick Jill with the best of them, but this isn't one of those areas. I got thrown out of piano lessons in 4th grade so kudos for her learning something and keeping up with it.  

• Love 14

Like bananas are the one food item you have total control over. Want one green, one mostly yellow and one ripe? You can do that. Want two, five and three? You can do that too.

Jill wouldn't be able to find her way out of a grocery bag without screwing it up somehow.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Some delivery services do not allow tipping.  I know in my area Safeway delivery does not.  I don't know about Walmart delivery, though.  Maybe she is planning ahead to make banana bread in the next few days.  The bananas should be ripe enough by then.  I still think it is funny that she waits months to "child proof" the kitchen, then lets her children climb on the waste container.  That doesn't seem too safe to me.

Walmart uses DoorDash for delivery in many areas. If customers don’t tip, drivers are literally only paid $2-$3 per trip. For carrying sometimes dozens of heavy bags, multiple cases of water, etc.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Out of curiosity, do you know why that is? I always feel bad when I try to tip a kid a few bucks and they're not allowed to take it. I'm sure none of the Duggars share that sentiment, lol.

Not sure if this applies to delivery people, but when I worked at a grocery store, we were not allowed to accept tips because we were union. That was in the 90's so not sure if rules have changed any. But that could be one reason. 

Just now, christine falls said:

Not sure if this applies to delivery people, but when I worked at a grocery store, we were not allowed to accept tips because we were union. That was in the 90's so not sure if rules have changed any. But that could be one reason. 

Not sure if Jill would think to tip, even if it was allowed. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, christine falls said:

What about Grub Hub? If Derick's job is one in which tips are important to his overall earnings, I'd think that tipping might begin to seem like a good idea to them.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

What about Grub Hub? If Derick's job is one in which tips are important to his overall earnings, I'd think that tipping might begin to seem like a good idea to them.

I use Door Dash for food delivery & the tip is automatically added to your bill.  I can choose  10, 15 or 20% or fill in an actual amount. Hopefully all of that goes to the "Dasher".  Not sure how Grub Hub works. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Is it just me or does the math go...

Derrick earns money delivering food.

Jill spends money having food delivered.

Net: zero.

Derrick couldn’t go to the store or stay with the sick children while Jill went?

Jill said food delivery was free. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, christine falls said:

Walmart is notoriously anti-union, or was last I heard.  If I used their delivery, I would definitely tip.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Walmart is notoriously anti-union, or was last I heard.  If I used their delivery, I would definitely tip.

They are definitely anti-union.  I would go even further and tip the driver in cash.  I would not want Walmart to have any record of my tip.  If there is a way to use reported tips against a driver, Walmart will know about it and exploit their employees accordingly.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Exactly. All of these delivery jobs (groceries and food) are all about the tips. Without them, contractors make almost nothing.

2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill said food delivery was free. 

They waive the actual delivery charge, but drivers never get any of that anyway. If the customer chooses not to tip, they make almost nothing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1